Jump to content
    Doug Spencer
  • Author
  • 5,748 Words
  • 671 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

JC - 7. Chapter 7

Note: All sexually involved characters in this story are Eighteen years of age or older. There will be descriptions of gay sexual activity in this chapter and a lot of male nudity!

Chapter 7 picks up with the boys awakening to a rainy Monday morning and the pitfalls of camping out in the rain. On Tuesday they will receive an unwelcome and unwanted visitor and Wednesday, July Fourth will be packing up and returning to a life of ‘normalcy.’

* * * * *

JC 7 – A gay love story by Doug Spencer

About 7:30 on Monday morning JC and Benny both woke up with morning wood and a serious need to empty their bladders.

“CRAP!” Benny exclaimed, “I gotta pee, and it’s still raining!”

“Me too,” JC stated, “I needed to pee about an hour ago, but I decided to try and wait a while. I’m about to spring a leak!”

“Let’s brave it Baby,” Benny said, snickering, “I think I’d rather get rained on than peed on!” The two boys crawled out of the sleeping bag and walked under the canopy.

“Look, Benny,” JC stated, “there’s a stream of water running off the tent only about three feet out from us. We can pee into that stream and the rainwater will carry it away.” Logic prevailed and the boys quickly made golden arches, most of the pee going into the stream.

Chance and Diego came out of the tent, also needing relief. Seeing where the younger boys were peeing, they followed suit, after the boys were done.

“I’m glad we only needed to pee,” Diego stated, “I wouldn’t want to try to poop that close to the campsite.”

“True that,” Chance replied, “I think it’s raining too hard to try to cook breakfast in the rain, maybe this is a good morning for cold cereal. The problem is that the milk is in the cooler on the table, and it’s out there in the rain.”

“Come on, Benny,” JC said, “We can grab the cooler and bring it into the tent.” The younger boys braved the drizzle and retrieved the cooler and Chance handed them a towel to dry themselves. They didn’t dry themselves, but dried each other, which is more enjoyable and gives an opportunity to touch each other without being too conspicuous, not that Chance or Diego would care.

Diego got out paper bowls and plastic spoons and Chance pulled the boxes of cereal out of a bag and they all sat around, Indian style and ate breakfast. Sadly missing was the coffee, as they needed the camp stove to make it.

Not too long after eating both Chance and Diego had a need to go into the woods. Chance slipped a roll of TP into a plastic bag to keep it dry, and they braved the rain and headed out to the woods, leaving JC and Benny in the tent.

While the older boys were gone, JC and Benny decided to enjoy some oral sex, and gave each other blowjobs. Benny got JC off, and just as JC was getting Benny off, Chance and Diego returned and caught them in the act. The older boys just laughed and neither of them made a comment. Boys will be boys and young studs like Benny and JC are almost always hot to trot. Chance and Diego are both well aware of raging teenage hormones.

As none of them had worn any clothing since getting camp set up, Chance and Diego had seen both of the younger boys sporting frequent boners that just can’t be hidden when you’re naked! JC and Benny were both quick to cuff one another’s stiff pecker in fun if they don’t just wrap a hand around it and give it a tender and loving squeeze.

Approaching lunchtime the rain was still falling. Benny and JC had brought the cooler into the tent before breakfast, so Chance and Diego ventured into the rain and brought the table under the canopy so that the camp stove could be used to fix lunch. Keeping things simple, Chance poured a little bottled water into a pan and opened a package of eight hot dogs, placing them in the water, then covered the pan to steam them. Diego helped by chopping up an onion and bringing the condiments out of the cooler, and retrieving the pack of Hot Dog Buns from the tent.

Benny and JC brought the rain-soaked chairs under the canopy. Since they were all naked, sitting a somewhat wet body on a wet chair was not an issue. Chance used the tongs to place the hot dogs into the buns, placing two on each of four paper plates. They all fixed up their hot dogs to their desire and dug in. The biggest thing missing was some of Anna’s potato salad, but alas, it had all been eaten.

Shortly after the boys ate their hotdogs, the rain subsided to just a sprinkle and the clouds started to clear. The younger boys now both had a pressing need. JC grabbed the bag containing the TP and he and Benny headed into the woods to take care of it, ignoring the still lightly sprinkling rain.

Just as Benny and JC returned to the campsite, the sun started to break through the clouds, to all of the boys’ delight. The boys all moved the chairs into the sunlight, and settled into them. Just a few minutes later, Chance heard Brian’s jeep approaching them.

“Oh, shit!” Chance exclaimed, “Brian’s coming, we need to get dressed!” The four boys scrambled into the tent, and quickly pulled on shorts, not wishing for Brian to catch them all in their naked glory. Brian parked next to the Pilot, exited the jeep and walked towards their campsite.

“Is anything wrong, Brian?” Chance asked.

“I hope not,” Brian replied, smiling, “I was thinking about you guys up here, and I was wondering how you all survived the storm last night?”

“Luckily, we set the tent up on that knoll, and had it well secured,” Chance replied, “The tent held up well, and didn’t leak, and we all stayed dry and warm in our sleeping bags. It was a bit scary during the worst of the storm, but then the patter of the rain falling on the roof of the tent was like a lullaby and we all fell asleep.”

Brian, grinning, “My wife and I was just concerned, and I’m happy to know that you all survived OK. I hope that you are all enjoying your outing.”

“Thank you Brian,” JC stated, “this is Benny’s and my first time to camp out, and we’ve been having a blast!” Brian smiled.

“Well guys,” Brian said, “I’m glad you’re having a good time. I’ll get out of your hair, and let you be. Don’t forget to stop by the house when you leave, and you’re welcome to camp out here again, if you desire.”

“Goodbye, Brian,” Chance replied, “and thanks for checking up on us.” Brian returned to the jeep and left. It was comforting to know that Brian was willing to take the time to check up on them. After Brian left, it only took a couple of minutes before the boys all returned to their former state of nudity.

About 4:00 PM they returned the table to it’s original place. Chance fired up the camp stove, placing the oven on top, and placed the last four baking potatoes in it. While the potatoes were baking, Diego prepared another bowl of tossed salad, and Chance retrieved charcoal from the tent and fired up the charcoal grill. Charbroiled steaks are on the menu for tonight.

While Chance and Diego were preparing dinner, JC and Benny took a naked hike in the woods. Coming across the clearing where they had enjoyed a nap (and some sex) on the ‘bed’ that Mother Nature had prepared they wanted to do it again, but realizing that the ‘bed’ was soaking wet from the rain, decided against it. They still got sprinkled on from the rainwater that was dripping off the leaves of the trees.

By 5:00 PM the potatoes were nearly done, and the charcoal was perfect for grilling the steaks. Chance got the steaks from the cooler and placed them on the grill, and sprinkled some seasoning on them.

About 5:15 JC and Benny returned, the aroma of the grilling steaks causing them both to become suddenly starved!

“How much longer before dinner?” JC inquired.

“Your timing is pretty good,” Chance replied, “maybe about ten minutes.” Benny and JC both smiled. Chance dug into the bag that contained the utensils and retrieved the steak knives, glad that he’d thought to bring them. Plastic silverware might be fine for most of their meals, but he felt that plastic knives wouldn’t work very well on steaks.

Chance grabbed two plates and placed the potatoes on the top one, setting them on the table. He always strives to grill steaks to a point of medium, still quite pink on the inside, as well done makes them dry and tough, and less flavorful.

“OKAY GUYS!” Chance hollered, “Dinner is ready.” The boys quickly appeared, and Chance placed the steaks on plates and handed them to all three boys, and the last one for himself. All of them sitting down, Diego filled four bowls with salad, and everyone grabbed a potato and removed the foil. The steaks were grilled to perfection, hopefully a deep pink on the inside.

Benny, cutting into his steak, “My steak is still raw.”

“Let me see Benny,” Chance said, and Benny turned his plate so Chance could see it. “That’s not raw, it’s perfect, and medium.”

“I’ve always eaten my steak well done,” Benny said.

“Well done makes it tough, dry and poor flavored,” Chance replied, “Benny, take a bite and try it. I think you’ll find it juicy, tender and tasty.” Benny gingerly took a bite in his mouth.”

Smiling, “You’re right, Chance, it’s absolutely delicious! I’ve just never tried steak that wasn’t well done. As with the chicken the day before, they all put butter and sour cream on the baked potatoes except for Benny, who chose to have only the butter, and salt and pepper on his. Finishing dinner, the dirty plates, bowls and plastic flatware got dumped into the trash bag taped on the end of the table, which was getting full between the paper plates and bowls and empty water bottles.

“Are we going to have a campfire tonight and toast marshmallows?” JC asked.

“I don’t think so,” Chance answered, “the dry material we’d need for a campfire is all wet, and it won’t burn if it’s wet. Maybe we can have a campfire tomorrow night.” Both JC and Benny showed an expression of disappointment on their faces.

Once again, JC and Benny volunteered to wash up the few dishes, to the appreciation of Chance and Diego. After drying the utensils and dumping out the dirty dishwater, they drew another pot of water out of the jug and placed it on the camp stove to heat. Benny returned the dishwashing pans to the tent and returned with the black dishpan.

When the water was heated, Benny dumped it into the black dishpan, and added some cool water to bring the temperature down to warm. JC retrieved a washcloth and towel from the tent and the two boys proceeded to take a ‘Ho Bath’ sharing the same washcloth and water. They both washed their faces, and upper bodies, washing the perspiration from their underarms, as both were beginning to stink.

Diego and Chance glanced at each other and both grinned, while observing the two younger boys happily and carefully washing each other’s genitals. They guessed that neither of them wished to put something dirty into their mouths. Once finished, they shared a towel and dried each other, and then Benny carried the dishpan to the edge of the campsite and dumped the water out of it.

“Benny,” Chance stated, “just leave that dishpan on the table, I think that Diego and I are overdue for a bath too.” A few minutes later, Diego heated some water, and he and Chance also took Ho Baths, also sharing the same washcloth and water. The one thing they did differently was to wash their own genitals, rather than to wash each other’s. One thing was for certain, four boys would be crawling into sleeping bags that night without any offending odors.

Early Tuesday morning Chance and Diego were awakened due to a ruckus outside of the tent. They both sprung out of the sleeping bag and stepped to the doorway shocked at what they saw.

“HOLY FUCK!” Diego exclaimed, “It’s an oso!”

“Oso baby?” Chance questioned, it’s a bear! What should we do?”

“Sorry, I didn’t know the English word,” Diego said, “In Spanish, it’s an Oso. He’s bigger than us and could kill us. Maybe if we stay quiet he’ll go away.” The two men stayed still and watched from the doorway of the tent. The bear seemed to be interested in the trash bag at the end of the table, and ripped it, scattering the contents around, evidently looking for food. He ate half of a potato that Benny hadn’t eaten then looked toward the tent, where Diego and Chance were standing, both of them scared shitless.

Chance walked over and quietly tried to awaken the younger boys, and told them to be quiet, but that we had company. The boys crawled out of the sleeping bag and got vertical.

“So who is here?” JC queried.

“Take a look,” Chance replied, “but be quiet, we don’t want to attract his attention.” JC and Benny both looked out the doorway of the tent and JC gasped. “We’re hoping he leaves soon.”

“He may be big,” Benny said, just above a whisper, “but there is power in numbers. There’s four of us, and I’m betting that if we all walk toward him, he will leave. He might be more scared of us than we are him.” The boys got their courage up and Benny unzipped the doorway of the tent and led the way, startling the animal.

The bear, seeing the four brave men approaching him, quickly turned his back to the boys and ambled off.

“Benny,” Chance remarked, “You’re a genius! I never would have believed that we could scare him off that easily.” Chance gave Benny a warm hug. They were all up and wide-awake a little earlier than usual, so Chance started a pot of coffee brewing.

“I need to ask you guys a big favor,” Chance stated, “Can we ask you two, JC and Benny, to take a new trash bag and pick up all the trash that bear scattered? We don’t want to leave it on Brian’s land when we leave, and besides, it’ll draw flies.”

“Not a problem,” Benny said, “we’ll get right on it, JC, go get a new trash bag, please.” JC went to the tent and got a new bag, and the boys quickly started the chore, and finished within ten minutes. Chance controlled the spigot on the water jug so the boys could wash their hands and washed his own as well, planning to cook up breakfast soon.

Coffee now done, Diego poured four paper cups of coffee, and they all enjoyed coffee together.

“We’ve only got enough eggs for one more breakfast,” Chance stated, “but we’ve still got today and tomorrow morning to eat. How would you guys feel about sausage gravy on biscuits this morning?”

“That sounds good,” Diego said, “and it would be a nice change.” The younger boys agreed. Chance had kinda planned on that for one morning and had packed about a half a cup of flour in a zip-lock bag to use for thickening. There was just about enough milk left in the jug to make it.

Retrieving the roll of sausage from the cooler Chance noticed the cooler was nearly void of food. The only meat left was some beef patties, and a small amount of bacon. They were down to 2 rolls of biscuits, and needed one for breakfast today. The lunch meat was gone and there was still some of Diego’s taco meat left, so maybe taco’s might be an option for lunch today. Looks like dinner tonight will be cheeseburgers.

Today is the last full day of their camping trip, and after breakfast tomorrow they’ll be breaking down camp and getting ready to return to Socorro.

During breakfast Chance mentioned that they needed to gather some more burnable materials from the woods so they could have a campfire this last night, and toast that last bag of marshmallows.

“When we go into the woods for our hike today,” JC stated, “we’ll bring back what we can carry.”

“So will Diego and I,” Chance added. Benny and JC were both a little sad, having had such a great time over the last few days and knowing that this was the last full day of their adventure.

To be continued...........

* * * * *

So ends another chapter in the lives and loves of our Texas boys. Chapter 8 picks up with their return home and a return to daily life. Chance and Diego will be treating the boys to a surprise adventure that will please both of them—a lot! Wait for it.

 

 

 

Note: All sexually involved characters in this story are Eighteen years of age or older. There will be descriptions of gay sexual activity in this chapter and a lot of male nudity!

Chapter 7 picks up with the boys awakening to a rainy Monday morning and the pitfalls of camping out in the rain. On Tuesday they will receive an unwelcome and unwanted visitor and Wednesday, July Fourth will be packing up and returning to a life of ‘normalcy.’

* * * * *

JC 7 – A gay love story by Doug Spencer

About 7:30 on Monday morning JC and Benny both woke up with morning wood and a serious need to empty their bladders.

“CRAP!” Benny exclaimed, “I gotta pee, and it’s still raining!”

“Me too,” JC stated, “I needed to pee about an hour ago, but I decided to try and wait a while. I’m about to spring a leak!”

“Let’s brave it Baby,” Benny said, snickering, “I think I’d rather get rained on than peed on!” The two boys crawled out of the sleeping bag and walked under the canopy.

“Look, Benny,” JC stated, “there’s a stream of water running off the tent only about three feet out from us. We can pee into that stream and the rainwater will carry it away.” Logic prevailed and the boys quickly made golden arches, most of the pee going into the stream.

Chance and Diego came out of the tent, also needing relief. Seeing where the younger boys were peeing, they followed suit, after the boys were done.

“I’m glad we only needed to pee,” Diego stated, “I wouldn’t want to try to poop that close to the campsite.”

“True that,” Chance replied, “I think it’s raining too hard to try to cook breakfast in the rain, maybe this is a good morning for cold cereal. The problem is that the milk is in the cooler on the table, and it’s out there in the rain.”

“Come on, Benny,” JC said, “We can grab the cooler and bring it into the tent.” The younger boys braved the drizzle and retrieved the cooler and Chance handed them a towel to dry themselves. They didn’t dry themselves, but dried each other, which is more enjoyable and gives an opportunity to touch each other without being too conspicuous, not that Chance or Diego would care.

Diego got out paper bowls and plastic spoons and Chance pulled the boxes of cereal out of a bag and they all sat around, Indian style and ate breakfast. Sadly missing was the coffee, as they needed the camp stove to make it.

Not too long after eating both Chance and Diego had a need to go into the woods. Chance slipped a roll of TP into a plastic bag to keep it dry, and they braved the rain and headed out to the woods, leaving JC and Benny in the tent.

While the older boys were gone, JC and Benny decided to enjoy some oral sex, and gave each other blowjobs. Benny got JC off, and just as JC was getting Benny off, Chance and Diego returned and caught them in the act. The older boys just laughed and neither of them made a comment. Boys will be boys and young studs like Benny and JC are almost always hot to trot. Chance and Diego are both well aware of raging teenage hormones.

As none of them had worn any clothing since getting camp set up, Chance and Diego had seen both of the younger boys sporting frequent boners that just can’t be hidden when you’re naked! JC and Benny were both quick to cuff one another’s stiff pecker in fun if they don’t just wrap a hand around it and give it a tender and loving squeeze.

Approaching lunchtime the rain was still falling. Benny and JC had brought the cooler into the tent before breakfast, so Chance and Diego ventured into the rain and brought the table under the canopy so that the camp stove could be used to fix lunch. Keeping things simple, Chance poured a little bottled water into a pan and opened a package of eight hot dogs, placing them in the water, then covered the pan to steam them. Diego helped by chopping up an onion and bringing the condiments out of the cooler, and retrieving the pack of Hot Dog Buns from the tent.

Benny and JC brought the rain-soaked chairs under the canopy. Since they were all naked, sitting a somewhat wet body on a wet chair was not an issue. Chance used the tongs to place the hot dogs into the buns, placing two on each of four paper plates. They all fixed up their hot dogs to their desire and dug in. The biggest thing missing was some of Anna’s potato salad, but alas, it had all been eaten.

Shortly after the boys ate their hotdogs, the rain subsided to just a sprinkle and the clouds started to clear. The younger boys now both had a pressing need. JC grabbed the bag containing the TP and he and Benny headed into the woods to take care of it, ignoring the still lightly sprinkling rain.

Just as Benny and JC returned to the campsite, the sun started to break through the clouds, to all of the boys’ delight. The boys all moved the chairs into the sunlight, and settled into them. Just a few minutes later, Chance heard Brian’s jeep approaching them.

“Oh, shit!” Chance exclaimed, “Brian’s coming, we need to get dressed!” The four boys scrambled into the tent, and quickly pulled on shorts, not wishing for Brian to catch them all in their naked glory. Brian parked next to the Pilot, exited the jeep and walked towards their campsite.

“Is anything wrong, Brian?” Chance asked.

“I hope not,” Brian replied, smiling, “I was thinking about you guys up here, and I was wondering how you all survived the storm last night?”

“Luckily, we set the tent up on that knoll, and had it well secured,” Chance replied, “The tent held up well, and didn’t leak, and we all stayed dry and warm in our sleeping bags. It was a bit scary during the worst of the storm, but then the patter of the rain falling on the roof of the tent was like a lullaby and we all fell asleep.”

Brian, grinning, “My wife and I was just concerned, and I’m happy to know that you all survived OK. I hope that you are all enjoying your outing.”

“Thank you Brian,” JC stated, “this is Benny’s and my first time to camp out, and we’ve been having a blast!” Brian smiled.

“Well guys,” Brian said, “I’m glad you’re having a good time. I’ll get out of your hair, and let you be. Don’t forget to stop by the house when you leave, and you’re welcome to camp out here again, if you desire.”

“Goodbye, Brian,” Chance replied, “and thanks for checking up on us.” Brian returned to the jeep and left. It was comforting to know that Brian was willing to take the time to check up on them. After Brian left, it only took a couple of minutes before the boys all returned to their former state of nudity.

About 4:00 PM they returned the table to it’s original place. Chance fired up the camp stove, placing the oven on top, and placed the last four baking potatoes in it. While the potatoes were baking, Diego prepared another bowl of tossed salad, and Chance retrieved charcoal from the tent and fired up the charcoal grill. Charbroiled steaks are on the menu for tonight.

While Chance and Diego were preparing dinner, JC and Benny took a naked hike in the woods. Coming across the clearing where they had enjoyed a nap (and some sex) on the ‘bed’ that Mother Nature had prepared they wanted to do it again, but realizing that the ‘bed’ was soaking wet from the rain, decided against it. They still got sprinkled on from the rainwater that was dripping off the leaves of the trees.

By 5:00 PM the potatoes were nearly done, and the charcoal was perfect for grilling the steaks. Chance got the steaks from the cooler and placed them on the grill, and sprinkled some seasoning on them.

About 5:15 JC and Benny returned, the aroma of the grilling steaks causing them both to become suddenly starved!

“How much longer before dinner?” JC inquired.

“Your timing is pretty good,” Chance replied, “maybe about ten minutes.” Benny and JC both smiled. Chance dug into the bag that contained the utensils and retrieved the steak knives, glad that he’d thought to bring them. Plastic silverware might be fine for most of their meals, but he felt that plastic knives wouldn’t work very well on steaks.

Chance grabbed two plates and placed the potatoes on the top one, setting them on the table. He always strives to grill steaks to a point of medium, still quite pink on the inside, as well done makes them dry and tough, and less flavorful.

“OKAY GUYS!” Chance hollered, “Dinner is ready.” The boys quickly appeared, and Chance placed the steaks on plates and handed them to all three boys, and the last one for himself. All of them sitting down, Diego filled four bowls with salad, and everyone grabbed a potato and removed the foil. The steaks were grilled to perfection, hopefully a deep pink on the inside.

Benny, cutting into his steak, “My steak is still raw.”

“Let me see Benny,” Chance said, and Benny turned his plate so Chance could see it. “That’s not raw, it’s perfect, and medium.”

“I’ve always eaten my steak well done,” Benny said.

“Well done makes it tough, dry and poor flavored,” Chance replied, “Benny, take a bite and try it. I think you’ll find it juicy, tender and tasty.” Benny gingerly took a bite in his mouth.”

Smiling, “You’re right, Chance, it’s absolutely delicious! I’ve just never tried steak that wasn’t well done. As with the chicken the day before, they all put butter and sour cream on the baked potatoes except for Benny, who chose to have only the butter, and salt and pepper on his. Finishing dinner, the dirty plates, bowls and plastic flatware got dumped into the trash bag taped on the end of the table, which was getting full between the paper plates and bowls and empty water bottles.

“Are we going to have a campfire tonight and toast marshmallows?” JC asked.

“I don’t think so,” Chance answered, “the dry material we’d need for a campfire is all wet, and it won’t burn if it’s wet. Maybe we can have a campfire tomorrow night.” Both JC and Benny showed an expression of disappointment on their faces.

Once again, JC and Benny volunteered to wash up the few dishes, to the appreciation of Chance and Diego. After drying the utensils and dumping out the dirty dishwater, they drew another pot of water out of the jug and placed it on the camp stove to heat. Benny returned the dishwashing pans to the tent and returned with the black dishpan.

When the water was heated, Benny dumped it into the black dishpan, and added some cool water to bring the temperature down to warm. JC retrieved a washcloth and towel from the tent and the two boys proceeded to take a ‘Ho Bath’ sharing the same washcloth and water. They both washed their faces, and upper bodies, washing the perspiration from their underarms, as both were beginning to stink.

Diego and Chance glanced at each other and both grinned, while observing the two younger boys happily and carefully washing each other’s genitals. They guessed that neither of them wished to put something dirty into their mouths. Once finished, they shared a towel and dried each other, and then Benny carried the dishpan to the edge of the campsite and dumped the water out of it.

“Benny,” Chance stated, “just leave that dishpan on the table, I think that Diego and I are overdue for a bath too.” A few minutes later, Diego heated some water, and he and Chance also took Ho Baths, also sharing the same washcloth and water. The one thing they did differently was to wash their own genitals, rather than to wash each other’s. One thing was for certain, four boys would be crawling into sleeping bags that night without any offending odors.

Early Tuesday morning Chance and Diego were awakened due to a ruckus outside of the tent. They both sprung out of the sleeping bag and stepped to the doorway shocked at what they saw.

“HOLY FUCK!” Diego exclaimed, “It’s an oso!”

“Oso baby?” Chance questioned, it’s a bear! What should we do?”

“Sorry, I didn’t know the English word,” Diego said, “In Spanish, it’s an Oso. He’s bigger than us and could kill us. Maybe if we stay quiet he’ll go away.” The two men stayed still and watched from the doorway of the tent. The bear seemed to be interested in the trash bag at the end of the table, and ripped it, scattering the contents around, evidently looking for food. He ate half of a potato that Benny hadn’t eaten then looked toward the tent, where Diego and Chance were standing, both of them scared shitless.

Chance walked over and quietly tried to awaken the younger boys, and told them to be quiet, but that we had company. The boys crawled out of the sleeping bag and got vertical.

“So who is here?” JC queried.

“Take a look,” Chance replied, “but be quiet, we don’t want to attract his attention.” JC and Benny both looked out the doorway of the tent and JC gasped. “We’re hoping he leaves soon.”

“He may be big,” Benny said, just above a whisper, “but there is power in numbers. There’s four of us, and I’m betting that if we all walk toward him, he will leave. He might be more scared of us than we are him.” The boys got their courage up and Benny unzipped the doorway of the tent and led the way, startling the animal.

The bear, seeing the four brave men approaching him, quickly turned his back to the boys and ambled off.

“Benny,” Chance remarked, “You’re a genius! I never would have believed that we could scare him off that easily.” Chance gave Benny a warm hug. They were all up and wide-awake a little earlier than usual, so Chance started a pot of coffee brewing.

“I need to ask you guys a big favor,” Chance stated, “Can we ask you two, JC and Benny, to take a new trash bag and pick up all the trash that bear scattered? We don’t want to leave it on Brian’s land when we leave, and besides, it’ll draw flies.”

“Not a problem,” Benny said, “we’ll get right on it, JC, go get a new trash bag, please.” JC went to the tent and got a new bag, and the boys quickly started the chore, and finished within ten minutes. Chance controlled the spigot on the water jug so the boys could wash their hands and washed his own as well, planning to cook up breakfast soon.

Coffee now done, Diego poured four paper cups of coffee, and they all enjoyed coffee together.

“We’ve only got enough eggs for one more breakfast,” Chance stated, “but we’ve still got today and tomorrow morning to eat. How would you guys feel about sausage gravy on biscuits this morning?”

“That sounds good,” Diego said, “and it would be a nice change.” The younger boys agreed. Chance had kinda planned on that for one morning and had packed about a half a cup of flour in a zip-lock bag to use for thickening. There was just about enough milk left in the jug to make it.

Retrieving the roll of sausage from the cooler Chance noticed the cooler was nearly void of food. The only meat left was some beef patties, and a small amount of bacon. They were down to 2 rolls of biscuits, and needed one for breakfast today. The lunch meat was gone and there was still some of Diego’s taco meat left, so maybe taco’s might be an option for lunch today. Looks like dinner tonight will be cheeseburgers.

Today is the last full day of their camping trip, and after breakfast tomorrow they’ll be breaking down camp and getting ready to return to Socorro.

During breakfast Chance mentioned that they needed to gather some more burnable materials from the woods so they could have a campfire this last night, and toast that last bag of marshmallows.

“When we go into the woods for our hike today,” JC stated, “we’ll bring back what we can carry.”

“So will Diego and I,” Chance added. Benny and JC were both a little sad, having had such a great time over the last few days and knowing that this was the last full day of their adventure.

To be continued...........

* * * * *

So ends another chapter in the lives and loves of our Texas boys.

Chapter 8 picks up with their return home and a return to daily life. Chance and Diego will be treating the boys to a surprise adventure that will please both of them—a lot! Wait for it.
As always, we authors 💓 comments! Thank you, guys, for reading my stories, and please don't be stingy with the comments. I 💓 you guys, you readers are the reason we write.
Doug
Copyright © 2019 Doug Spencer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..