Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 857 Words
  • 1,168 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Autumn Ended With A Kiss - 13. Chapter 13

Soon, Dylan left, but I wasn’t as depressed as I usually am when we have to part. We worked things out and I couldn’t have been happier.

After he left, I went back home to start on my weekend homework, but I couldn’t concentrate. I was just so unbelievably happy that Dylan didn’t break up with and honestly, I couldn’t care less that he slept with Zero. As far as I’m concerned, we’re even.

There was a knock at the front door. My mom was busy in the kitchen so I got up to answer it. It was Nick. I hadn’t seen him in months.

“What do you want?” I asked, still bitter about Nick’s beat down on Dylan.

“I-I heard that Dylan was back town. I thought that he might be here.”

“Well, he’s not. You’re too late.”

“Will you tell him th-that…”

“No, I’m not telling him anything. You don’t get any chances, Nick….You know Dylan is a really great guy and you treated him like shit, but now he loves me and I love him and we’re happy so just leave us alone.”

Nick put his head down in embarrassment. I’ve never seen him look so vulnerable. But, no…I wasn’t going to feel sorry for him.

“I’m, I’m sorry. I won’t bother you again.”

He turned around and slowly walked away. I sighed. I couldn’t believe I was about to do what I was about to do.

“Nick, wait.”

He stopped and turned around to look at me.

“Why don’t you come in? We can talk.”

“Why do you want to talk to me?”

“I can’t leave you like this. You obviously need to talk.”

“Are you sure?”

“No, but you’d better come in before I change my mind.” I said, really conflicted with myself.

Nick walked in slowly. I led him to my room. He started to look around. He seemed uncomfortable.

“Go head and sit down.” I said.

He sat down at my desk.

“Cool room. Did, ah, did you and Dylan spend a lot of time in here?” he asked.

“You could say that. But…I didn’t ask you in to talk about me and Dylan. I can see that, that you have a lot on your mind.” I said. Sitting on the edge of my bed.

“I just feel like the shittiest person that ever lived. I don’t love Emily, but I married her anyway because I thought it was the right thing to do. I love my daughter. I didn’t think I could love someone so much, but it just oozes out of me when I see her. I just couldn’t take being with Emily any longer. Her nagging me about how I don’t show her that I loved her. I finally broke down and told her it was because I didn’t love her.”

“That must’ve been hard for the both of you.”

“It was. I hated leaving Lily like that, but I couldn’t stand it there any longer. By that time, I was thinking of Dylan twenty-four seven and seeing Emily and Lily everyday was just a blaring reminder that…that I wasn’t with him any longer. Then…then I heard that you two were together and were, were pretty close.”

“We love each other, Nick. I know it’s hard for you to hear, but we do.”

“Yeah, I know and…and I beat myself up everyday for ruining my chance with him because you’re right, he is a great guy. And I just feel horrible for the way I treated him.”

“It’s too late for regrets, Nick. Dylan has moved on and so should you.”

“You’re just saying that because he’s your boyfriend.”

“Yes, exactly. He’s my boyfriend. I’m proof that he’s moved on. It’s also why I’m not gonna let you or anyone else ruin what I have with Dylan.”

“Maybe it’s time for me to go now.” said Nick.

“Yeah, I think you should.” I said, getting up.

He got up from the chair and I walked him to the front door.

“I know this didn’t end so well, but…I still want to thank you for giving me someone to talk to. You were right. It is what I needed.”

“I know I’m gonna regret saying this but…anytime you need to talk. I’m here. And I know that you probably don’t believe me, but…there’s not a lot of people in this town who’re in the same boat as us…the…the liking guys thing I mean, and I know it’s hard to go through by yourself. I wouldn’t wish that on anybody. No matter how much of an ass I think you are for the way you treated Dylan.”

“Thanks…I guess.”

I laughed. “Well, it is a small town. It’s not like we would’ve run into each other anyway.”

I knew I would regret doing what I did, but…Nick just seemed so sad and I’m afraid that my good nature took over my scorn for him. I couldn’t let him just sulk in pain and if I did and he did something to get in trouble or do something to himself or someone else, I could never forgive myself.”

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..