Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 1,096 Words
  • 1,278 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Autumn Ended With A Kiss - 8. Chapter 8

I was so angry, I could’ve punched my uncle Kevin in the face for what he was saying, that’s what I would normally do to someone who talked to me like that, but I couldn’t and wouldn’t do that to my cousin. That would really ruin her wedding.

After all of my cousin’s routine wedding things were over. She and her husband, Rick went from table to table. When she arrived at our table, her parents happened to be right next to her.

“Vera, tell these…these Sodomites that they need to leave this reception this instant.”

“What are you talking about daddy?” asked Vera.

“He’s talking about me and my boyfriend, Vera.” I said.

“Oh, daddy, leave them alone. It isn’t the old days. Besides, he’s my favorite cousin and I want him here and his boyfriend is welcome too.”

“But it’s…it’s disgusting.”

“No what’s disgusting is you treating your own nephew like this. Your sister does it too. I think I married the only sane sibling in this family.” said Kat.

“Mom, Dad…being gay isn’t a big deal. It’s just love and what’s a wedding supposed to be about if it’s not about love?”

I got up to hug my cousin and then turned to Andy.

“Vera, this is my boyfriend Andy. Andy this is my cousin Vera.”

“It’s nice to meet you.” Andy put his hand out.

“Oh, family is supposed to hug.” She wrapped her arms around Andy and he awkwardly hugged back.

“It’s a beautiful wedding.” said Andy.

“Thank you, I wish I could stay and chat, but I’ve got a lot of tables to get to.”

Vera left and Kevin and Margaret sneered at us as they went back to their table.

Vera sat down and the waiters all came out with plates full of food that we ordered earlier. We all ate and at the end of the meal, the waiters came out with a flute of champagne for everyone.

The best man stood up and said his speech and so did the maid of honor. After the speeches the whole cake extravaganza took place and then we all had cake as the DJ started to play dance music. My body started to groove uncontrollably and Andy felt it and started to laugh at me.

“What? I’m gay. I’m supposed to love to dance. It’s in the Bi Laws.”

Andy smirked. “You’re so cute.” He kissed me on the cheek.

“AWWWW!” cried the whole table.

Andy turned bright red and ate the last piece of his cake, which was velvety smooth by the way.

People started to dance and the floor started to fill up.

“Come on, let’s dance.” I said to Andy.

“Right now? I’m full.” said Andy.

“Then it’s time to work it off.”

I pulled Andy onto the dance floor. We started to…boogie if you will. At first people stared as they danced, but then they got used to it. It was just too guys dancing. No harm in that. Then, the DJ played a slow song. Andy and I got closer and some couples left the floor as soon as they saw this, but most couples stayed.

I looked into Andy’s hazel eyes and then put my head beside his as we spun slowly in our dance. Vera and her husband danced next to us.

“I love you, Dylan.”

“I love you, too Andy.”

“Did I hear you right little cousin? Sorry to eave’s drop.”

I smiled at her and I felt myself blush a bit and saw Andy blush as well. “Yes, Vera. I love Andy. I love him so much that I have no idea where to put it all.” I said that last part while looking straight into Andy’s eyes.

I bent his forehead onto my shoulder in embarrassment. I held him closer and the song ended. We walked back to the table and the rest of the night was just repetition and by the time we got to the hotel room, both of us were so exhausted that we fell asleep in our clothes.

* * *

“So, I got you a present. Well, it’s kind of for the both of us.” I said to Andy right before he was about to get on the bus.

“What is it?”

“I got us some of those little cameras for the computer. So…ah, so we can see each other when we want to talk or…whatever.” I said suggestively.

Andy laughed and blushed. “Wow, this is cool. Thanks. I will set it up as soon as I get home.”

We kissed and hugged tightly before he hopped on the bus headed back for Meek.

* * *

I woke up in my bed at home, alone. I had gotten used to waking up next to Andy that it was impossibly depressing to wake up without him there.

Kat came barging into my room. “Dylan, it’s time for school. What’s with the face?”

I sighed.

“You miss Andy.”

“I can’t help it. I just…I got so used to waking up next to him.”

“I know it’s hard to be separated from him, but…it’s…it’s only for a few more months then…then maybe you’ll be going to the same college.”

“Ugh! Why did I have to fall so hard for him?”

“You can’t choose how deeply you love someone, Dylan. But…life goes on. You need to get ready for school.”

Once I got to school, I couldn’t come up with the energy to do anything. I just sat and did my work. I didn’t talk much. I just felt…incomplete without Andy.

“What’s the matter?” asked Marc. I sat in the courtyard. It was the only place in that school that I could think and Marc was the only one who knew to look for me there when no one else could find me.

“I just miss Andy…I miss him a lot.”

“That’s understandable. You and Andy…for what I could see when I met him a while ago, you and Andy had a close bond.”

“Yeah, well, we’re friends before anything. I think that’s why we’re so close. I guess that’s what makes it so hard. I can’t stand not being able to turn to him or hold him or know that he’s…he’s at home waiting for me.”

I could feel tears coming on. I tried my best to fight them, but couldn’t. I burst into tears right in front of Marc and he put his arm around me. I quickly got up and wiped my tears. I collected myself. It took a while, but I did it.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..