Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Shadow of my Father - 34. Chapter 34

Before Josh could even get through the door, his grandmother called out for him. Josh found her in the study holding the phone out to him and mouthing that it's his father on the phone. Josh quickly got the phone from his grandmother and sat down.

“Hello dad, how are you doing down there? We really miss you being here and wish that you’re with us. We do understand though why you need to be away and we support you on that.” Josh sat down in the chair that his dad normally sits in.

“I am doing great son, and it is good to hear your voice. I heard the bad news that you guys took second place tonight. Don't you guys let those others get under your skin like they tried to do with you after they won. You guys deserved being part of my inauguration, and there is no question about that.”

“Thank you dad, it really means a lot hearing that from you. It's just hard to take second place after all the practicing we did. Plus I stood up to Mister Edgar and told him that we truly ready for tonight. Then we go over there and take second place. Mister Edgar will never again take me at my word.”

“Don't you worry about that son! Mister Edgar is a very smart guy and he understands what happened at the competition isn’t your fault. This school that beat you tonight, I understand has won for several years now in a row. When you guys face them again at state and beat them there will be no question who should have won here tonight.”

Josh and his father spoke a little longer about state and his father gave him permission to go. His father only had one condition, and that condition is that he follows everything that Jonathan in his security detail asks of him. Josh of course agreed with his father before his brothers joined him in the study.

Daniel spoke with everyone. Once Josh put the phone on speaker. One of the things that his father covered with them is their final semester grades. Not one of his kids got lower than a B+ and that made Daniel happy. So happy that he told them that he will be giving them extra on their allowance this month! Nobody wanted to say goodbye to their father, but they did and told him how much they love him.

As Josh walked out of the study, he ran right into Cesar. Josh just looked at Cesar, smiled and walked into the den to watch TV. Cesar followed Josh confused about what he just did. Cesar thought that Josh understood why he couldn't go to his competition. If Josh is angry because of that it isn't really Cesar's fault.

Cesar joined Josh on the couch and immediately realized Josh isn't angry with him. Josh pulled Cesar close and wrapped his arms around him. They sat there in the den together and not really paying attention to what is on TV. Instead they started to thumb wrestle each other and just started to go into their own little world.

Before they knew it, Rose walked in and told everyone it's time to go to bed. Josh and Cesar were the last ones to get up from the couch and head up to bed. As they got undressed, they looked at each other and wanted the same thing. They want each other so much they are willing to break the rules, but common sense prevailed and they just went to bed just giving each other a very long passionate kiss.

Elizabeth invited all the freshman cheerleaders for a sleepover. She decided to try to use this opportunity of the sleep over to correct what Patrick said about her. Every chance she got through the evening she tried to denounce what was said about her at lunch. The more and more she tried to defend herself the more it looked like her friends don’t believe her. She just gave up beating around the bush and just came straight at them.

“We all have known each other since pre-school. We have told each other about every one of our secrets no matter how good or bad they are. You have seen the boys I have dated before Josh and how I help you guys with your boyfriends. You should know that I am not gay and what that little shit Patrick said about me is untrue.”

“We honesty believe you Elizabeth, but we heard what Patrick said about you spying on him and Frank and you standing outside of their house and watching them have sex. I saw your face and I know they hit a nerve with you. I know that part of what Patrick said is true. Why would you spy on anyone, and even less two gay guys having sex?”

“Emma, you’re right about the part of me watching those two having sex. You and I know each others thoughts as we think them. We can’t lie to each other because we catch each other every time. I did stand outside their window and watched them have sex. I have no excuse for that, except pleading stupid.”

The girls just looked at each other more confused than before. It looks like Elizabeth just made her situation even worse by admitting to watching Patrick and Frank have sex. She tried to back step, but the damage has been done. Lucky for her, Emma changed the subject to which actor has the greatest butt.

Elizabeth gave her opinion, but most of the time she got ignored by the other girls. She finally just gave up and sat back listening to them speak. Emma noticed that Elizabeth is feeling left out and isolated. She scooted over to Elizabeth to talk with her.

“Look I know that you’re not gay and I know the girls know that as well. Just give them time and they will stop acting like little bitches. The more you try to explain yourself to them, the more you look guilty. Just drop it for now and be your self. In a couple of weeks, maybe sooner, something else will happen to get their little bitty minds off of you and onto the new scandal.”

“I know that you’re right, but the luck I have been having lately is bad. First I get attacked and end up losing all of my hair. The principal is just sweeping it under the rug. I didn’t expect anything more than that from him. Now Patrick getting the balls to stand up to me like he did! That would not have ever happened if that little snot didn’t do what she did to me.”

“You do know who painted your hair and wrote on your face. You need to tell me and the girls where we can get revenge on her. We got to make it clear that no one touches us, because if they do, they will get worse back than they gave.”

“No Emma thanks, but I am going to get her back myself. I already know what I am going to do. When I get done with this girl, she won’t even show herself at school again. When that happens, you guys and the entire school will know.”

“Fine, just make sure what ever you do is done soon. You can’t afford to let this stand much longer, because people are already talking. I think that is one of the reasons the girls don’t want to believe you. They are looking for any reason to distance themselves from you. Just get it done soon and they will come back to your corner.”

Elizabeth agreed with Emma, as she got the girls to bring Elizabeth back into the conversation. The rest of the evening, Elizabeth thought when it would be best to get her revenge on Bernice. She came to a conclusion to enact her plans on Monday.

Josh woke up a little after one and couldn’t get back to sleep. He crawled out of his bed and walked over to Cesar’s. He crawled under the covers, wrapping his arms around Cesar and fell back to sleep. He didn’t wake up again until they heard Jonathan asking them to get up and out of the bed.

Cesar kicked off the covers and started to stretch when he hit Josh in the face. He couldn’t believe that Josh isn’t in his own bed bed. He looked at Jonathan and knew right there and than, why he is so angry. Cesar quickly got out of bed, put on his pants and shirt before sitting back down on the bed. Josh did the same thing, but sat down on his bed instead. Jonathan walked in, shutting the door behind him.

“I don’t even know where to begin here. You boys not only know the rules, but agreed to follow them while your dad is gone Josh.” Jonathan looked over to Josh with anger and disappointment in his eyes. “You two broke the rules, and I don’t know how many times you guys did it. I am very disappointed in you two; I don’t even know what to say.

One thing is for sure, you two are not going to be sharing a room anymore. For now, Cesar you will be sleeping on the pull out bed in the den. Until we figure out something else to do with you two; that is how it is going to run.”

Josh looked down to the floor before looking at Cesar. When he looked up at Cesar he could see the hurt in his eyes. He is getting in trouble for something he didn’t even do. Josh knows that he needs to speak up, but not do it to a point that will make matters worse. Josh knows that he needs to choose his words correctly.

“Jonathan, Cesar had no idea I crawled into his bed last night, I mean early this morning. I woke up and couldn’t get back to sleep. So I crawled into bed with Cesar in hopes that I would get sleepy again. I did, I actually fell asleep in his bed instead of mine. We didn’t do anything with each other Jonathan.”

“I don’t care Josh. You guys know the rules. You broke them, and now you have to deal with the outcome. So Cesar grab your stuff and I will move things around in the closet in the hallway. I don’t want you to have any excuse to be in this room. From now on you boys are not allowed to be alone in this room.”

Josh stood up and walked up to Jonathan. “My father left you in charge to make sure we are secure, but not to punish us. If I am not mistaken, he made it clear to you, your sister and my grandmother that he will hand out the punishment if needed. He did that with my mother and he is doing the same with you guys.”

Jonathan just looked at Josh, not understanding where this is coming from. He looked over to Cesar and sees that he is just as confused. Josh stepped away and sat back down on the bed. He looked at Jonathan to see what he has to say now.

“Okay, if you want your father involved on this I have no problem with that. Why don't we head down to the study and call him. I can promise you that he won’t be happy being bothered with this.”

Josh got up from his bed, followed by Cesar and they walked out of the room following Jonathan down to the study. Soon as they walked in Jonathan picked up the phone and dialed Daniel's personal number at the mansion. Several rings later, Daniel picked up the phone. When Daniel said hello, you could hear other people in the background.

“Mister Governor Sir, I am sorry for bothering you on a Saturday morning. I know that you’re a busy man, but something has come up that needs your attention.” Jonathan spoke as Cesar and Josh listened in.

“What is it that you need this morning Jonathan? I have several state congressmen and senators in my office.”

“If you want I can call you at another time when you're not so busy. It's something dealing with Josh and Cesar but it's not that important. This can wait until you’re able to speak without an audience present.”

Before Daniel said anything to Jonathan you could hear him ask the people in his office to step out for a few minutes. You can hear them actually getting up, grabbed their stuff and walking out. Once the door closed to the office, Daniel got back on to the line.

“I will never be too busy when it comes down to my kids. What is it that you need to speak with me about Josh and Cesar?”

“Like I said I thought I could deal with this here without you being bothered but Josh asked for you to get involved. This morning, I went into Josh's room to wake him and Cesar up to get ready for breakfast. I found Josh and Cesar's bed sound asleep. I woke them up and told them that they broke a rule.

For breaking that rule, I told them that Cesar will no longer be sleeping in the room. For now on, he will be sleeping in the den on the pull out bed. Josh did not agree with it and asked me to talk with you about this.”

“Boys, you guys know the rules and one of those rules you agreed to was to not sleep in the same bed. I allowed you guys to share a room, but not a bed. I don't see anything wrong with what Jonathan has done here. Why do you feel that Jonathan is wrong in this matter Josh?”

“Dad, first of all he didn't even let us explain what happened. When I finally told him what happened he still felt his original decision was right. I have no problem listening to Jonathan because you have told us to do so but at the same time, he can’t punish us before hearing what had happened.”

“Well then you tell me why you were sleeping in Cesar's bed with you were not supposed to. I don't see a valid excuse for are you doing this Josh.”

“I woke up early this morning, and I could not get back to sleep dad. I tried and tried, but no matter what I did got me back to sleep. Without Cesar knowing I got up and crawled into his bed to see if I could get tired again. It worked because I actually fell back to sleep without wanting to in Cesar's bed.”

“Okay Josh, I have heard you on why you did what you did. Why don't you and Cesar leave the room that way Jonathan and I can speak?”

Josh and Cesar got up and left the room. Daniel did not speak until he heard the door open and close. Once he felt comfortable that Josh and Cesar had left the room. He cleared his throat and started to speak.

“I know having to take care of someone else's kids is a lot of work. More so the kids being your boss’ kids! When I sat in that study and hired you and your sister to be the ones in charge in the house I made it very clear that whenever my kids do something wrong you’re to call me and I decide the punishment.

You have been doing a great job so far. Only a few things have fallen through the cracks like that teacher actually getting that close to my son with a gun and Elizabeth being able to slap my son. Those small mistakes show the result of someone getting close to hurt or kill my kids. You can’t have those small mistakes happen any more.”

“I understand sir and I promise you it won’t happen again. I'm not going to blame anyone but myself. We are still working out flaws, but these flaws are huge ones.”

“I really do believe that I am a person that you can come up and talk to. When you spoke with me about the teacher, I did not get angry with you. I simply told you not to let it happen again. Then Elizabeth gets close enough and slaps my son again. You don’t tell me this happened, but your boss did. I don't care if it's something as minor as a splinter in any of my kids’ body parts I want to know about it.

Let's leave that alone because I have said my peace on it. We need to move on to the issue of Josh and Cesar. They did break the rule that they agreed to follow. At the same time, these kids are just that kids growing into manhood. Don't forget how it was being a teenager and all the hormones.

You told me what was going on between Patrick and Frank and I believe they were doing that because they couldn't do in the privacy of their own home. I don’t want Josh and Cesar to have sex in a place that's dirty or somewhere they can be caught. There isn’t a thing you or I can do to keep them from having sex.

Make it clear to them that they can’t be sleeping in the same bed. At the same time you're going to give them a second chance to stay in the same room. Make it sound like you’re the one that is making the decision, not me. I don’t want them to think they don't have to listen to you, but again remember, whenever punitive action is needed, call me and I will tell you what to do.”

Jonathan agreed with Daniel and hung up the phone. He walked out to find Josh and Cesar in the living room talking with Josh's grandmother. Jonathan walked in, in hopes that Rose would leave, but she didn't. So Jonathan walked around and stood in front of Josh and Cesar. Both the boys looked up at Jonathan to see what the verdict is.

“You guys know that you broke the rule, and we can’t have that. At the same time, I think of myself as fair minded person. After speaking things over with your father Josh, I believe I was too rough with you guys earlier. You two can still share a room, but not, a bed. Don’t sleep in each others’ bed together.”

Both Cesar and Josh nodded their heads at the same time. Jonathan took that as them agreeing with him. He walked out of the living room and over to the guard shack. He slammed the door as he walked in. His detail jumped up from their seats when they heard the door slamming shut.

“I will never again get my ass chewed for a mistake you guys make. Before you can make another mistake, you will be searching for another job. The Governor just chewed me out over Elizabeth getting close enough to slap his son. I was not even there when that happened, yet I got in trouble for it because I am in charge.

From this moment on, no one gets close enough to any of the Governor's family, even if they are on our list, if they look like they're trouble. We will treat them as if they are on our list. As far as Elizabeth is considered that little girl won’t get within hundred feet of Josh or his friends! If you see her lurking around take her down immediately!”

Josh went back upstairs to get ready for breakfast. After washing his face, combing his hair and putting on his shoes. He headed back downstairs to wait for his grandmother call him in for breakfast. As he sat and waited in the den, Cesar did the same thing that Josh just did. He joined Josh in the den watching television.

Right after breakfast, Chris and Rusty showed up. Soon after that, Bernice and Eric found their way to Josh's house. All they did at first is hang around in the backyard, but they grew tired of it quickly. They found themselves asking each other what to do next. No one could agree on where to go or what to do.

“Every weekend we go through this and end up going to the mall or to the movies. I would like to do something different today. I don't want to be going to the same places over and over again every weekend,” Eric said and got up, kicking at the dirt.

The main thing that keeps them from really doing anything is the fact that Josh needs to let his security detail know ahead of time. So when someone offers an idea on what to do, it gets knocked down each and every single time.

Josh would get up and ask Jonathan if he could go to whatever place they all wanted to go, but Jonathan said ‘no’ each time Josh asked him. Jonathan gave the same reason each time. He needs more than just a few minutes notice if they are going to go somewhere. He wants at least a week in advance so he can get security in place to protect Josh!

Eric finally had enough and left. Since Bernice came with Eric, she left with him. Shortly after Eric and Bernice left, Chris and Rusty got ready to leave. They decided to go to the flea market at Fox Plaza to fool around. Before they left, they asked Josh and Cesar one last time if they want to go with them.

Cesar really wants to go, but just the same he doesn’t want to leave Josh alone. Josh told Cesar to go and have fun. He explained it by telling him at least one of them should be able to enjoy themselves. Cesar got up and looked back at Josh sitting on the ground in the back yard. Cesar felt bad; this is twice now that they can’t do anything together because of the security issue.

Once Cesar, Chris and Rusty left, Josh walked back into the house. He walked past his grandmother and up to his room. Rose just looked at her grandson feeling bad that he can’t be a normal teenager. She fears that he will eventually lose his friends due to the fact they can’t go anywhere without everyone looking at them.

Martha moved around her cell in protective custody thinking about what she should do. She knows that her attorneys are telling her the blunt truth; a truth that she still isn't ready to accept as her reality! She still feels that she was right for what she did the day she tried to kill her son. Nothing anyone has told her has gotten her to change her mind on that.

Her arms got tired after wheeling around her wheel chair back and forth, Martha decided to call the only friend that she has on the outside. After several rings, her friend picked up the phone and accepted the collect call charges. Once the operator patched them through, the conversation quickly moved to what Martha should do next.

“I spoke with my attorney and he feels that I really have no chance on getting out of here. Even if I beat the charges I am in here for now, according to my attorney the District Attorney has plenty of more charges to charge me with. He feels that I will never see the light of day in the free again.”

“That I don’t understand Martha. I spoke with your attorney late last night at a function and he sounded positive about your case. In fact he told me that you have a bail hearing on Tuesday. You just hold on a little longer, and we will get you out of there.”

“Oh man, you better not be pulling my leg on the bail hearing. He must have found out after meeting with me, because he didn’t give me the news. He told me he is going to set it up, but that’s all. Do you really think I will get bail on Tuesday?”

“According to your attorney, he really believes so. It will be high, but we can go to a bails bonds man to get you out of there. I know that you have enough collateral to put up to get you to the ten percent of the bail. Once we are there, you have enough savings that I can pull out and pay for the cash part of the bond.”

“Heck yeah, I am willing to put up everything I can to get bailed out of here. That way I can help in my defense. Being locked up in here, I can’t do a damn thing. My ex-husband is out there brainwashing my kids against me. I need to be able to have a chance to speak with Jr., Carlos and Brandon to tell them my side of the story.”

“I am pretty sure if you get bail honey, you won’t be allowed around your kids until you’re found not guilty in court. Also I think you might need to change your plea in order to get bail. Your attorney will explain all that when you see him Tuesday.”

“Heck according to him, no matter if I get found not guilty under my insanity pleas, I will still go to prison to serve my time. I have no problem changing my plea if that gives me a chance to walk out of here during my trial. If I am found guilty, I will be serving my time in the same place no matter what.”

Both of the ladies spoke a little longer on what they should do on Tuesday. They agreed that both of them should be in court on that day. Just in case if she does get bail, her friend can start working on getting her out. Martha concluded the call with hopes that she will be out on Tuesday night.

As she hung up the phone, she couldn’t stop hoping that she will get bail. She moved back into her room and looked up from her wheel chair. She started to prey, asking the man above to get her out of this horrible place on Tuesday. If he did, she will live by the teachings of the bible. Just help her get out, and she will do whatever the bible tells her.

Right before dinner, Rose called Josh down for a phone call. Josh at first thought it is his father on the line to let him know that there is going to be a punishment for what Jonathan found this morning, but it was not his father. He got the phone from his grandmother and heard Cesar’s voice on the other end. It sounds like they are having fun where they are at.

Cesar spoke with a shaky voice. “Hey Josh, I am sorry, but I won’t be home for dinner. We met up with Bernice and Eric here at the flea market. We decided to go and grab something to eat and after that. We are going to go to the roller rink. I probably won’t be home until late. So maybe you should not wait up for me.”

“That’s cool Cesar, have fun and I will see you tomorrow morning for breakfast.” Josh stood there in the den shaking a little.

The boys said their goodbyes and hung up the phone. Josh went back upstairs to get ready for dinner. After dinner, Josh hung out in the den watching television before heading off to bed. Even his brothers are out with their girlfriends for the evening. That made Josh feel in more isolated than before.

As he got ready for bed, he kept looking over to Cesar’s bed. He is already so used to seeing Cesar in that bed just looking at him. Josh jumped into bed; cover him self and just stared up at the ceiling. His mind in a tail spin of so many thoughts going through it all at once yet he finally fell asleep.

The sun light started to penetrate the blinds in Josh’s room. As the rays hit Josh’s face, he woke up to another day. Josh rubbed his eyes and as he stretched he looked over to Cesar’s bed to find it empty. He jumped out of bed and walked over to Cesar’s bed. He can see that the bed hasn’t even been slept in.

He quickly got dressed, ran out of his room to see why Cesar isn’t in his bed. He thought that Jonathan decided to go back to his original decision and make Cesar sleep downstairs on the pull out bed. He ran into the living room and didn’t find Cesar in there. He walked over to the den and again he didn’t find Cesar. He sat down on the couch trying to figure at where Cesar could be.

Josh got so deep in thought; he didn’t hear his grandmother walk in. She sat down on the chair looking at her grandson. Josh snapped out of his thoughts when he felt someone grab his hand. He looked over to see his grandmother sitting there looking at him.

“Josh, you’re so much like your father, always in deep thought. What is bothering you this morning that is causing you to be in your mind? I know that you’re trying to figure it out by yourself, just like your father does.”

“Nothing grandma, I just am wondering where Cesar is at. He isn’t upstairs in the room or anywhere down here. When I spoke with him yesterday, he told me that he would be in late, but he isn’t even here. I really don’t know what to think with him not being here.”

“He called last night after you went to bed and asked to stay over at Eric’s. Jonathan gave him permission to stay over there. So as you can see, there isn’t a thing to worry about. He is with friends safe and sound.”

Josh smiled as he got up from the couch. He walked out of the den and back up to his room. He sat back on his bed and just starred over to Cesar’s bed. He can’t help but think he needs to get used to this. From now on his life is going to be like this. He won’t be able to go anywhere with his friends like he used to.

Most of the day, Josh spent it in his room doing his homework. He didn’t get it done on Friday because of the competition. Once he completed his homework, he just sat on his bed getting ahead in reading the book they got assigned to read in English class.

At one point, Josh got tired of being cooped up in his room; he went to see what Brandon is up to. He found that Brandon left earlier with his friends to hang at the park. He walked over to Daniel and Carlos’ room, but they are not there either. Josh ended up going back to his room and reading some more.

By the time Josh got called down for dinner, he started to wonder again where Cesar is. He walked down and ate dinner in silence with his brothers and grandmother. After dinner, he tried to watch TV, but his mind isn’t in it. He kept thinking about Cesar and why he hasn’t come home yet, or at least called.

Just as the movie started, Cesar walked in with Chris, Rusty, Bernice and Eric laughing at whatever they are talking about. They walked past the den and right into the kitchen. They made themselves at home by putting together sandwiches to eat. None of them even bothered to call Josh over; they just sat there talking as if this is Cesar’s home.

Josh left the den and headed upstairs to get ready for school. After taking a shower and setting out his clothes for the next day, Josh crawled into bed. He looked over at the clock on the night stand to see what time it is. To his surprise it is actually nine thirty and Cesar isn’t even upstairs getting ready for school.

Josh tried to keep himself awake, but he eventually fell asleep. He didn’t wake up again until the alarm clock went off. He pulled himself out of bed looking over to find Cesar asleep in his bed. Josh got up and got dressed like he always does before waking up Cesar. Once Josh got dressed, he walked over to Cesar and woke him up for school.

Cesar kicked off the covers and pulled himself out of bed. He looked over at Josh and saw that Josh doesn’t look very happy. He doesn’t look mad, but more hurt than anything else. He got up and walked over to Josh to see what is going on.

“Good morning, thank you for waking me up. I actually slept right through the alarm clock. It is good to see your lovely face first thing in the morning.” Cesar tried to wrap his arms around Josh, but Josh moved away. “What is wrong with you this morning? Please tell me what I did wrong so I don’t do it again.”

“You’re making it sound like all I do is complain about one thing or another. The way you word your question sounds like I did something wrong now. You know Cesar, you can go to hell. I won’t let you make me out to be the bad guy here.”

Josh sat down on his bed and put on his shoes. Once he got his shoes on, he grabbed his book bag and started to head out of the room when Cesar grabbed him. Cesar pulled Josh back into the room and closed the door.

“You put me in a bad position on Saturday. You can’t ever get kicked out of this house, but I can. With my father gone, I have no where else to go. I can’t afford to break the rules that your father set for us. Then you go and basically tell Jonathan to fuck off and cry to your farther. We should have just taken the punishment and left your father out of it. Now he knows and he won’t look at me like he used to.”

“You don’t even know me or my father if you think that. Jonathan is here to take care of the house security, not to hand out punishment. My mom was not allowed to do so when my father was off at war so why should he? I will no longer sit by and let someone think something wrong on what they see. He didn’t even give me or you a chance to explain what he is seeing, he just assumed.

I learned one very important lesson with my mother.” Josh started to tear up. “That lesson I will carry through my entire life. No one is lesser than another. I won’t be treated like a dog ever again in my life like my mother did to me. I don’t care who tries to, I won’t allow it to happen again.

Jonathan assumed that we had sex and punished us on that assumption. I know my father is fair and will listen to both sides of the story before he punishes anyone. I wanted a fair punishment, not what Jonathan did. So if you have a problem with the way I am, then maybe you should move out of our room.”

Josh broke free from Cesar’s hands and walked out of the room wiping his face. Cesar just sat there trying to figure out what in the hell Josh is talking about. He came to a conclusion that what ever Josh is talking about happened before they got together.

Cesar got dressed, grabbed his book bag and walked down for breakfast. Right when he walked into the kitchen, Josh got up and walked out. All of Josh’s brothers looked up and knew that the two are in a fight right now.

“Whatever you did, you need to apologize to Josh for it. Even if it isn’t your fault, you need to apologize.” Daniel looked straight at Cesar as he sat down.

“I don’t even really know what I did wrong. All I know is that Josh almost got us into trouble and he is now mad at me for that. He is the one that did wrong, and now I am being looked at being in the wrong. That is just fucked up man!”

Rose walked over to the table and gave Cesar his breakfast. “Sweetheart, you’re so lost, I don’t even know if you will find your way back without help. You think that Josh is angry about you being angry for getting caught being in bed together, you’re so wrong. If you told Josh that, you made him angry that you thought that.

You need to think really hard at what you did this weekend, think!” Rose looked at Cesar as he just looked at her with a loss look in his face. “You left your boyfriend alone all weekend long. Yes, Josh told you to go out and have fun since he couldn’t go, but not to even come home and spend one day with him? Come on!

Then, when you came home, you guys just walked right past him in the den and not even invite him over. Put yourself in his shoes and see how you would feel if he had done that to you. To top it all off, you did it in his own house with his own friends and one of those friends is his ex. You think he is mad? You’re wrong; he is hurting.”

Cesar looked at Rose realizing that he is the one that screwed up. He knew what he was getting into with Josh and his family. There is going to be times they can’t do things that they want to do and he needs to stand at Josh’s side even if Josh asks him to go out and have fun like he did this past weekend.

He ate as fast as he could so he could walk with Josh to school. He wants to talk with him and apologize to him for what happened this weekend, but when he walked to the door. Cesar found out that Josh left to school right after he walked out of the kitchen. Now he has to walk to school with Josh’s brothers and hope to talk with Josh before class.

When Cesar walked into the cafeteria he hoped to see Josh sitting at the table with their friends, but he isn’t there. He walked over with his tray and sat down. Eric and the others looked up and saw Cesar alone. They looked over to the line, but couldn’t see Josh anywhere.

“Hey Cesar what is going on? Where is Josh this morning?” Eric looked back to Cesar trying to figure out what is going on.

“He and I had our first major fight this morning. I thought he was mad about something else, but I was wrong.” Cesar is barely holding back his tears. “I really screwed up this weekend and now Josh is really upset about it.”

“Come on it can’t be that bad Cesar. We were together all weekend long and what we saw, you didn’t do anything wrong. Unless you did something did after we left.” Rusty chuckled has he hit Chris in the arm.

“That is just it; we hung out all weekend long and none of us even thought about Josh. Then we walked into his house and didn’t even bother to acknowledge him. Yeah he could have come over on his own, but we didn’t even stick our head into the den and say hello. What kind of boyfriend am I and what kind of friends are you?

We all damn well know that Josh won’t be able to go places at the spur of the moment. Instead of trying to figure out where he can go with us, some of you just stomped out in a fit. Others followed and didn’t even look back. I am just as much at fault and I need to fix it.”

No one said a word once Cesar spoke. What Cesar said sliced right to the bone, with each and every one of them. They love being around Josh when they could go to the Governor’s Mansion or free concerts and meet the singers. But when they should have given a little, they didn’t. Just like Cesar said, they just threw a fit and stomped out of his house.

After they finished eating, they hoped to find Josh in the library. When they walked in, they looked, but didn’t see Josh anywhere. They just figured that they will see Josh during first period and correct things with him.

Cesar left the guys in the library to try and catch Josh at the locker before first period. He walked up to the locker that they share, but again. He didn’t find Josh there. Cesar opened the locker, got his morning books and headed to his first period class. As he walked up to the classroom, he spotted Josh’s security detail. He smiled at them as he walked in to find Josh already sitting down in his desk.

Cesar walked straight to his desk and took his seat. Every time Cesar tried to start up a conversation with Josh, Josh would reply to that this isn’t the place. It started to frustrate Cesar, but he stopped trying to talk with Josh. He figured he will wait until lunch and pull him aside and get his point across.

The first bell rang and students started to take their seats. When the warning bell rang, Eric and Bernice walked into the classroom. They looked at both Cesar and Josh as they took their seats. As Eric walked past Cesar he felt nothing but coldness. He figured that the two hadn’t settled their issues.

Between classes, Cesar tried to talk with Josh, but again Josh would not talk about it. He would change the subject, but Cesar kept trying to change the subject back. As they headed to their third period class, Josh had enough of Cesar trying to talk about what they should have talked about in the morning before school.

He pulled Cesar aside at the lockers near their third period classroom. “I don’t know what part of what I have been telling you all morning that you don’t understand. This isn’t the place to talk about our problems. So stop trying to bring up the damn issue and just shut the hell up! You had your chance to talk with me this morning about this, and you went way off into left field of where I was at. So screw you, I won’t talk about this with you again.”

Josh walked to his third period class, leaving Cesar leaning against the lockers. When the warning bell rang, Cesar walked in and took his seat. He didn’t even look at Josh all through class. He got Josh’s message loud and clear. He won’t try and talk about what had happened last weekend anymore.

When the bell rang for lunch, Josh got up and walked over to his locker. Cesar followed Josh a couple feet back. As soon as Josh opened their locker, he put his books away and stepped back to let Cesar put his books away. Cesar closed the locker and ran to catch up to Josh in the hallway.

They walked into the cafeteria, grabbed their lunch and headed over to their table. Everyone looked up as Josh took his usual seat, but didn’t say a word to them. Eric looked over at Cesar to try and get a read off of him. All he could read is that whatever is going on between those two has gotten worse since this morning.

Like always, they walked out to the stadium after they finished eating to fool around. Chris tried to pull Josh into their conversation, but couldn’t. All Josh would do is nod or just answer one word to any thing they ask. Chris gave up, Bernice tried, Patrick, and even Rusty, but they had no luck.

Finally Eric had enough and walked up to Josh. He asked to speak with him alone and Josh agreed. They walked over to one side of the stadium. Josh leaned against the wall and looked out to the field. He didn’t even give Eric the time of day.

“I don’t know what is wrong with you today, but whatever it is you need to fix it. Cesar didn’t do anything wrong when he hung out with us over the weekend. If you think he cheated on you, you better think again. That kind of thinking will make you lose every boyfriend you get, if you haven’t lost Cesar already, Josh.

All we did is hang at the flea market, ate, went to the roller rink and went back to my house on Saturday. We watched movies all night until everyone fell asleep. On Sunday morning we woke up whenever we felt like it and went to the mall and just hung out without needing to get security to escort us everywhere.

It felt good just doing things without someone looking over our back all the time. Without having those damn guys radioing in what we are doing every damn minute. Without your head of security walking in every five minutes checking in on us! And without being told it is time for bed on a Saturday night and being woken up early on the weekend. We are teenagers and we should be able to stay up all night on Friday and Saturday and sleep in on the weekends.”

“I never thought that Cesar cheated on me. I know he would not cheat me because we talk with each other, unlike you and Bernice.” Eric looked at Jacob with daggers in his eyes. “So don’t you assume that you know what is going on between me and Cesar. Get your facts straight before you say a word to me.”

“I did get my facts straight from Cesar’s mouth. He told us this morning that you’re angry because he hung out with us. Get over yourself Josh; he is our friend too. You couldn’t go anywhere because Jonathan kept saying ‘no’. Cesar didn’t want to stay cooped up in your house like a prisoner. He said that he feels like that whenever he is at your house. He can’t move around without twenty sets of eyes watching him.”

“Fine, I will talk with him about what you just said. If he feels that way about living in my house, I will suggest he move back to his father’s house. At least there he has no one looking after him at all.” Josh started to walk off, but turned around.

“If you guys feel the way you just told me you feel, maybe we should not be friends anymore. This is my life now, no matter if I like it or not. I have no choice in the matter about having security around me at all times; having to make sure it is okay to go somewhere, before going. I have deal with being told that I can’t go, because they can’t secure the place. You guys don’t, so maybe it is best that you guys don’t hang with me anymore.

As you just told me, it felt good not having me around over the weekend. You guys need to think about making it permanent then. That way you don’t ever have worry about looking over you shoulders, waking up early on the weekends and having a time to turn in.”

Josh walked back to the group with Eric behind him. He looked back at what he said, and couldn’t believe he said it. He didn’t filter his thoughts and now he has dug a hole that he can’t get back out of. He also dug a hole for the others that they didn’t want dug.

Just as Josh walked up to the group, the security sprang into action. Josh got grabbed by one of his security, as two grabbed Elizabeth and pushed her to the ground. As she hit the ground, several bottles fell out of her pocket and went rolling down the steps.

As the two security detail men held Elizabeth face down into the cement, another patted her down. He pulled out two more bottles of hair spray and matches. Once they felt she didn’t have anything left in her pockets, they pulled her off of the ground with her kicking and screaming at them.

They walked her up the stairs of the stadium with her hands held behind her. Just as they reached the top of the stadium, the principal and school security walked up. They looked at Elizabeth and didn’t look surprised.

“Go ahead and let her go please! My security will take her to my office as you guys tell me what she did this time.”

“We gave you several chances to deal with her, and you refused to do so. We told you the next time she walks up to Josh with a threatening look in her face, we will take her down. At the same time we won’t turn her over to you. Since you can’t fix this, we will!”

“What do you plan to do with her? She is on school property and whenever a student messes up on this property, I am the final say on what is done with that person. As I asked you before, let her go so I can deal with her Jonathan.”

“No sir, when it comes down to security of the governor’s kids, I have the final say. I won’t have another phone call with the governor like I had this weekend. She will be arrested under suspense to harm the governor’s kids. If we find out that she planned to harm him, the charge will change.”

“Don’t destroy a young person’s life over a teenage prank. If she planned to do any harm to Josh, it wouldn’t be anything close to killing him. If we find out that she planned harm, I will take the corrected measures.”

Jonathan asked his guard detail to let go of Elizabeth. They handed Principal Michaels the hair spray cans, clear bottle of liquid and the matches they took off of her. Principal Michaels thanked Jonathan and took Elizabeth to his office.

At the same time they let go of Josh so he could rejoin his friends. As Josh rejoined his friends, he found Eric whispering to them. They all looked at Josh as he reached them. Eric stopped talking and stepped back a couple of steps. Bernice walked over to Josh and opened her mouth to say something, but Josh stopped her.

“Sorry Bernice, but I am just tired of all this. I am tired of Elizabeth, I am tired of you guys thinking things that are not true about me and I am so damn tired of being the talk of this school! According to Eric, you guys don’t like hanging around me anymore. He gave me a long list of reasons why, and I can understand.

Let me make it easy for all of you, we should not be friends anymore. I don’t need two faced friends around me when I have people like Elizabeth trying to hurt me every chance she can. You guys are the worse of them all. At least I know I have to watch out for Elizabeth, but you guys? You guys say one thing in my face and then say totally the opposite behind my back. I thought I never had to look out for my best friends.

Now you guys don’t have to worry about my security detail radioing in every five minutes on what we are doing. You guys don’t have to worry anymore about getting a guard escort to go and use the bathroom. And you guys don’t have to worry anymore about going to bed early and being woken up early on the weekend. All those worries are gone since we are no longer friends.”

They all watched Josh walk off with his security detail surrounding him. The moment they couldn’t see Josh anymore, they looked at Eric. Eric tried to warn them before Josh came up, but he never thought Josh would actually end their friendship over their talk.

“You really screwed everything up Eric! What we talk about when Josh isn’t around was to never be repeated in front of him. You not only repeated it, but you threw it in his face. Damn it Eric! Yes, we have our problems on everything that is going on in Josh’s life right now, but we never would have thrown it in his face!” Bernice returned the look of daggers that Eric had for Josh earlier.

“I just regained Josh as friend and now I lost his friendship because of you guys,” Chris chimed in. “I never had a problem with Josh or what is going on in his house right now. We all knew and accepted that things are going to be different for now on since his father is Governor.

I should have said something when I heard you guys talking behind his back, but I didn’t. Because I didn’t, I am now in the same boat with you. He will never believe me that I didn’t say anything about him.” Chris walked off with Rusty at his side.

Cesar couldn’t think straight as he stood there looking at everyone. Did Josh just breakup with him along with ending all of his friendships? He said that they would talk about what had happened, but not at school. Now this scene makes Cesar keep trying to figure out where he stands as far as Josh and him.

“Let the Elizabeth thing settle down and Josh will come to his senses. It might take a couple of days, but he will be back. When he comes back, he will be apologizing to us for acting like a spoiled kid. I say when he does that, we just let it go and accept him back.”

“You’re an idiot Eric, you know that. The look in Josh’s face I have never seen before. That look to me is saying that this decision he made is final. He won’t come back to us after a few days or after the Elizabeth thing settles down. He is done with us, because he doesn’t trust us anymore.” Bernice sat down on the steps holding back her tears.

The rest of the afternoon, everyone kept their distance from Josh. Cesar sat next to Josh in the classes they have together, but they didn’t speak. Several times Cesar started to speak to Josh, but stopped himself after the first word left his mouth.

After school, they put their books in their locker, grabbed the books they need for homework and walked home. Cesar looked at Josh as they walked home and saw a look in his face of him being at ease. It looks like the weight he has been carrying around has been lifted or something like that.

As soon as they walked into the house, Josh turned to Jonathan. “Sir, I heard you this weekend when you talked to the other guards that your job would be a lot easier if I didn’t have so many people coming and going all the time; if I would stop asking to go places and just stay home. How I should be like my brothers and just have a couple friends and go to the same places all the time.

I made your job protecting me a lot easier today. I ended my friendship with my friends where you don’t have to worry about them anymore. I won’t ask to go places anymore and just stay in the house like you want. This should take a huge burden off of you since you really don’t like your detail.”

Josh walked upstairs leaving Jonathan at the front door. Cesar followed him into the room and closed the door. He walked over to his bed and sat down with his head between his hands. Cesar couldn’t hold back, he started to cry. He believes that he lost his boyfriend and he never wanted that to happen.

Josh got up from his bed and sat down on Cesar’s bed. He pulled Cesar into him and held him tight. Cesar wrapped his arms around Josh, sobbing as he kept saying that he loves him and that he doesn’t want to lose him. Josh put his right hand under Cesar’s chin and moved his head so where Cesar is looking into his eyes.

“Listen to me Cesar, I love you. I have already gone through one break up and I don’t want to lose you. We are going to fight, but we need to talk with each other when that happens. Not at school, not in front of others, but here in the privacy of our room. We don’t go around talking to others about our problems. They will use what we tell them and throw it back in our faces.

I asked you to go out and have fun, and you did. You called me to let me know that you will be late, but not to stay the night. I am not saying that you need my permission, because you don’t. Just like you didn’t have to call me to let me know you were going to not be here for dinner. I just worried about you because I had no idea where you were.

Then you walked in the doors with my friends, ignoring me as if I was yesterday’s news. Can you imagine how that felt? It tore me apart that you could do that to me. I never saw that coming from you. Then you thinking I was mad for something I did wrong. You should know me better than that by now.”

“I do Josh, I do and I was wrong this morning. I should have never stayed out all night with you here at home alone. I don’t know what I was thinking, but I promise you. I will never again do that to you Josh. No matter what, I will always be at your side.”

“Don’t do that Cesar, because it isn’t fair. If I ask that of you, I will lose you before we even get out of high school. I am the one that has to be here in the house all the time, not you. So if you get invited to go somewhere, you go. Just if you stay the night, call me so I don’t worry about you. I can’t stand even the thought of losing you!”

The boys held each other tight until they heard Rose call up that dinner is ready. They got up from the bed and kissed each other for the first time today. They didn’t want to break their kiss, but Rose called again that dinner is ready. Josh and Cesar ran to the bathroom, washed up for dinner and headed down to join the others.

Martha got woken up from a sound sleep when a guard walked into her room and pounded on the metal table. Martha felt like she just closed her eyes. She looked over to the guard to see what she wants so early in the morning.

“Get out of bed and get ready for court. I will swing back in fifteen minutes to get you no matter if you’re ready or not.”

Martha lifted her head up to look at the guard that is pounding on the table. The guard helped her out of bed, but Martha refused to let the guard do anything else. She dressed herself and put on her shoes. Once she got ready, she took her brake off and wheeled out to the dayroom and waited for the guard to return.

True to her word, the guard opened the cage door in fifteen minutes on the dot. Martha moved into the cage, waited for the cage door to close where the guard could open the outer door. Once she did that, Martha moved out and faced her wheel chair to the wall.

The guard patted her down before wheeling her to the elevator. Once they got down to the third floor, the guard passed Martha off to another guard. That guard took Martha into a separate room that only holds one person. He wheeled her into the cell and closed the door. She put her brake on her wheel chair wondering what time it is.

Just as Martha started to doze off, when her cell door opened and guard walked in with milk and a box of cereal. He handed the items over to Martha and walked back out. Martha looked at the box of corn flakes, the spoon and the pint of milk. She wheeled herself to the door to see if the guard is coming back with a bowl for her to put her cereal in. She saw the other inmates drink some of the milk and poor the cereal in the cartoon.

Martha open her milk, drank enough to fit her cereal in the carton. As she finished up her cereal, the door opened again and this time the guard walked in with a bag in his hand. Martha wheeled herself to the guard, put her empty box, spoon and carton in the bag and sat it back down.

Somehow through the noise, Martha dozed off to sleep! She got woken up again when the guard pounded on the door. She leaned up in her chair not understanding why the guards like to pound on things, instead of simply shaking the person awake.

The guard wheeled her out of the cell and started to pat her down again. Once they patted her down, checked her shoes and socks, they handcuffed her arms to her leg irons that are around her ankles. Two guards wheeled Martha down to the elevator and then down through the tunnel. They entered into a bright courtroom and placed her wheel chair away from the other inmates, but very close to the jury box.

Martha looked around to see if her attorney or friend have arrived yet, but she didn’t see them anywhere in the courtroom. Martha sat back and just looked at the other ladies and guys in the jury box waiting to go in front of the judge. She tried to figure out why they are arrested when her attorney walked up to her.

“Martha, good morning, glad to see you in good health. I know it is embarrassing being here in handcuffs and leg irons. Hopefully this will be the last time you will wear them. There are several things I need to go over with you before we stand in front of the judge. I want to make sure that you trust me as your attorney and I am not leading you wrong.”

“Of course I trust you and believe in you as my attorney. You’re blunt and you tell me what I need to hear no matter if it is good or bad, you let me have it. I like dealing with people that don’t beat around the bush and just say what needs to be said.”

“Good, let’s not beat around the bush anymore. The judge I have you in front of today is a very good friend. His wife and my wife do everything together. Our kids go to the same school and hang out with each other after school.

The reason I am telling you this is because I will get what I want with him. I want to get you out of here today, but you got to do something in return. You need to change your plea from not guilty under the insanity plea, to just plain not guilty. That way he can set bail for you today and you can go home.

I spoke with him yesterday morning and he told me that if you do this, he will set bail where you can afford it. I spoke with your friend afterwards and she already put everything together. All we have to do today is go in front of the judge, change your plea and he will do the rest for us.”

“I have no problem with anything you’re asking me to do. Get it done where I can get out of here and go home. That way I can put my affairs in order if things start to look bleak. One question though, won’t the DA object to this?”

“I have you written in, so they have no idea that you’re coming in front of the judge today. You’re the first one up and by the time they try to get the DA assigned to this case, it will be too late. They can bring you back in front of a judge, but when they do that, you will be out already.”

Martha shook her head in agreement and sat back in her wheel chair. She sat there getting more and more nervous as the time clicked away. Finally the judge took the bench and grabbed the first file. His law clerk called out Martha Hernandez and the guards wheeled Martha to the middle of the court room.

The District Attorney looked at the file and quickly objected. “Your honor, this case isn’t assigned to this court room. It needs to go back in front of the judge that it is assigned to.”

“Madam District Attorney I understand your objection, but I am over ruling it. This week we are assigned to hear bail requests. That is what she is her for and nothing more. If her attorney tries to bring any other motion up in this hearing, I won’t hear them. If there are no more objections, let’s get on with it. I have a long day ahead of me.”

“Your honor first on behalf of my client, she would like to switch her plea from not guilty under the insanity plea and move a straight not guilty.” Martha’s attorney put his hand on Martha’s shoulder as he spoke.

“Ms. Martha Hernandez, did your attorney explain to you what the difference between the two not guilty pleas is? Also are you doing this because you want to, not because you’re being threatened, forced or promised anything?”

“Yes your honor, my attorney explained the differences between the two. Also I am not being forced, threatened or was promised anything to change my plea. I do know what I am doing with the counsel of my attorney.”

“Fine, I will go ahead and change the plea as requested by the defendant. Is there anymore motions that you need this court to rule on?”

“Yes your honor, I would like to put in a request for bail on behalf of my client. She didn’t get bail because she pleaded not guilty for the reason of insanity. Now that she changed her plea to straight not guilty, I am asking this court to grant her bail.”

“I object you honor, this is just a go around this attorney is trying to do. Once he gets his clients out on bail, he will change the plea back to the insanity plea. You can’t allow attorneys to come in here and do this.”

“Your objection is over ruled and I will hear the out the defendants attorney on the amount of bail to be set.”

“Thank you your honor! My client isn’t a flight risk as you can see because she is wheelchair bound for the rest of her life. She has a clean record, not even a parking ticket. There isn’t much of a case built up against her yet, even if they got one. And finally she has not much money. She is no longer married to the Governor and isn’t receiving any kind of alimony from her ex-husband. In return……”

“I heard enough, as I said I am going to grant her bail in the amount of five hundred thousand dollars cash or bond. If she gets bonded out, Ms. Hernandez can’t leave the city limits of El Paso and has to surrender her passport to the court.”

Martha agreed to the requirements the judge laid out for her. She got wheeled back to the jury box and waited for her attorney. After getting the paper work from the court clerk, her attorney walked over to her.

“Okay, the judge ordered this into effect immediately. That means it is being loaded into the computer. By the time your friend walks over to the bail bondsman, it will be in the system. She will bail you out, I already got all that set up with the bails bondsman we use. You should be going home within a couple of hours. No later than noon you should be wheeling yourself out of the county jail.”

“Thank you so much, I don’t even know how to tell you how much this means to me. I promise you that I will appear for all of my hearings no matter how it looks. You will have nothing to worry about with me.”

“That I know, because it will be you the police will be after if you jump bail. I just move on to my next case and wait until you’re caught. We have a long road ahead of us, so don’t let the news or anyone get you down. You will have good days and you will have bad days. I am hoping at the end, you will stay in the free.”

The guards walked over and wheeled Martha out of the court room and down the long tunnel back to the county jail. Martha can’t stop smiling on the good luck she just had. In just a couple of hours she will be free again. Martha started to make a mental list of what she is going to do when she does get out of county jail.

The main item on the top of her list is to get her kids back, all four of them. It will be very hard for Daniel to fight her on seeing their kids when he is up in Austin and they are here in El Paso. No one will be able to keep her kids from her, she kept telling herself as she got wheeled down the tunnel.

The final thought that went through her mind as they got off the elevator and into the holding tank is her son Josh. Once she gets all four of her kids back, Josh won’t be staying in the same home with her and her other three sons. She will send him to her family in Mexico to straighten him out, one way or another.

TO BE CONTINUED……………………

WRITER’S CORNER:

{Welcome one and all back to a chapter of plot twists and friendships turned upside down. I threw things I know you all were not expecting to happen. I have said this so many times; don’t get comfortable on where my stories are going. I will always find ways to throw a curve ball in that will get you guys in an up roar.

It’s hard to know where to even begin in this chapter, because so much happened! Let’s start where the chapter started, with Elizabeth. She is having a hard time to get her friends to believe what she is saying. She built this mistrust in her friends. Now she has to deal with the way her friends are because they followed her as an example. Patrick did do more harm to her than any beating could do. He took her friends away from her.

Then she goes and tries to get her pay back when Josh is around. Hasn’t she learned yet not to screw around with Josh there? She wasn’t after Josh, she wanted payback on Bernice. She wanted Bernice to feel what she did. Sad thing is, she got caught doing it again when Josh was around. I wonder if the Governor is going to do what Jonathan did. Is the Governor going to let the school handle it? Or will he demand Elizabeth gone once and for all? Only time will give us the answer to that question.

What in the world is going on with Josh, Cesar and his friends? Look, they knew things were going to change once Josh’s father became Governor. Just like they said, they love it when they got to go back stage and meet singers, go to the Governor’s Mansion and all the other extras they got being Josh’s friend. But they don’t want to take the bad that comes with that good. I don’t blame Josh one bit on the way he reacted.

We all at one time or another have talked about a friend with another friend behind their back but you never repeat what is said because someone will get hurt. We are all human and make human mistakes. If you feel bad talking behind a friends back, then don’t do it. I learned the hard way, so I try to not do it. When I do, I tell my friend I did it so he or she heard it from me first.

Let’s start with Eric and what is going on with him. He not only talked behind Josh’s back, but thinks he is right about what they talked about. He even told Josh that in the way he talked with Josh. Fine, he doesn’t like what is going on in Josh’s house with the guards and the rules. There is an easy fix and Josh used it; end the friendship.

Bernice didn’t agree with Eric at all and doesn’t even know what to do now about it. Either does Chris and he walked away angry. He just got Josh back as a friend and now he has lost him, or did he? Patrick and Frank stayed quiet through all what happened, so I wonder what is going on with them.

So many lives got turned up side down here with what happened over the weekend. Who knows who is going to come out of this okay? Will Josh settle down and just forget everything? Or will he end the friendships and just move on? Bernice and Eric already barely got back in with Josh trusting them, and they go and do this. In the next chapter we might see some new characters coming in as new friends of Josh’s.

I am glad that Josh and Cesar made up. In every relationship there will be arguments and when that happens the two people need to be able to say what they need to say and then get through it. If they get through it like Josh and Cesar did, their relationship is stronger and will survive a lot more arguments along with anything else thrown at them.

What is going on with Jonathan? Is the pressure of this job getting to him? He did go a little overboard when he caught Josh and Cesar in bed with each other. Come on, just like the Governor said, they are teenagers. They want to have sex all the time. I am glad the Governor asked Jonathan to change the punishment. He did it the right way where Jonathan didn’t look bad in front of Josh and the others by talking to him in private.

And finally Martha, man-o-man we have a storm brewing now! She is now free and plans to get ALL four of her kids. I don’t think she will get them, but at the same time I never thought that she would get bail either. I also don’t think Martha will spend another minute behind bars. No matter what she promised her attorney, I think if things get bad, she will high tail it out of there.

So many open plots and so many more plots to come in this story. I love the political scenes a lot and I hope I am not offending anyone with them. Keep in mind it is only a story and I am trying my best not to preach my beliefs. Please stay tuned and I promise that you guys won’t regret opening every new chapter.

I could stay here all day long, with all the open plots already in this story, but I won’t. I warn you though! Don’t skip a chapter, or you will be lost. There is a so much to answer in the chapters to come. Keep reading the future chapters, and enjoy! Please email me and let me know how I am doing at jacobmillertex@aol.com, Thanks!}

EDITOR’S CORNER:

Jacob made good points in the story and in his comments about how to resolve conflict in a relationship. There is a further point I would like to add, if I may. In a relationship, both parties will, from time to time, screw up. Once there has been a screw up, the guilty party must be able to recognize their fault and ADMIT IT! It takes more than just saying “I’m sorry”. Those words all too often are said without true remorse and recognition of fault. They are used all too often as an escape route. That seemingly petty dishonesty can really leave feelings to fester, on both sides.

Ok, enough of Elizabeth. This time her “nine lives” should be spent. She needs to be held accountable. She intended to inflict serious and permanent bodily harm on Bernice. No matter the motive behind the revenge, inflicting permanent harm is unacceptable. Jonathan shouldn’t have backed down and let his “system” handle the case; not Principal Michaels.

The Governor wants his offspring to have reasonably normal teenage lives. Josh is being unreasonably restricted. His three brothers can move much more freely, I gather, than he can. Yes, the teens should plan ahead. They don’t, however, so Jonathan and the security detail need to take a leadership role to help them plan ahead. I hope that the Governor hears of the stress the security detail in adding to Josh and Cesar’s life, not to mention the “friends”.

I just put “friends” in quotes…seeing as there is heavy duty drama in play. I have faith that things will resolve once heads cool down. Eric has some serious atonement in his future if he’s got any chance to continue with Josh as his friend.

I’m delighted with the e-mails I’ve read that Jacob has forwarded to me and for a those readers that have mentioned me specifically in their communications. You know who you are!
Until next time,

“Daddy” Rick

Copyright © 2013 JacobMillerTex; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Josh's friends are teenagers spontaneous but I really didn't think they were so selfish. Jonathan is just as bad. Jumping to conclusions then going against his bosses orders. The friends pulled the stunt with their lame ass excuses Friday night they isolated josh all weekend . If they knew josh at all did they really expect him to react any different. And Jonathan sure it might be a bitch of a job but why not come up with places for the kids to go instead of just flat out no. Why should josh be punished for the security detail having to work rather than sitting around at home.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..