Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Worthington Manor - 5. Chapter 5

Kevin left in anger and Hunter followed him with his eyes. Hunter suddenly felt really guilty about what he had done. He went to go see Justin in his room.

“What in the hell do you want?” asked Justin
“I want to apologize to you. I hadn’t realized how you felt about it until your brother came to my door.”
“Okay, you apologized. You can go now.”
“Wait; let me make it up to you.”
“How”
“Let me take you out.” said Hunter
“When”
“Tomorrow”
“It’s my birthday tomorrow”
“Perfect”
“I usually go to dinner with my family.”
“Well you’re having dinner with me this year.”
“Okay”
“That’s it, okay just like that. I was expecting a little bit more of a fight.”
“Oh would you rather me say no?” asked Justin
“No, no, no; I’ll take it. So, tomorrow at six meet me in the living room. Dress casual, we’re just going to a diner.”
“Let me guess, Mikey’s”
“So you know the place.”
“Yeah, I was there earlier today.” said Justin
“Well then you should know exactly how to dress.”

The next morning, things were as awkward as ever at the breakfast table. It was the Larabee’s and the Moore’s.

“So, the two maids are going to be here this afternoon. I want you and Kevin here to meet them.” said Mark
“Yes, I think that’s a good idea.” said Julie
“What do we need to meet the help for, no offense John and Hunter.” said Kevin
“Kevin Scott Moore, go to your room!”
“Fine, I’m not hungry anyway.”
“Can I go too?” asked Justin
“Yes, I guess” said Julie.

Justin was shirtless looking for a t-shirt to wear on his date with Hunter. Ugh, a date with Hunter. That boy simply defined scumbag. Although, he is cute and it was kind of sweet of him to apologize; maybe he wasn’t so bad after all. Justin was feeling quite split when it came to Hunter. He was incredibly attractive and obviously had a good side, but he was such an asshole to him. As he was looking through his closet, Hunter walked in. Just squirmed, embarrassed to still be shirtless.

“I’m not ready yet.”
“Boy, I do have to say that you are pretty hot.”
“Just wait for me in the living room.” said Justin
“What and miss you without your shirt on?” asked Hunter
“You’ve seen me without my shirt on Hunter, you’ve seen me naked.”
“You’re right so I don’t see what the big deal is.”
“There isn’t one”
“You’ve got a funny way of showing it.”

Justin grabbed a t-shirt and put it on.

“Okay, let’s go”
“Okay”

They got into Hunter’s car.

“How long have you had your license?” asked Justin
“Not long only a few months.” said Hunter.

The car ride to Mikey’s was silent. The whole way Justin was hoping that Luke and all of his friends wouldn’t be there. The last thing he needed was for everyone to think that this was a date. Then he thought about Mikey’s and how it was the only place for young people to hang out and then he was pretty much counting on them being there.
They got off the car and Justin shivered. Hunter noticed, took his coat off and put it around Justin. Justin smiled at him. Justin was used to cold Chicago weather so he figured that he didn’t need a coat, but it seemed to be colder in his new town. They walked in and he immediately spotted Luke and Jessica at the counter. Jessica turned around to see who walked in. She saw it was Justin a called out to him. Luke turned around and saw that he was with Hunter and his happiness to see Justin turned into a frown.

“So are you guys on a date or something?” asked Luke
“Kind of” said Justin
“Then we’ll leave you alone.” said Luke
“I think it’s sweet” said Jessica
“Was it too cold outside for you.” said Luke observing that he had Hunters coat wrapped around him.
“Oh yeah” Justin took off the coat and gave it back to Hunter. “Thanks”
“Anytime; let’s sit over here.” said Hunter pointing out an isolated table for two.

They sat and as they left, Luke followed them with his eyes.

“Is there something wrong?” asked Jessica

He snapped out of the trance he was in and brought his attention back to his girlfriend.

“No, why” said Luke
“You didn’t seem happy that Justin found a date.”
“It’s nothing”
“You’re the last person I thought would be homophobic. You’re so close to your cousin Trey.”
“I’m not homophobic”
“Then why do you look so mad?”
“Drop it okay!” yelled Luke as he left to the outside of the diner.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..