Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Shadow of my Father - 32. Chapter 32

Football season is over, but that doesn’t mean the cheerleaders are done as well. Elizabeth arrived early in the gym to begin practice with the junior squad. She is still worried about having allowed herself to show her cards before she is ready to do so! She not only slapped Josh in front of her friends, but in front of Jonathan, the head of Josh’s security detail who has Josh’s father’s ear.

Elizabeth knows that she is on thin ice as it is with Principal Michaels. He is just waiting for any little thing to get rid of her. Now she might just given him what he needs to expel her with what she did yesterday. Elizabeth got snapped back to reality when several of her friends walked up to her.

“Heather is looking for you. She doesn’t look happy at all!” Emma spoke as she and the other two walked up to Elizabeth.

“Well, there’s no doubt she heard what happened yesterday. She wants to show me she’s the boss and kick me off the squad again. You guys saw how he provoked me. They were kissing in public and we just told them not to be doing that. They could have stopped and walked away, but they didn’t. I had no other choice.”

“We agree and will stand up for you. Why don’t you just leave and we will make an excuse why you aren’t here. Let us make clear to her that if she kicks you off the squad again, we will walk with you. There is no way Heather will loose the entire squad.”

Elizabeth agreed with Emma and left the gym. She made her way down the hall and just as she turned the corner, she ran right into Bernice. They stood in the middle of the hall looking at each other, Elizabeth is confused as to why Bernice is not walking off.

“You know you little bitch, I wasn’t going to look for you, but man you make it easy. I promised Josh that I wasn’t going to do anything to you for what you did to him yesterday. But the promise came with a caveat that clause I wouldn’t look for you. But here you are, falling right into my hands.”

Bernice looks Elizabeth straight into her eyes. She can see the fear in Elizabeth that she is trying so hard to hide. At this point, Bernice came to a conclusion that she won’t just let Elizabeth walk off, not when she walked right into her.

Before Elizabeth could talk, Bernice slapped her across the face. Knocking Elizabeth back a couple of feet! Bernice followed up with several more slaps stunning Elizabeth even more. All she could do is raise her hands to protect her face.

“How does it feel being slapped in the face? You don’t like it do you, you little bitch? This dance you and I have is getting old. I don’t want you as a dance partner. So this will be our last dance and I will make sure of that.”

Once again Bernice slapped Elizabeth in the face. This time Elizabeth covered up her face from the main hit. That angered Bernice so Bernice grabbed Elizabeth’s hair and tossed her across the hallway. All through this, Elizabeth is unable to defend herself. All she can do is try and put up a protective barrier between her and Bernice.

Bernice getting tired of chasing Elizabeth down the hall, she grabbed Elizabeth’s hair again and tossed her to the ground. Now with Elizabeth on the ground, Bernice had the chance to jump on top of her. She did and just started to wale on Elizabeth. Slap after slap landed all over Elizabeth’s face, neck and upper body.

When Bernice saw that Elizabeth has completely given up and didn’t even try to cover her face anymore, she got off of her. As Bernice towered over Elizabeth on the ground, she could see the blood leaking from different areas of Elizabeth’s face plus red marks.

She knelt down and pulled a permanent marker out of her purse. Bernice moved Elizabeth’s face and started writing on it. Once she finished writing on Elizabeth’s face, she took out a bottle of dye she bought for use in her science project. She mixed it and tossed it in Elizabeth’s hair. Bernice got up and looked down at Elizabeth.

“This is the last time we are going to talk. You some much look at Josh, me or our friends we will do more than just dance. You lost him bitch and you better get used to it. Move on and get another boyfriend. Josh is off the market and even if he was on the market, he doesn’t like girls, so nothing you do is going to change that.”

Bernice walked down the hall straightening herself up. When she walked into the cafeteria, it didn’t look like she just finished beating up someone. She grabbed her breakfast and joined Eric and the others at their table.

Eric noticed that Bernice is flushed and breathing a little hard. At first he just thought she ran to the cafeteria. Then he saw several red marks on her neck. He knows that she did something that she shouldn’t have done.

“You know Josh you told us a riddle before you left and never gave us the answer. That proves my point when I tell you guys that we should never ask Josh for riddles. I have said over and over gain that he doesn’t give us the answers to them.” Patrick looked at Josh trying to egg him on for the answer of the riddle.

“Well you guys, I have said over and over again myself, I give you time to try and figure out the answer to my riddles. Now since none of you came up with the answer, and Patrick here is right. It is time for me to reveal the answer. Now the riddle I…….”

“You won’t believe what just happened.” Heather sat down at the table out of breath. “I was looking for Elizabeth all morning, but she wasn’t around. When I ran into her little group of friends, they actually stood up for her. They even went as far as to tell me if I kick Elizabeth off the team, they will go as well, like that is going to stop me.

Anyways, as I am talking with Emma and the others, Elizabeth comes walking into the gym. I walked over and I couldn’t help but laugh. I know that was mean of me, but man you should have seen her!”

Everyone leaned forward to get the juicy gossip from Heather. “Someone, she won’t say who, beat her up in the hallway leading to the gym. After whoever beat her up, they wrote on Elizabeth’s forehead ‘I AM A BITCH’.” Everyone started laughing at what they are hearing. “No that is not all you guys. Get a load of this. We tried to wash it off and it was written with permanent marker!

Not only that, whoever beat her up also put some kind of dye in her hair. When we washed it out, it turned her hair blue. I am telling you everyone started laughing at her. She ran out of the bathroom crying. I don’t have the heart to kick her off the squad anymore because we have Polaroid’s of her.”

Heather took out the pictures and showed everyone at the table. They passed them around laughing at the pictures with her hair blue and the writing on her forehead. Eric turned to Bernice and knew that it was her that did this. He knows that because she told him last night that she needs to stop at the store before school and buy some dye.

“Well it looks like what goes around comes around as they say. Elizabeth got her just desserts for slapping you yesterday Josh,” Patrick said, barely able to stop laughing enough to tell Josh and the others!

Heather gathered the pictures up when she saw Principal Michaels walk into the cafeteria. He looked around the cafeteria and once he spotted Heather, Principal Michaels walked over to the table.

“Heather I understand there was a problem during your practice session this morning. Elizabeth is in my office crying as she waits for her parents to come and pick her up. I don’t like doing this because Elizabeth more than likely deserved what she got. But I need the pictures. Whatever was put in her hair is causing her hair to fall out.”

Bernice sat back feeling like crap. She didn’t mean for that to happen to Elizabeth. She just wanted her to stop being such a bitch to Josh. Nothing that she did this morning to Elizabeth this morning was planned; it just happened.

Eric looked at Bernice and knew she felt like crap. “Principal Michaels, what will happen if Elizabeth tries to blame someone here at this table for what had happened to her? You know her as well as we do. She doesn’t like anyone in our group and she will use this as a chance to push the blame on to us.”

“I thought of that and I won’t believe her unless someone backs her story. That someone has to be a student or teacher that has no ties with Elizabeth. Her friends, just like friends do, will lie for her as you would lie for each other if need be. So Heather, do you have the pictures she told me you guys took?” Principal Michaels put out his hand for the pictures.

Heather pulled them out of her back pocket and handed them over. The Principal looked through the pictures and a quick smile crossed his face. He started to walk off and then turned back around and walked back to the table.

“Whoever did this to Elizabeth, gave her back the medicine she has been giving herself to others. I don’t condone this in my school, but good job, whoever. I really hope I never find out.” Principal Michaels winked, and smiled as he walked off.

Heather sat down and looked around the table. “I know it had to be someone at this table that did that. Hats off to whoever did it. I couldn’t stop laughing when I saw her. I know whenever I see her; I won’t be able to stop myself from laughing.”

Once again everyone started to laugh. No one else at the table even though that one of them did that to Elizabeth! The bell rang and they all got up still laughing. Josh and Cesar walked down to their lockers. They are so busy talking they didn’t even hear Chris yelling for them down the hall.

Chris ran up and joined Josh and Cesar. They got to their lockers, got their morning books and headed off to class. By third period rumors started to float around the school about what had happened to Elizabeth. By the time Josh and them heard the rumor, so many people added to it so it is way bigger than what actually happened to Elizabeth.

After eating their lunch, Josh, Cesar and Chris separated from the group. They walked to the very end of the stadium to talk in private. Their talk turned to them looking at the male population of the school and rating them.

“That guy on the field; now he is hot! His girlfriend knows that and that is why she is all over him. She wants to let the others girls know that he is taken. I can promise you that he has fucked every girl that is around him.” Chris pointed to one of the football players.

“That is no lie; he is hot! Still I wouldn’t want a guy like that. Now look over there on the steps in the middle of the stadium. He looks like a loner. Everyday when we come out here and play around, I never see anyone talking to him.

He looks like he is in our grade, maybe a year above us. He isn’t built, but he isn’t skinny. He isn’t ugly either. The guy is hot and a person doesn’t have to worry about him cheating on them. He looks like a guy that would be faithful. If I wasn’t with Josh, and if he was my type, I would go for it.”

“Why do you think he is my type? You and I both like Josh, so we have the same taste in guys. Also we don’t even know if he is gay like us. I don’t want to walk up to a guy and say something that might get them to punch me in the face.”

Cesar stood up straight looking at Chris. “Don’t take what I said wrong, Chris. I know your taste. What I meant to say is that he isn’t my type in that I am taken. I am not free and on the market anymore. I should have chosen my words better.

As far as finding out about the gay issue, you don’t just go up and hit on the guy. You go and talk with him, just like you did with Josh before you guys got together. No matter how hard a person tries to hide that they are gay, through talking, we let a little slip out and we don’t even know that we did it.”

Josh pointed out another guy and they talked about him. It went back and forth, over and over again between the two of them. Some how it always came back to the lonely kid sitting on the steps in the middle of the stadium!

“Okay if none of you have the guts to go and talk with him, then I will.” Josh started to walk over to the kid.

Cesar and Chris caught up to Josh. They didn’t say a word as they walked over to the kid. Josh stopped a couple of steps above him. They just looked at him before going down to him. Josh is trying to figure him out before he starts talking with him.

“Hello there, my name Josh, what is yours?” Josh walked to the kid’s side and extended his hand for the kid to shake.

The kid looked up at Josh, blinded by the sun. “What do you want? I am not doing anything or bothering anybody. Just leave me alone please!”

Josh bent down in front of the kid. There’s no doubt in Josh’s mind the kid is in their grade. He has seen him in a couple of his classes. He sits way in the back in the corner keeping to himself. He never speaks and the teachers never call on him.

“Look I know you don’t know me and if I were in your shoes right now I would have said the same thing. My friends and I were standing over there and I saw you sitting here alone. I have seen you sitting here every day alone since the beginning of the school year. I just wanted to come down and say hi. I have been where you are and it sucks.”

The kid folded up his note book and put it in his bag. He dusted his hand before extended it for Josh to shake. Josh accepted his hand. “I am sorry for acting like a jerk. My name is Rusty, Josh; it is nice to meet you.”

“It is nice to meet you Rusty. This is my very good friend Chris and this guy is my boyfriend Cesar. I hope that you aren’t offended with me and Cesar being gay. I know some people around here are.”

“No I am not offended. I can’t be offended with what you are because I am the same way. Plus I knew you the minute I looked up. Everyone in this school knows you and your brothers. Not in person, but we all know about you.”

Josh looked over to Chris and winked at him. Rusty just answered their question about him being gay. He didn’t say it straight out, but he said it. Chris walked over to the other side of Rusty and sat down. Cesar sat down beside Josh as they talked.

“Rusty I know this might seem weird to you, but we would like it if you would think of joining our little group of friends. You don’t have to give me an answer today, just think about it. I don’t like seeing people being outcast if I can help it. You seem to be a normal person; just you had bad run of luck that’s all.”

“I will think about it and thank you Josh. I don’t make friends easily. That is why I am sitting here alone. You guys are the first to come up to talk with me in a while. I know that sounds sad, but it is the truth.”

They sat talking until the bell rang. Josh got up, pulling Cesar up with him. They shook Rusty’s hand before leaving. Josh turned and yelled at Rusty to think about what he offered. Josh turned back around thinking that he can’t believe that Cesar spotted another one like them half way across the stadium.

Josh looked over to Chris and saw that Chris looks worried. “Chris listen, if he doesn’t like you or you don’t like him that is fine. We all can become good friends and we will leave it like that. Just don’t worry about anything before it actually happens.”

“I know that you’re right Josh, but I can’t help it. You know how hard it was for us to get together. I can’t go through that again, I just can’t. Maybe what I need is to stay out of the dating world for now; just work myself in little at a time.”

“We aren’t going to push you to go where you aren’t ready to go yet. Let’s get to know Rusty and see what type of person he is. Maybe through that you will fall for him. But if not, like Josh said, we will just have him as a friend.”

Chris nodded in agreement to Cesar. They reached their lockers to grab their books for the afternoon classes. Josh knows that that they are jumping the gun. They don’t even know if Rusty is going to take them up on their offer to be friends. If Rusty chooses to stay a loner, all of what they are talking about is moot.

After school, Emma walked straight to Elizabeth’s house. She could not get off of her mind all day long on who did that stuff to her friend. Even on her way over to Elizabeth's house she couldn't stop thinking about it. She knows for sure it was not Heather or any of the other cheerleaders because they were all in the gym at the time.

She knocked on the door and waited for Elizabeth to answer. Instead Elizabeth's father answered the door. He looked at Emma trying to figure out the same thing that Emma could get off her mind all day long.

“I know you are one of my daughter's best friends. But for now, she doesn't want any visitors. She is hurting and not coming out of her room. So you better just come back tomorrow or maybe Thursday, and she'll be ready to talk.”

“Sir, with all due respect, we want to find out who did that to her. We can’t allow anyone to walk around the schools thinking that they could do this kind of stuff and get away with it. Please let me try to talk with her if she refuses to answer her door I will leave and come back as you want.”

Elizabeth's father got out of the way and allowed Emma to come in. As she walked towards his daughter's room. He kept an eye on her, but knew that she wasn't the one that did that to his daughter. He waited to see if Elizabeth would let her in.

Emma knocked on the door and waited for Elizabeth to say something. When she didn’t hear anything she knocked again. This time, Elizabeth yelled out to leave her alone and to stop bothering her.

“Elizabeth, its Emma, please let me in.” Emma leaned against the door as she spoke.

Emma waited to see if Elizabeth will let her in. At first she didn’t hear any noise coming from the room and then she saw the door handle wiggle as it got unlocked. Emma opened the door and walked in to find Elizabeth sitting on her bed.

Elizabeth has a scarf around her head to hide the fact that she had to shave her head. Emma walked over and sat next to Elizabeth. She grabbed a hold of her hand as she just sat in silence looking into Elizabeth's eyes.

“I don't know how I am ever going to be able to show my face again at school looked at what they did to me Emma.” Elizabeth's pulled off her scarf to show Emma her bald head. “That stuff that was put in my hair not only bleached it, it actually made it fallout! How can I walk around the school with no hair?”

Emma rubbed Elizabeth's head. “You can hide that easily by a wig, but if you don’t show up, the people that did this to you will know that they have won. The Elizabeth I know doesn’t quit or allow anyone to run her off. This shouldn’t be an exception to the rule. Don't allow them the satisfaction, Elizabeth.”

Elizabeth shook her head and just sat there in silence as Emma talked. She knows that her friend is right, and she can’t allow anyone to run her off. She got up from her bed and walked over to her dresser to pull out of box that has the wig her father bought her earlier in the day. Just like Emma, her father told her the same thing.

“We need to get back the person that did this to you. If it's more than one person, we will get them all back. They can’t be walk around the school thinking that they can get away with what they did to you. You know as well as I do that Principal Michaels isn't going to spend any of his time finding out who did this to you.”

“I agree with you on Principal Michaels he isn't going to do anything about this. I also agree that we do need to get back the person that did this to me. But for now I'm going to keep that person's name to myself until I devise a plan to get her back. When I do she won’t walk away like she allowed me to.”

Emma got up and helped Elizabeth put on the wig. They tried to comb it out into a style, but couldn't, so they decided to go down to a salon to get it done. That way when she goes to school in the morning, there is no way anyone would be able to tell that she is wearing a wig.

Josh, Cesar and Chris quickly did their homework before going back down to watch TV. After dinner, Jonathan asked to speak with them. They didn’t go to the study, but to the den instead. Jonathan believes that the study is Governors Lopez's office and he doesn’t want to disrespect his boss.

“Boys there are a couple things I need to speak with you guys about. Let me start off by saying this to you guys. We aren’t trying to dictate to you or your friends or who you can hang out with. But when ever you decide to become friends with somebody new, we need to clear them. We need to make sure that they aren’t a threat to you, this family or your father. I know that is a high price to pay, but it has to be done.”

“Are you telling me that when ever I want to become friends with somebody at school, I have to go to you before hand?” Josh looked at Jonathan with discuss in his face.

“I know you don't like this Josh and I don't want to do this. Your father is Governor, and there are people out there that would do anything to get to him. That even includes involving his kids in order to get to him. Everybody in this state and in the nation knows that your dad would do anything to keep you guys safe.

Josh, please don't think they were trying to control your life. If you guys want this new kid to be friends with you, no problem; we will check him and his family out. More than likely we won’t find anything on him or his family. I don't suspect anything because this kid has been at your school since the beginning of the school year.”

“Fine, I understand, and please check him out. We offered him a chance to become friends with us. He hasn't given us an answer but if there's something wrong, we can stay away from him when ever he approaches us.”

“Good Josh and thank you for understanding. Now on to the other pressing matter that I have to speak with you guys about. We got a hold of Chris’s foster parents without a problem, but we are having a problem getting a hold of your dad Cesar.

We know that he goes out of town a lot dealing with his job. So we checked in with his job to see when he is due back, but we got surprising news. He hasn't been working for this company for over a year. Since he hasn't been in the picture that much, we didn’t do the kind of background check that we do with everybody else that gets near the Governor and his family. That is how this escaped us.

Now we did do a full background check on your father and your complete family Cesar. There are way too many inconsistencies in your father's background that we can’t figure out. Everything is pointing to wrong doing on his part. Even when he worked, ninety percent of the time your father never showed up to work. That’s why he got fired.

When we left to Austin your father was brought in for questioning by the local police department. This is not the first time he's been brought in and just like the other times. They had to let him go because of insufficient evidence. We believe now, he actually is on the run from the law.”

“What does all this mean Jonathan? Are you telling us that Cesar can’t be here because of his father?” Josh got up, and had anger on his face.

“What I'm trying to say here Josh is that Cesar's father can’t be around you, this family or your father. If he returns back to El Paso and Cesar goes home. I am sorry to say this, but Cesar wouldn’t be allowed in this house either.

We aren’t trying to tell Cesar to choose between his father and you. With the facts at hand, we believe Cesar's father won’t come back to El Paso. He's afraid to get arrested and that is what's going to happen if it comes back. With that said, Cesar's father is going to try to reach out to him and ask him to join him. That is when you're going to have to make a decision Cesar.”

Josh looked over to Cesar to see if he could read his face. The only thing Josh is getting off of Cesar's expression is surprise. By the looks of it he never knew that his father was a criminal and provided for the family by breaking the law.

“If I don’t go back to my father Jonathan, I will end up being put into foster care. I am not going to be as lucky as Chris getting Coach and his wife for his foster parents. I am too old and people aren’t looking for teenagers to adopt. They want babies so they can bring them up the way they want them to be. Plus, I am gay. There is no way anyone in this state will adopt me.”

“What we need all do is settle down. I spoke with the Governor and he has instructed me what to do in this area. For now you're going to stay here like you have been. We will look for your father, but not hard. That way no one can say that we aren’t looking for him. We are going to assume your father is coming back for you.

Don't get worried about anything right now that isn't a real issue. As we look for your father, the Governor has hired an adoption attorney. They are going to start getting the paperwork rolling to take your father's parental rights away. That way you are able to be adopted. At that point, we will file the paperwork. At no time, you will end up in the system. So don't worry about what you are thinking right now.”

Cesar looked at Josh, trying to figure out what to do. He doesn't want his family problems to interfere in Josh's father's career. After watching Josh's father run for governor this last time, he knows that politicians will use anything they can to get elected. This will be like a kid in a candy store in the political world.

“Has the Governor really thought about doing this? He does realize by having me around he is giving ammunition for others to use. I don't want to be the cause of any problems for the Governor or Josh. I love Josh way too much to become a problem.”

“That is noble of you, the way you are thinking Cesar. The Governor thought of it and decided on this course of action. In the next couple days he is going to have a news conference to let the public know on what is going on. Now that news conference is going to depend on what you decide here tonight and I report back to him.

One thing, the Governor learned in this election is that the public doesn't care about what's going on in his personal life just as long as he doesn't cover it up or try to fix it by the power of his office. The people want a truthful leader, and they will forgive that leader almost everything as long as the leader is the one that comes out and tells them what is going on, and how he is dealing with it.”

“I love my father, but I don't know him. I really don't think he's going to reach out to me like you say he is. He is gone and gone for good. The reason I say this is because he abandoned me once before, and it didn't hurt him. Now he is gone, and I can guarantee you, when we walk into his house, we will find everything of his gone as well.

Please let Josh's dad know that I will follow and do whatever he needs me to do. The only thing I see as a problem is if he adopts me, although we aren’t blood, Josh and I can’t date. People will consider us brothers and think bad about us dating after the adoption.” Cesar pulled Josh back to the couch to sit next to him.

“I will inform the Governor about your decision. One thing I guess I didn’t make clear is who will be adopting you. Governor Lopez is going to pay for everything, but I am going to be the one that will be adopting you. That way all the issues that you are thinking about we thought about first and resolved them.

Now enough with this sad and gloomy part of the evening! You boys don't worry about this stuff. Just be teenagers and go to high school and worry about high school problems. We will take care of everything so you guys don't have to worry.”

Jonathan got up to leave the den, but then remembered something else. “Oh by the way Josh, if your friends were the ones that did that thing to Elizabeth, tell them good job. As I looked over your shoulders at the pictures of her I couldn't stop myself from laughing either. That was some funny shit you guys did.”

Josh tried to say something, but Jonathan walked out. He turned to Cesar with a big smile on his face. All three boys got up and headed over to watch television with Josh's brothers. Before they knew it was time to get ready for school and go to bed.

The next morning during breakfast, the cafeteria went quiet when Elizabeth walked in. Josh and his group of friends looked at Elizabeth trying to figure out if she's wearing a wig or not. The only conclusion they came to is, if she is wearing a wig, whoever styled it made it looked like her real hair.

Josh's attention got pulled back to the conversation at hand. Josh, Cesar and Chris were telling the others about Rusty. None of them objected to having Rusty part of their group. In fact, they love the idea because the more they have the less chances that other groups will bother them at school.

“Now yesterday morning, we were talking about stupid riddles that you tell us Josh. You were about to give us the answer to the riddle that you told us before you left. I couldn't get the riddle out of my mind once we start talking about it, because I want the answer. So are you going to give us the answer or not Josh?”

Josh looked around at the faces of his friends as he cracked a smile. “You know my answer to that Eric. I would like to give you the answer to the riddle but you guys don't even try to solve it but I'll go ahead and just give you all the answer.

Let me tell you guys the riddle and then give you the answer to the riddle.” Josh looked at everyone again and they all shook their heads up and down. “Three brothers share a family sport. They run an endless marathon. They race every day and last the whole day long. The first of them is short and stout, the second tall and thin, the third is tiny, short and thin but he is sure to win. What are we?”

Josh looked around the table to see if any of them came up with the answer. From behind Josh, Rusty walked up and gave the answer to the riddle.

“The answer to your riddle is the clock hands. The first hand is the hour, the second hand is the minute and the last hand is the second hand!”

Everyone looked at Rusty and back over to Josh. “Come my friend and sit down. How did you know the answer to that riddle? Everyone here has had the riddle for weeks now and couldn’t figure out the answer. You come and hear it once and got it.”

“My father has a show on the radio. Everyday he tells a riddle. He used that riddle on his show I think over a month ago. Sometimes the callers get as angry as your friends were with you over the riddles he puts out there. The only difference he does is he gives the answer at the end of the show everyday. Your friends had to wait weeks for the answer.”

Every agreed with Rusty and threw something from their tray at Josh. After they settled down, Josh introduced Rusty to everyone else at the table. Just as they said, they took Rusty in with no problem.

The bell rang before they had a chance to head outside like they always do. They got lost into conversation; they didn’t pay attention to the time. Josh walked to first period thinking about what Jonathan told him the night before. They need to clear any new friends and their family before they can become friends. Josh walked back to Jonathan.

“Have you gotten any information on Rusty yet? Out of respect I need to let him know what is going on. That way if you guys find something he isn’t surprised when I tell him I can’t be friends with him.”

“Josh don’t worry about Rusty. We work fast when it comes to your friends and their families. Rusty and his family are clear and you can be friends with him. He seems to be a very good kid to have as a friend with what I gave read.”

Josh looked at Jonathan with a puzzled look on his face as he caught up with Cesar. He doesn’t understand what Jonathan meant at the end of his statement. They walked into the classroom right when the warning bell rang. Josh noticed as he took his seat that there is a sub sitting at the desk.

Jonathan noticed the same thing when he walked in. He walked over and asked the student in the desk next to Josh to switch seats with him. At the same time, the other security detail did the same thing with the students behind Josh and at his sides. The only one that didn’t get asked to move is Cesar.

The sub just sat there looking on as Josh’s security detail rearranged the seating. “I don’t know what is going on, but I don’t like it. I have a sitting chart and you need to be in your correct seat. If you aren’t, I will count you absent.”

Jonathan got up and pulled the sub out into the hall. A few minutes later they walked back in. The sub repeated what he said, but again no one moved. He filled out the attendance sheet. As he walked over to the door to put in the attendance sheet, Principal Michaels walked in. He looked over at Jonathan and waved him over. Jonathan got up and joined the Principal and the sub out in the hall.

“I didn’t even know that Mr. Shredder was absent today until a few minutes ago. There are different policies set up for this school whenever a sub comes in and teaches for us. You need to be on the approved list of teachers. I don’t know you and that means you aren’t on the approved list of teachers.”

“Excuse me sir, with all due respect, I am a teacher that subs all over El Paso school districts. I have never been turned away from doing my job. If you don’t want a problem from the teachers union, you will let me get back to my job.”

“Sir, this has been cleared through the teachers union. This gentleman here is in charge of the security around one of the Governor’s sons that is in this class. Any sub that walks into this class needs to be on the approved this. Once again you aren’t on that list, so you can’t sub for that reason alone. You are probably a good teacher, but you can’t sub in this school while we have the Governor’s sons attending here.”

The sub looked at the Principal and walked back into the classroom. Something bothered Jonathan about the guy so he followed him in. As he walked up to the teacher, he had the drawer open. Jonathan didn’t like the look on the teachers face when he reached into the draw for a bag.

“Sir please stand back and let me get the bag for you.” Jonathan leaned over and whispered in the teacher’s ear.

The sub refused to stand back and kept reaching for the bag. Jonathan slammed the drawer shut on the teacher’s hand, causing him to scream. The entire class went quiet as the other security detail pulled Josh out of the classroom.

Jonathan grabbed the teacher’s arm and pulled it out of the drawer. He opened the draw and pulled out the bag. Not even looking into the bag, Jonathan slammed the teacher against the wall and held him there until back up arrived.

Principal Michaels looked at Jonathan thinking that he is taking this a little too far. “Hey there is no need to be that way with him. The only thing that is wrong here is that he is not on the approved list. Let him go so he can get medical treatment for what you did to his hand.”

“I afraid I can’t do that sir. He is going to be placed under arrest. There is a gun in that bag. There is only one reason he would bring a gun to school.”

Principal Michaels stood there stunned by what Jonathan just said. Just then his back up ran into the room and threw the guy to the ground. Jonathan picked up the bag from the desk and walked over to the Principal. He opened the bag to show the Principal what is inside of the bag.

“This is why I am here. This is why we have the approved list of subs. I don’t know what he had planned, but whatever it was, we spoiled it. Maybe you aren’t cut out for being the Principal at this school while the Governor’s kids are attending it.”

“Look this is not my mistake. The minute I found out that Mr. Shredder didn’t come to work today, I came right over. I thought that you were going way too far with this guy. Now I see you weren’t and I will never question what you do again.”

Jonathan walked over to the teacher on the ground and pulled him up. They walked him out of the classroom over to the conference room. As Jonathan and his detail secured the teacher, Principal Michaels brought the class back into the classroom. He talked to class until one of the approved subs showed up and took over the class.

While this was going on, Josh and his brothers were taken into another conference room for their security. Once the security detail did a sweep of the school they let Josh and his brothers return back to class. By then first period was over in the second period had already on its way.

The gossip changed from what had happened to Elizabeth yesterday to what happened during first period. Just like any gossip, by the time it got back to Josh, it changed drastically from the truth to a horror story!

Josh ignored it and just went on with his day. Even his friends at lunchtime didn't talk about it; they noticed the look on Josh's face that they have seen time in and time again. The look of just leave me alone and don't ask me about what you're hearing.

Rusty didn’t join them in the cafeteria, but he joined them when they made it out to the stadium. As he joined the conversation Josh, Cesar and Chris kept listening to every word that he said. Looking for any clue that he is not involved in a relationship. They don't want to assume that he isn't and then find that he is in a relationship.

The group of friends that they have right now has shown them to always be on the safe side. When Patrick first joined their circle or friends they had no idea that he is gay and that he had a boyfriend. The only difference here is that they know Rusty is gay.

As they started to go in, none of them are any closer to finding out whether or not that Rusty is in a relationship. Josh came to a conclusion that the only way they'd ever going to find out is if they just ask him straight out.

They started to hear the crowd behind them crack up laughing. Josh and the others turned around to see what they are laughing about and couldn't believe their eyes. They looked up at the top of the building to see frogs falling down. Josh and his friends quickly walked into the building so they wouldn’t get hit with a frog.

Eric walked up to Josh, and held him back as the others walked to their lockers. “I really need my best friend back. I know you say that you have forgiven Bernice and me but you don’t talk with us like you used to. You are the only one that would understand where I'm coming from.”

“I didn't lie to you or Bernice about letting go what had happened. It's just been one crazy thing after another ever since my dad got elected. I am sorry if you feel that I have neglected our friendship. I didn’t mean to do so.”

“I know it Josh, but I really need your help. I am getting very frustrated. I know that I shouldn't be getting frustrated with Bernice. But you know her and you know me and you are the only one that can give me an unbiased opinion.”

“I will try my best to give you an unbiased opinion. You just have to do me a favor no matter what we say, you don’t repeat back to Bernice. If you can’t do that then don't ask me for my opinion.”

“Now you can trust me I can.” Josh leaned against the wall to see what Eric had to say. “You know that I love Bernice and Bernice loves me. We kiss and touch each other, but she stops it before it goes any further. Every time we study it looks like she wants to go further than we have. But then she stops it and leaves me with a really bad set of blue balls.” Josh started laughing at Eric.

“I'm sorry my friend. I don't mean to be laughing at you, but that is Funny. Bernice is different than the other girls you might have chosen to date. I am pretty sure she has told you how she and I became friends.” Eric nodded his head up and down.

“Think about it my friend, the answer is right there in front of you. Give her time, and she will give you what you want. But let me tell you this much, if you want to have sex right now, Bernice isn't the one for you. I really don't foresee her giving it up while she is in high school no matter how much she loves you or how you ask.”

“I can wait. There's no question about that. What I don't like is when she gets me all excited and then just stops. She needs to remember also that I am a man, and it is hard for us to just stop. I do it because I respect her and I am not the type of man that will force any girl to have sex with me.”

“Those points you have are on target Eric, but tell her that. The reason Cesar and I are great together is because we talk with each other. We don't leave things bottled up until it gets to the point that can destroy our relationship. If you and Bernice don’t have a relationship that you guys can talk about anything and everything, it's going to end before it even begins.”

The first bell rang for fifth period. As they walked to class, Eric thanked Josh for listening. He will leave it up to Bernice on when they're going to have sex, but also he is going to talk with her about some ground rules.

On the way to his locker, Josh saw Patrick and Frank walk out of the bathroom together. Josh couldn't help but think that those two were being naughty in the stalls. They have told him about their crusade of having sex in places that they might get caught. They even tried to talk Josh and Cesar into joining them. Of course, Josh and Cesar politely declined their invitation.

Patrick noticed that Josh noticed them coming out of the bathroom. He turned to Frank with a concerned look in his face. Frank had no idea why Patrick looked terrified. Frank figured that Patrick will tell him what is bothering him after school.

The rest the afternoon went by pretty fast. During Glee Club, Josh and the rest kept practicing for their competition on Friday. They think they are pretty much are ready for the competition, but Mr. Edgar didn't think so.

On the way home Cesar noticed that Josh is in a different world. “What do you have on your mind right now Josh, because you aren’t paying attention to me or Chris. We asked you questions and you didn't answer any of them”

“Believe it or not, I really do feel bad for what had happened to Elizabeth. I know she is a bitch and she wouldn't care if anything would happen to me. Still I do care about her and believe that if I didn't lie to her she wouldn't be where she is right now. She honestly loved me, and I just let her believe that I was straight.”

“Fine, I will give you that you lied to her, but you had your reasons. I know that that is no excuse for what you did, but again, you apologized to her until your face turned blue. She not only didn’t accept your apology, she made your life a living hell and is still doing it. There should be no reason that you should feel bad for what happened to her yesterday.”

“I know that you are right on everything you're saying Cesar but I don't wish what happened to her on anybody although it is pretty funny!” Josh started to laugh, causing Cesar and Chris to laugh as well.

Before dinner, Josh and his brothers spoke with their father. He called to make sure that they are okay and that nothing had happened to them. After speaking with each of his sons, Daniel Sr. asked to speak with Jonathan alone. As soon as Josh and his brothers walked out, Jonathan informed Daniel Sr. his boys had left the room.

“After I spoke with you earlier this morning Jonathan, I spoke with Principal Michaels. That guy in my opinion is nothing but an idiot. He doesn't know how to run his school with kids that have family members that are politicians or in the public eye. To his defense, my family is the first he has had to deal with.

I'm very concerned that a teacher, a sub or not, can walk into that school with a gun. I know when I spoke with you this morning you guys were just barely beginning to question him. What have you learned since then?”

“Governor, Sir, it looks like he was just executing his right to bear arms. He brings a gun to school for protection because of what is happening in the bigger cities. This teacher doesn't want to go to a school and end up getting killed because he doesn't have any means to protect himself.”

“I certainly understand that he has the right to bear arms, but not at a school. One of his students could get a hold of his gun and use it for the wrong reasons. If I'm not mistaken, and I might be, but I believe that teachers aren’t allowed to be carrying firearms on school property. I will speak with my state attorney general to make sure I am right.

For the meantime, let's just let the Police Department handle this. You already have your hands full making sure nothing happens to my family. Please let Josh and Cesar know that I plan to hold a press conference sometime tomorrow late afternoon or early evening. I don't want them to be caught with their pants down on this.”

Jonathan promised the Governor that he will inform his sons and Cesar about the press conference. They talked a little bit more about the adoption before hanging up. Daniel wanted to make sure that Jonathan is doing this because he wants to and not because he feels that he has to adopt Cesar to do or keep his job.

After dinner, everyone went to the den to play video games. Just when Brandon’s character died and Josh sat down to take over the control, Bernice walked in. Josh gave his control back to Brandon as he walked over to Bernice. They walked up to Josh's room in order to talk in private.

“I don't know what I did wrong with Eric. Josh please help me and tell me what I have done wrong with him.” Bernice's voice shook as she talked.

“You don't have to give me more than just, you did something wrong with Eric. I thought you guys are getting along without any problems. Why all of a sudden are their problems with you guys right now?”

Bernice basically told Josh the same thing that Eric told him at lunch. There are only a few minor differences between their stories but nothing that would make anyone think that one or the other is lying about what they are saying.

“If you are asking me for my opinion, I don't have a problem telling you my opinion. But you need to promise me that what I tell you won’t get back to Eric.”

“I promise to never again repeat anything that we talk about. I want your friendship, and I want you to trust me completely again.”

“I will trust you, but if you repeat what I say to you again, trust will be destroyed and our friendship is over. Now let me tell you that you need to stop over-thinking things. You are just like me; we both over think some of the situations that we are in.

You are trying to figure out who you are as a person. Just a few months ago you thought you were like me. Then you thought, because you never had a real boyfriend, you might have jumped the gun on thinking that you are a lesbian.

Both you and Eric are my best friends, and I don't want to see either of you hurting. You need to take it slow with Eric to make sure he is the one. Even if you are straight like you believe, you have got to make sure Eric is the one. Don’t give yourself to him when you aren’t certain about yourself.

What you two need to do is date, not have sex. Get to know each other and make sure that you guys are the right for each other. Kiss him, because that's what normal couples do, but don't tease him. I am not saying that you are doing that, but if you are, stop it. He is a normal guy and when guys get horned up, it is very hard to come down from that. I know women probably are the same way.”

“You’re right and I know that. We are trying to act like you and Cesar and we shouldn't be doing that. I know I'm not ready to have sex, and I don't know when I will be ready to have sex. At the same time I do tease Eric a lot and I need to stop doing that.”

“Did you guys have a fight or something this evening that made you come down here in tears like you were?”

“We really didn't have a fight in the sense that we argued with each other. Just like every other night after school we studied together, but this time Eric didn't want to sit next to me like we always do. Do what you think he is getting tired of me?”

“No Bernice I can tell you without a doubt that Eric isn't tired of you. In fact, I can see in his eyes and in yours you both are really in love. What you guys need to do is open up a line of communication between each other. That will solve a lot of problems that you guys are having right now. Also, you need to stop teasing him.”

“I promise that I will stop doing that. As soon as I get home I'm going to call him and we are going to talk about each other to each other. You probably know more about Eric and me than we know about each other. Thank you for listening to me Josh. I will prove to you that you can trust me again.”

Josh walked Bernice down to the front door. When he opened the door he saw her father sitting in his car in the driveway. Josh walked Bernice over to the car to make sure she got in safe. He also wants to say hi to her father as well.

Bernice's father spoke with Josh as if Josh and his daughter are still going out with each other. Like old times, Bernice's father invited Josh and his family for Sunday services. Josh politely said no, and thanked him for his invitation.

“I'm never going to give up on you Josh. One day you will come for Sunday services. No one in my church will judge you. Think about it, and if you decide to come, you are more than welcome in my church. I know you and my daughter aren’t going out anymore, but that doesn't mean you aren’t welcome in my home or in my church.”

Josh thanked him as he rolled up the window. He walked back to the front door and watched Bernice and her father driveway. Josh can’t help but think about Bernice and Eric's relationship. Both of them are worried about their relationship, but won’t talk to each other about those concerns they have.

As soon as Josh walked into the house, he headed upstairs to get ready for school the next day. After taking a shower, he headed into his room to find Cesar and Chris already in their beds. He looked over to Cesar and really wanted to go up to him, kiss him and just cuddle. He is very thankful that he and Cesar aren’t having communication problems.

All through the night, Josh kept waking up. He finally gave up trying to force himself to sleep. He got up, walked around Chris and crawled into bed with Cesar. Cesar woke up, as Josh, covered them up with the blanket. He smiled as Josh wrapped his arms around his body and cuddled up against his back.

The next morning, Chris got up first. He looked over at Josh's bed to find him not there. He thought it was weird because Josh is normally not the first one up. He stood up and as he is stretching he noticed two bodies in Cesar's bed. He walked over and woke up, Cesar and Josh so they don't get caught sleeping together in the same bed.

As they walked to school, Josh couldn't stop smiling. Although they didn't have sex with each other the night before, he felt as if they did. He loves being with Cesar and just feeling him near him as he did last night.

When they walked into the first period, Josh noticed Mr. Shredder behind his desk. He doesn't look like himself. Josh sat down and started talking with Cesar until the final bell rang. Mr. Shredder took attendance really quickly.

“I understand that there was a commotion in this classroom yesterday morning. Let me tell you guys first that gossip won’t be tolerated. This school is going through a lot of changes right now. We are adjusting to having kids from a political family attend this school. We will fumble the ball once in a while.

I'm not at liberty to tell you any details of what had happened with the teacher that was here yesterday. But I will ask you guys to stop gossiping about what had happened in this classroom yesterday. It doesn’t benefit anybody. Do I make myself clear on this?”

In unison the students said ‘yes’. Mr. Shredder left the subject and started going over the homework assignment from yesterday. He realized that due to the commotion that occurred in this class the Principal didn’t follow the instructions he left. He had to shove two days of work into one in order to stay on schedule for this semester.

The students got up when the bell rang and didn't say a word. They handed Mr. Shredder their assignment as they walked out the door. Even Josh didn't look his teacher in the eye as he handed in his assignment.

Class after class, every teacher gave the same speech to their students about creating rumors or adding to the rumors. It looks like they must've had a meeting before school or after school yesterday about these rumors because they basically are all saying the same thing. All the students need to stop gossiping about other people or incidents that they don't know anything about. Even if they know anything they need to keep it to themselves.

The only teacher that didn’t give the speech is Mr. Edgar. After taking attendance, he pulled everybody together to start practicing. Mr. Edgar explained that they basically only have two actual rehearsal days left. They need to practice, because they have never won this meet in the programs history.

At first everyone started to moan and groan, but got down to business. Before Josh knew it, the bell rang, ending the period. The last two periods of the day went by even faster than the morning did. Josh couldn't wait to get home and spend time with Cesar.

As they walked through the door, Josh, Cesar and Chris headed to the kitchen for their snack before studying. They didn't find the snack on the table as they normally do. Josh didn't even see his grandmother or Isabella anywhere in the kitchen. He thought that was weird because they are always in the kitchen when he gets home.

Just as Josh started to pull out the peanut butter and jelly to make sandwiches his grandmother walked in the door and stopped Josh. She asked Josh and the other two to join her and Josh's brothers in the den. As they walked out of the kitchen, the boys have a confused look on their faces.

They walked in to find Daniel, Brandon and Carlos already sitting in front of the TV. Josh looked to see what they are watching but found it on a news channel. That is when he remembered about what Jonathan told him the night before. This has to be his father giving a press conference about what's going on with Cesar.

Josh sat down beside Cesar the floor and Chris joined them. Just as Josh turned to look at the television, the Governor's mansion appeared on the screen. In front of the mansion is a podium and every news channel and newspaper reporter. All of them are either writing something down or reporting to their channel live.

The camera moved up to the front door of the mansion as it opened. Governor Lopez and members of his staff walked out and started walking towards the podium. As they reached the podium they evenly separated and stood on one side or the other of the Governor. He looked out to the reporters and smiled.

“Good evening everyone and thank you for waiting. I know that my staff has been telling you guys that I wanted to do this press conference since earlier this afternoon. Issues kept coming up that needed my attention immediately. I am one of those on hands-on governors that likes getting his hands dirty. So again, I do thank you all for being patient.

The day that I threw my hat into the ring for this position, I told the people of this state that I will always be truthful with them. I would never hide anything from them no matter how bad or how good it might be for my career.

A personal issue has come up in my family. It won’t affect my ability to execute the office of the Governor of Texas. But I want you to hear it from me first. Once it gets out there those that don’t like me being Governor will use it to make me look unfit to be Governor. I say to you guys here today what I'm telling you is the complete truth.

My middle son Josh as you all know is gay. He also, as you know, is in a relationship with another young man. This young man is in his same grade and in his same high school. I have grown to really love this young man, because of the way he respects and treats my son. Both of them make each other very happy.

In order for anyone to be around my family or me, they have to go through a complete background check. Without going into complete detail, because we don’t know the complete truth, something has been discovered about my son's boyfriend's father.”

The Governor went into detail of what they found. As he spoke written copies of what the Governor is talking about are being passed out to the members of the press corps. They stood there listening to the Governor as he explained everything that they had been handed. A couple of times the Governor had to stop in order to compose himself.

“Like I said earlier, we don’t know the complete truth here. I won’t ask my son to break up with his boyfriend because of what his father has done. He has shown me that he's not like his father. In his case the apple did fall far from the tree.

In closing I would like to address every politician that might be tempted to take to the airwaves as soon as I walk away; to those that might try to sell this as an example of me being an unfit Governor. My family didn’t run for this office. I did and I should be the only one under the microscope; not my family.

I know every politician and analyst out there has family. Do you want your family to be put through the wringer for a job that they don’t hold? My kids are just that, kids. Let them be kids and grow up as normally as possible. I am asking you not as a Governor, but as a father. Please leave my kids alone and let them grow up like every other kid out there. Thank you again for your patience and God bless this great State of ours.”

The news channel switched back to the studio. They right away started to talk with their political analysts about the Governor's speech. One of them supported the Governor and the other didn't. Josh got up and turned the TV off. He doesn't want to hear anyone ripping into his father for supporting him and Cesar.

Cesar got up and helped Chris get up from the floor. All three of them walked up to Josh's room to start their homework. Not one of them spoke a word to the other has they made their way to the room. They are all thinking about the news conference.

Josh couldn't stop thinking that this might be a setback for his brothers. They have come a very long way since their mom tried to poison his brothers’ way of thinking about gays. Now if they feel their father's job is being threatened because of Cesar, they might actually turn back to the way they were when Josh first came out.

As they sat on the bed Cesar turned and noticed Josh in deep thought. Cesar knows that Josh is worried about him. So he got up and sat closer to Josh in order to try and comfort him. He grabbed a hold of Josh's hand, and that pulled Josh out of his thoughts.

All three of them started talking and playing around. It didn't take much to get Josh to stop thinking about the situation. Instead of doing their homework right away, they played around for a while. All of them stayed away from the elephant in the room; the news conference about Cesar and his father.

TO BE CONTINUED……………….

WRITER’S CORNER:

{I would like to welcome you all back to another great chapter of this story. The story has moved back into the high school and a little away from the political scene. I love the political part of this story and in the chapters to come there is going to be a lot more political scenes written in.

In this chapter we finally saw Eric and Bernice come back. I asked in this corner about what to do about sex scenes with Eric and Bernice. I got a even response to write and not to write about it. I decided to let the readers know it is happening, but not go into detail about their sex life unlike Josh and Cesar or Patrick and Frank.

In this chapter we saw both Bernice and Eric bothered about the same thing. They went to Josh for help and Josh told them the same thing. He ended it with they have to talk with each other in order for their relationship to work. He at least told Bernice on behalf of Eric to stop teasing him about sex. Do you all think that their relationship is going to make it? Do you all think they are going to take Josh’s advice and talk with each other?

At the beginning of the chapter Bernice really handed Elizabeth a taste of her own medicine. I laughed as I wrote that part in. These guys are kids and they are going to do dumb things. I felt this story needed to be brought back to us remembering that this story is part high school. Remember back to you high school years the jokes or pranks you pulled while in high school?

Now we saw that Elizabeth didn’t turn in Bernice. She is going to get her pay back herself for what Bernice did. We all know how dirty Elizabeth can be. What do you think Elizabeth is going to do in order to get Bernice back? Do you think it will be the same that Bernice did or do you think it will be worse? Maybe Elizabeth will fail.

A new friend has come into the mix; Rusty. He seems to be a nice kid. We know for a fact that he is gay just like Josh and the other three. Do you think he is going to be more than friends with Chris? Do you think that Chris is even ready to move on?

Poor Cesar, this guy isn’t getting a break with his father. Just when it looks like his father is going to be good for him, something happens. I can write an entire page of what-ifs. If you guys want to know what is going to happen there, you need to read on.

Other things happened in this chapter that brings us to reality about Josh and his family. Let’s use the sub for Mr. Shredder for example. Do you guys think he came to school wanting to kill Josh or is he telling the truth about having the gun? These questions will be out there hanging for a while, I hate to say. (Yeah, right…. ED)

Also we had Governor Lopez coming out and holding a news conference. Too many of our politicians today try to hide the truth from the voters. Many of times if they just come out and say this happened but it doesn’t affect me doing my job, the voters will understand and just let it be. But instead they try to cover it up or use their position to I it. That is when it becomes a problem for them.

I really think that Governor Lopez did the right thing. I also believe that the news will talk about it, but the voters will just ignore them. They might actually love this guy even more because he asked not as Governor, but as a father, to leave his kids alone. The voters see how much he loves his kids and that is what they want.

So much still out there unsolved! Martha for example; we need to see what happens in court with her. Will Josh’s brothers go back to the old way or stay backing Josh? Patrick and Frank appeared a little in this chapter, but will be back in the chapters to come full swing. As well so much more and you don’t want to miss a chapter.

So many open plots and so many more plots to come in this story. I love the political scenes a lot and I hope I am not offending anyone with them. Keep in mind it is only a story and I am trying my best not to preach my beliefs. Please stay tuned and I promise that you guys won’t regret opening every new chapter.

I could stay here all day long, with all the open plots already in this story, but I won’t. I warn you though! Don’t skip a chapter, or you will be lost. There is a so much to answer in the chapters to come. Keep reading the future chapters, and enjoy! Please email me and let me know how I am doing at jacobmillertex@aol.com, Thanks!}


EDITOR’S CORNER:

Now that the inauguration of Josh’s father has come and gone, it appears that life is returning to some semblance of normal for Josh’s family and friends. Of course the ever-present security detail is something anyone close to Josh and his family will trip over constantly.

It seems the Lopez family is making headway adjusting to the new realities of life as the First Family of Texas and the friends are following suit. The normal goings on in and around the high school are allowing the Lopez boys and their associates the chance to be almost normal teens.

Leave it to Bernice to stir the pot! Her payback to Elizabeth was poetic justice if there ever was such a thing. Even the Principal is going to remain blissfully ignorant of the facts of the ordeal Bernice inflicted upon Elizabeth. Now Bernice had best watch her back. Everyone can depend upon Elizabeth will come up with some sort of payback for Bernice and I’d bet it’s going to be a real scene!

Bernice and Eric are caught in the trap many young people get into as they begin to develop relationship skills. They are talking and yet not communicating. Josh’s advice to both of them is wise beyond his years. Those two have to talk honestly and openly about personal, private matters and get understanding between them or their relationship is in danger of failing. I suspect that both of them will take Josh’s advice to heart and do the right thing.

I wonder when Patrick and Frank are going to get caught playing their dangerous game. The heightened thrill of the danger will certainly blind them to a factor somewhere that will get them caught. Where will they be when they do get caught? If it’s at school, the repercussions will be most unpleasant at the least but more likely, there will be dire consequences.

Cesar’s father’s behavior is perplexing. I wonder what he’s done that has him on the wrong side of the law. I’m glad that the Governor took preemptive steps to protect Cesar along with Josh and their relationship. What is the deal with Jonathan being willing to take on parental rights for Cesar? That is sure dedication to a job….or is there another agenda lurking underneath? I can’t make this one out.

Rusty is a bit hesitant yet. It will be interesting to see his personality emerge and how he will affect Chris. I know Chris is still working his way back from the time he was with Josh and all that was happening in his life at that time. I wonder if he’s ready to stick a toe in to test the water yet. I wonder if Rusty will take an interest.
Josh and Cesar are very much in love. I don’t know how they are able to keep the rules about not sleeping together and have only a sporadic sex life.

Until next time,
“Daddy” Rick

Copyright © 2013 JacobMillerTex; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Yes what Bernice did was funny as hell but she went to far if the tables had been turned would the group be laughing. Not only that but payback is a bitch and weveblearned howvliz likes to payback.

As to Cesar I knew something was up with his dad but didn't expect this. So by the looks of it Jonathan is going to be a dad with a child just over a decade younger than him, hopefully that doesn't come back to bite all of them in the ass. I can just see him explaining this to a date. Yes this is my son yeah he is only 11 or12 years younger than me, should go over well don't you think.

Link to comment

While Elizabeth is nothing but trouble, I think the treatment dished out was a little too harsh. The sub teacher bringing a gun into the class is taking things a little too far. A very interesting chapter👍

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..