Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Shadow of my Father - 12. Chapter 12

(DANIEL SR’s POINT OF VIEW)

For the first time since I been back, I went into the office. When I walked in and saw the staff in the office, I didn’t recognize any of the soldiers. The private personnel are the same and for that I am glad. My soldiers that worked in the office here are right now across the ocean in a dessert fighting for our country. That makes me angry that I am stuck here unable to rejoin them.

Every time I asked to go back, I have been denied. I thought when I got pulled out, I would return once I visited the White House. That is what I get for trusting command when they say one thing, but actually mean another.

Ms. Kindle, my personal assistant, introduced me to the new staff. Without Ms. Kindle at times I don’t know if I am coming or going. After I met everyone, I went into my office. I was surprised to find not a thing had been moved. Normally when a unit is deployed, they loose their offices on the base where they were at.

It only took an hour or so for Ms. Kindle to get me up to date with everything. Like I said, I couldn’t do something’s without this young lady. She has been with me since I got stationed here at Fort Bliss.

When I returned from lunch, I saw several men and woman sitting in the waiting room. What I found odd about them is they are not in uniform. They are actually wearing suits and dresses. This doesn’t feel right to me when I see no military personnel in my office.

“Hello Ms. Kindle, could you join me in my office for a minute please?”

“Certainly General Lopez!”

I opened the door for Ms. Kindle to walk in first. As I followed her in I shut the door behind us. I looked at her, and without having to speak a word, she knew what I called her in here for.

“General Lopez those people sitting in the waiting room are here to speak with you. They won’t let me know why. By the looks of it, it is important.”

“Give me a few minutes to settle in before you show them in.”

Ms. Kindle shook her head as she walked out. I sat down looking over the progress reports of the base. It looks alright, so it has nothing to do with the base. At least I don’t think so. I will soon find out.

“General Lopez can see you right now.”

I heard Ms. Kindle tell those sitting in the waiting room. Well Ms. Kindle and I have a set up whenever she is letting anyone into my office. She puts the phone on her desk on speaker so I get a warning when she is sending someone in.

I got up to greet my visitors at the door. As they walked in they introduced themselves. Mr. Leonard James seems to be in charge of this group. The others I really don’t care to know until I knew what their reason for the visit.

“Mr. James please excuse my bluntness, but what is it that is so important, that you couldn’t tell my assistant Ms. Kindle?”

“General Lopez I don’t know where to begin? I don’t know if you pay any attention to politics or not. I don’t know what party you favor. All I know is everyone has a party they always vote with, if they vote.

The Republican Party is in trouble right now in the governor’s race here in Texas. We already went through the primaries, and they were ugly. A winner did come out, but politics being politics came back to haunt us. Our nominee got tied into several scandals. We couldn’t even get him above water. He landed up not withdrawing his name for governor. He had to leave his Senate position as well.

We not only don’t have a nominee for governor right now, we have to find a nominee for the Senate seat. I asked around to see who we can approach to fill these seats. We have to at least give the Democrats a run for their money.

General Lopez, your name came up several times. Not only do the higher ups in the party like you, the President has thrown your name in the hat. I need to know if you would like to run for politic office on the Republican ticket. Well first I better ask, are you Republican or Democrat?”

“The answer to your second question, I am more Republican than anything else. I do hold some beliefs along with the Democrat party, but mostly, I’m a moderately conservative Republican. I have a question to the first question you asked me:

If even I am looking to leave the military and put my foot in the water in politics, which of the two open positions are you looking for me to fill?”

“Well General, I hate to say, it isn’t the Senate seat. The seat that is open right now isn’t in the district where you live. If you would agree to run for political office, it would be for the Governorship of Texas.”

“Who would I be battling for the party ticket? Like you said, you had a messy primary. Some of those people might want a chance to run again for the ticket.”

“I understand your concern. Several of them got so dirty in the primary, they can’t even think about running for office again. The only one that can run, we want him for the Senate seat. He already said yes to that. I know he knows that’s a seat he can easily win.

You have never been in politics. You are clean with no dirty laundry to speak of. There isn’t a thing that can come out that would mess you up in the election. You, with the right help, will take the Governorship of Texas in November without much of a fight,” Mr. James concluded.

“Even if I think of running for this position you are asking me to run for, I need to know that my family isn’t going to be dragged through the mud here. I am going to lay out one thing the other party will probably find out. I know how dirty politics gets and even more so when they know they are going to loose the race!”

“Let me know what you think will come out about your family and hurt your chances of winning General,” Mr. James said knowing where I was leading, evidently.

“My third oldest son I believe is gay. He hasn’t come out to me yet nor has anyone in the family said anything. I don’t want him or anyone in my family dragged through the mud. That isn’t the way anyone should have to confront their demons.

Don’t take what I am telling wrong. I don’t believe it is a choice my son has made. He is just that way. I love him still the same no matter what. I just don’t want him to tell us until he is ready to do so.”

“Well I can’t say the other guy isn’t going to try to use everything he can to make you look bad. We can’t stop them from using anything they find. If you choose to run General Lopez that is one thing you are going to have to deal with beforehand.

Politics is dirty as hell. It has gotten worse through the years. They can’t beat you on the topics. They can’t beat you on anything so they will use every dirty tactic in the book to get you to look bad. Having a gay son in my opinion isn’t going to hurt you once it’s out there. In fact you will bring a voting block to us that we never get. In general, gays normally vote Democrat all the time,” Mr. James said.

I sat there talking to the group about their plans if I were to say yes. It seams they have a full proof plan to get me to the Governorship of Texas. Really it is up to me if I will go for it or not. One thing is for sure, we don’t see eye to eye on some topics. For that I know I am going to hit heads with those that are trying to put my message out there.

“Let me say the first thing I need to do is talk with my family about this. I will do it before next week. Why don’t we plan to meet again here on Monday and I can give you my answer?

Oh also I need to find out about my military career. What I mean about that is I still have a year or so left on my tour. I don’t want to skip out of those duties in order to take another position.”

“I don’t see why we can’t wait until Monday. It will keep the press guessing on who is going to run on the ticket. Once we announce, it will have even more of an effect.

As far as your military career, I have already talked to President Bush. He told me that you got injured and the doctors won’t release you back to active duty. You could do one of two things. One, retire on a medical discharge. The second option is to move into the Reserves and finish off your tour of duty.”

“Ok then that is another thing I need to think about. I didn’t know that is the reason I wasn’t being allowed to rejoin my men in the field. Everything is falling into place on that front now.

Just give me till Monday I will have your answer one way or another on this. Thank you all for coming and speaking with me.”

I shook their hands as I walked them to the elevator. As soon as the doors of the elevator closed, I walked back to my office. I couldn’t believe what was just offered to me. I have always planned to dabble in politics, just not this soon.

By Friday evening I already had spoken with Martha about the offer I got. For her the only questions she had, was all about the kids. We decided if the kids had no problem with me running, I will.

As I run for the office, the kids will stay in school. During the summer if they wanted to, they can join me on the campaign trail. If I win in November, we won’t uproot the kids. They will stay here and finish school. During the summer they will come down to Austin and live there.

I decided after the Josh’s performance, I will sit down with everyone and discuss all of what has been going on. Then I will have a private talk with Josh. I really don’t know how I am even going to approach that topic.

Every book I have read and every person I have talked to says the same thing. Don’t push or demand an answer to the question. It might push the person even more into hiding than they already are. Simply put, they are scared to death about what they are feeling and doing. All their lives they have been taught being gay is wrong and they will be going to hell for being gay.

So I know I have my work cut out there as well. Damn, I just don’t want the other party to find this out and use it. I’d rather not run in order to keep my son from this moment. I don’t want him to be forced to tell if he isn’t ready yet.

(ELIZABETH’S POINT OF VIEW)

After cheerleading practice, I stuck around talking with the girls while we got dressed. We normally talk about several things, but the girls seem to want to talk about is Josh and the Glee Club performing tonight. I got tired of hearing about Josh; I just walked out of the dressing room.

As I made my way out of the school, I heard someone calling after me. I turned around to see who it was. At first I didn’t want to stick around to see what she wanted, but I decided to find out. I knew if I didn’t stop, I might not make it out of freshman squad.

“Yeah, what is going on Heather?”

“I have been calling you since you left the locker room, what is up with that Elizabeth?”

“I truly didn’t hear you until now. I am sorry, I am not ignoring you!”

“The way you left the locker room, it seems that something got under your skin. I know what am about to talk with you about is going to make you even more irritated.”

I just looked at Heather wondering what she meant by that. Although she is up there in leadership of the cheerleaders, she isn’t in charge yet. One day maybe, but not today!

“Look Elizabeth, I really don’t know what your beef is with Joshua and his group of friends. All I know is what I have heard from the others and around school. If what I have heard is even true, you are going to have to check yourself at the door before you come back to practice. We don’t tolerate that stuff in our squad.”

“I really don’t know what you are talking about Heather. If you are going where I think you are going, you better step off. You have no right in that area.”

“I have all the right in any area if it involves the morals of our squads. If you make us look bad around campus, I have to step in. I know for a fact you started a fight with a student by the name of Bernice. I also know for a fact you are smearing the name of a person you really don’t know.”

“You might be right about those things, but again, step off. You don’t know why I wanted to fight Bernice or to smear the name of another student. Until you know and walk in my shoes, you have no right to talk to me about it!” I said with no small amount of anger.

“Don’t assume I don’t know where you are coming from, Elizabeth. Even if you are right about Chris, it doesn’t give you the right to talk about him the way you are. You are making us look like stuck up, spoiled brats. That will end, and I mean end now!” Heather said with conviction.

“Fuck that Heather; you have no right to tell me what I can and can’t do. If you know what is best for you, you’d better step off,” I warned again.

At that point I started to walk off, at least try. The next thing I knew, I went crashing to the floor. I couldn’t believe Heather actually threw me down. Just as I got up, I couldn’t even get my footing before Heather had me against the wall.

“You are one wild little bitch Elizabeth! Either we are going to tame you or you are going to be out of the cheerleading squad. One way or another, your shit is going to end. I have walked in your shoes, but I took it a lot better than you.”

Heather let go of, allowing me to catch my breath and footing. She just looked at me as if I was some kind of scum.

“Just recently I lost my boyfriend. I didn’t loose him to another girl. At the time I wish that was the fact. I lost him because he is gay. He told me so and told me all a long he has been in love with a guy. The look in his eyes I will never forget as he told me.

He knew he took my trust and love for granted. He knew that he hurt me more than words can explain. I also saw in his eyes how he was breaking apart. He didn’t even know what to do about what he was feeling. Basically he was afraid of being gay and living that life.

I actually ended up consoling him, instead of him consoling me. We are very close friends now. I love him so much, but a different love than the love I had for him when we were going out. He is like my brother of a sort.

There isn’t a thing wrong with being gay Elizabeth. It is only bigots like you that make their lives hell on earth. I am telling right here and right now! If you don’t stop the crap you’re pulling. We are going to beat you until there is no tomorrow, and then kick you off the Squad!

You think you can make a person life a living hell here. You haven’t seen anything until you have seen us in action. We can make you look so bad on this campus that you will have to not only move from this school, but from the district as well. Don’t test us on this fact. Trust me the entire squad is in agreement about ending your hateful behavior here and now.”

Heather walked away as she said the last words. I now know if I want to keep in the good graces of the squad, I can’t trust anyone knowing my plans. I need to make it look like I am in good with Josh and his group way before I execute what I plan to do.

I just wonder who complained about me to the higher ups in the squad. Once I find that out, they will be on my shit list as well. If they think I am a bitch now, wait until they see me in full action!

(PATRICK’S POINT OF VIEW)

All of us made our way to Socorro High School to watch Josh and the Glee Club perform. We really went to watch Josh only. The rest; well, they get our support because of Josh. I know that sounds rude, but it is the truth. Normally we wouldn’t even know about this stuff if it wasn’t for Josh being in the club.

As our Glee Club performed, I looked over to Frank. I figure he felt me looking at him because he looked over at me a few moments later. In his eyes I saw he figured out what I wanted. I wanted him so badly! I don’t think I can wait much longer.

We took the only seats available to us since we got there late. We sat all the way at the top in last row at the end against the wall. It is perfect for us because basically we are in the dark. No one can see what we are doing even if they are looking straight at us.

I wanted Frank so bad, I decided to make my move. Little by little I moved my hand until I reached Frank’s knee. As my hand rested on his knee, I started to rub it. Before doing anything else, I looked over to see what reaction I am getting from Frank. He just looked straight forward at the stage not even acknowledging what I’m doing.

Slowly I moved my hand further up his inner thigh. Every so often I stopped to squeeze the part of the thigh my hand rested on. Once I reached the inner thigh, close to Frank’s dick I felt the heat coming from his ample package.

With out warning, Frank put his hand right on my zipper of my pants. I figured that is his way on telling me to go for it. Almost at the same time, we both unzipped each other’s zippers. As though we had practiced this before, together we reached in and started to jerk one another off. I was hard the minute I sat down. When I reached for Frank’s dick, he already was hard along with me.

I looked around to see if anyone is looking at us. Everyone’s attention in the audience is focused on the stage. That played in my favor. With my other hand, I undid the button of Frank’s jeans to give me more freedom and access to move his dick around.

Once I had his pants unbuttoned, I pulled Frank’s dick out of its confined space allowing it to be free in all its glory! I looked over to see Frank beginning to lean in to kiss me. I returned the move and started to lean over to meet him halfway. Once our lips touched, I just melted once again.

We have been going out for a while now, but every time we kiss it’s as though it is the first time. He some how makes me tingle every time. We start out we just simple pecking on the lips. Then we move into more of a passionate kiss.

As we kissed, I felt Frank’s dick jump in my hand. He seems to be getting even harder every moment as the kiss went on. I know my dick is going crazy as well. I didn’t even notice when Frank had freed my dick from my pants.

I wanted Frank so bad; I can’t even explain this feeling. Frank just makes me go wild every time I see him. I don’t know if any of you have ever had a boyfriend or girlfriend that always made you lose all sense of being. All you can see or think about is that person in front of you. I really can’t explain it, but whenever I am around Frank I can’t think of anyone else.

I broke the kiss and fell to my knees. I looked around to make sure no one saw me do so. Once I felt that no one did so I moved between Frank’s legs. Without warning him, I took his dick into my mouth and started bobbing up and down. Just as I remembered it, his pre-cum so nice and sweet!

I felt Frank place his hands on the back of my head. He started to push my head up and down as I sucked his dick. I heard low moans coming from him. I know he is struggling on keeping the moaning down. Normally he moans really loud whenever we have any kind of sex!

It didn’t take long to get what I went down to get. Without much warning, Frank’s balls rose, his legs tensed up, his grasp around my head got even tighter and then it happened; an explosion of cum hit the back of my throat, allowing me to swallow every drop even easier!

Once I knew Frank gave me everything he had, I let his dick slip out of my mouth. Before putting it back into his underwear, I licked it clean. It drove Frank crazy as I licked his dick. This is the most sensitive moment for him as it is for most guys. The moments after he just shot and his dick is going soft, I like to make him go a little crazy once in awhile.

After making sure I had gotten every drop of cum Frank had shot. I returned his dick back into the confined space of his underwear. I buttoned his jeans before making my way back to my seat.

As I sat down, I couldn’t get comfortable at all. My dick is harder thean ever and still sticking out of my pants. I went to put it away when Frank slapped my hand away. He leaned over the arm rest into my lap. I couldn’t believe what he is doing.

He started sucking me off over the arm rest. I made sure no one is looking as he sucked me off. I am so hard and horny, it didn’t take long at all for me to reach climax. Within minutes I exploded in Frank’s mouth. He just sat there sucking up every last drop.

Just as I did for him, he made sure there isn’t a drop of cum left before putting my dick back into my underwear. My dress pants are a little tighter than his is so I had to button and zip myself up.

Once I settled back down in my seat, Frank reached over and grabbed my hand. We sat there in the dark watching the last Glee Clubs perform rubbing one another’s hand. I couldn’t believe what we just had done, but it was fun.

I heard sex is better when you have in a place that you might get caught at. It is more intense than having it in the privacy of a room. Your mind is not only going through the motions and emotions of the sex but the worry of being caught. It just makes the sex even more intense and better. I never felt before what I had felt while we sucked one another off just now.

(JOSHUA’S POINT OF VIEW)

I don’t understand what my dad is saying. He is just mumbling things that really didn’t make sense. All I know and agreed on is where we are going. Denny’s has the greatest piece of cheesecake I have ever tasted.

After getting a table and placing our orders, my dad just looked at us! We looked at each other in silence, trying to figure out what this is all about. It is out of the usual for us to go out to just grab a snack, more so at Denny’s.

“Well I better let you all know why I wanted us together here tonight. I already spoke to your mother about this. It is really not a family decision, but I want to let you know about what I might be doing and get your opinions on it.”

My dad looked around the table into each of our eyes as he spoke. Whatever it is, it has to be important. He has never called us together like this to let us know about any decision he has made.

“As you all know, I got hurt in while I was overseas. The injuries are going to keep me from returning with my soldiers. I am not being asked to retire from the military, but my days of being on the battlefield are over. The bottom line is I am not going to be able to do what I love to do and that is fighting on the front lines for our Country.

Now with that said, I got offered, not a job, but a chance a job….”

My dad explained to us what had happened to him during the week. He got offered a chance to run on the Republican ticket for the Governorship of Texas. I know he has always wanted to do this, and now, here is his chance.

He explained that he has a really good chance on winning. The only problem he has is the dirtiness that politics has to offer. He is pretty sure the Democrats are going to get down and dirty. They are going to get into the mud and really get dirty. One of the things they like to do is pull family members into the dirt.

Once he said that, we looked at each other. I really don’t think anyone here at the table has anything that they need to hide. Not to the point it is going to be pulled into the political arena. I truly believe I am the only one that can hurt my father in that way.

My father went on explaining that he has pretty much made up his mind. He has already decided to make a run for the office. That is when he explained his plans. During the school year, we all stay here for classes. During the summer, we are more than welcome to join him on the campaign trail.

The rest will be decided after the election as far as where we are going to be attending school and living. He doesn’t know much about the governor’s house or the security there. Also anything can happen between now and then. He still has to win the election.

We sat there talking about how cool it would be if he won. For the first time that I could remember our dad seating there joking with us! It felt so good to see a different side of my dad than I have gotten used to seeing.

(CHRIS’S POINT OF VIEW)

Nancy and Juan gave me permission to go and see Josh perform. So as soon as I got home I went upstairs to get ready. I know I won’t be able to see Josh by ourselves, but I do want to look good in case Josh see’s me.

Just as I sprayed on some cologne, Coach popped his head into my room.

“Chris before you head off, I need to talk with you.”

“Coach, can we talk on the way to Socorro High School? The school is on the other side of town, giving us plenty of time to talk.”

I smiled at the Coach as I finished. I didn’t want to be late or one of the last people to arrive. Simply put, if you don’t get there early, you won’t get a good seat. I want to sit in front where I can clearly see Josh and Josh can see me.

Coach and I walked out saying good bye to Nancy as we headed to the car. I waited to see what Coach needed to talk about. It seemed as if he really doesn’t want to talk about whatever it is he feels he needs to tell me. So I decided to not ask him but rather to wait until he felt comfortable enough to tell me whatever is on his mind.

We got on the highway and that is when I heard Coach clear his throat. That told me whatever it is that he needs to tell me, is about to come.

“Chris I need to tell you something. You need to promise me that you will listen to me without interruption until I am done.”

I just nodded my head in the positive. Now I am getting a little freaked out. So many thoughts started flying through my head. The same major thought or worry I should say kept going through my mind over and over again. Do Coach and Nancy know about me and Josh? If they do, for sure Josh will clam up tighter than before.

“By the look on your face Chris I have you worried. I really don’t mean to make you worry, but I need to warn you about what I have been up to. That way you can stay on your toes when ever you are out without me and Nancy.”

I didn’t say or do anything. I just looked over to Coach letting him speak as he asked.

“I got a call earlier this morning from the Courts. I got angry with the court clerk for calling me so late on the matter. Still, she had to make the call and I had to know. She called to let me know that your dad got released from jail without time, probation, or any pending charges.

I know you have several questions going through your mind, but all I can say this. Your dad still has to go in front of the judge to get custody of you again. He can’t do it until he finishes some kind of classes according to the court clerk. These classes should take up to the beginning of the year for him to complete.

For the mean time it gives us a chance to line up a defense to keep your dad from getting you back; that is if you want that still Chris. You need to make that decision.”

“Can my dad try to see me as he did before he got arrested?”

“No, not until he goes in front of the judge. He can’t go near you, talk to you, or send any kind of communication to you. If he does, he will be arrested again and the charges will be re-filed against him.”

I didn’t know what to do. I started shaking really bad after Coach gave me the news knowing my dad isn’t going to let any court stop him if he decides to do something. If he wants me, he will just come up and take me.

As Coach placed his hand on my shoulder, I broke down. I started to cry, sobbing really loud. I am scared to death of my father, I don’t want to go back to live with him. I thought he would be spending at least my teenage years behind bars.

By the time we reached Socorro High School, I stopped crying. I looked over to the Coach not really knowing what to say to him. I know he is trying everything he can do, but if the courts say I have to go back, then I will have to go back. Nothing will be able to change that once it happens.

“Chris you don’t have to see the Glee Club perform tonight. I am sure Josh and the guys will understand once you tell them why you didn’t show.”

“No Coach, my dad has already taken away a lot of my youth away. I won’t allow him to take anymore, at least when I have a choice in the matter. Plus, what am I going to do in my room all weekend long? At least tonight, for a couple of hours I won’t have to think about the news you just gave me.”

I opened the door saying good bye to the Coach. Before I even got two steps away from the car, the Coach called me back. I turned around to see what he needed and got a surprise. He wants to give me money. At first I tried to say no, but he wouldn’t take that for an answer. So I took the money promising him I will pay him back.

As I stood in the line to buy my ticket, I couldn’t help but think these next two months might be my last two months with the guys. Knowing my dad, once the court gives him back custody, I am gone. There is no doubt in my mind that the court is going to give him back custody if they released him from jail with not even a slap on the hand.

(JOSHUA’S POINT OF VIEW)

The next morning I got up before anyone else. I have a swim meet this morning I have to get to. After getting ready, and before heading downstairs. I stuck my head into Brandon’s room to check on him.

I noticed he kicked off the covers during the night. I walked over to put the covers back on him. I somehow I woke him up by accident!

“Josh are you ok?”

“Don’t you worry about anything, little bro. I just popped my head in to check on you before heading out. I saw your covers were off. I was just trying to cover you up.”

“You have a swim meet today Josh? I want to go and watch you race, please!” Brandon pleaded.

“I can’t give you permission to go Brandon. We should have asked mom and dad last night. Why don’t you rest a little longer and then get up when mom and dad are awake. Catch them together and ask if you can go.”

“Please Josh I want to go with you now. Let me go and watch you race!”

“Little bro you know I want you there. You bring me luck not matter what I’m doing. I just don’t want to get you into any trouble. The meet doesn’t start until ten, so you have enough time to rest some more and then ask permission to go.”

I didn’t want to give Brandon another chance to ask me to go. I felt so bad because the look on his face. He really wants to go and he thinks I don’t want to bring him. I know If I take him without permission, we both be in a lot of trouble.

I headed to the kitchen once I got downstairs. To my surprise, or should I say it wasn’t much of a surprise, my dad is already awake and having coffee. He looked up from his newspaper as I walked in.

“I didn’t know you have a school event to go to this morning Josh.”

“Yeah dad, I have a swim meet to go to. We have to get there a couple hours early. You know warm up and everything.”

“I could understand that son. You seem to have a full schedule of after school events. I am proud of you able to keep up with everything.”

“Thank you dad, I try to keep up with all of my promises. I forgot to ask you and mom last night, but since you are awake now I can ask.”

“What is Josh, you can ask, the worse you will get is a no.”

“Well dad, Brandon has gotten use to going with me to my meets. In fact he has gotten in good with the team and Coach. It plays in his favor since he will be starting high school next year. Anyway, I forgot to ask if Brandon could go with me to the swim meet.”

“I don’t see why not just as long as he doesn’t get in the way while you guys get ready for the meet. It seems the more he hangs around his bigger brother, the more he gets comfortable with himself.”

“Thank you dad, you don’t know how much this means to me. I felt bad telling Brandon he had to stay home because we forgot to ask permission for him to go last night.”

“That is what I am here for. If that happens again, find me, if I am asleep, wake me and ask. I don’t want you guys to be afraid to ask anything.”

I went up and kissed my dad on the forehead before running back upstairs. When I opened the door to Brandon’s room, I found him already up. I looked at him before saying even a word he knew I had gotten permission. He instantly threw on some clothes before heading to the bathroom. He came out a few minutes later with a smile reaching from one ear to the other.

Brandon went into the kitchen to grab something to eat real fast. He spoke to dad for a few minutes before meeting me at the front door. We talked all the way to school. Brandon really likes this girl at his school, and he wanted me opinion on how he should ask her out.

It made me feel good that he is coming to me for advice and even more so after the fact of him knowing about me being gay. I would think he would rather go to Carlos or Daniel for this kind of advice. I tried to give Brandon the best advice as possible for him. He seemed to like the advice I offered him.

The swim meet went well for our school. We took first place honors, and in all my events I was able to take them as well. Coach brought Chris to watch, but we were unable to spend any private time together. Just when we thought we were able to sneak away for a few minutes, Coach grabbed Chris to go.

Brandon and I headed home. When we got home, we had to do our normal chores before we were able to do anything else. I helped Brandon get his done and then he helped me get my done. That way it didn’t take very long for either of us to be finished.

The rest of the weekend we spent just hanging around the house. It felt good having our dad home. My mom acts different when he is around. I still know that she has a different of opinion on how to handle certain things in the house than my dad.

Through the weekend I noticed my dad seemed to want to speak with me. I don’t know about what, but it looked like he wanted to speak with me alone. Every time it seemed something came up that pulled my dad away. My mother was the usual interruption. She seems to fear anytime she sees that my dad and I get some alone time.

By Monday I felt more in the groove of things at school. At first with swim team, the Glee Club and school work, I felt over whelmed. Now I am handling everything without any issues.

I met the guys and Bernice in the cafeteria for breakfast. Just as I sat down, I heard the voice of horror. Why doesn’t this girl get the hint that I don’t want anything to do with her? I can’t even stand seeing her anymore, and that is sad. I turned to see what she wanted. Before I could speak, she started talking.

(ELIZABETH’S POINT OF VIEW)

I decided to make it look like I am becoming friends with Josh and his group of rug rats. Once I gain their confidence, I will then turn on my plan. In fact this is going to play in my favor more then I originally thought.

I waited until all the guys are together. The last to arrive is Josh. That isn’t out of the ordinary for him to be the last to arrive. I waited for him to get settled and talking with the others at the table. When I saw Bernice kiss him, I couldn’t handle it. I need to get in there and stop this as quickly as possible.

Heather might have lost her boyfriend to another guy. You can’t do anything about that. I have lost my boyfriend to another girl, and that I can do something about. I walked over to their table. I yelled out Josh’s name and before he could say a word I spoke up first. You can tell he didn’t want me around him by the look on his face.

“Hey Josh, can I speak with you guys for a minute please?”

Josh just looked at me. He doesn’t trust me, I can tell by the way he is looking at me. I know this is going to be an uphill battle but now I see it is going to be even harder than I originally thought.

“What do you want Elizabeth? No one here at the table really wants you here” Eric said in a hostile manner.

Just then this young skinny kid walked to the table. I have seen him sitting with the guys, but I thought it was just by accident. This kid looks like he could be broken in half by just touching him. Josh saw me looking at him, and he didn’t like it.

“Look Elizabeth what ever dirty trick you have in mind won’t work. Just leave us alone. You are not welcome here at this table” Josh said echoing Eric’s sentiments.

“I just want a chance to talk with you guys. I know I have been wrong and I want to apologize to each everyone of you for that. I should have taken my defeat and just left it alone. Instead I got petty and wanted to hurt you for the hurt you caused me. I see how wrong that is.”

Josh doesn’t look like he is buying what I am selling. In fact he looks like he is about to get up and throw me across the room. I decided to move away from him. He has never hit a girl before, but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be the first one.

“Look I agree with Josh here. They way you tried to play me against him when you thought we were in the outs with each other. No you can’t be trusted Elizabeth. I am telling everyone at this table. Don’t trust her as far as you can throw her!” Eric stated with firm conviction.

Eric looked at everyone at the table as he said his last words. I knew Eric is going to side with Josh on what ever Josh decided to do. So what I need to do is knock off the others to my side before I go for Josh and Eric. Once I get Josh, Bernice will follow.

“Look, I am trying to reach out. I am not going to stop trying to correct the wrong I did. I just wanted to let you know and please just give me a chance to explain myself to each of you. I know I don’t deserve that from any of you, but I know you guys are better than me.”

With that I walked away to leave them thinking. If I push to hard these guys are going to figure me out. If I also don’t push enough, they will know something is up. I have to find a nice balance between the two. I believe I have just done that.

I rejoined the other cheerleaders. They just looked at me as I sat down.

“Look, I now see my behavior in past was wrong. I hear you guys that I was being a total bitch. I promise I am trying to change my ways. My first fix needs to be with those I first screwed everything up with.”

Just like at Josh’s table, here the others just looked at me. I know they think I have something up me sleeve. I need to show them they are wrong when they actually are right. This is going to be a tricky; a tight rope for me to balance, but I will.

(JOSHUA’S POINT OF VIEW)

Once Elizabeth left the table became alive again. I don’t know how to explain it, but when she walked over, it’s like she brought a cloud of hate with her. I know I am being over dramatic about this, but that is how it felt.

After Elizabeth departed we all started talking about everything except what had just happened. I felt Chris’s hand touching my shoulder. He leaned in and whispered where the other couldn’t hear, “Josh can we talk alone for a few minutes please?”

I turned and just nodded my head up and down in the positive. We gathered our stuff, excused ourselves from the table and walked toward the hallway. Whatever is bothering Chris, it has to be big. He knows how I feel about being seen alone by others. I am not ashamed of Chris I just don’t want rumors to start floating around.

Once we made it to the corner of the hall I turned and faced Chris. He just doesn’t look to good. I am now getting a little worried.

“What’s up Chris that we need to speak in private?”

“I have needed to talk with you since Friday, but couldn’t get you alone. I thought maybe we could talk on Saturday, and again Coach was being protective and pulled me away. This is the only chance I can think of to get you alone.

I just found out that my dad got released from jail. He can actually get me back in a couple of months. All he has to do is complete some courses and the judge will give him custody over me once again.”

I just looked Chris not being able to understand how the court system could do a thing like this. They know what kind of man Chris’ dad is. People like him don’t change their ways. More so, they don’t change their ways overnight.

“Chris, damn, I really don’t know what I can say about this. I am sure the courts will see that your dad is unfit to be your guardian and they will never give him custody over you again.”

“Don’t count on it Josh. The same court system you are talking about actually let him out of jail. They had enough to put him away without a sweat, but yet, here we are. No Josh, I am afraid they are going to do just what my dad wants them to do and give me back to him when he completes the classes.”

I couldn’t think straight. I don’t know what Chris thinks I can do. There is really no magic pill that can be given to get rid of this issue but I see where he is coming from. The same court system I think won’t give his father custody is the same court system that released him from jail without any time or charges pending.

Just when I thought there wasn’t a solution a thought came to me. I think Chris thinks that I am crazy because I am smiling.

“Come with me Chris. I think I have a solution to this problem.”

Chris just looked at me as I started walking out the middle entrance of the building. I started walking fast; Chris is having a hard time keeping up with me. Not even looking out for the traffic, I crossed the street to the ROTC building. There is one person I am looking for and he is always in the ROTC building in the morning.

When we walked in, I spotted him sitting in the desk at the far end of the large class room. I walked right over to the desk. Standing over the desk I finally spoke up.

“I am sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you can help me out.”

Joey Alvarez looked up at me. The poor guy doesn’t even know me, and here I am asking him to help me out.

“Look Joey I know you don’t know me, but we really need your help with something.”

“If I can help I will. Take a seat and tell me what is going on.”

I knew just a little about this guy, but what I knew is enough. He is good friends with the student that just sued the state and school district. They won the law suit and we are already seeing the outcome of it with the dismissal of our school principal and the District Attorney being relieved from his position!

“I know you don’t know me, but I need to see if you can help me out….”

I started explaining everything to Joey about Chris’s problem. I started from the beginning. At least the beginning I thought is the beginning. Every so often I look over to Chris for him to give feed back. All he did is shake his head in agreement to what I had just said. He asked me for my help, but yet he isn’t willing to talk.

“Look guys I don’t know what you think I can do for you. Except to tell you to get a good attorney and fight it.”

“I heard you are good friends with the guy that sued the school and City. You have to know how to get things done.”

“I am not the one that sued these guys. My good friend Jacob Hernandez’ grandfather did. I just went along for the ride.”

“Ok can you put us in touch with Jacob Hernandez then?”

“I am afraid I can’t do that. He took off for the fear of his life. He doesn’t even know what his grandfather did. Look I wish I could help, but there is just nothing I can do for you guys.”

I just looked at Joey not understanding what is going on. The only solution I had is now out the window. I thought Joey had it in good with the Hernandez family and he could help us out. I heard that Jacob had taken off a while ago.

I looked over to Chris and nodded my head for him to follow me out. There isn’t really much more we can do here but say out thanks and leave. Just as Chris and I got to the end of the desks, Joey stopped us.

“I am not promising you anything, but I will talk with Jacob’s grandfather. If anyone can help, it is him. He is the one with the connections.”

“Thank you so much Joey. We will wait for you to get back with us. We are always either in the…..”

“I know where to find you when I have an answer. Again I am not promising you anything can be done so don’t get your hopes up.”

Chris and I thanked him and left. We might have a chance after all. We could only hope for that. Then I thought of another idea, but this one I will keep in my pocket until I have no other choices left.

As usual after swim team practice I met Bernice and we headed to my house. I know Bernice noticed that I wasn’t paying attention her as she talked. I didn’t mean to be an ass like that, but I have so many things going through my mind I can barely keep my mind on any one thing right now.

“Maybe if you tell me what is bothering you Josh, I can help you.”

I looked at her feeling like crap. I didn’t want to ignore her as she talked.

“I am sorry Bernice for being an ass. I just have so much on my mind right now from the news my dad told us on Friday, to whatever game Elizabeth is playing, to the news Chris told me today. I just can’t keep my mind on one thing right now.”

“I think the news about your dad is pretty cool. I will know the first family of Texas. I just hope when your dad wins, and yes you heard me right; your dad is going to win you won’t move to Austin to live.

As far as Elizabeth, don’t give it a second thought. That is what she wants. She wants to get under our skin like a tick. Don’t let her win Josh. So far you have beaten her and that is why she is doing this.”

“I know you are right on all topics. I just have one of those minds that over thinks everything it gets told.”

“I know and I have gotten used to you. As far as the thing about Chris, you really haven’t told me much about it.”

The rest of the way to my house, I told her what Chris told me. Just like me, the look her face could only be described as disbelief. I myself still can’t believe the courts let Chris’s dad out without doing any time.

There are times like tonight I wish I had more time with Bernice. She has a way on settling me down. She gets me to think on just one subject, get it resolved and then moving onto the next subject at hand.

As always, time with her flew. Before we knew it, it was time for her to leave. I walked her to the car saying goodbye. I kissed her as her father greeted me. Once again he invited me to sing at his church, and once again a respectfully declined his invitation.

Just as I shut the door, I heard my mom call that dinner is ready. Daniel and Carlos walked out of the living room and Brandon came rushing down the stairs. He and I walked in and took our seats to eat.

All through dinner not much got said about the topic I know is on everyone’s mind. I know my dad had the meeting with those that asked him to run today. But I don’t know if he actually told them that he does want to run.

After dinner my dad called me into the study to talk. I figured this was coming. All weekend long I saw in my dads eyes that he wanted to talk with me, but we never did. Now here comes the talk he has wanted to have with me.

(DANIEL SR’s POINT OF VIEW)

It didn’t long for Leonard James and his group to show up. I told Ms. Kindle to let me know once they arrived. Ms. Kindle rang me to let me know they had arrived. Moments later they walked into my office.

“Good morning General Lopez, I hope you had a pleasant weekend!”

“I did have a very good weekend. How about all of you? How was your weekend in a city you probably haven’t visited much?”

“We found enough to do in order to pass the time. We thought of going to Juarez, but decided against it.”

“That was a smart decision. If you don’t know your way around, no, even if you DO know your way around, you can get lost in that town” I replied with a touch of levity.

“That is what we heard General. Well give me the news no matter good or bad. What have you decided about what we asked about?”

“Are you sure that there isn’t going to be anyone else wanting to take this decision to the voters of Texas? The Republican Party lost their nominee. Some might think they could run for the ticket in another primary.”

“General, trust me when I say no one is going to run for this position. We checked with everyone that even thought of running, who ran, or had the position before. No one has any intention to run for it.”

“Ok then; I spoke with my wife and family over the weekend. Now before I let you know what has been decided, I want you guys to know where I stand on some issues.”

I explained to Mr. James where I stood on some issues that weren’t the usual Republican stance. The issues ran the gamut from gay rights to the death penalty. I even covered my feelings about abortion. I really don’t think most of this is going to come up in this election campaign, but still I needed to let them know I had no plans on changing my opinion on these issues.

“So now you guys know I have many beliefs that go along with the mainstream Republican Party but I have a few that are either in the middle or more leaning toward the Democratic party’s position. Do you all agree and still want to offer me the nomination?”

“We already pretty much knew where you stood on those topics General Lopez. Before we walked into this office, we looked you over. We didn’t want any more surprises coming up in this election. So no, we have no problem with you beliefs.”

“Well then you have yourself a nominee for your ticket!”

Everyone stood up shaking one another’s hands. They seemed pretty pleased with the outcome here. As soon as everyone shook each others hands, we got down to business; where and when I plan to make my announcement to run and on and on!

I made it clear the announcement has to be here In El Paso, but where exactly I left up to them. I also wanted to meet with the Democrat that is running. I want to sit and talk with him about the race. The mud slinging, if he chooses to do some, I would like it to be only directed at me. In other words leave my family out of it. They are not the ones running for the position; I am.

Everything got agreed upon, making the meeting run faster. From now on we won’t meet in this office. I will need to set up campaign headquarters here and in each city. Staff was talked about, but not decided on.

The final decision agreed on is when the announcement is going to be made. We decided to make it on Wednesday. Now we have to decide where to make it. They are leaving it in my corner to figure out that one detail.

Mr. James and the rest thanked me as they left. I now have obligated myself to run for the highest position in the State. I still can’t believe I am going to do this.

During dinner I couldn’t help but think how I will miss this; miss sitting with my family talking about really nothing that matters to anyone else except us. Every so often I looked over to Josh and saw there is something bothering him. I worry the most about him because he let’s everything bother him. He has a big heart that at times it hurts him more then it helps him.

After dinner I asked Josh to come in and speak with me. He looked scared when I asked him to talk with me. I need to find a way to make him feel more comfortable talking with me when ever he feels a need to talk with someone.

“Josh all through dinner I noticed you have something weighing you down. Can you tell me son where I might be able to help?”

I spoke up first as we made our way to sit down. Josh just looked at me. I can tell he is getting his thoughts together. Then he spoke. He told me everything from what Elizabeth did today to what is going on with is friend Chris.

“Son talking out of experience, leopards can’t change their spots, and son, she is a cat of the first order from all I have heard about her.”

“What do you mean dad, a cat?”

Well son what you have told me and Brandon, she strikes me as a person that only wants to be cared for and pampered only when she wants something and it is always about them and nothing and nobody else.”

“Yeah that is her for sure. That is why I don’t want to give her the benefit of the doubt. She always has something up her sleeve.”

“Always go with your gut feeling when you know someone. Ninety nine percent of the time you won’t go wrong when you do that. As far as Chris I will see if I can reach out to some friends. We might be able to stop the courts giving his dad custody of him.”

“Thank you dad, you don’t know how much this means. I won’t say a word to my friend until you tell me if anything can be done.”

“Sounds like a plan to me Josh. Now I need to talk with you about something very important. As you know I said yes to running for the Governorship of Texas as a Republican. I want to meet with the other guy I am running against and make a deal not to get in the mud. I really don’t think he will agree with it.

So I am concerned for you Josh. I really don’t know how to ask or even go about this. I have read and talked with many on this subject. But I still don’t know how to ask. So I am just going ask you straight out.

Please do understand I will love you no matter what your answer is on this. You are my son and nothing will ever change that. I want to be the kind of father you can sit with and tell anything to. I hope we will get there one day.”

I couldn’t believe that tears started rolling down my cheeks when I saw tears rolling down Josh’s face. He looks so scared, he started shaking really bad. I grabbed hold of his hands trying to support him and for him to feel what I feel. I love him no matter what.

“Josh please understand I love you so much. I will do anything to keep you and all my kids happy with no hurt in their lives. But this hurt is coming and I want you to know I will have your back no matter what. Are you………”

TO BE CONTINUED…………………

{Holly crap the worst day in any of our lives has come to Josh. Is Josh’s dad going to actually ask him if he is gay? If he does, how will Josh react to the question? We read already Josh is tearing up, shaking really bad. Josh is so scared of what is about to happen here with his farther.

Many of us have gone through what Josh is going through right now. So we can actually put ourselves in his shoes. Only if Josh had another way out of this then what is being given to him.

Then there is Elizabeth up to her old games. She is trying something new, but it will fail, I hope. As long as Josh stays on his toes and keeps a close eye on her, she won’t succeed. But I might be wrong because Josh has so much going on in his life right now. This is the right time for her to try and wedge her way in.

Chris is having his own problems. We have known for a while that his dad got released, but the Coach just found out. What is up with that? Why doesn’t the court system protect the law abiding citizens like they should? Here we are where Chris might have to go back with his father and that sucks! (and not in the NICE way! Ed.)

Josh’s mom wasn’t much in this chapter, if not at all. Now that Daniel Sr. is going to be away from home running for the governorship, she has control again. Once she finds out that she has a gay son, how will she react to the truth? Remember how she acted when she feared Josh could be turned gay. If she knows that he is gay a whole different picture may emerge entirely.

I could stay here all day with all the open plots already in this story, but I won’t. I warn you though! Don’t skip a chapter, or you will be lost. There is a so much to answer in the chapters to come. Keep reading the future chapters, and enjoy! Please email me and let me know how I am doing at jacobmillertex@aol.com, Thanks!}
EDITOR’S CORNER:

 

I couldn’t resist sticking a zinger into Jacob’s notes above. Pardon my warped sense of humor!

Jacob has said it all, I think. There’s not much for me to add. I did like seeing Joey appear in a cameo appearance from Jacob’s other story. I wonder what our dear author has up his sleeve with the two stories going…..

Ok…enough of my ramblings…the next chapter is in my queue to edit. I’m impatient to see the outcome of Josh and his dad’s conversation.

Until next time….

“Daddy” Rick

Copyright © 2013 JacobMillerTex; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow he had to deal with the teen bitch, find out that there's a high chance that his boyfriend is going to be sent back to his father who has already tried to kill him. The chance that he had to help him may not pan out and now he is having the Gay talk from he'll with his dad. Can his day get any worse

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..