Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 975 Words
  • 1,089 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Autumn Ended With A Kiss - 15. Chapter 15

“I don’t know, Andrew. We hardly know those people.” said my mom after I brought up the Thanksgiving idea. Me, her and my Susan.

“Well, I know them. They’re really nice people.”

“Didn’t you tell me something about some of his family giving you two trouble?”

“Well, I asked him about that and Dylan said that those people wouldn’t be there.”

“I don’t know, Andrew. I’ll have to think about it.”

“Come on, mom. I’ve never been to Portland and it’ll be cool to meet Dylan’s family.” said Susan.

“See, mom. Even Susan wants to go. It’ll be a great holiday.” I tried to push it.

She shook her head in amazement.

“Well, since you two are so insistent. We can go to Portland for Thanksgiving.”

“Yes! Thanks mom. Can I go call Dylan and tell him the good news?” I practically jumped out of my chair.

“You haven’t finished your dinner.”

I quickly stuffed a bunch of food in my mouth, chewed quickly and then swallowed.

“Okay?”

My mom laughed. “Okay, okay go ahead.”

I was in my room listening to my phone ring before she could even finish. Dylan was totally elated that my mom agreed to going to Portland for Thanksgiving. At the same time, he assured me that Kat had agreed to it the day that he arrived back from his visit.

* * *

“So are you excited to see him?” asked Alec as he watched me pack.

“Yeah, of course. A few hours without seeing him and I’d be excited to see him.”

“You really are in love with this guy huh?”

“Yeah and listen…thanks for not being super mad at me for hurting Davis. I know you two are close.”

“He’s my best friend. But, sometimes he can over think things. He got invested in you before there was even anything to get invested in.”

“Still, I feel horrible for leading him on.”

“He shouldn’t have slept with you in the first place. He knows how much you love Dylan.”

“Thanks for understanding.”

“Listen, I’ve got to go. I start work in ten minutes.” said Alec. “I hope you have a good time in Portland.” I hugged Alec and he kissed me on the cheek. “Everything with Davis will sort itself out.”

“Thanks. You’re the best.”

* * *

As our bus pulled into the Portland station, I spotted Dylan’s raggedy old car waiting for us. We got off and Dylan was the first person I saw. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms tight around my waist. We kissed each other on the cheek. He let me go and hugged both Susan and my mother.

“Thanks for coming. How’ve you been?” Dylan asked my mom.

“I’ve been good. Thanks so much for the invitation. It’ll be a nice change to have people around for Thanksgiving.” Mom answered with a smile on her face.

“Well, welcome to Portland. Let’s go. I’ll take you to your hotel. Unless your hungry. I know this great place where we could get a bite.”

My mom looked at us, me and Susan, neither of us were hungry.

“No it’s okay. To the hotel is fine.” said mom.

Dylan took my hand as we walked to the car. I never have gotten used to the stares that we get at that station.

“I hope you don’t mind the little motel we set you up in. It’s only for tonight. Tomorrow we’ll be heading to Eugene. It’s about a two hour drive from what I’m told.”

“It’s fine.” my mom said with a smile.

As we drove, I watched as my mom and Susan stared out of the back seat windows. I felt Dylan take my hand and watched as he put the back of it to his lips. I smiled at him and squeezed his hand.

We stopped at the hotel and Dylan and I got my mom and Susan’s bags off of the car.

“Aren’t you staying with us Andy?” asked Susan.

“Oh, ah…” I put my arm around Dylan’s waist. “No, sorry kid. But I’ll be staying with you guys once we get to Eugene tomorrow.”

“Come on Susan. We should get these bags into the room and give these boys some time alone.” said mom.

They left into the hotel and I sat on the trunk hood after Dylan closed it. I came and stood in between my legs. I put my hands on his thin waist and he leaned in to kiss me without saying a word. My heart raced as his hold on me became tighter and more desperate, but a good desperate.

“Remember, this is a public place, Dylan. You keep this up and we could get in trouble.”

“For what being in love?”

“Hmm,” I laughed. “For indecent exposure.”

“Alright, let’s go to my house then.” he suggested.

“Kay, let me just make sure my mom and Susan have everything that they need.”

Dylan took a deep breath. “You make me wait, again?”

“Oh, just a few more minutes.” I said.

I got off of the car and kissed Dylan on the cheek one more time. I walked into the hotel and found Susan and mom in the lobby.

“You waited? Great. Do you guys need anything else? Are you sure you’re not hungry?”

Susan looked up at me as if she was hungry, but she didn’t want to say so.

“Susan, how about you come with me and you can meet Dylan’s cousins. They’re about your age, just a little older.”

“Can I mom?”

“Sure, go ahead. I need a nap anyway.” said mom.

Mom took the bags to the room and Susan and I left the hotel. I had my arm around her shoulders. When we walked out and saw Dylan, I mouthed “Sorry” to him. He smiled.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..