Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 856 Words
  • 1,010 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Worthington Manor - 2. Chapter 2

“You know with all of this gossip talk, I’ve lost my manors. My name’s Bud Avery.” said the old man
“Well, it’s been a pleasure so far, Bud. My name’s Justin Moore.”
“Well we’ve reached town, this is where the ride ends.” said Bud
“Thanks a lot Bud.” said Justin as he left the bus.

Justin walked down the main street in this town he called Death Town. He passed the occasional old person, but never anyone his age. There had to be somewhere where all of the young people were at and he was going to find it if it was the last thing that he ever did.
The air was fresh and nippy. The air was certainly clearer than Chicago, where he was from. As he walked down the sidewalk, looking all around him to find any hint of a young person’s hang out, he bumped straight into a guy, maybe a year or two older than he was.

“Watch where you’re going!” yelled the guy
“Sorry, I’m so sorry.”
“That’s cool, you must be new.” said the guy
“What makes you say that?” asked Justin
“Because I don’t know you and in this town, everyone knows everyone.” said the guy.
“I’m Justin.”
“Luke”
“So is there someplace in this town that’s a lot more lively?” asked Justin
“Yeah, that would be Mikey’s. I’m actually headed there now, wanna join me?” asked Luke
“Sure, I’ve got nothing better to do.” said Justin
“So what house did you move into?” asked Luke
“I think my house is called Worthington Manor.” said Justin
“You moved into Worthington Manor?” asked Luke in shock.
“I know, I know; the bus driver filled me in on the rumors.”
“Then you know.”
“Yes, but I don’t believe in the supernatural.”
“Well, you’ll be a believer eventually.” said Luke
“Sure, whatever you say.”
“So, where did you move here from?”
“Chicago”
“Wow, a big city guy huh”
“I guess, but I grew up there so, I never really got the benefit of seeing it’s glamour as a big city.”
“How old are you?” asked Luke
“What’s with all of the questions?”
“Sorry, just trying to get to know you.”
“No, I’m sorry. I’m just not used to people asking me about my life and I’m kind of a private person, but to answer your question I’m fourteen.” said Justin
“Wow, me too; so that means your in the ninth grade.” said Luke
“Yeah, I’ll be at school on Monday. Is the high school here cool?”
“It’s the same as any other high school I guess.” said Luke
“Hmm, that should be interesting.”
“Well, we’re here.” said Luke
“A diner?” asked Justin
“It’s not just a diner. It’s an arcade, a bar, and a pool house.” said Luke
“So this is where you all hang out.” said Justin
“Yeah, come on; I’ll introduce you to all of my friends.”
“Here goes nothing”

They walked into Mikey’s and it was a diner full of noise and laughter. There was music playing, but not loud enough to impose on the conversations. It was a dark place and slightly smoky. It was full of young people from Justin’s age all the way to maybe people in their early thirties. Luke led him to a group of people that were all around their age. There might have been a few that were a little older. They were sitting in booths that were right next to each other. There were four people in each booth.

“Hey guys this is Justin. His family just moved into Worthington Manor.”
“No shit is all haunted and stuff?” asked this blonde girl that was sitting on the inside of the booth on the right.
“Um, not as far as I know.”
“Uh, Justin, this is Jessica; my girlfriend.”

‘Shit he has a girlfriend’ was all Justin could think. He was really hoping that Luke would be gay, but he still held out hope. Lots of gay guys go out with girls before they come out.

“A pleasure Jessica” said Justin

He noticed that the girl sitting opposite of Jessica was staring at him as if she saw her new husband. All he could think is ‘Just my luck’. The last thing he wanted was for some chick to have a crush on him.

“Hey, I’m Justin.” he said to the staring girl.
“I-I’m Laura” said the girl nervously.
“So, this is where you guys like to hang out.”
“Yeah, it’s pretty much the only thing that this town has to offer, besides maybe the cinema.” said Jessica

Another guy from the left side of the booth got up to introduce himself.

“What’s up dude, I’m Noah” said the guy as he shook Justin’s hand.
“Cool, I’m Justin.”
“Over here we have Darin, Kale, and Jared.” said Noah pointing to the other guys in his booth. “And over in the girl’s booth you already know Jessica and Laura and this is April and Lindsey.”
“It’s really a relief meeting all you guys. I don’t know what I would have done on Monday at school if I hadn’t known anyone.” said Justin

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..