Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 6,086 Words
  • 814 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Worthington Manor - 24. Chapter 24

Justin walked into the room, Kevin and Luke followed. It was decorated with iron candlestick holders and paintings, but everything was full of dust and spider webs. In the middle of the room, there was a bed, with three very high bed posts. The blankets were a burgundy color and the bed frame seemed to be iron. The room stunk. It stunk as if something had been rotting in there.

“What’s that smell?” asked Kevin
“I don’t know.” said Justin
“I don’t think I want to find out.” said Luke “What are we supposed to be looking for up here?”
“I don’t know. Anything that will give us a clue to what life was like for them I guess.” said Justin.
“Should we spread out and look for them?” asked Kevin
“No, we need to stick together.” said Justin. “Let’s start over here at this book case.”

Justin, Luke, and Kevin started to look through the dusty books. Kevin tried to pull one out, but it wouldn’t budge.

“Hey, Justin. This book is stuck.” said Kevin
“Wait, it might not be stuck.” said Justin

Justin went over and slightly pulled it down instead of out and then back up. The entire book case opened from right to left.

“Let’s go.” said Justin.
“Justin, you can’t just explore the third floor. It’s been closed off for a reason.” said Luke.
“Stop worrying so much. Do you want to get out of here alive or don’t you?” asked Justin
“Yes, and I want you to come out of this alive as well and you’re not going to do that if you’re not more careful.” said Luke
“I agree with Luke.” said Kevin
“Out of all of the times for you two to put aside your differences, this has to be the worst time ever.” said Justin.
“We’re just scared, Justin.”
“You don’t think I’m scared too? I almost pissed my pants earlier. I just really, really want to get out of this stupid house.”

Justin took Luke’s hand and walked into the hidden room with his light in front of him. The walls were covered in chains and in the chains were skeletons; little skeletons.

“Oh my God, are these little kids?” asked Kevin
“I think so.” said Justin. “It explains the little girl with all of those markings on her.”
“What about the other ones? Why haven’t we seen them?” asked Luke.
“I don’t know.” said Justin.

In the corner, they spotted a larger skeleton. Luke was good with biology and anatomy so he went over to the skeleton.

“This one is a woman.” said Luke. “As for the little ones; some of them are girls and some of them are boys.”

There were six child skeletons.

“This is awful. Who would do something like this?” asked Kevin.
“My guess is this woman. The one that been doing this to us.” said Justin.

Just then the door closed on them. Kevin ran to the door and banged on it with his fists.

“Shit!” yelled Kevin. “We’re locked in here! Oh my God, we’re going to die in here! No!”

Kevin started to become hysterical. Justin walked up to him and put his hand on his shoulders.

“Kevin”

Kevin kept mumbling his worries underneath his breath as Justin repeated his name. Then Justin slapped him.

“Kevin!” Justin hollered as he slapped him. “You need to calm down.”
“I…I have to get back to Trey.” said Kevin
“We’re going to find a way out of here.” said Justin
“That’s easy for you to say. You’re with the guy that you love. The guy that I love is out there.” said Kevin
“What did you say?” said Justin and Luke almost simultaneously.
“I love him. I love Trey. I need to get back to him.” said Kevin
“Don’t worry, Kev. I’m going to get you out of here and back to the guy that you love. Do you trust me?”
“Of course I trust you Justin.” said Kevin
“Then help us find a way out of here. Do you still have that lighter?” asked Justin
“Yeah why?”
“There’s candle’s on the walls. They might give us some more light.” said Justin
“Yeah” said Kevin
“You know, you should really stop smoking. It’s bad for you.”
“This isn’t the time for a lecture.”
“I just remembered that I’ve never really said how I felt about your smoking to you.”
“Can we just figure out a way to get out of here?” asked Kevin.
“Well, I heard that if you burn the bones of a ghost that they will go away.” said Justin.
“Well it can’t hurt to try.” said Kevin.
“But I don’t think that we can just burn them. I don’t think they’ll light by themselves.” said Justin
“Well we’ve got to try.”

Kevin started to the woman’s bones, but he was suddenly thrown to the other end of the room hitting the wall with his back.

“Kevin!” yelled Justin

Justin ran to Kevin and knelt beside him on the floor.

“Are you okay?” asked Justin.

Kevin started to groan in pain.

“I think so.” said Justin.

Then, all of a sudden, they heard a very sinister laugh. It was a woman’s laugh. The three of them looked around the room. They looked to the corner that her bones were in an then, suddenly she appeared.

“You’ve been a very bad boy Tommy. Mommy is very disappointed in you.”

Kevin carefully got up.

“Kevin,” whispered Justin, “throw the lighter on the bones.”

Kevin propped the light on and then quickly threw it to the bones. To Luke and Justin, watching the lighter fly through was in slow motion. They each held their breath as it flew the air. As it hit the bones, it blew up in flames.
The spirit began to scream and the apparition started to slowly disintegrate as if being blown by the wind. The power of the wind blew each of them back to the ground. The scream practically deafened them and they each covered their ears as their hair was blowing in the wind.
The wind was powerful enough to be a tornado in the room. In fact, the remains of the apparition were spinning in a spiral that much resembled an upside down tornado. The scream went into a decrescendo as the remains of the apparition slowly disappeared, but the wind didn’t die until a few second after it disappeared.
The flame died and the three teenagers got up. The looked around in what was now darkness. They turned on their lights and looked around the room.

“Is it over?” asked Luke
“I think so.”

Luke embraced Justin and put his lips hard on Justin’s.

“Can you two celebrate after we’ve gotten out of this torture room?” asked Kevin.
“You’re right. There has to be a switch around here somewhere.” said Justin.
“Maybe we should’ve asked psycho bitch before we sent her to hell.” said Kevin

The three started to look around for any sign of a button or lever to get out of that room.

* * *

Downstairs, Trey was watching closely over the little ones. They woke up and looked around. They saw no one except for Trey.

“Trey, what happened to our brothers and Luke?” asked Ashley
“They went to try and find us a way out of here.” said Trey. “I stayed here to watch over you guys.” said Trey
“Are they going to be back soon?” asked David.
“I don’t know, David. I don’t know.”

Trey was worried; mostly about Kevin. He knew that Luke had Justin to take care of him, but who was going to take care of Kevin? He knew that Justin and Kevin were brothers, but they never really got along too well from what he saw.

“Trey, I know that you don’t know us that well, but, do you think that we could all cuddle together?” asked Ashley. “I just don’t feel safe.”

Trey looked down at Ashley and smiled.

“Of course.” he answered.

Trey walked over to the corner that they were in and sat down. He wrapped one of them under each arm and they nestled their heads into his chest. There, in that position, all three of them fell asleep once more.
They were woken up by Justin, Luke, and Kevin walking in through the door and turning the light on. The three of them quickly got up.

“The lights are on. Does that mean that it’s over?” asked Trey.
“Yes, it’s over.” said Justin.

Trey ran over to Kevin and wrapped his arms around him and Kevin squeezed Trey’s shoulders.

“I’m so glad that you’re okay.” said Trey.

Then he went to Luke and hugged him.

“What happened?” asked Trey.
“You don’t want to know.” said Justin.

Justin looked over to Ashley and David. Then they ran over to him.

“Did you get rid of those bad ghosts?” asked Ashley.
“Yes, we did.” said Justin. “Actually, if it wasn’t for Kevin, we would still be in a lot of trouble.”
“Really?” asked David.
“Yup, it was his lighter that saved us.” said Luke.
“My hero.” said Trey, sarcastically.
“Let’s get out of here.” said Kevin.
“Wait, I don’t think that we should get out of here just yet.” said Justin
“Why not?” asked Kevin
“I don’t want the kids to see what’s downstairs.” said Justin
“No, I think Justin is right.” said Luke. “It’s pretty bad down there.”
“What’s down there?” asked Ashley.
“Nothing for you to worry about Hon.” said Justin. “All you need to know is that it’s over and we’re safe.”

Justin walked over to the empty wall and slid down in until he was sitting up against it. Luke walked over to him and observed the cuts and bruises on his face. Then, he sat next to him and rested his head on Justin’s shoulder.

“I love you.” said Luke
“I love you too.” said Justin.

Trey and Kevin went and sat next to them. Kevin took Trey’s hand and squeezed it.

“I told you that you would get back.” said Trey
“Kevin, are you and Trey friends like Justin and Luke?” asked Ashley.
“Yes Ashley.” said Kevin in a tired smile.

* * *

All that Kevin and Justin heard was the beep of their mother’s machines as they sat in her hospital room. Then, as they sat quietly, Trey and Luke walked in.

“Hey, where’s David and Ashley?” asked Justin
“They’re with my mom.” said Luke.
“We thought that we’d come and see how you two were doing.” said Trey.
“We should really ask how you’re doing.” said Justin. “You two were the ones almost killed in our house by hostile ghosts.”
“Ah, we’ll be fine.” said Luke. He paused. “My mom wanted to know where you four are going to be staying while the investigation is going on and while your mom is still in a coma.”
“I-I don’t know.” said Justin.
“Well, she offered you to stay with us.” said Luke
“Well, we were thinking of taking Ashley and David to the cabin for a while to just forget about everything.” said Kevin.
“Oh”
“You and your family can come with us if you’d like. There’s enough room.” said Justin.
“Well, I’ll talk with them.” said Luke. “But for now, we just want to be with you guys.”

* * *

“So, how’s your mom doing?” asked Luke
“The same I guess. I just want her to wake up.” said Justin.

Luke and Justin sat in the waiting room as Kevin and Trey were in Julie’s hospital room.

“How are you going to tell her about Mark?” asked Luke
“I still don’t. First she has to wake up.”
“She will, babe. You just have to have faith in her.”
“I just miss her so much. I feel like I’m fifteen going on forty. I’ve had to deal with so much adult stuff lately with these ghosts and taking care of David and Ashley and I all I want is my mom.”

* * *

Luke and Trey walked back into their house and Patty and Jerry, Luke’s parents and Trey’s aunt and uncle, was waiting for them in the living room.

“Hey, you’re back. How are the boys doing?” asked Patty.
“Not too well. They’re still really depressed, but who could blame them.” said Luke.
“You know, we never had that lunch.” said Jerry.
“I know, but as you know, it’s been hectic.” said Luke.
“What did they say about staying with us?” asked Patty.
“They said that they would think about it. They wanted to take Ashley and David out to the cabin for a while to just forget about everything. They invited all of us there too.” said Luke
“All of us? Is there room?”
“Aunt Patty, you should see that Cabin. Its huge.” said Trey.
“I don’t know. I think I can take some time off of work.” said Jerry.
“Oh come on Dad. What’s better than a vacation in a high class cabin in the mountains?” asked Luke.
“Okay.”
“Yes!”

Luke went upstairs to call Justin and Justin was ecstatic. Then Luke went to the guest room to David and Ashley.

“Hey Luke!” said Ashley.

Ashley ran over to hug him and David mimicked her.

“Guess what you guys?” asked Luke. “We’re all going to the cabin for a while.”
“All of us?!” David got excited.
“Yup all of us.” said Luke.

* * *

“Are you sure Justin’s brother is a good driver?” asked Patty.
“Yes, mom. Plus, he’s the only one that can drive that knows the way there by roads.”
“Are you sure your father can’t drive?” asked Patty.
“Mom, you’d better stop insulting Justin’s brother in front of Trey.”

Trey hit him and mouthed ‘shut up’.

“Why?” asked Patty
“Oh no reason.” said Luke, playfully.

Jerry pulled their family car up to the hotel that Justin, Kevin, Ashley, and David were staying at. Luke got out his cell phone and called Justin to tell him that they were there. Justin told him their room number and the four of them made their way to the room.
Patty and Jerry had never met Justin before and they were excited to have met him.

“I’m so glad to finally meet you, Justin. Luke talks about you all the time. Actually, you’re the only thing that he does talk about.” said Patty after she embraced Justin.
“I’m glad to meet you too Mrs. Smith.”

Trey went over to Kevin and took his hand.

“Uncle Jerry, Aunt Patty. I have to tell you something.” said Trey.

Jerry and Patty turned their attention to Trey.

“Kevin and I are together as well.” said Trey.
“Oh my goodness, this certainly is a day of new beginnings.” said Patty.
“Well, shall we get off?” asked Justin.

The eight of them had a ten hour drive ahead of them. Justin had assumed ahead of time that it would be an awkward drive but it really wasn’t. Luke’s parents were really as accepting as Luke was going on about.
As they arrived, Patty and Jerry could not stop staring out at the enormous cabin in awe. They had never seen anything so beautiful in their lives.

“Oh my gosh, Justin. This place is really beautiful.” said Patty who was sitting next to Justin.

Justin was staring at Luke was sitting on the other side of him.

“Yeah, it really is beautiful.” said Justin.
“I think she meant the cabin, J.” said Luke.
“Oh, right. The cabin is beautiful too.” said Justin.

Kevin parked the car in the driveway and they all helped unpack the SUV that they were packed in.

“This is a really nice cabin, you guys. Thanks for inviting us.” said Jerry.
“Oh, it’s no problem. It’s always fun to have friends and family over here. It’s the perfect bonding place.” said Kevin.

They walked in and the Smiths marveled at the expensive décor.

“Follow me upstairs.” Justin said to Patty and Jerry. “I’ll show you your room.”

They followed him and as he was opening the door, they thought it best to ask him a question.

“Justin, where’s Luke’s room going to be?” asked Patty.
“Well, he’s going to be staying in my room which is the first room from the staircase on the left.” said Justin.
“He’s staying in your room?” asked Jerry, putting his suitcase on the bed.
“I hope that’s okay. It’s how we spent vacation the last time we were here.” said Justin.
“No, it’s okay. We just didn’t expect that.” said Patty.
“Well, I hope your room is good enough.”
“Its great.” said Jerry.
“Every room has its own bathroom so you won’t be interrupted or have to wait.” said Justin
“Thank you.” said Patty.
“I’ll let you get settled.” said Justin and he left.

Justin went downstairs and over to Luke.

“Did my parents like their room?” asked Luke
“Yeah, but, I got the feeling that they weren’t too comfortable with you and I sharing a room.” said Justin
“Well, we are only fifteen.” said Luke. “They’re probably not ready to deal with the fact that I’m having sex now.” said Luke.
“That’s weird.” said Justin.
“What?” asked Luke
“Talking about your parents and sex in the same conversation.” said Justin.

* * *

“So, now that we’re together, does that mean that we can stay in the same room?” asked Trey and he sat next to Kevin on the couch.
“If that’s what you want.” said Kevin
“Oh, I totally want that.” said Trey.

Kevin reached over and slowly and softly kissed Trey on the lips.

“I still can’t believe this is happening.” said Trey.
“What?” asked Kevin.
“I can’t believe that I actually have someone that I love.”
“I know. For so long, I was afraid to tell people how I really felt and then, when Justin came out, I admired him so much for being able to be who he is and not be afraid. Now, you and he have helped me so much to come to terms with who I am.” said Kevin.
“Well, I’m glad I could help.” said Trey.

* * *

The group of eight sat at the table for dinner. It was a pretty noisy event. Kevin and Trey were talking to each other. David and Ashley were fighting over the best piece of chicken and Justin, Luke, Patty, and Jerry were discussing the many things to do on the mountain.

“This is nice.” said Patty. “It was really nice of you to invite us.”
“You’re welcome here anytime. Even if you want to come up here just the two of you, just ask and I’ll hand over the keys.” said Justin.
“Oh wow, we might take you up on that.” said Jerry.
“David…Ashley, stop fighting. You’re making too much noise.” said Justin.

They immediately stopped fighting and Ashley gave David the piece of chicken that they were fighting over.

“It’s amazing wow well they listen to you.” said Patty. “You’re going to make a great father some day.”

Justin smiled a shy smile and went back to his food.

* * *

“So, guys, what did you think of Justin?” asked Luke as they arrived back home from their four day trip.
“I think that he’s really lovely, Luke. I’m glad you found someone as responsible as he is. You should take example from that.” said Patty.
“Dad?” asked Luke
“He’s a really good kid, Luke. I approve.” said Jerry.
“Thanks dad, it really means a lot you guys.” said Luke

* * *

Kevin, Justin, Ashley, and David had just settled into their hotel room when Kevin’s cell phone rang. It was the hospital.

“Mom woke up!” he hollered.

The four of them rushed to the hospital. As soon as she saw her children, Julie had a big smile on her face.

“Oh my boys and my little angel, I’m so glad to see you.” she said.
“We’re glad to see you mom.” said Justin.
“So what’s happened since I was gone?” asked Julie.

Justin looked up to Kevin.

“David…Ashley, why don’t you come with me into the lobby. We can get some snacks.” said Kevin.
“Okay” said David and Ashley.

Justin waited until they left.

“Justin, what’s going on?” asked Julie.
“Do you remember anything about before you went into a coma?” asked Justin
“I remember seeing a woman.” said Julie.
“She was a ghost. Her name was Rebecca Foster. She was the woman who lived in the house before us.”
“What does she have to do with anything?” asked Julie.
“There have been a few things that have happened since you slipped away. The ghost the put you in a coma, killed two people.”
“What?” asked Julie. “That doesn’t make any sense. Where’s Mark? He’ll make sense of all of this.”
“Mom, he was one of the people killed.”

Julie’s lip started to shake and her eyes began to flood.

“I-I don’t believe you.” said Julie
“Mom, it’s true.”
“I want to see Mark, now!!!” she shrieked.

She started to fuss and shake in her bed and the nurse came in to shoo Justin away and calm her down.
As Justin left the room, he could still hear her screaming for Mark. He went to the bottom floor and met his siblings in the lobby.

“How did she take it?” asked Kevin.
“Not to well. I think it’s best for us to come back another day, after it’s had time to sink in.” said Justin.
“Is mommy okay?” asked David.
“Yes Davie, mommy’s okay. She just needs some time to adjust to how different things are now. We can come back and see her later.”

The four siblings left the hospital and drove to what would be their new home for a while. They were to move out of their hotel and into the Smith household.
They discussed the living arrangements. They only had one extra room so David and Ashley would take that up. Kevin would sleep in Trey’s room and Justin in Luke’s. It was tough, although, to get Jerry and Patty used to the idea of Justin sleeping in Luke’s, even if he was going to have his own bed. Kevin would have his own bed in Trey’s room as well. All four of the kids would have their regular beds delivered from Worthington Manor.
Luke and Justin settled into their new room. After all of Justin’s things were unpack and Luke readjusted all of the items in his room, they sat on the edge of Justin’s bed.

“We’ve had some amazing nights on this bed.” said Luke
“I know. I can’t believe that this is really happening.” said Justin.
“I can’t wait for tonight.” said Luke, resting his head in the crook of Justin’s neck.
“Yeah, about that. Listen, I think that we should hold off on that for a while; just until your parents get used to you and me in the same room.” said Justin
“But Kevin and Trey will probably be doing the same thing.” said Luke
“That’s different. For one, they’re almost adults; two, Trey isn’t their son, you are.” said Justin.
“Oh, this isn’t fair. I finally get to be with the one that I love twenty-four/seven and I can’t even sleep in the same bed as him.”
“It’s just for a little while. We need to wait for your parents to get adjusted.”
“Shouldn’t they have adjusted while we were staying in the same bed at the cabin?” asked Luke
“It’s not something that’s going to be easy for them, Luke. Now, unless you want to go and confront them about it, therefore letting them know that you’re so-called sexually active, then go right ahead.”
“I think I might just do that. But you have to come with me.” said Luke

Luke wanted to be with Justin that bad. He hadn’t been ‘with’ him in a while. They didn’t do anything while they were at the cabin the second time because it was too soon after the ghosts incident. All they did at the cabin was sleep in the same bed.

“Whoa, okay. Let’s go.” said Justin.

Luke and Justin made their way downstairs and sat Luke’s parents down.

“There’s something that I would like to talk to you guys about.” said Luke
“What is it son?” asked Jerry.
“Well, as you know, Justin and I are in love.”
“Yes, we know that Honey.” said Patty.
“We’ve also made love and I just wanted you guys to know that Justin and I will most likely be sleeping in the same bed from now on.”
“Luke, I don’t know if I’m comfortable with that.” said Patty.
“I understand that and that’s why we’re here. We want to put all of our cards on the table so that way you are in no way surprised.”
“Son…”
Luke interrupted his dad. “We don’t plan on doing anything while anyone is awake. We might not even do anything at all. We just wanted to let you know that this is how it’s going to be.” said Luke.
“Well, there’s nothing we can do. We can’t stop you from sleeping in the same bed. You’re teenagers, of course you’re going to want to. I think it was very adult of you to come and let us know that that’s what would be going on.” said Jerry.
“Jerry, are you okay with this?” asked Patty in shock.
“Yes…yes I am. I respect the fact that they came to us instead of doing it behind our back. He didn’t have to come and let us know you know?”
“I guess you’re right.” said Patty.
“Thanks mom, thanks dad.”
“Thanks Jerry, Patty.” said Justin.

Justin and Luke went upstairs and into their room. As soon as they closed the door, they quickly turned into a lip lock, a desperate one at that. Justin had his hands on Luke’s hips. Luke had his hands on Justin’s face, his cheeks to be specific. After their kiss, their hands stayed in their same positions.

“I love you so much, Justin. I can’t describe it. It pours out of my veins and seeps through my pours.”
“Oh Luke, how did I get so lucky?”

* * *

Luke, Justin and Kevin went back to school two days later. When Noah saw the three of them, he ran up to them.

“Hey guys, I heard what happened at your house. Are you okay?” asked Noah.
“Yeah, sure. We’re okay. We can’t say the same for Craig or Justin and Kevin’s step father thought.” said Luke.
“What happened to them?” asked Noah.
“They’re…dead.”
“Holy shit! That’s crazy. I’m so sorry, you guys.” said Noah.
“Thanks.” said Justin.

Justin turned to Kevin.

“Can we go see mom after school?” asked Justin.
“Yeah, sure.”
“Luke, do you mind?” asked Justin
“No, not at all.”
“Well, I’ve got to go see Mr. Garcia. I have an appointment with him. I’ll see you later, okay.” said Justin.
“Okay.”

Justin gave Luke a small kiss on the lips and left. As he left, so did Kevin. Luke looked at Noah.

“What’s wrong, Noah?”
“I just…never mind.” said Noah
“Noah, was it the kiss?” asked Luke

Noah bobbed his head in a yes, slightly ashamed.

“It’s cool if you feel uncomfortable. You probably hadn’t had enough time to get used to the idea of me and Justin.” said Luke. “Hey! I heard that you and Laura started going out.”
“Yeah, just a few days ago.” said Noah.
“That’s great. Listen, about that kiss, if it makes you uncomfortable, Justin and I can tone it down when we all hang out.” said Luke.
“No, it’s okay. You’re my best friend. I need to get used to it. I’m just not there yet and it might take a while.”
“I really appreciate that. It’s been a rough couple of weeks and I might need a friend, you know, someone to talk to.” said Luke
“Well, you can always talk to me.” said Noah. “But listen, I have class right now. I should go.”
“Alright, see ya later.”

Luke patted Noah on the back and went on his way. He couldn’t help but think about how depressed Justin had been lately because of his mother.
After hearing of Mark’s death, Julie’s mind went sort of mad. She wasn’t able to take the new of his death well and ended up needing to be restrained to her bed and kept under heavy sedation. Without it, she would keep yelling Mark’s name and demanding to see him.

***After School***

After class let out, Luke spotted Laura and Jason at a table in the commons area and walked up to them.

“Hey, Luke, Noah told me what happened. I’m so sorry. You must have been scared shitless.” said Laura
“Yeah, but Justin was great. He got me through it.” said Luke.
“What’s up man?” asked Noah.
“Oh, I came to ask if you wouldn’t mind coming to the hospital with us. Justin and Kevin are going to be in their mother’s room and I don’t want to be alone in that hospital.” said Luke
“Oh, um…sure.” said Noah.
“Really, thanks a lot.”

* * *

Justin and Kevin walked into their mother’s hotel room. Luke and Noah waited in the hall. Luke peeked into the room and watched as Justin sat beside his sleeping mother. He saw tears flow down Justin’s face which made Luke tear up. He brought himself from the doorway back into the hall.

“Luke…what’s wrong?” Noah was really worried.

Luke had a worried face on that Noah had never seen before. It was definitely his worried face, but it was much, much worse. Noah saw pain in Luke’s face.

“Luke?” Noah called when Luke didn’t answer.
“I’m sorry.” Luke sniffled and wiped his tears. “I…I just don’t know what to do. I see Justin in so much pain and so much hurt and I don’t know what I can do to make it better.”
“You love him don’t you?” Noah sounded surprised.

Luke looked hesitant to answer the question.

“It’s okay, you can tell me if you are.” said Noah.
“Yes…I love him so much. And it hurts to see him like this knowing that I can’t do anything about it.” said Luke.

Luke started crying again and Noah did something he’d never done before. He hugged Luke. Luke saw the wet spot on Noah’s T-shirt caused by his tears.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” said Luke.
“No, it’s okay. They’re just tears.”

Luke and Noah’s embrace broke and Luke slid down the hallway wall and sat on the floor. Noah sat beside him.

“I didn’t know that you felt so strongly about him.” said Noah.
“I know that I haven’t been much of a friend to you lately, I’m sorry.”
“No, there’s been a lot going on. You don’t have to be sorry.”
“Thanks Noah, you’re such a good friend.”

A doctor walked by and walked into Julie’s hospital room. Luke got up and walked to the door. He wanted to hear what the doctor had to say to Justin and Kevin.

“Hello, Mr. Moore.” she was speaking to Kevin. “I’m here to inform you that we are planning on transferring your mother to Morehouse.”
“Isn’t that a nut house?” asked Justin.
“It is a Mental Institution. The staff at Morehouse will do their best to help your mother’s mental health.”
“Do we have a choice?” asked Kevin.
“I’m afraid not. Since there isn’t a family member over the age of eighteen here, we’re putting your mother there without her consent.” said the doctor. “It’s for her best interest.”
“Okay” Kevin sighed. “Thank you, Doctor Thompson.”

The doctor left.

“Are you just going to let them do that?” asked Justin. “You’re just going to let them put mom in the funny farm?”
“We don’t have a choice Justin. I’m not old enough to be able to make decisions for her.” said Kevin.
“I can’t believe this.”

Justin got mad and left. As soon as he left the room, he ran into Luke and Noah.

“Luke, I didn’t know that you were still out here.” said Justin
“Yeah, I was worried about you.” said Luke.

Justin looked over to Noah and then back to Luke.

“Did you hear what the doctor said?” asked Justin.
“Yeah, about Morehouse.” said Luke
“It sucks so bad. I don’t want her to go there. What if it makes her even worse?” asked Justin
“I don’t think that that will happen. Those places are supposed to help people.” said Luke.

Justin wanted to hug Luke, but he saw Noah’s face at school before when they kissed and didn’t know if he would feel comfortable with a hug.

“I’m going to go get a soda.” said Noah.

Once Noah left, Justin folded into Luke’s arms.

“It’s going to be okay, Justin. Your mom’s going to be okay.”
“Just hold me, Luke. I just want you to hold me.”

Luke felt Justin’s tears begin to flow onto his t-shirt. Just then, Kevin walked out.

“Are you guys ready?” he asked.

Justin came up from Luke’s hold, wiped his tears and looked at Kevin.

“Yeah,” said Justin.

Just then, Noah came back.

“Let’s go Noah. We’re leaving.” said Luke.

Kevin dropped Noah off at his house and then drove back to the Smith’s house.

“Hey boys, you’re home late. Where did you go?” asked Patty.
“We went to go see my mother.” said Justin.
“Oh, how is she doing?” asked Patty.
“They’re going to move her to a mental institute.” said Kevin.
“Oh, I’m so sorry.” said Patty.
“Yeah, listen, we’re just going to go upstairs.” said Luke.
“Okay, dinner will be ready in about and hour.” said Patty.

The three of them went upstairs and to their rooms.

“Hey, Kev how was school?” asked Trey as Kevin walked into their room.
“It was weird being back there after everything that happened, but I got through it.”

Trey saw Kevin’s speechless face.

“Is there something wrong?” asked Trey. “You look like something’s bothering you.”

Trey got up from his desk chair where he was on his laptop finishing his paper and sat next to Kevin on their loveseat.

“My mom’s doctor told me that they’re going to commit her to a mental institute.” said Kevin.
“I’m sorry. How are you doing?” asked Trey putting his arm around Kevin.
“I’m okay. I just wish that there was something I could do.” said Kevin. “You know, Justin and I were never really close as brothers, but seeing him so upset in that hospital room because of our mother, I just wished that I could do something for his sake so he wouldn’t suffer so much.”
“That’s natural. Luke has always been more of a brother to me than a cousin and I feel that way about him too.” said Trey.
“But you don’t understand. Justin…he’s really close to our mother. I could see all of the pain in his eyes and I couldn’t do a thing about it. Do you know how that feels?”
“No, I can’t even imagine. But, Luke will make him feel better.”
“But he’s my little brother. I’m nearly the only family he has left and I…”
“It’s okay. He’s going to be okay.”
“Thanks, Trey.”
“Hey, what are boyfriends for?”

Trey kissed Kevin’s forehead and Kevin nestled into the crook of Trey’s neck and wrapped his arm around Trey’s chest.

* * *

“So, how do you feel?” Luke asked Justin as they walked into their room and plopped themselves on Luke’s bed.
“Better, because you’re with me.” said Justin. “I just, I couldn’t handle thinking of my mother in some place full of crazy people knowing that she doesn’t belong there.”
“Well, the doctors wouldn’t have put her there if she didn’t belong there. She’ll be fine there and you can visit her as much as you can.” said Luke.
“No, I don’t want to see my mother like that anymore.”
“I’m sorry, Honey. I wish there was something I could do to make the pain go away.” said Luke.
“You already have. I’m just happy to have you, to be with you. I love you.” said Justin
“I love you too.” replied Luke.

Luke and Justin embraced tightly and put their foreheads together. They’d never been happier than in that moment, just holding each other. And it would only get better for them as life went on.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..