Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Shadow of my Father - 7. Chapter 7

Dear Reader,

I am about to open a new plot line in this chapter. I will stay true to the facts of the past when I am writing about past events. From the point of Dessert Shield on will be pure fiction. Time lines won’t coincide with the real events that happened on the ground. The battles and events won’t be true to the historic record of the war. As I unfold this part of the story, I need you, the reader, not to look at the time line and say that events didn’t happen or that is the wrong year or date. As of this point of history, the story will move into PURE FICTION. Any other event prior then 1990 will be true to its date and facts. Thank you for continuing and being faithful readers. Please continue to give this story a chance as it unfolds. You won’t regret it.

(CHRIS’S POINT OF VIEW)

I am feeling a lot better as the days go by. I am getting tired of seeing these white walls, hearing the machines beeping all the time and the nurses and doctors walking in every fifteen minutes checking up on me! I am sound asleep at night and the door slams open. The bright light from the hallway hits me in the face. Then the nurse grabs my arm and takes my vitals. I am just tired of it all. I want to get out of here soon.

The stitches in my head are really itching really badly. They gave me some ointment, but it isn’t working. Because of the stitches I can’t take a real shower. On top of all that, I know I stink. I can actually smell myself. That is bad.

The doctor has not come by yet today nor has Nancy. I know she has to be tired of being here as well. At least I have a bed to sleep in, unlike Nancy. When she stays over at night, she has to sleep in the chair. If any of you have ever sat in a hospital chair for more than thirty minutes. You know when I say they aren’t comfortable at all.

To pass the time I turn on the television to watch but during the day all that is on are these stupid soaps. I don’t understand them at all. I actually tried to watch one of them. Somehow this guy had gotten severely burned in a fire some years back and now he is back and alive. To top it all off, he has no burn marks anywhere on his body!

I’d like to live in another world, rather than this one at times. If only those things are true. We would all have nine lives. The hospital has no cable channels, so I can’t watch MTV or something like that to pass the time.

I am also getting worried now because Josh has not been by since I woke up. I am starting to wonder if he is having second thoughts about us. Man this hospital is getting to me really bad. I am climbing the walls right now.

Just when I was about to throw the remote at the television, the doctor and nurse walked in. They actually smiled at me while looking at my chart.

“I can see your stay here is getting on your nerves Chris!” The doctor said, stating the obvious.

“Yeah doctor it is! When do you think I am getting out of here?”

“Let’s me see here first…..”

The doctor looked my chart over turning the pages back and forth.

“Chris it seems you are eating full meals already and holding them down. That is good! You’re no longer running any fevers; another positive sign for you as. All your cuts bruises, and bones seem to be healing well also. Let me look at the stitches on your head for a minute!”

I leaned forward for the doctor to get a better look my head. He lifted the bandages and started poking around my head. All I heard the doctor say is: humm and ahh. Then he reapplied the dressings after he was done looking.

I leaned back on the bed watching the doctor write something in my chart.

“So doctor what is the verdict? Give it to me straight, please!”

“Everything is healing very well Chris. I don’t see why we can’t get you out of here in the next day or so. Just promise me when I do release you, that you will take it easy at home.”

“I promise doc, I won’t be jumping any tall buildings anytime soon!”

The doctor chuckled at what I said. He patted the nurse on her shoulder to leave. If the doctor is true to his word, I will be out of here in the next day or so. I can’t wait to get out and to see Josh. I really want to see him so bad right now. I know one thing that is working very well right now! I put my hand over my lap.

(ELIZABETH’S POINT OF VIEW)

It has been awhile since Eric torpedoed me in the cafeteria. I still need to figure a way to get Eric back for what he did to me. But, for now I am getting my standing back in the cheer squad.

Today practice wasn’t that hard at all. The girls finally gave me a chance to cheer with them as an equal rather than looking down at me. We chatted about things that had nothing to do with what makes the world go around while we practiced.

As soon as I changed and headed home, I saw Josh’s new girlfriend. I will never forget the bitch’s name that stole my boyfriend from me. I know she had been eyeing him ever since school started. She won him over, for now.

I started walking behind her to make sure there wasn’t going to be anyone joining her. Once I felt comfortable there wasn’t I got even closer to Bernice. I yanked her by her hair to the ground.

As I looked down at her, she just looked at me rubbing her head.

“You fucked up bitch! You think you can steal my boyfriend away from me and get away with it? You have another think coming!”

I didn’t even give her a chance to respond to what I said. I went to kick her, but she grabbed my leg. With one pull I started heading to the ground. All of the sudden she was right on top of me.

We started tossing and turning all over the ground. Pulling each others hair! I tried, several times to scratch her in the face, but she moved just in the nick of time. Still I didn’t give up trying to pull every dirty trick I know.

With our screaming a crowd quickly gathered. I love it when there is a crowd watching me kick some bitch’s ass. I want to disfigure this bitch as much as I can.

“You damnn bitch! No one steals from me and gets away with it!”

“I didn’t take what wasn’t free and there to be had. Josh dropped your skanky ass once he found out what a whore you are!” Bernice hissed back.

That just got me angrier and I started yanking at her hair and scratching whatever part of the body I am able to touch. Then Bernice stunned me when she actually threw a punch and connected to my nose! I went back by the force of the hit. Once I knew what had happened Josh was right there.

He grabbed and pulled me away from Bernice so hard I thought when he pulled me he is going to yank my arms out of my shoulders. He tossed me to the ground and went to Bernice. I just couldn’t believe my eyes when Josh held Bernice and consoled her.

“What the hell is wrong with you Liz? Are you so fucked up in the head you can’t see when you are doing wrong? You are one seriously sick bitch!” Josh spat his words filled with revulsion at me.

I just looked at Josh when he said that. Tears started rolling down my cheeks. I know now I will never get Josh back. The anger in his voice and hate in his eyes is telling me I have lost him for good.

I got up from the ground, went over and picked up my books. Just looking at all the people looking on, I know they want to laugh at me. But for some reason they don’t. I turned to Josh and spoke.

“This isn’t over Josh! Not by a long shot! I won’t be embarrassed like this again. You and your friends have embarrassed me way too much. I will get my pay back for all of what you have done!”

I walked away before Josh had a chance to say something else that would embarrass me in front of that crowd. I don’t understand why I am fighting for Josh so much. I’ve lost him and I know that now. Why can’t I just let it go?

I do know one thing for sure is this. I will have revenge and when I do, it will be sweet. Josh and his group will pay so dearly for what they have done.

(JOSHUA’S POINT OF VIEW)

Bernice normally waits for me in the student parking lot but today practice ran over so Bernice started walking to my house. We decided in case this happens, for her to start walking toward my house. I want her to be safe from harm.

I started jogging home once I got out of practice. Usually I catch up with Bernice right before she turns onto my block. As I was jogging home, I saw a huge crowd of kids in a circle. At first I was just going to ignore why they are there.

Then I heard familiar voices shouting at one another. I stopped jogging and made my way through the crowd. Once I got to the front I saw Bernice and Elizabeth fighting. Elizabeth is on top of Bernice. There is no way I will allow this from her.

Just as I walked towards the girls, Bernice actually connected with a punch! Elizabeth got stunned with the hit and fell back. This is my chance to get her off without getting hurt from either of the two.

I grabbed a hold of Elizabeth by her arms and pulled her off of Bernice. I tossed Elizabeth to the ground, and then walked back to Bernice! I gently picked up Bernice up and held her. I looked everywhere on her body to make sure she wasn’t really hurt. I turned to Elizabeth yelling at her for what she had done.

But Elizabeth couldn’t just leave it alone. She had to have the last word as she always does. She still threatened to get her revenge on me and my friends. I just stood there kind of stunned at what she just said.

Every time she has tried to get her revenge on me or my friends she ends up loosing. She doesn’t lose ground with just us, but in the entire school as well. She needs to learn to just leave well enough alone or she will keep being seen as the bitch she is.

I picked up Bernice from the ground and brushed her off. By then the crowd already broke up and started making their way home. I picked up Bernice’s bag while holding her steady.

“I am so sorry for what Elizabeth’s behavior? I honestly don’t know what else to tell her to get her to stop coming after you!”

“Josh, don’t worry about it. If she tries it again, I will be ready the next time. She won’t catch me unaware the next time. I guarantee she won’t be walking away from the fight the next time. My father, although he is a priest, made sure I can defend myself if needed.”

I couldn’t help but laugh with the vision that went through my mind at that moment. It was a vision of Bernice and her father in the basement of the church going around in a circle with her learning how to defend herself! Bernice is in a dress and her father in his priest’s collar! What a funny sight that would be!

I rubbed Bernice on the arm trying to bring her closer to me. I am getting to love her as a sister or close friend. She is the only one I can talk with when things are tough. I know whatever I tell her it will never leave her lips to anyone.

After my big goof that happened over the weekend with my lying to her father and getting in trouble with my mom, Bernice kept apologizing to me for what had happened. Her father surprised me the most. He asked Bernice said to pass onto me that he is sorry for putting me in the uncomfortable position I got put in over the weekend. So far Bernice has not said or done anything for me to think twice about what she is telling me being the absolute truth.

When we went upstairs, I checked Bernice everywhere to make sure she was fine. After I did that she went to the bathroom to straighten up. When Bernice returned she looked as beautiful as ever. We sat down and did our homework together as we normally do.

Bernice’s dad called to let Bernice know that he is going to be late picking her up. He spoke with my mom to make sure there isn’t a problem for Bernice to stay with us. My mom had no objection to it. On top of that, she actually invited Bernice to eat dinner with us for the first time!

We sat at the dinner table eating as usual. Bernice didn’t understand why my mom didn’t sit down to eat until we all had our plates and drinks. Whenever we wanted seconds, my mom is the one that gets up to get it for us. I leaned over to Bernice to whisper in her ear; “I should have explained this to you before you sat down. My mom was brought up under old traditional Hispanic ways. The wife doesn’t eat until all males in the house get their food first. That includes all ladies that are guests at the table.”

Bernice looked at like she broke some kind of house rule.

“Don’t worry Bernice. You are learning and my parents didn’t ask Elizabeth to observe the traditions so I know they aren’t going to ask you to be like my mother.”

Just as we finished up dinner and cleared the table my mom stopped us from going upstairs.

“Don’t go yet, please. I need you all downstairs to watch the news. This concerns your father” mom said somewhat cryptically

We looked at each other and then went to watch the news. My mom turned the television on while she took a seat. Bernice and I sat down next to each other on the couch. The news wasn’t on. I looked at the clock and saw we were eating during the news. I wonder if my mother knows we missed the local news.

Suddenly, the program was interrupted by the station.

“In just a few minutes we will be taking you to our mobile command base in the dessert of Saudi Arabia, The commander of our ground troops, Major General Daniel Lopez, from Fort Bliss Texas, will be speaking with us!” The broadcaster said.

I looked over at my mother. I didn’t know that our father is so high up in command over there. To top it all off, he is going to be giving a press conference to pretty much the world! This is awesome!

The screen went blue, and then to a podium with the American flags behind it. No one was standing there at first. Then the door opened and the camera swung over to see several military officers walked in with my father behind them. They all walked to the stage to line up behind my father.

My father cleared his throat as he looked out to the cameras.

“Good evening everyone and thank you for being patient with us here. I know it has been a long day for many of you. All of you have been waiting for some kind of update from this office. To those who don’t know who I am my name is Major General Daniel Lopez, USA Army Commander. Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf is the USA Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Two days ago, talks between the US and allies with Saddamn Hussein have hit a brick wall. President Hussein has no intention on giving up Kuwait or its oil fields without a fight. That leaves us with no other choice but to use force to push the invaders back.

You heard President Bush addresses the nation yesterday. He has called for the use of force to push back the Iraqi Army back across their border. I have been given the order from General Schwarzkopf to lead our ground forces in the first wave of attacks.

I promise the American people I will do everything within my power to bring home every single soldier under my command alive. I know I can give such a promise because we have the best armed and trained military in the world.

I’ll say in closing to the American people, the citizens of the world, and mainly to the Iraqi soldiers that are facing down the barrel of the mightiest military to ever be on this earth: Run, run back across your border and you will live. If you choose to stay and fight, you choose to die. You point and pull a trigger of any weapon against any of my troops, by doing so you will sign your own death warrant with that action. So, run and you will live!

Thank you all, once again and have a good evening!”

My dad walked off the stage followed by the same officers. The reporters in the room tried to ask questions, but my dad did not answer a single one. The original broadcaster came back on, explaining what this entire thing means.

I looked over at my mom, and then my brothers. I didn’t budge an inch until my mom got up and left the room. I grabbed Bernice and we headed back upstairs. We sat down on my bed just looking at one another.

“Josh what are you thinking right now?”

“I am afraid for my father! He is actually going to have to go to war with that damnn idiot! Doesn’t that guy see he can’t win if he forces the US to use military force? He is just asking his Army to die.”

“I know what you are saying. The one thing I find weird in this whole thing is your father. Many kids at school right now have parents in the Army that are over there right now. Your father though, is the face of the Army! That has to be weird!”

“Not really Bernice! I have gotten used to that part early on in my life!”

Bernice just looked at me when I said that. I keep forgetting I just met her this year. I haven’t known her nearly as long as I have known Eric. He knows that my father has always commanded some unit or another. That is why he has a chest full of medals.

After Bernice’s father came and got her. I sat with my brothers trying to watch television. My brothers just kept blathering on and on about how cool it is that our father is famous. I don’t think it is cool at all. I donn’t want my father, or anyone I love to be famous like this! He and so many others could die because of a stupid fuck wants more oil.

The next day the school was buzzing with the news of war. The US Army began their attack a little after midnight Iraq time. I figure they wanted the cover of darkness to begin the attack on the Iraqi Army.

I ignore everyone that is talking about it. I just wanted to talk about anything but this war. Eric knows me so well; he started talking to us about this girl he met. I didn’t even know he had an eye on anyone much less that he’s serious about a girl.

I could tell he had it bad for this girl. That got me thinking about Chris. I haven’t visited in him in several days. I hope he doesn’t think I am rethinking what we discussed. I know we haven’t talked about it in much detail, but still.

I really want Chris here. I really want to start dating him and seeing if we have anything in common. I hope we do! If we do, this will turn out to being the great relationship I know it can be.

The speech my father gave last night is being replayed in the morning announcements. I looked around the room and saw all my fellow students just glued to the television. That is when I realized this is going to bring all of us together. After all, we are in a military town with so many military kids at this school.

After homeroom I went into the bathroom. As I started to pee, I heard this weird noise I have not herd before. I thought I was in the bathroom alone. I just ignored it as I finished my business. As I started to leave, I heard this moaning sound that caught my attention.

I want to know what this noise is all about. I wanted to be sure someone wasn’t sick or hurt. I quietly walked over to the open stall next the stall to investigate where the noise is coming from. I walked in and quietly closed the stall door and I sat down on the toilet. I didn’t know what to do next. I surely didn’t want to be caught spying on anyone in here.

I threw caution to the wind and looked under the divider. What I saw just threw me back. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw Patrick in the stall getting a blow job from this kid. Patrick is hot, man is he hot! I didn’t know he is gay.

I was locked, looking at Patrick getting his nuts off. His eyes are closed and the guy that is sucking him off simply is totally busy with the business at hand. I really didn’t get a good look at Patrick’s dick, but I think the guy his huge!

Patrick suddenly started hitting the divider, slamming it against my head. He started whispering at a high pitch to the kid that his is going to explode.

“Frank I am going to cum! Frank pull off unless you want me to…..”

All of a sudden Patrick just clinched his teeth and hissed, stifling a load moan as he started to cum. Frank didn’t even pull off of his dick. The guy swallowed all of Patrick’s cum. When Patrick finally came down from his climax, he went for his jeans. That is when I knew I had to get out of there. When I left the stall, Frank was still sitting on the floor and Patrick started coming down from his high.

I hope Patrick didn’t see me looking at him getting his blow job. Boy was that hot! I had to put my book in front of me because I had popped a major boner! I really wonder how that feels when another guy goes down on you. Elizabeth did that to me, but they say guys can give a hell a lot better blow jobs then woman. I surely hope that’s true!

As I walked to second period, I couldn’t help but think why Patrick hasn’t told us that he is gay. Then I thought why would he do that? He really doesn’t know us very well. And, look at me, I am gay, and haven’t even told my best friend!

(PATRICK’S POINT OF VIEW)

I walked out of first period class to find myself being pulled into the boy’s restroom. Before I could even see who was pulling me, I was already in the far stall. I landed on the toilet when I got pushed in. When I look up I see it is Frank, Frank Comacho.

“Hey Frank what in the world is going on here?” I asked totally confused.

“I couldn’t hold it any longer Patrick! You walk around the halls looking so damnn fine. I have to have you! Please let me have this!” Frank said grabbing a handful of my manhood through my jeans.

Frank didn’t even give me a chance to answer him. He kissed me right on the lips and at the same time started working on opening my belt. I couldn’t believe we are going to do this in the restroom between classes. Anyone can walk in here at any time and hear us.

Frank got my belt undone and then he had my fly open right after. He reached into my boxers and pulled out my cock. I am already hard as rock. It didn’t take long for Frank to take in my entire eight inch dick into his mouth and down his throat!

He started bobbing up and down and right as I approached my climax, he stopped. He started licking around my cock head making me go crazy. I couldn’t keep myself from moaning and hitting the wall of the stall. I am so horny wanting some release like soon! I started whispering out loud to Frank; at least I think I was! “Frank man please let me cum! I need to cum Frank!”

Frank started going back down on me. I tried to grab at the wall of the stall, but there wasn’t anything there for me to grab a hold of so I pressed my hands against the walls of the stall trying to keep myself up. Frank is on his knees between my legs going hard at work for the goal; the goal I believe he wants is a milk shake!

Bobbing up and down, every so often he stopped and played with my head of my dick. That makes me go so damn crazy because I am sensitive around the head of my cock. To add to the thrills, I am uncut and he plays with my foreskin and that drives me bananas!

I reached climax hoping Frank is going to let me cum!

“Frank I am going to cum, Frank watch I cum……..”

That is all it took. I started shooting shot after shot down Frank’s throat. He must have swallowed it all because I didn’t feel a drop go down my dick or touch my body. Finally, after eight or nine shots, I started coming down from my high.

I opened my eyes to see Frank sitting there on the floor of the stall. I smiled down at him before he got up. He started kissing me at the same time playing with my dick. I needed him to stop or else. As Frank kissed me, he actually gave me some of my own sperm. It tasted so sweet!

Then, I heard the restroom door open. I jumped to pull up my boxers and pants in a hurry. I actually got up so fast I threw Frank against the wall. I didn’t mean to do that, but I didn’t want to get caught either.

Frank and I looked under the stall to see if anyone is actually in the restroom. As far as I can see, there aren’t any feet. I slowly opened the door and looked out. No one is there. So that means that there was someone in the bathroom while I was getting my dick sucked!

Shit man, did someone see us and now know that we are gay. If so, are they going to go out and spread the news? Damn it! That’s why I didn’t want to do this! I looked over at Frank; he knows what I am thinking. We went to the sinks to wash up. I walked out of the restroom first then Frank walked out a little after me.

(JOHUA’S POINT OF VIEW)

The rest of the morning I couldn’t get the sight I saw in the restroom out of my mind. I even got to second period late, but it was worth it! During lunch I kept looking at Patrick trying to figure him out. He doesn’t look like one of those that uses a person then leaves them. I can see how he could tough but not a user. Again, the boy is hot!

As I am looking at Patrick I notice he is looking out across the cafeteria. I didn’t want him to realize that I notice him just looking into the crowd of faces. So I slowly guided around to see the direction he is looking. At first, it is just a sea of faces. Then I saw the one that was in the stall with him.

He isn’t bad looking. He stands about five eight, looks like he weighs around one hundred and sixty, maybe seventy pounds. From where I am sitting he looks like he works out a bit. He isn’t all built like some. He just looks like he has some muscles on him. As for the rest I can’t see from here.

I can say he does wear his clothes right. He knows what fits his body type from the tight t-shirt all the way to the jeans tight in all the right places and running shoes. I can see what Patrick sees in him.

I turned back around to see if Patrick caught me looking. He still is looking at his boyfriend I can think. Then he mouths what I make out as ‘thank you’ and then ‘I love you’. I felt bad that he couldn’t at least bring him over to sit with us.

“Hey Patrick my man! Why don’t you bring your friend over to sit with us? When you became friends with us didn’t mean you had to leave your other friends behind. The more the merrier, I always say!” I said hoping to put Patrick at ease.

Patrick just looked at me like he got caught taking the last cookie from the cookie jar. I didn’t mean to put him on the spot like that. I just want him to be near his friend. I know if I couldn’t be near Chris, and we become boyfriends, I would hate it.

“Jake I don’t know what you mean!” Patrick replied defensively.

“Never mind Patrick, it is my goof. I just thought you had other friends before you met us!”

I tried to back step as quick as possible to get Patrick off the hook. I can see the fear in his eyes right now. I never want to be put in the position I just did accidently with Patrick.

We went back eating trying to talk about other things. Still I can see how uneasy Patrick is right now. As usual, we went outside to our little area of the stadium to kill the rest of lunch. On the way I saw the same guy that was with Patrick following us.

I want to talk to Patrick about this, but how would I even broach the subject? It’s not like I can just walk up to him and tell him to bring his boyfriend for us to meet. I know it would freak him out. I know I would lose what may become a good friend. For now I need to settle on letting Patrick decide when he is ready to bring this guy to meet our group. Until then I need to keep my big mouth shut!

When I walked into fourth period, I felt good being there. I have really started looking forward to Glee practice. We are getting better! We’d better be, because this Friday is our test. Can we perform at the high level of the competition set by the other Glee Clubs in the past and win doing it?

The rest of the class seemed to think we are ready to go. Mr. Edger, on the other hand, had something to say about the confidence the group started showing.

“Class, it is good to see that you feel you are ready for this Friday. The problem I see here is that I believe you aren’t simply by the over confidence you are showing me right now. With that fact alone, we have already lost. We are killing ourselves if we coast to Friday thinking we are the best.

So, let’s get our heads out of out butts and get down to business!”

With that the class settled right down and went to work. We worked on all parts of the program we were going to perform on Friday. We took it from the top just to see what it sounds like all together.

At the end it looked like Mr. Edger wasn’t too happy with the end product. I think one or two of the songs just don’t go well together or it could be just the way we performed them in the class room. Maybe when we get on stage it will be a lot different. All I know is that it sounded good to me. The bell interrupted my thought process.

The rest of the afternoon went by fast. Before I knew it I was at swim team practice. Even that went by fast. The Coach seemed to be in a very good mood all through practice. Everyone noticed because we screwed up badly in one of the team events and he did notice but didn’t come unglued.

After practice I walked up to the Coach to see how Chris is doing.

“Hey Coach, may I speak with you? It isn’t about swimming at all!”

“I could figure that from the way you are all nervous. If it is about Chris, he is coming home on Wednesday.”

“Thank you Coach and have a nice evening!”

“Don’t you want to know if you can visit him or not?”

“I figured if he is going home already, he will be returning to school very soon as well.”

“Your right on that. He will be back to school on Monday. Why don’t you come down over the weekend and spend some time with Chris, Nancy and me?”

“I would like that Coach and I know Chris would to! Thank you for the invitation. I will get my mom’s permission tonight!”

I walked out of Coach’s office with a big old grin on my face. When I met up with Bernice she knew I gotten some good news about Chris. I didn’t even have to say a word to her.

(COACH JUAN MONTOYA POINT OF VIEW)

Nancy and I got up early on Tuesday because we had to be in court by eight. I still can’t believe a judge is hearing this case that Chris’s dad has brought to the courts. I am glad that this day is here and will be over soon.

The traffic getting to Downtown is ugly as usual. I don’t understand why our city decides to work on the streets during the most busies time of the day. That is a local government for you.

We made it to court in just the nick of time. Just as Nancy and I walked into the court room they brought Chris’s dad in. He is in an orange jump suit all chained up. I hope the judge sees this and just throws the case out.

Moments later the judge walked in and gaveled the court into session. He looked out to us and then back to the file his clerk handed him.

“We are here in the matter of the custody of Chris Jimenez. I don’t see the minor Chris Jimenez in the court room today. Where is he at?”

“Your honor, Chris is still laid up in the hospital, sir. He couldn’t do the drive down here.”

“Do we have at least the foster parents in the court room?”

Nancy and I stood up to answer the judge. “Yes, we are here your honor.”

“I see we have the father here as well!”

The attorney for Chris’s dad answered for Mr. Jimenez. Then the judge went through the legal mumble jumble with attorneys. He let both attorneys talk about why custody should be returned to Sergio Jimenez or why not. The judge listens to the attorneys, but didn’t allow us or Chris’s dad to speak.

“Look I have heard enough here! I, like so many other judges, like to keep families together. I look at you Mr. Jimenez and see a sad excuse for a father. By the looks of the past police reports of incidents that accord at your home and the statements of those that saw you beating up your son before you drove away drunk getting into the accident should make my job easy here today!

It doesn’t, however! As I said, I like to keep families together; not break them apart. So this is what I have decided in this matter: Pending on the outcome of the current charges you are facing is how this will work:

If you are not found guilty or take a plea bargain, you will receive full custody of your son at the conclusion of your trial. Now let me make myself clear on this Mr. Jimenez, you will have to walk out of court without so much as community service or a fine. You must be clear as a bird in order for you to get your son back.

Now, this comes with strings attached. If you raise your hand in any way to your son; the police are brought to your house for as much as you yelling at your son; or the school even suspects that you are mistreating your son in anyway, you will lose custody of your son and never get it back. Should this judgment go into effect, you are also ordered to enroll in and participate actively in an out-patient alcohol rehabilitation program approved by this court.

Now if you don’t walk out of the courts a free man and comply with ever single condition of this ruling, you will permanently lose custody of your son to the State of Texas. At that point the State will place your son where they feel is the best for him.

I know this doesn’t sit well with you Mr. and Mrs. Montoya. I need to respect the rights of the biological parent in all custody matters before me. Again I am not happy with this decision at all. I feel Mr. Jimenez has never respected his son at all. He is the worst father I have seen before me in this court. I still need to give him a chance to be a father.

With that this matter, judgment is rendered; court is adjourned!”

I just couldn’t believe what the judge just did. I looked over to Chris’s dad as they were taking him away. He had a smile I wish I could beat off of his face. This damn judge knows he is wrong, but still does the ruling.

Nancy and I walked out of the court room angry as hell. Chris’s dad can still get back his son because a judge rather has the biological parent interests in mind, not the child’s. There has to be something we can do about this. I turned to our attorney.

“Isn’t there something we can do to appeal or overturn the ruling the judge just made?”

“Hope that Mr. Jimenez gets something from the courts. By the look of the pending charges, he isn’t going to walk out of jail for awhile. He will be found guilty and lose all rights to his son!”

“Let’s say the court system fails us here as well, and then what?”

“Well, I would go to the news if I was you. Remember, all judges at the local level are elected. They don’t want bad press. Trust me, if you take this case to light of day in the press, tell them everything that Mr. Jimenez has done and the judge’s ruling. You will get the outcry of the community. With that, the judge may re-evaluate the ruling he made. Again, he is elected and wants to keep his bench.”

I shook our attorneys hand as we got on the elevator. I know we have a lot to think about. For now I think we should just see how the charges go with Chris’s dad. Who knows? Maybe the court he is in on those charges will correct the wrong done by this court today and convict him altogether.

(JOSHUA’S POINT OF VIEW)

Bernice just laughed at me all the way home. She thought I looked funny in uniform. I, on the other hand, thought I looked kind of hot. The minute we walked into my room I got out of uniform. I have gotten used to changing in front of Bernice already.

We sat there doing our normal routine. I didn’t have that much homework today and neither did Bernice. That gave us more time to talk about things going on in our lives right now.

For the first time, Bernice opened up about the girl she likes. She doesn’t know if the girl is gay or not but really hopes she is. When Bernice told me her name I didn’t know her. It isn’t like I look at all the girls. I am gay, remember? Still, for Bernice’s sake I hope this girl is gay.

I was glad to be here to listen to Bernice for a change. We are always talking about me and Chris. Tonight I am able to help her through her questions. When I walked her to her dad’s car, I felt I wasn’t much help. But Bernice never shared with me that I wasn’t.

After dinner I know my mom is thinking about my dad. She looks really worried about him. I know she is used to speaking with him at least twice a week. Now that the war started, she won’t speak get as many calls, if any at all.

When I asked her permission to visit Chris at Coach’s house, she didn’t put up a fight. She just said yes and to be careful. I know she hasn’t changed her mind about Chris. She just has her mind on my dad at the moment. The other issue is still there, churning around underneath.

All night I kept tossing and turning. I really wanted to be there when Chris got out today. I wanted to hold his hand and be the shoulder for him to lean on. But Coach wouldn’t let me ditch school to see Chris get released. So I have to wait for the weekend to see Chris.

(DANIEL LOPEZ POINT OF VIEW)

I just gave the hardest order of my life. I ordered the men and women of our Army to begin the ground assault. We have been waiting for several days to begin our attack. I just wanted to make sure to soften the ground a little before I did send the youth of our nation to battle.

The first phase of the assault was to soften the battle lines. I ordered our ships at sea to start laying down fire against the Iraqi forces before us. We knew exactly where to fire because we not only have satellite pictures but also intelligence information from human sources!

Once I felt we did all we were able to do to soften the ground, I put into action the second phase of the ground assault which is to order in our troops. The second phase is the one I really didn’t look forward to. I wasn’t afraid of war for myself, but I am the person that is now ordering the attack to begin. I decided early on to be with the men and women of our Army that I am giving orders to. I decided to be in the front tank of the forward unit.

As we started over the dunes in the dessert, the wind started blowing up the sand in our direction. It made it so hard to see inches in front of our faces. We wouldn’t even know if we were smack on top of an Iraqi unit.

The first fire was fired by a unit not more then a football field length in front of us. That damn thing went right above my head. I could have put my arm up and touched the missile that got fired at us. I broke radio silence for the first time.

“We have made contact ladies and gentlemen. It is time to show these Iraqis we aren’t to be fooled with. Once you have a clear shot, shoot them back to where they came from.”

Instantly ground shots started flying. The sky started lighting up with the tanks of the Iraqis exploding into flames. Single hits to the tanks made them explode. That tells me they didn’t keep up their equipment right. Not doing so, we are going to run right over them.

Within hours the Iraqi soldiers that lay in wait for us surrendered, died on the battle field, or ran for dear life leaving their weapons behind. One thing is for sure; we can’t become over confident in ourselves. This battle was easy, but it doesn’t mean the others will be so.

As we started settling in to begin our next offensive drives into the desert of Kuwait. I noticed one of the Iraqi soldiers walking funny. But what really caught my attention is the way he kept looking at our formations. I just couldn’t stop looking at this guy.

Then it happened. He yelled something that I couldn’t understand as he ran at a unit of my men. I jumped off the tank to catch him before he made it to my men. Just as I caught up to him, he undid his shirt. I saw he had some kind of homemade bomb strapped to his body.

At that point all I could think of is the welfare of my men. As I grabbed a hold of the Iraqi soldier, I started to turn him around. Just as I threw him away from us, the bomb went off.

(JOSHUA’S POINT OF VIEW)

I hit the snooze button on my alarm clock for the second time this morning. I knew it is going to be a crappy day. I didn’t sleep well at all! I want to be there so much when Chris gets out of the hospital.

I dragged my butt out of bed to get ready for school. I threw on jeans and a t-shirt with running shoes and nearly stumbled down to grab breakfast and then out the door to school. I walked into the cafeteria to find the guys where they normally sit. So I joined them and just got into the conversation that they were in.

As we left the cafeteria Patrick surprised me. He pulled me aside to talk with me.

“Josh, I want to ask you if it is cool if one of my friends join our group here?”

“Patrick, it is cool with me and I know it will be cool with the rest.”

“Thank you, Josh. You don’t know how much this means to me. Ever since I became friends with you guys, I left my friend to fend on his own. I really don’t feel right doing that to him.”

“Patrick, as I have said before to you, the more the merrier!”

Patrick just smiled showing his white teeth. His smile made me smile as well. I feel good that Patrick is going to have his ‘friend’ join us from now on. Simple reason is that Patrick is going to be close to him and be happy.

Bernice’s dad needed her to go straight home today so I walked home alone after practice. I wasn’t used to walking alone anymore. It felt really weird to me. I actually found myself talking to myself as I walked.

After I did my homework I went down to watch TV. My brothers are still at football practice. It must have run over. As usual, my mom is in the kitchen making dinner so that means is by the time my mother finishes dinner we had all better be home.

The phone rang several times before I got up to answer it. Normally my mom doesn’t allow us to answer the phone when she is at home. The minute the voice on the other side came through, I nearly dropped the phone. It is Chris on the other end of the line.

“Hey man! How are you doing Chris?”

“I am doing better than before! At least I am out of that hospital and back at Coach’s house.”

“That is good Chris! I am so glad to hear you are out and feeling good. I can’t wait until you get back to school. You are missing so much gossip, I don’t even k now where to start telling you.”

“Just start with the most interesting and work your way from there.”

I sat there on the phone telling Chris everything from the fight between Bernice and Elizabeth to what I saw I the bathroom with Patrick. I forgot that Chris hasn’t met Patrick or Billy for that matter yet. So I told him what both looked like.

I asked him that if he thinks he is going to be able to go to the Glee match this Friday. Coach told Chris he had a choice between the Glee or swim team match. He chose the swim team match because he could see me in tight Speedos. I couldn’t help but laugh at what he just said. Coach either isn’t home or in another room, because I know Chris. He wouldn’t be talking like that if anyone is in ear shot from him.

Chris told me he could walk, but not very far. He gets tired quickly and his brain isn’t sending the messages to his legs all the time to move. When that happens he falls flat on his butt or face. I promised Chris I will help him get better.

For the next half hour Chris and I talked about everything accept our feelings for each other. I am glad for that because I know my mom is listening to what I am saying on my end. As soon as my brothers walked in, I said my goodbyes to Chris.

The next morning started just like the morning before. This time I had gotten some good sleep. I didn’t toss and turn and I had a damn wet dream about Chris. As each day passes, I seem to want him even more. I can’t remember the last time I had a wet dream. I realize too that having a wet dream says I’m not taking business in hand as much as I need to either. I have to take care of things better from now on so I don’t have this problem.

I crawled out of bed and pulled off my sheets. I went into the linen closet to get some clean sheets for my bed. Once I fixed my bed and showered again, I went down to throw my crusty sheets into the wash before my brothers could see. I knew if they saw me carrying my sheets, they would have a field day with it.

When I met the guys for breakfast, Patrick introduced his friend to us for the first time. Patrick actually looked nervous as we shook his hand. I finally got the name of the guy that was giving Patrick the time of his life in the restroom the other day.

Frank is his name and man he isn’t a bad looking guy at all. Patrick can really pick the good ones out there. I now can see he is pure Hispanic, but he has these blue eyes that I just can’t seem to stop looking into.

When he sat down at the table, he sat near Patrick. We accepted him to our group with no problem. We just went on with what we were talking about before he came over. Frank actually joined in.

The bell rang to begin the day. We all got up from the table to head to homeroom. Mr. Shredder never let’s me down when I need to a pick me upper. The bell rang and here come Mr. Shredder walking into the classroom on his hands. He actually started doing roll call as he walked to his desk on his hands.

Mr. Shredder actually misjudged the distance that was left to his desk that he tumbled over. We all got up to see if he got hurt. Just as we got up, Mr. Shredder jumped up on his feet with a smile on his face.

“Someone moved my desk on me! I know how far it is from the desk. Anyways how is everyone this morning?”

We all said in one way another ‘great’. Mr. Shredder shrugged the fall off and headed to the black board to begin class. He makes learning so damn fun. Before I knew it, the bell rang ending class. I walked out in a lot better mood than when I walked in.

The rest of the morning went pretty good. By lunch I was back to my normal self. While we ate, Patrick with Frank kept making us laugh with jokes and imitations of movie stars. Frank does complete Patrick and makes him a better person.

In Glee Mr. Edger rearranged the order of the songs we are to sing. After he did it several times, he finally found the combination he liked. Ever since Mr. Edger spoke with the class, we practiced even harder than before.

Coach started practice by calling a team meeting. We changed but stayed in the locker room for the Coach to talk with us.

“I just wanted to let you all know that Chris got released from the hospital yesterday. He is doing well and healing very quickly. Although he is back at home he won’t return to the team this year. That means the rest of you need to cover the slots Chris was competing in. I know we lost a good swimmer this year, but I still believe we have the talent on this team to win our meets.”

With that the Coach released us to practice. Today Coach wasn’t only present in body but in mind as well. He caught every mistake we made and boy, he didn’t let us forget it when he did.

By the time practice was over, my legs hurt so badly. I thought they were going to fall off. I quickly changed to meet Bernice outside the building. Ever since what happened between her and Elizabeth, I have had her meet me outside the building so I knew she is safe.

All the way to my house we talked about Chris and the dream I had about him the night before. I didn’t want to get into detail with Bernice about the dream. But Bernice wasn’t going to let it go unless she got the details. We decided to talk about it after we finished our homework.

Once I closed my book, I felt Bernice’s eyes burning a hole right through my head. I looked up to her and smiled.

“Ok Bernice I will tell you what I dreamed about. But please don’t tell a soul about this!”

“Come on Josh you should know me by now. I never repeat what we talk about here in this room or anywhere else!”

With that I just went into the dream. “Chris and I were at a public pool, where I can’t say. But I know it was a public pool because I was helping Chris rebuild his leg muscles. We decided to use the water to do that.

I held Chris up by his waist in the pool. Every so often I would brush across his dick with my hand by accident or rub my dick into the crack of his butt. Every time I brushed against Chris’s dick, he seemed to be getting harder. So I decided to see if he actually is hard or it was just me hoping.

I picked Chris up in the water and placed him on his back. I told him to float above water. He closed his eyes as he concentrated on floating above the water.

I looked down Chris’s body starting from his head to his neck to his well defined chest, a beginning six pack. One thing I noticed for the first time is that he didn’t have any hair on his body except the treasure trail leading from his belly button to his swim shorts. Other than, that he has a smooth chest.

As I looked down at his crotch, I saw he did have a hard on. It is very visible through the wet shorts. I decided to take my chances. My dick is already raging hard, fighting to break loose from my swim shorts.

I looked at Chris’s face and decided to go for my first kiss. I leaned in to kiss Chris for the first time. As our lips touched, he returned the kiss to me. Before I knew it, we started playing tonsil hockey with our tongues.

I broke the kiss after about five minutes playing tonsil hockey with him. I started kissing his neck as I made my way down to the strings of his swim shorts. I started untying his shorts in order to get my hand in them. I finally got them undone and…….”

All of a sudden there was a knock at the door. Bernice and I looked at each other then at the door. I yelled for whoever is at my door to go away. Just my luck, they didn’t. Instead the door opened and Brandon stuck his head in.

“Hey bro, I was wondering if you have time to help me with my math homework.”

I looked over at Bernice to see what her reaction is. She looked disappointed that I didn’t finish the story, but I know she understood. She smiled at me as I got up! I leaned over to her to kiss her on the cheek.

“I promise to continue the story once I am done helping my brother.” I whispered in Bernice’s ear.

Bernice shook her head in the positive as she got up. We joined Brandon in his room to help him out with his home work. Bernice isn’t that good with math! So she wasn’t that much of help to Brandon or me. Once I showed Brandon the short cuts how to do the problems, he found it easy to do his math homework.

By the time I finished with helping Brandon, it was time for Bernice to leave. I walked her outside to wait for her father. Just as I started to tell her my dream, her dad drove into our driveway. We both laughed as I walked her to the car.

Soon after Bernice left we were sitting down having dinner. My mom started telling us that she needed help with replacing some light bulbs to the ceiling fan in the den. The ceiling in the den is so high! We needed a ladder to do anything with the ceiling fan.

Brandon promised to change out the light bulbs after dinner. I decided to help him by getting the step ladder from the garage. By the time Brandon and I had the ladder, Daniel and Carlos were in the den fooling around.

I yelled at them to get out of our way, but they didn’t. It seemed by me yelling at them made them fool around even more. So Brandon and I decided to change out the light bulbs with them in there.

Brandon set up the ladder as I went into the storage closet to get the light bulbs. By the time I returned to the den Brandon already had the burned out light bulbs out. I started handing him the new light bulbs when Daniel and Carlos started wrestling in the den. Just as I started thinking these fools are going to hurt each other, the worst happened.

They somehow moved into the middle of the den where the ladder is set up at. They were not paying attention to what the hell they were doing. Just as I started yelling at them to watch out, they ran right into the ladder.

They tipped the ladder over with Brandon on top of it. With nothing for Brandon to grab a hold of, he came crashing down. When Brandon hit the ground, his head hit the coffee table that we had moved to the side.

I ran up to Brandon as well as Daniel and Carlos did. Brandon wasn’t moving at all. I couldn’t tell if he was breathing or not. All I could see is blood coming out from some from his body. I turned to Daniel and Carlos and yelled at them;

“Get mom and call 911 NOW!”

TO BE CONTINUED………………..

NOTE TO READERS:

{What in the world was Daniel and Carlos thinking? Didn’t they think they could run into the ladder while they wrestled? I really hope Brandon is ok, because Brandon right now seems to be Josh’s only alley in that house. Elizabeth doesn’t want to go away at all. She knows she has lost, but still wants revenge on Josh. Fine, let have her revenge on Josh, but leave his friends and Bernice out of it. All she is doing is making herself look bad. I still don’t think we have seen the last of Elizabeth. Patrick is becoming good friends with Josh. I think the friendship between Patrick and Josh is going to be strong because of them both being gay. I really don’t think they will ever hook up, but who knows the future. Right now Patrick has his boyfriend and Josh is trying to begin a relationship with Chris. Talking about Chris, he is back home, but is he out of the woods yet? Or is he rushing it to fast to return to school? The courts didn’t work in Chris’s favor. I wonder if the Coach told Chris about what is happening with his father and the courts. There is a so much to answer in the chapters to come. Keep reading the future chapters, and enjoy! Please email me and let me know how I am doing at jacobmillertex@aol.com, Thanks!}
EDITOR’S CORNER:

Dang, another cliffhanger! I’m caught up with Jacob with my editing, so, like you, I have to wait! GRRRR! I should let the new chapters accumulate some so I am not among the tortured!

I had to giggle; crusty sheets…what teen hasn’t had THAT issue to deal with, trying at the same time working it so to keep one’s dignity and privacy! Yup, Josh has it right; take matters in hand before one has a mess to deal with! Somehow I don’t expect Josh’s mom would be subtle about it either.
Oh, a first class cat fight! How fun! I’m waiting for the next one between Elizabeth and Bernice. If I were in the crowd, I’d be cheering Bernice on to victory. Elizabeth is obsessed and is going to keep things lively, I expect.

Brandon had better be OK, or I’m going to jump in my truck and drive to El Paso and kick some author butt! Just so you all know, I’m a Texan, like Jacob, and I live in Dallas.

Ok, a little about me, in case you’re curious; I am an educator, I live with my partner of eight years. We enjoy home, work and entertaining our great circle of friends. As I write, spring is making its appearance after an unusually hard winter, for Dallas. I’m so ready to have the swimming pool warm enough to use. Right now, if one were to get in, one would have a serious case of “shrinkage” !

If you want to know more, when you e-mail, just ask.

Until next time, find the good in life and embrace it.

“Daddy” Rick

Copyright © 2013 JacobMillerTex; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

ok caught up on the story, waiting to see what happens to Liz, that little lady needs to get a life and knock her crap off, the world does not revolve around her, i think you have it all wrong on the judge giving that ugly man custody of his son back, all the evidence against him no judge would do that, and what ever happened to CPS stepping in, what the heck was a school counsler getting in the middle of it and asking the child anything and what happen to the PO that was filed against the father, this has me confused with the story line, this might be a fiction story but i am sure this would not happen in the real world, or should i say i HOPE it does not happen, thanks for responding to my other post and letting me this is a stand alone story. Keep up the good working on telling your stories, enjoying reading them :2thumbs:

Link to comment

Okay so how is the mother going to blame this on josh cause you know her two babies didn't do a thing wrong. Hopefully he is alright. Sheesh everyone around josh is getting hurt hope this isn't a precedent. What about his dad how bad did he get hurt with the bomber.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..