Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Worthington Manor - 9. Chapter 9

Hunter left the room and Justin put a new t-shirt on and then a light sweater. He met Hunter in the hallway and they headed downstairs.

“Mom, Hunter’s giving me a ride into town. I won’t be back for a while okay!” yelled Justin as he was grabbing his coat off the rack that was by the door.
“Okay Honey, have a good time!” yelled Julia from the kitchen table.

They walked out of the door.

“Come on Honey.” mocked Hunter
“Shut up.” said Justin as he playfully punched him on the shoulder.

Hunter laughed and got into the car as Justin did the same. The ride on the way to town was full of laughter and singing along with a really loud radio. Justin was having a blast with Hunter. As they reached the front of the diner, Hunter parked the car.

“Aww, I wish that we didn’t have to split up.” said Justin
“Then don’t go in. Come and have fun with me.” said Hunter
“I can’t just stand him up.”
“Then I’ll just go to the Starbucks around the corner and wait for you.” said Hunter
“Okay, I’ll walk there as soon as I’m through.” said Justin
“Okay”

Hunter leaned in for a kiss and they said goodbye. Justin walked into the diner and looked around for Luke who he spotted in a booth already waiting for him. He was alone, which a big surprise to Justin. Justin walked over to the booth and sat across from him.

“So, Hunter brought you?” asked Luke
“Yeah, he did. It really is an advantage to have a boyfriend that is able drive.” said Justin

Luke gave him a dirty look when he said that.

“Hey, what’s up with you? I know you have a problem with Hunter and me going out, but you’ve never acted like that towards me.” said Justin
“That wasn’t to you, it was disappointment, I guess, from knowing that you’re opting to the possibility of hurt.” said Luke
“Aww come on Luke, if that’s how you’re going to be about it then maybe we shouldn’t…”
“Shouldn’t what? I thought that we were friends.” said Luke
“We are but I’m getting the feeling that you’re a little jealous, Luke.” said Justin

Luke gave him a funny look.

“Yeah, I said jealous.”
“I-I have to go.” said Luke as he stormed out of the diner before Justin had the chance to stop him.

Justin ran outside to try and catch him, but he was long gone. Justin called out his name, but he was no where. Justin gave up and started walking towards the Starbucks. He walked in and sat in front of Hunter, but was still in a daze. Hunter started to wave his hand in from of Justin’s face.

“Babe. Babe!” yelled Hunter and Justin snapped out of it. “What happened?”
“I don’t know, I can’t really explain it.” said Justin
“Why not”
“It was like he was a totally different person. That wasn’t the Luke that I met.”
“Well, you’ll see him tomorrow at school. You can sort it out there.” said Hunter
“Yeah, can we go home?” asked Justin
“Don’t you wanna spend a little bit more time with me?”
“Yeah, I would love that, but I’m not really in the mood for that right now. Right now I just want to go home, relax and maybe watch a DVD.” said Justin
“Something you haven’t seen before?”
“What”
“There’s a video store across the way. We could rent something that you haven’t seen before.”
“No can we just leave.” said Justin.
“Are you okay?”
“Yeah, I’m fine. I just want to go home.”
“Sure, let’s go.” said Hunter softly.

Hunter softly grabbed Justin’s hand and led them out of the coffee house.

* * *

As they walked into the house, they found that nobody was around. They each hung their coats. Justin went into the big TV room and Hunter went to pick out a movie. He came back with not only a movie, but some popcorn. He sat next to Justin after popped the DVD in. He put his arm around Justin and Justin leaned in and rested his head on Hunter’s chest. Before the movie began, Justin had fallen asleep. Hunter noticed and closed his eyes as well, but not before kissing Justin on the top of his head.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..