Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 1,821 Words
  • 1,532 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Autumn Ended With A Kiss - 2. Chapter 2

I parked the car in front of the school. Jasper sat in the passenger seat, waiting for me to make a move, but I just kept staring at the school.

“It’s going to be cool, Dylan. You’ll see. The people here will totally love you. Plus you’re gay. That gives you an edge at this school. So, let’s hope for yours and Andy’s sake that no guys hit on you which is most likely going to happen given the way you dress.”

“Why does everyone harp on the way I dress?” I asked.

“Because you dress like a man slut. I don’t think Andy would appreciate that much.”

“You barely know Andy.”

“I’m just saying, I wouldn’t like Steph running out dressing all slutty. It’s a good thing that she doesn’t.”

“Let’s just go.” I said.

I took the keys out of the ignition and we walked out of the car. It was supposed to be Jasper’s, but aunt Kat still didn’t trust him to drive it so she gave me the keys.

As soon as we walked onto the campus, Steph greeted Jasper with a kiss and me with a hug. She was accompanied by this little dark haired girl called Olivia. Every one called her Liv though.

“Damn, Jasper, who’s your friend?”

“This is my cousin Dylan. Dylan this is Olivia, Liv for short.” said Jasper, nicely.

Liv threw herself at me. “It’s so great to meet you.” She said putting her hand out daintily.

“Down, Liv. He’s not interested.” said Jasper.

“Well how do you know?” she asked, sneering at Jasper.

“Because he’s a queer.” said Jasper.

She looked at him and then me, amazed.

“I’m afraid it’s true.” I said.

She shook her head. “What a shame, and you’re so hot.”

“Thank you. I’ll tell my boyfriend you think so.” I said with a smile.

“You have a boyfriend? Where is he?” asked Liv.

“In Meek about four hours away. I had to move.” I said.

“That sucks.” said Liv.

“Where’s Zero and Marc?” Jasper asked the girls.

“I think they’re in the cafeteria.” said Steph. “Those two are always eating.”

“I’m gonna go find them.” said Jasper. “Do you want to come?” he asked me.

“No, I’m not really that hungry.” I said. “I think I’m gonna go make sure I know where all my classes are at so I’m not late.”

“Okay, suit yourself.” said Jasper.

I started to roam the school. I got a lot of stares, but they weren’t “who’s the weirdo” stares. They were “who’s the hottie” stares. I knew I should’ve changed the way I dress. And, Jasper was right. Both guys and girls were checking me out. That’s never happened to me before, the guys part. I’ve only had girls fawn over me.

“You lost or something?”

I turned around and saw Zero.

“Oh, no I was just…You know Jasper was looking for you just now. He thought you were in the cafeteria.”

“Well, I was. I left about five minutes ago.”

“Well, you should go back if you wanna catch him before school.” I said.

“I don’t wanna catch up to him. I’d rather do this.”

Before I knew it, Zero’s tongue was in my mouth and I didn’t like it one bit.

“Hey!” I pushed him off. “Cool off. I have a boyfriend and I love him.”

“But he’s not here. He’ll never know.”

“I’ll know and…I don’t even like you like that. You’re cool, but as a friend. And…does Jasper even know that you’re…whatever?”

“I’m bi and no, he doesn’t know.”

“Why not? I thought he was your best friend.”

“He is. It’s just…this is my business and no one else’s.” said Zero. “Whatever, if you don’t wanna make out, I’m gone.”

“Yes, please leave.”

Zero left and I was kinda speechless once he did. Why? Why would he do that? I just went straight to my homeroom.

I went through the day, trying to figure out if I should tell Jasper about Zero’s little come on. If I were Jasper, I would want to know if my best friend was hitting on a family member. But, if I was Zero, I wouldn’t really want someone else to tell someone I care about my personal business.

At lunch, Liv continued to throw herself at me. I think it amused her. I let her. It’s not like it would do any harm. I mean, she’s a girl.

“So, why are you here in Oregon? Where are you originally from?” asked Liv.

“Well, I was sort of a trouble maker back in New York, but it was only because I wanted out of that miserable town. Unfortunately, my mom shipped me from one miserable town to another. But, it took some time and meeting the right people for me to realize that Meek was a really cool place.”

“So, why aren’t you with your mom?” asked Liv.

“Liv, that’s enough. You need to mind your own business.” Snapped Jasper.

“Hey, easy Jasper. She was just asking a question.” said Steph.

“She was getting too personal.” said Jasper.

“No, it’s okay Jas…” I could feel my tears filling up in my eyes. “My, ah, my mom ditched me…she caught me making out with a guy.”

“Oh, I’m…I’m so sorry…I shouldn’t have pushed it.” said Liv.

I wiped my tears. “It’s okay. My mother…my mother’s a close minded bigot. I have no room in my life for people like that.”

Jasper put his arm around me and rubbed my shoulder.

“I’ve got.…I’m gonna go.” I, not wanting to let them see me cry.

I got up and walked to the courtyard. It reminded me the most of the garden in my grampa’s yard.

Marc must’ve followed me because he ended up sitting next to me.

“I’m sorry for my little break down.” I said.

“Are you okay?” asked Marc

“Sure, I’ll be okay.” I said. “It’s just it really hurts whenever I think about my mom and…and what she said to me that morning when she caught me…it chokes me up little.”

“Maybe she’ll come around. My mom did.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m gay too.”

“Gosh, is everyone in this school gay or bi?” I asked.

“Did Zero already come onto you?” he asked.

I nodded.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t read too much into it. He comes on to anything with legs.”

“Why does he do that? And why doesn’t he tell Jasper?”

“Oh, Zero won’t admit it, but he’s hopelessly in love with Jasper. He always has been. It’s too bad Jasper is straight.”

“Shit, well, thanks for coming to check on me, but I’m alright.”

“It should be Jasper over here, but…he’s too busy making out with Steph.” said Marc.

“Oh, well, it’s okay. Like I said. I’m fine.”

* * *

We walked back into the house and Aunt Kat was reading a card that most likely came from the mail.

“What’s that mom?” asked Jasper.

“It’s a wedding invitation. You’re cousin Vera is getting married.” answered aunt Kat.

“Oh, to that Ben guy?” I asked.

“Yes, the wedding is in a week.” said Kat. “It’s in Seattle.”

“How long is it?”

“Three days.” she said. “Everyone is making plans to be there for three days. It’s Friday night, Saturday and Sunday.”

“Great, is my mom going? Do you know?” I asked.

“I don’t know. I’ll have to talk to your uncle Jeff.”

“If she’s going. I don’t want to go.”

“Why not? Vera and you were so close growing up.”

“Yeah, because she was my babysitter.” I said. “That’s the only reason I liked her.”

“Well, I think you should come no matter if your mother comes our not. This invitation is for the six of us plus two.”

“What the plus two for?” asked Jasper.

“If we want to bring guests. So…I was thinking you could bring Steph and Dylan should bring Andy.”

“Look, I don’t know. I just came out. Do you think now’s the time to bring Andy to a wedding?”

“I think it’s wonderful timing. Dylan, you need to show our family that you’re proud of who you are, but more importantly, your mother.”

“I don’t care about my mother, and that’s final. I don’t want to talk about this anymore. I’m going to my room.”

I sped off before anyone could try and stop me. I sat on my bed at first and then laid down. I put my hands behind my head. The first person that came to mind was Andy, so I picked up my cell phone and dialed his number.

“Hello?” answered Andy’s mom.

“Hi Ms. Roark. It’s Dylan. Is Andy there?”

“Oh Dylan. Andy will be so happy to hear from you. He’s been moping around ever since he got back.”

I smiled and waited for her to give Andy the phone. She didn’t tell him that it was me. She just told him that it was for him. I heard her.

“Hello?” he answered.

“Hey handsome.”

“Dylan! Ah, it’s so great to hear your voice.”

“You too, kid. Is being apart as unbearable for you as it is for me?”

“I didn’t know that I would miss you this much.” said Andy.

“I did, but I guess there was no choice.”

“So what’s been up with you?”

“I don’t know. My cousins friends are cool I guess, but…there was this one girl, Liv that kept asking me all kinds of questions about my family, especially my mother.”

“Oh no. Are you okay?”

“Yeah, it’s no biggie. Oh, and there are tons of gays at my school.”

“Oh…ah…that’s cool.”

“Relax. You know you’re the only one for me. Anyway…there’s this wedding that I’m invited to…for my cousin Vera.”

“Oh…okay.”

“Well, I was kinda wonder if…if you would like to be my date.”

“Oh…I…I would be honored to be your date. When is it?”

“This weekend.” I said. “I hope it’s not too short notice.”

“No, of course not. Let me ask my mom.”

I waited while he asked his mom. He must’ve left the phone in his room because all I heard was the music he was listening to. It sounded kind of like Kings of Leon.

“Hey, still there?” he asked.

“Of course, what did she say?”

“She said it was okay. I think she’s sick of my mood. I’ve been kinda cranky since I left Portland.”

“Well, I’ve been the same since you left here too anyway…what’s new with you?”

“Oh! I didn’t tell you. Apparently I’m an inspiration to the gay community here in Meek. There’s these two guys that told me that they came out to their parents because of me.”

“Oh and this is news? You’ve always been an inspiration to me.”

Andy giggled. “Okay, sure…whatever.”

Andy and I talked for five hours before finally deciding to hang up, even though it was really difficult. I love this guy way too much.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..