Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Shadow of my Father - 10. Chapter 10

(SERGIO JIMENEZ POINT OF VIEW)

I can’t believe I am in this spot. I know I put myself into this with my drinking. I knew one day it was going to catch up with me. I truly hope this isn’t the day it does. I want one more chance to prove I can be a good father to my son.

I lost my wife while she gave birth to my son. I have always blamed Chris for the loss of his mother. I know it isn’t his fault, but I needed to blame someone. Chris was easy to be the scapegoat on this. Not even my wife’s family visits Chris. They also believe their daughter would be alive if it wasn’t for Chris.

To top it all off, Chris coming to me and telling me he is gay. I couldn’t handle that. I look at this kid thinking the only way my wife will live on, would be in our grandchildren. We will not even have that now.

I still believe if I have one more chance with Chris. I can change him to be a man of men. This love for men; I can knock it out of him. That way he could settle down with a wife and have the grandchildren I want. I believe being gay is choice, and Chris made the wrong choice.

As I look around the courtroom and I noticed several people sitting there. I am still waiting for my attorney to arrive hoping he made a good deal with the court for me. He knows I need to walk out of here a free man. I mean nothing even on paper, in order for me to get Chris back.

I got pulled out of thought when the judge brought the court into session. Still my attorney isn’t anywhere to be seen. Now I am getting really nervous about this.

Normally when you don’t get a visit from your attorney days leading up to your court date or your attorney showing up late there is a problem and that means it isn’t good for me.

One by one the others that came down with me went in front of the judge. This judge and District Attorney don’t seem to be in a good mood. They are throwing the book at everyone before the bench today.

I turned to look at the door as it opened. I am able to breathe now. My attorney just walked in. He walked over to the desk of the District Attorney to talk with her for a few minutes and grabbed what I think is my file from the box on the desk.

While looking in the file he walked towards me. He stopped right in front of me and looked up with a smile on his face.

“Mr. Jimenez how are you doing this morning sir?”

“I will be fine if the smile on your face means I am going to go home today!”

“Mr. Jimenez, it took some doing but I did what you needed me to do. I know the judge well. We went to law school together and still golf together. I pulled in a favor from him. Now let me say this from the beginning. You will not get anything better than this. Trust me on that!”

“Just tell me what they are willing to do!”

“Mr. Jimenez I got them to drop all charges against you under one condition though!”

“That condition is?”

“You have to complete a hundred and sixty hours of angrier management classes and a hundred and sixty hours of parenting classes. All these must be completed before you can even go to court to get your son back.”

“Wait a minute I can’t have anything on paper in order to get my son back.”

“Your charges are dropped if you sign onto this. The parenting and angrier management classes don’t show up on your record. Private employers can request this kind of stuff from their employees. Also the military does it with their troops sometimes.

Mr. Jimenez this is the best you are ever going to get. You will have a clean record, I mean completely clean with nothing pending at all. You will be able to go in front of the judge that is dealing with the custody of your son within four months to get him back.”

“I thought if I walk out of here I would automatically get Chris back. All I have to do is go and pick him up.”

“No Mr. Jimenez you got that wrong. The judge that heard the case dealing with the custody of your son made it clear he wanted you in front of him if you get out of here with a clean record.”

“No, he never said that in court that day.”

“It is written in the documents you signed that day in court.”

I thought back to the documents. I really never read them in their entirety. So my attorney has to be right on this. Other than that he wouldn’t be pushing me to do this deal. He knows how much I want my son back. I will do anything to get that done.

“Ok as long as this deal allows me to go back in front of the judge and get my son back without a fight when I finish these classes.”

“It does just that Mr. Jimenez. I will not lead you wrong. Simply put, you are my client and I have to do what you ask of me to do. You are going home today.”

With that my attorney walked over to the District Attorney. A few minutes later I got called to go in front of the judge. I got up with the chains around my ankle to walk in front of the judge. My attorney stood to my right and the District Attorney stood to my left as the three of us stood in front of the judge.

“Ok I understand we have reached a plea bargain in this matter. Is that correct?”

The judge looked up at the attorneys. Both of them said yes.

“I have no problem with the plea that has been reached in this matter. The only thing I want to add to this plea is that Mr. Jimenez stays away from his son Christopher Jimenez until the court rules in his favor. Does Mr. Jimenez have any problem with that?”

I looked at the judge and than my attorney. He shook his head no for me to answer in the negative to the judge.

“No your honor I have no problem staying away from my son until the court rules in my favor to give him back to me.”

“Than that is fine with this court. If you do go near your son, you will be breaking the agreement that you are making with this court. If you do that, the District Attorney will re-file the charges against you. Let me warn you, if that happens Mr. Jimenez, I will throw the book at you.”

That ended the lecture from the judge. He went through the legal mumble jumble that he needed to go through. You know that I wasn’t being forced to take this deal. I am in my right mind to take it. That stuff he is going over.

The minute I signed my papers, we got pulled out of court. I found out as we walked down the long tunnel to the cells that I will be getting out of County late in this evening. I will be getting out today is all I cared about.

I started to think about what I am going to do when I get out of here. In about four months I will have my son back. Once I get Chris back, I plan to move away from this town. Away from those who know our history. That way I can do what I need to do to straighten out the thinking of my son.

(ERIC’S POINT OF VIEW)

All week long Elizabeth has been following me, calling me, just been on my case about what is going on with Josh and me. I had enough of everyone thinking I am the ass about this whole thing. If only they knew what I am angry about.

The talk Bernice and I had, or should I say Bernice talking down to me, I understood what she told me. But she doesn’t understand where I am sitting right now. I am tired of all this bull that I need to be here for Josh. If he needed me so bad, why didn’t he just tell me what he was feeling about other guys and girls? We are supposed to be best friends; like brothers.

Elizabeth is being her normal self; just a plane bitch. I still don’t know why she wants any information concerning Josh. As she just told me that she could use it to get Josh back. No matter what she knows, I really don’t think she will ever get Josh back. She has done so much damage that she will not even be friends with Josh.

Well anyways here it goes. I am just going to let it rip. I hope what I tell Elizabeth ensures that she leaves me alone from now on.

“Elizabeth you know you are such a bitch. I don’t care if Josh and I are over as friends. I will never tell you a thing about him. He is the greatest friend I could ever have. Yeah, right now Josh and I are having a little fight. But that doesn’t mean I will come running to you and lower myself to your level of scum that you are.

If I have not made myself clear to you in the past, let me do that here and now. Not only had you better stay away from me, but you better stay away from Josh and the rest of our friends. If you cause any more problems for our group…”

Elizabeth tried to leave. She really didn’t suspect I was going to say what I am saying to her right now. I grabbed ahold of her arm to pull her back to me.

“You came here to hear me, so hear me out. Don’t leave until I am done with what is on my mind. You better, I mean it, you better stay away from us. The next time you come near any of us, I am going to end you. You will need to transfer schools when I get done with you here. Have I made my self clear?”

Elizabeth didn’t say a thing. She just looked at me with an angry look on her face. I just can’t stand people that are smug like she is.

“Did you understand the question I just asked you Elizabeth? You better drop this dislike or hate you have for Josh and the guys. If you continue down this road, I will end you.”

“I understood you the first time Eric! Trust me it will take more than you to end me here. Take your best shot at me. You will lose when you do. You will be the one that needs to transfer out of here not me.”

“You’re a smug bitch aren’t you? Don’t test to see who will win this battle. You are not as strong here as you think you are. Look around and see for yourself what I am telling you here is true.”

Just as I finished talking, Elizabeth walked away from me. I needed to get this off my chest. I can’t afford her following me around. I know the guys and Bernice have seen her around me in the last couple of days. I can’t afford anymore issues between me and Josh. I can only fix one thing at a time.

(ELIZABETHS’S POINT OF VIEW)

I don’t know who Eric thinks he is dealing with. Soon he will find out like the rest of the guys will. Josh is not going to get away from my pay back he deserves. I know without a doubt there is something really wrong going on here. Eric wouldn’t be acting the way he is towards Josh if there isn’t something big.

As far as I can see it has to do something with Chris. All this started when Chris came back to school on Monday. I have been hearing there was a huge fight between Josh and Eric during the swim meet last Saturday. How true that is, I will find out. I will also find out the details of the argument they had that day and this week.

Just look at the facts I already have. The Coach of the swim team tried to tell me that Josh always goes through the window at his house since Chris moved in. But the look on the Coach’s face gave him away. He had no idea what was happening at his house that day.

Bernice was standing in the middle of the road waiting for Josh. When I found Josh he was back at the window. I know he was speaking with Chris at the time. I just can’t put my finger on what they were doing besides talking. Chris leaned out of the window for something as Josh stood there.

Than when Josh left, he mouthed something to Chris. I know as Josh and Bernice walked down the road past me. They were hand in hand as they walked by me. But there is something going on there between Bernice, Josh and Chris.

This whole thing with Eric and Josh fighting since Monday! I am not a stupid woman. I know what my eyes are seeing. I will put this all together and when I do they better watch out because I will use it to either destroy them here at school or at home. More than likely I will use the information to destroy them in both areas.

(BILLY’S POINT OF VIEW)

I have been afraid to call Janet. I don’t know if it was just a dare from her girlfriends or pity. Whatever it was it can’t be good for me. I like her and all, but I can’t put myself out there emotionally. Also I know I need to talk with someone about this. Someone I can trust not to tell a soul about what we talk about. Josh is the only one that comes to mind.

Today doesn’t seem right for me to ask Josh for his opinion. He looks like he is having a hard time already. I don’t want to know what is going on between him and Eric. Whatever it is, it is bothering Josh a lot.

I threw caution to the wind and decided to ask Josh to help me. I walked up to him as he sat at the edge of the group. He really hasn’t been talking much with us all morning. He seems to be in his own little world. Then when we walked out here to the stadium, he plopped himself down here at the far end.

“Josh I am sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you could help me with something?” I asked somewhat timidly.

Josh looked up at me. He wiped his eyes with his sleeve. At the same time he cleared his throat before talking. I knew then he was actually crying.

“Yeah man what can I help you with Billy my friend?”

“If you need to be alone we can talk another time.”

“No Billy, go right ahead and lay it on me man!”

I sat there explaneing to Josh what is going on. I told him all about Janet and the other day. Janet giving me her number, and then asking me to call her sometime when I wasn’t busy! My fear it is nothing but a cruel joke. But at the same time I told Josh how much I actually liked Janet.

He just looked at me and smiled. “Billy, I am not really the right person to come to for this kind of advice. I just broke up with my first girlfriend and now I am starting a new relationship with another.

Look; let me say this. Do what your heart is telling you. Don’t over think it, just do it. Yeah you might get hurt, but that is the gamble of love. If you sit on the sidelines everyday of your life, you will never live. The only time we need to let our head on top override the head between our legs and our heart is when it comes to sex.

You’re a very shy person Billy. Maybe you will grow out of it, but maybe you won’t. This shy personality is you Billy. Never change that about yourself. Take a chance and call her. If it is a joke, at least it will not be played on you here at school. If she asks you to do something weird, think about it before you do it. Just take a chance on your heart.”

“Thank you for your opinion on this matter. I can see clearly right now on what I need to do about Janet. I am going to give my heart a chance for the first time.”

“That is what you need to do, my friend. Go for it and throw caution to the wind.”

I couldn’t keep my smile hidden after the talk I had with Josh. For being so young, he really knows what to say to people. I only can dream to have that ability of speech that he has. I now know Josh is the right person to have in your corner when the chips are down.

(JOSHUA’S POINT OF VIEW)

Eric joined us at lunch and he was more talkative than he has been for quiet awhile. I can’t figure this guy out. All I know is he had something more important to do before school than to hang with us. Normally he would tell me what is up.

Chris could tell I am bothered about this whole Eric thing. Each time it seemed that I am about to go into a slump, Chris knocked his knee against me. I looked at him after he hit me, but just smiled at him as he smiled back at me.

I looked over to the guys and Bernice and decided to throw out another riddle at them. I have not given them a riddle for awhile now.

“Hey guys listen I heard this great riddle on the television the other day. Do you want me to tell you guys?”

Almost all at once they said no. Patrick actually spoke up on behalf of the guys.

“You haven’t even given us the answer to the other riddle yet. Now you want to tell us another riddle. No thank you Josh.”

I looked around the table to see everyone nodding their heads agreeing with what Patrick said. I can’t even remember the last riddle I told them.

“Come on guys I had to have given you the answer to the last riddle. It has been awhile since I told you the riddle. What was the riddle I told you guys last?”

They looked at each other. No one wanted to speak up. I think the last time I even threw out a riddle was before Chris got hurt.

“It was the one with the man driving that black truck. He didn’t have his lights on and this lady was crossing the street. None of us knows how he was able to see her.”

“Oh man I am sorry about that. None of you guys know the answer to that riddle. Come on just listen to the words of the riddle.”

“No you come on Josh. Just give us the damn answer please.”

“Ok, ok I will give you the answer. The guy is driving during the day. That is how he was able to see the lady crossing the street.”

Almost all at once everyone got up from the table and threw something at me. As they sat back down booing me at the same time!

“Ok I promise this riddle you can figure it out. If a two year old can do it, you guys can. Here it goes…” I figured to not even give them a chance to say no. I know they would say no if I had given them a chance.

“If a man was born in Greece, raised in Spain, came to America, and died in San Francisco, what is he?”

Everyone just sat there looking at me. Then they looked at each other as if they could read one another’s thoughts. I couldn’t help but laugh at the scene at the table. This is why I like to throw out stupid riddles. It gets my friends minds off of everything that is going on for just a few minutes.

It seems when I tell my riddles to the guys, the bell rings before they could answer it. I just love it because it is left in the air. Everyone got up from the table mumbling under breaths on how stupid the riddles are. I just laughed because they will try to figure it out no matter how stupid they think they are.

Just like the day before, Eric didn’t walk with me to the lockers. I am lucky. For the next two classes I don’t have to look at him. Right now I can’t stand the sight of the angry and judgmental look on his face as he looks at me now.

Once the final bell rang for fourth period, all I wanted to do is sing. Singing let’s me forget all about what is bothering me in my life right now. I go to a different world when I sing.

Mr. Edger still hasn’t decided on the new songs we are to learn for the next competition. We know we are going to be competing against the several Glee Clubs from the Ysleta District. Eastwood High School has been the winners in this city for the last five years. They are the ones to be looking to beat and we will be seeing them next.

“Ok class I have been thinking long and hard about our next meet. It is going to be the hardest competition you will have out of district in this city. Eastwood knows they are good and will not let you or anyone else forget it.

They are huge and they can sing. Last year when we went against them, they blew us out of the water. This year I want to return the favor to them. I know we have the voices in this class to do it. It is just the matter of song selection.”

I just looked at Mr. Edger. I wonder if he is going to change up the way we perform or if he is going to pick another solo singer to be his main go-to person. I know how sometimes Glee Clubs like to switch things up in order to keep the other clubs thinking. I have gotten to know Mr. Edger and his desire to win this year.

“Ok I have been hitting my head against the wall for the last couple of days to come up with a set of songs that can win. Don’t get me wrong the songs we sang before are great but we need to change up the songs in each competition we perform at.

Now, with that said I am not going to change the solo artist of our Glee Club. I hope none of you objects to that decision. I plan to use Josh here for the rest of the year. He is a great find and I just don’t want to lose that voice.”

I looked around the room as Mr. Eger said he isn’t going to change the solo position. Everyone actually smiled when he said that. None of them think they have the capability to be the solo. I disagree with that. Everyone in this Glee Club can.

“Now sine there is no objections to keeping Josh as our solo. Let me tell you what I have decided on. For Josh’s solo he will be singing, with you guys in the back ground of course, Michael Bolton song “How Am I Suppose to Live without You?”. For the group you all will sing “Hold On” by Wilson Phillips. And finally between everyone switching out the main versus, you guys will be singing “Free Falling” by Tom Petty.

I hope you all enjoy these songs more because they are a little more rock and less sorrow music that we sang before. Don’t forget the songs we sang before because they may make a comeback with these in the future.”

Everyone just sat there shaking their heads in the positive. These songs indeed are a lot better than the songs that we sang before rhythm-wise. We are not singing songs that may turn off the audience but really there isn’t any song out there that should turn off the audience if it is sang right with feeling.

Mr. Edger handed out the sheet of music for us to look at. He then took me aside to see if I knew how to play the piano. Of course I didn’t know how, but it didn’t stop Mr. Edger from wanting to teach me how. The rest of the period that is all I did in class.

The rest of the day went fast. We didn’t have swim practice because there isn’t a meet this weekend so Coach decided to give us the day off. Lucky for me my mother didn’t know that. So I had a couple of hours to spend with Chris.

Coach wanted Chris at the house for some reason. Both he and I are confused about the reasoning. Coach really didn’t give us a reason why. He just said if we wanted to hang out, we had to do it at the house.

Soon after the bell rang, I met Chris by Coach’s car. Not soon after Coach arrived to take us to his house. The minute Chris and I walked in we said hi to Nancy, headed to the kitchen to get something to drink and eat and then we headed to his room to be alone. Coach teased us on our way not to have the music too loud.

This is really the first time Chris and I have been alone together since you really can’t count the storage closet as being alone. So at first we were nervous with each other but that went away pretty fast. We just sat there talking about everything that had happened at school this week, including Eric.

As we talked, we slowly moved closer and closer together until we touched hands. I looked straight into Chris’s eyes and knew right there how much he liked me. I slowly moved my face towards his. The funny thing though. We both turned our heads the same way, to the left.

We didn’t even touch lips. We hit each others head hard. I moved back rubbing my forehead and my nose. We both cracked up laughing looking at each other.

“Looked there my love bug, you turn right and I turn left. This way we don’t hurt each other. We don’t want Coach to think we are fighting in here.”

Once again we both laughed and then tried it again. This time we turned our heads the way we should have the first time. Just as our lips touched, as before, I saw fireworks. I don’t know what Chris does to me to feel this way, but I feel so warm and tingly when I am kissing him.

I never want us to stop kissing. I don’t know how I was able to breathe while Chris and I were connected by the mouth, but I didn’t care about breathing at the time. Chris finally broke the kiss. He just looked at me with a big smile across his face.

“You were telling me that Mr. Edger finally decided on you guy’s new songs to sing. Can you please sing them to me, please?”

Chris just pleaded for me to sing the songs to him. He even put this cute puppy face on. I just melted when he did that.

“Fine; for you Chris I will do anything!”

With that I pulled out the sheets of music from my bag. I sat there on his bed singing the songs, mind you, without the music backing me up. That didn’t bother Chris at all. He smiled through the entire song. As I got to the second song, we heard the door open to Chris’s room.

I turned to see Coach and Nancy standing there watching in the door way. I stopped singing knowing I am turning red in the face.

“Please Josh, don’t stop singing. We heard your voice in the living room. We had to come in to see it in person. I heard from Mr. Edger on how great of a singer you are. I just thought he was tooting his horn. Man was I wrong about that.”

I explaneed to everyone this next song is our group song. So if it sounds weird, it’s because of it being a group song. They didn’t mind it at all. For the next fifteen I stood in Chris’s room singing the songs that I was just given a couple hours earlier. They didn’t seem to mind though.

I looked over at the clock realizing the time. I needed to go in order to walk in the doors of my house at the same time. I said my goodbyes to Nancy and Coach and said goodbye to Chris. I didn’t want to leave so soon. Just the time went by too quickly for me.

Once I saw the front door shut, I started to head to the side window when I saw a figure hiding at behind a tree. I looked over at the tree trying to figure out who it is. Finally I made it out. I walked straight over to the tree and the figure hiding.

“Fucking Elizabeth what the hell are you doing behind this damn tree?”

She stayed quiet for a few moments, the more she was quiet, the more I was getting mad with her!

“Damn it Elizabeth! What the hell are are you doing spying on me?”

“Don’t you think you’re so special Josh. I am not spying on you.”

“You’re hiding behind the tree looking over at Chris’ house. So either you are spying on me or Chris. Whoever you are spying on, it gives me the creeps.”

“Josh for the last time I am not spying on you or Chris. I just saw you walking out of the house. I didn’t want to talk with you; that’s all.”

“Fine just stay the fuck away from me and my friends. Whatever you wanted with Eric this week isn’t going to happen. So you better stop bothering him. I am getting really tired of all your games Elizabeth. They are getting really old.”

Elizabeth just walked away not saying another word. But if looks could kill, I would drop dead right there. I looked down at my watch and realized if I don’t get my butt home fast. I will be in a load of trouble.

I started running as fast as I could home. Just as I walked into the front door, my mom walked out the kitchen. She looked at the clock on the wall and then at me. I looked at my watch to see I just walked in the door in time.

I smiled at my mom as I went upstairs. She is really looking for any way to bust me. I didn’t even take out my books to do my homework. I sat my book bag at the edge of my desk. I turned to lock my door before heading to my bed.

I couldn’t stop thinking of Chris on the way home. How it felt having his tongue in my mouth as we kissed. His soft lips against mind as we wrestled for control, I just love the way it felt. Before I knew it I laid down on my bed putting my hands down the front of my jeans.

The minute my hand touched my dick, I was hard as a rock. I closed my eyes to imagine Chris with me and what I would do if he and I were here in my room on my bed. I imagined his face and lips and how they felt on mine as we kissed.

I unbuttoned my pants and pulled them to my knees. Now I am sitting on my bed with just my underwear blocking my hard on. I kept on thinking about Chris. Remembering how his smooth body is when we took showers in swim practice.

I just put Chris’s wet body beside mine on my bed only wearing his Speedos. He is sporting a hard on already as well. I reach over and start to rub his cock through his Speedos. We joined lips as we have done several times before.

With my free hand I placed it behind Chris’s head to hold him as close to me as possible. As we kissed, I stuck my hand into his Speedos to grab a hold of his dick. Man is Chris’ dick every thing I imagined, even huger.

Some how with Chris’s help, we moved his Speedos down to his knees. Now his dick is free for me to look at all its glory. My hand wrapped around his dick. At first I started slowly going up and down, jerking Chris off. Then I started going faster as we kissed not coming up for breath.

I just love the way Chris’s dick feels in my hand. The silkiness of his skin that covered his shaft I felt as my hand went up and down. The whole time as I jerked off Chris, we kissed. Never looking at one another or down to what we are doing to each other.

All of a sudden I felt this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. My stomach started to turn as my legs just froze as my toes in my shoes curled up. I jolt of electricity went through my body. I feeling I have never felt in my life before.

Then I felt my balls tighten, pressure building in my dick. Before I even opened my eyes, my dick started firing shot after shot of cum. I couldn’t open my eyes even if I wanted to. These feelings going through my body are pure ecstasy. These feelings….I don’t want them to end. I don’t know how many times I shot, but I can say several of them hit me in the face and even went over my head.

As I started coming down from my climax, I opened my eyes. Still breathing really hard, I looked around my bed. I couldn’t believe the mess I made out of it. I know I can’t take the bedding down now because my mom will know what I did.

So I jumped out of my bed to grab whatever is handy. I quickly went over to my hamper to grab out my dirty t-shirts. Cleaning myself up as best as I could! I turned my attention to my bed and wall. Doing what I could with what I have handy. I wiped the wall and headboard of my bed. I cleaned up any sperm that had landed on my bedding, which most of it already has soaked in! Once I finished I got to work on my homework.

After dinner we helped my mom clear the table before sitting in front of the television. Daniel and Carlos left already for the game. Since Brandon and I are punished, we can’t go to the game. To tell you the truth, I am fine with that.

(DANIEL LOPEZ’S POINT OF VIEW)

So far I have been lucky not loosing any men. The last couple of battles have been hard. The Iraqi troops have been putting up a fight against us. I just keeping asking myself why are they fighting a loosing battle? Don’t they have family and love ones to go back to? I just can’t figure out their thinking.

I got an order to hold my units at a stand still. I asked why, but didn’t get an answer. One thing I have found out with our military, don’t ask why. You will never get an answer and if you do, it won’t be one you like.

We sat in the same spot for about an hour and half before we saw life in the air. Several helicopters are heading our way. I got up, adjusted my uniform before walking over to greet who ever is arriving in the helicopters.

The door opened and a two star general walked out. We saluted each other as we walked away from the noise of the helicopters.

“General Lopez I have been given orders to relieve you of your command. You have been ordered to return to command post and then the States sir!”

“Do you know why I am being ordered back?”

“All I know is that the President of the United States wants to meet you. I understand it has something to do about you saving a Prince of the royal family of England!”

I didn’t do that alone. I took in a squad of men with me.”

“Yeah, the high command knows that as well. Those men had already fallen back to command post. The story they have given to command is nothing short of a miracle. They all thought they were dead down there by the helicopter that went down.”

“Are the men going to be going back to the States as well?”

“They are going back and will meet the President as well. But the President wants to meet with you one-on-one.”

“I just want to stay with my men. I have given a promise to not only them, but their loved ones as well.”

“General Lopez you really have no choice in the matter. When our Commander In Chief gives an order, we must follow it.”

At that point I knew I wasn’t going to win this argument. I briefed the new general on the men and our orders. He knew pretty much what is being asked of this unit before I even opened my mouth.

I called in my command staff to let them know about the change of command. I introduced them to the new commander before I left. I couldn’t believe I am being ordered back. No commander wants to hand over their command to another commander for any reason.

As I lifted away in the helicopter I looked down at my men. These men deserve more going on home more than me. I shouldn’t be going back to the States for following orders.

The skies got dark once we got on our way. It didn’t take long before we reached command post. The helicopter landed to allow me to get off. I stepped out of the helicopter being greeted by my sub-commanders.

I saluted my sub-commanders as they rushed me to another aircraft.

“General Lopez I am sorry about you not having a chance to clean up. You will have a chance to do so when you land in Germany to catch the connection flight back home. I would like to say it is an honor to have served under your command, Sir. And I am hoping that you get sent back here to take back command of your men.”

“Sir may I ask if I am going straight to Washington from Germany?”

“No General Lopez you are not. You will return back home for rest and then, with your family be catching a flight to Washington on Monday to meet the President.”

I just nodded as I walked up the ramp of the airplane. As I reached the belly of the plane, the ramp closed. Before I could even take my seat, the plane started down the runway. I know this sounds cruel, but I can’t wait to see my family.

(JOSHUA’S POINT OF VIEW)

Brandon and I had to wake up early the next morning. We had extra chores to do. My mom took the chores that Daniel and Carlos are supposed to do and gave them to us as part of our punishment. Although I didn’t say it, but I mumbled to myself about how unfair this is. They were still on punishment for the horseplay that hurt Brandon!

Before Brandon and I were able to finish the chores, we were called in for breakfast. Both Brandon and I cleaned up quickly before heading to the table to eat. Just as we got into the kitchen, Daniel and Carlos were leaving. They just looked at us and laughed.

We sat down at the table to find there was no breakfast left. We looked over to our mom to see if she had our breakfast on the stove.

“You two took to long to get down here for breakfast. You know the rules in this house. If you don’t come when I call you, you miss out. If you want to eat breakfast, you have to grab a bowl of cereal. But you better eat quickly. I want the chores done by noon.

Just as Brandon and I grabbed our bowls of cereal and milk, I heard the front door open. All of a sudden a voice came echoing through the house I wanting to hear so bad right now.

“Where in the world is my family?”

I poked my head out to the hall and saw my dad standing at the front door. I couldn’t believe it, I thought I was dreaming at first, but I wasn’t. We all ran out and just swallowed my father up with hugs. Pretty much asking the same questions all at once.

We walked into the kitchen to sit down. My mom immediately started to cook for my father. He looked at me and Brandon before turning to Daniel and Carlos. He got up and looked in the sink and back at my mom.

“Homey what is going on here? Why are there only two plates in the sink?”

“Brandon and Josh came in late for breakfast honey!”

My dad looked at Brandon and I while walking back to the table.

“Boys, why were you late for breakfast?”

“We were outside doing our chores when mom called us in for breakfast. We had to clean up before coming to the table.”

He looked over to Daniel and Carlos. “Why are you two not doing your chores yet?”

“Mom said we didn’t have to do them. Josh and Brandon got in trouble with mom.”

Once again my dad looked over at my mom with a concerned look on his face. He asked her what we had done to deserve more chores as a punishment. She tried to explane to him about Brandon coming into my room to sleep because of nightmares.

No matter how my mom worded the reason why she punished us, she just couldn’t explane in a way to make it seem right. He just looked at my mom with an angry look forming on his face. Then he looked over at Brandon with sorrow in his eyes.

“Come here kiddo, how are you feeling?”

“I am fine dad, I am just glad you are home with us” Brandon replied.

“Are you still having the nightmares son?” Brandon just looked at our dad with a worry look on his face. “You are not in trouble with me if you are. We need to figure what is causing these nightmares if you are still having them. No one deserves to have restless nights.”

“Yes dad, I am still having them, but they are getting less and less each night.”

Our dad looked over to my mom and told her to cook Brandon and I breakfast along with his. He also overrode my mother’s decision about the extra chores she had given us. He instructed the chores to be given out evenly to each of us.

I knew my father wasn’t happy with my mom, but they don’t show their anger with each other in front of us. He then changed the subject on why he returned back earlier than the rest of his men.

As he told the story, we all sat there in disbelief. Our father being invited to the White House to meet the President of the United States! I felt right then and there that my dad walked on water!

After we finished eating he showed us his gun shot wounds. He knew we would get a kick out of them, which we most certainly did. He pulled up his pant leg and took off the bandage to show the holes in his leg. I really thought it was awesome.

Brandon and I sat with our dad in the den asking him millions of questions about what he did over there. We wanted to know more about him saving a Prince more than anything else. Poor Daniel and Carlos had to do their chores before they were allowed to join us. Not to be mean but I thought to myself as they walked out, look who gets the last laugh.

(DANIEL LOPEZ’S POINT OF VIEW)

I had a long flight home so I was already tired when I walked through the doors of my home. All the way home what kept going through my mind isn’t meeting the President of Untied States, not saving a Prince of the royal family of England and not being in the middle of the gun fire. No, none of those things was I thinking about. I just wanted to se my family that I miss so dam much.

The minute I walk through the doors of my house the look on my kids face just brought it home to me on why I do what I do. For them I want a safer world, a better world than I have grown up in. For them I will lay my life down any minute of any day.

I never want to see any of my kids treated any different than one another. It took every ounce of energy in my body to not show my anger with Martha. Punish the kids for wrong, I have no problem with that. But to punish them for taking care of each other, I have fundamental and serious problem with that.

Before I could even open my mouth Martha started talking.

“I know you are angry with me Daniel. You have not been here seeing and hearing everything that has been going on mainly with Josh.”

“What is it that has your goat about Josh? He does what we ask him to do, right?”

“It isn’t that matter of school grades or chores here at the house. He does what we ask him to do. I just don’t like the idea of him and the friends he chooses to hang out with!”

“Martha, are any of his new friends in trouble with the law? If fact, do any of his new friends pull Josh to do things he normally wouldn’t do with Eric?”

“No so far they have not, but Daniel. You have to see how he has changed. This whole thing with Glee Club and Chris isn’t right at all.”

“I find it so damn funny you are the one having the problem with all this. I should be the one to have this issue, not you. Let me tell you, I don’t agree with the laws on the books dealing with gays in the military or even in the private sector.

Let me tell you I don’t like what I see out there. You are here in the house in your own little world. You don’t see how gays are treated in society. Yeah, you watch television, but you really don’t get the whole story.

Several years ago, and let me remind you this isn’t the first time I have seen this; I walked into the barracks to do a surprise inspection. When I opened a door to a room of a couple of soldiers, the sight I saw surprised me.

Two very handsome soldiers, guys, were sitting on one of the beds watching one of those small television sets. At first they didn’t hear or see me coming in. I stood at the door just looking at them, waiting for them to come to attention.

Than what I saw next surprised me, not stunned me, only surprised me. They were holding hands. As they looked at each other you could see the love they had for each other. Then they leaned in to kiss each other. They just simply fell in love.

They were and are still my best soldiers in my command. I never told them I saw what I saw. I walked back out and then knocked on the door to alert them I was there before opening the door.

Martha, they were part of the unit I took in to save the Prince of England. They fought along side of their fellow soldiers, willing to give their life for each other. They have never acted or shown their relationship in public. They are the best soldiers I have in my unit and I am proud to serve alongside of them.”

As I talked to Martha about this, she didn’t even flinch. I am starting to think there isn’t a thing I can do to help her see the light. Whatever her parents taught her when she was small, is staying with her.

“Martha let me say it another way for you to understand. If Josh or any of our kids are gay, we will love them no matter what. I will fight for them every day of life in ensure they can live a life where they are happy and know love. You will support you children no matter what comes of them as they get older.

I don’t want to ever see again, what I saw this morning. You will never treat any of our kids different from one another. Each of them is equal in our eyes. If they need discipline from now on, it is going to me to hand it out. You have shown you can’t do so equitably.

Finally I don’t want to hear another word about Josh’s friends or clubs he joins. As long as he follows the rules, brings home the grades we ask, and does his chores, he is ok in this house. Also I don’t want to ever hear again one of our children being disciplined because he cares for his brothers. That is a rare love between brothers.”

Martha didn’t even say another word to me. I know she didn’t like what I had told her, but I didn’t mince words to make it clear to her that the way she has been dealing with Josh and now Brandon is wrong. I now know I can’t leave for a long period of time without worrying what Martha is doing here in the house.

(MARTHA’S POINT OF VIEW)

All I could do is sit there and listen to Daniel speak. I certainly can’t understand why he is so angry about my way of thinking. It is wrong in the Bible and in the law to be gay. If one of our kids is, we need to correct it before it gets too far.

Daniel laid down to rest from his long trip. I got the bed ready for him to lie down. I made sure he had everything he needed when he woke up. Once I felt satisfied everything is in place, I left him alone to sleep.

I walked down to see what the kids were doing. Brandon and Josh haven’t moved from the den where we left them. They looked at me as I passed by. I can’t even look into Josh’s face as I walked by. A mother knows more than a father does. I just can’t knock out the feeling he is gay. He doesn’t show it, but I know.

Daniel Jr. and Carlos walked through the back door with Elizabeth. I looked at her then over to the boys.

“Good morning Elizabeth what do we owe this visit from you this morning?”

“I feel I need to talk with you about something that is going on with Josh.”

“Elizabeth you know the rules that Daniel Sr. has put down. If you need to talk to me about Josh, he needs to be present while you talk.”

Josh walked into the kitchen just as I finished telling Elizabeth about the need of Josh being present. Josh didn’t look happy at all seeing her in the kitchen.

“Elizabeth I don’t know what you are doing here. What lies you have come to spread about me this time? Let me say this to you as clear as possible; no matter what you do, no matter who believes your lies, no matter who listens to your lies, we are done as boyfriend and girlfriend for good.

I have never known a person like you in my life. You need to move on and leave me alone. Stop coming down here, spying on me every chance you have, and bothering my friends. Just leave me alone.”

“I agree with my son Elizabeth. As of now on you are no longer welcome in my home. You are not to talk with Martha about anything regarding Josh or his brothers. You are not to call or enter this home again. My son doesn’t want to date you or even be your friend. Be a woman and just leave it as that. You have lost him” my dad concluded leaving no room for interpretation of his words and their meaning.

I looked over at Daniel Sr. as he stood in the middle of the back stair case. He didn’t look happy seeing Elizabeth in the house. At the same time though I want to know what she has to say about my son Josh.

Daniel Sr. walked down the rest of the way to open the back door she came in through.

“Elizabeth you are a sweet young lady. I loved having you here in our home as our son’s girlfriend. Even though you to are not going out anymore, you were welcome at our home. But now I can’t have you here if you are making trouble. Stay this sweet girl in my eyes and don’t come back again!” dad added.

Elizabeth walked out the door with tears rolling down her face. I looked up at Daniel Sr. and then over to Josh. Neither of them is fazed with the tears going down Elizabeth’s face as she left.

“Isn’t any of you fazed with Elizabeth crying out there?” I asked ?

“Martha enough with Elizabeth and her petty games she is playing with your son. I came down to get something to drink to find my son telling this young lady once again he doesn’t want anything to do with her anymore. By you talking to her and you boys bringing her in, just let’s her think that what she is doing is fine and acceptable. The way I see it, all of us, by our actions are telling this poor girl that it is alright to do what she is doing.

Let me make myself clear about this whole thing. I don’t care if it is any of you boys, if you break up with your girlfriend or if you are still together with them, neither I nor your mother will speak with them outside your presence. We have no business doing so. Now, just for clarity, Elizabeth is no longer allowed here unless Josh brings her over.”

With that Daniel Sr. went to the refrigerator to grab a bottle of orange juice. Then he headed back up to bed. I looked at the boys as they went their own directions. I am getting tired of looking like a fool in front of my kids. I will take time out to speak with Elizabeth for what ever reason she needed to talk with me.

(JOSHUA’S POINT OF VIEW)

While we ate dinner, dad explaneed that we will be leaving to Washington tomorrow evening. We will get to Washington D.C. around ten or so with enough time to sleep and be at the White House by nine.

Dad explaneed to us during dinner all the rules we had to follow while we are in the White House. I don’t want to bore you with the rules, but they are basically rules that make us into statues during the visit.

After dinner I ran up stairs to call Bernice to tell her. As I told her that my dad is back and the trip we are going to take to Washington. She just kept yelling on the phone. She seemed to be more excited about the trip than I am. I felt bad that I can’t invite her on the trip with me.

On top of that, I feel bad that I can’t call Chris and tell him the news. I asked Bernice to do me the favor and tell the guys on Monday that I am not going to return till Wednesday and where I went.

Anytime we talk about Chris over the phone, we use code. Bernice and I created code words whenever we are on the phone talking about Chris. Simply put, I never know if my mom picks up one of the other receivers around the house to listen in on my phone calls. She is known to do that.

Still Bernice understood I wanted her to take Chris to the side and explane to him what’s up. How bad I wanted to tell him I am going on this trip, but due to my position here at home, I couldn’t. Just as we were hanging up, Bernice knew when I told her a love her, I meant it. As well to let Chris know that I love him also.

All I did after hanging up with Bernice is stay in my room. I didn’t want to go downstairs to see the looks on my mother’s face. Brandon joined me in my room and we just talked the rest of the evening until our dad walked in asking Brandon if he wanted to spend the night in my room!

We woke up our normal time the next morning even though we could have slept in a little. Had breakfast and lazed around until we had to pack. We only had to pack for a couple of days so I just used a bag for my clothes that I am taking.

We all loaded up in the car to head to the airport. It didn’t take long to check our bags and get our plane tickets. Brandon noticed I was trembling.

“What’s up Josh, why are you so scared?”

“This is the first time I am going to be in a plane. I am afraid of heights and here I am going to be thousands of feet in the air!”

“Don’t worry big bro. I will have your back!”

Just as the words left Brandon’s mouth, our seats got called. We quickly loaded and found our seats. I noticed I had the seat at the window, so Brandon switched seats with me. He has the middle seat in our row.

The Captain gave his greetings and instructions and then followed by the flight attendant. As soon as the flight attendant finished her instructions, which I didn’t like, the plane taxied out onto the runway. As the plane lifted off, I held on to the arm rests so hard I think I actually stopped the blood from flowing into my hands.

“Don’t worry big bro I will make sure nothing happens to you!” Brandon whispered into my ear.

Here we go. We are on our way to Washington D.C.

TO BE CONTINUED……………

NOTE TO READERS:

{Ok guys where am I going to start here? It is pretty cool the Lopez family is heading to Washington to meet the President of The United States. Remember when the story started; although this is going to be their first visit to the White House, it just won’t be their last time seeing the inside of this house.

It is also great to have Daniel Sr. back. It is sad though when he walked into the house to only see his wife acting the way she is towards two of their children. Daniel laid down the law with Martha. The only problem is, he has done it before and she didn’t listen. It looks like she isn’t going to listen this time either.

We also got told why Daniel Sr. seems to be open with gays. But it can’t be just that single reason he is open. Or maybe it is. I would keep reading on to see if there is another reason that he seems to be open to possibly having a gay son.

Elizabeth finally seems to be taken care of. She is finally out of Josh’s hair after the talk she had with Daniel Sr. He made it clear he doesn’t want her around his family anymore. But when ever it seems that Elizabeth is out of the picture, she comes back stronger and more of a bitch than before.

Eric oh Eric what do we think is going on there? He seems to not want to come to grips with Josh being gay. It seems he doesn’t care that his best friend is gay, but he cares that he wasn’t told about it. He is hurting because he thought the friendship between Josh and himself was a lot stronger than he thinks it is. Let’s hope Eric just lets it go so things can get back to normal.

I could stay here all day with all the open plots already in this story, but I won’t. I warn you though! Don’t skip a chapter, or you will be lost! There is a so much to answer in the chapters to come. Keep reading the future chapters, and enjoy! Please email me and let me know how I am doing at jacobmillertex@aol.com, Thanks!}
EDITOR’S CORNER:

 

Our esteemed author pretty well summed things up leaving me little to say. Ok…no sighs of relief out there!

I strongly suspect that Elizabeth’s obsession with Josh and his mother’s determination and curiosity will give us another thrilling few pages of drama.

Eric…still waters run deep. Something’s afoot as I said in my “Corner” in the last Chapter.

I was glad to see Josh show his “hormones” a bit. I was worried he might not enjoy the simple pleasures of manhood, but it seems that he’s doing just fine in that department. Josh is growing into his reality as a gay guy. If he kept repressing his natural being, I was afraid we’d have a couple of Chapters with Josh in a rubber room! I wonder if Chris is as “blessed” as Josh fantasized. We can all hope we find out the details in future Chapters.
Well, it seems like the General stepped in it in Iraq and has come out smelling like a rose. I can’t wait to see what all transpires at the White House.
Until next time, be well and let your love shine to all you come in contact with.


“Daddy” Rick

Copyright © 2013 JacobMillerTex; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Cool that the whole family is going to see the President.

I'm glad Josh's dad seems to have his back cause his mother sure doesn't. She has already gone against her husband a couple of times and plans on doing it again.

God I can't believe they are going to work it so that chris has to go back to his dad, his father will kill him next time. And the father will probably walk away scott free again.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..