Jump to content
    jkwsquirrel
  • Author
  • 2,764 Words
  • 3,836 Views
  • 40 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Retaliation - 11. The Nuclear Option

It didn’t take much to wake me up the next morning. My mom’s voice roused me from a very shallow slumber. I realized quite quickly that Brett wasn’t in bed with me. I rubbed my eyes and was surprised to find my mom was kneeling next to my bed.

“What time is it?” I asked. “Where’s Brett?”

“It’s eight o’clock and Brett’s asleep on the couch in the living room,” mom replied. “Your dad said he came out there about four this morning and said he had a nightmare and couldn’t sleep. I came to wake you up for church.”

“I don’t want to go to church.” I was exhausted, and if anybody gave me any bull I was likely to snap. “I really don’t think I could deal with those people right now.”

“Don’t you think Dustin needs your prayers right now?”

“You heard what happened?” I sat up in bed, only then remembering that I was only in my underwear.

“Brett’s mom found me at work and filled me in.”

“Is Dustin okay?” I asked as I carefully made sure that my blankets covered me below my waist.

“As okay as he can be, considering the circumstances. Now get up and get ready. I want to be there in time for Bible study.”

I reluctantly got up and took a shower. I thought about shaving since it had been about two weeks, but I had nothing worth shaving in all that time, so I didn’t bother. Brett was at the dining room table picking at his breakfast when I came out of the bathroom. My dad was going to take him to his church to play the organ and then his mom would pick him up there to take him home. Mom snatched me up and laughed when I asked to go to Brett’s church instead of hers and so I trudged along with her to her church.

As I was walking through the hall, I got grabbed from behind and pushed forcefully into the bathroom before I could even make it to Sunday school. I turned around to see Joey had a hold of me. He let me go once we got inside the restroom. He pushed me into the stall nearest to the wall and pushed me onto the toilet. He locked the door behind him so that the two of us were facing each other in the stall together.

“What the hell are you doing?” He’d hurt me a bit when he forced me along. I was afraid of what he might try to do to me.

“What happened at Reilly’s house last night?”

“What do you care, Joe?”

“Listen, Roberts, this is serious shit. I heard Dustin Smith was in his house.”

“So?”

“So, what was someone like him doing with someone like Reilly?”

“Oh, I get it. Dustin almost died last night, and you’re worried about your reputation.”

“I’m not worried about my reputation. I mean, it’s bad enough that Reilly hangs out with you. But now he has weirdos like Dustin hanging out with him? Reilly hates him. So what in the world was he doing at his house? Why is Dustin getting carted out on an ambulance?”

“Why don’t you sit down somewhere and think really hard about the situation? I’m sure a smart guy like you can figure it all out.”

“Look, Roberts. Reilly is my friend. I know you don’t like that, but it’s true. He’s part of a world that you will never know, no matter how much you try to mooch off of him. People like you don’t belong with people like him. Someday he’ll figure that out, and I personally can’t wait for that day to come. When I look at Reilly, I see a sinking ship. You’re the anchor. The sooner he figures out what a loser you are the sooner he can dump your sorry ass and find someone worth all the trouble he’s going through.”

“Well aren’t you Humanitarian of the Year all of a sudden?”

“Dude, he had a prostitute in his house. A gay prostitute. A criminal who steals from people who try to help him. At this point I don’t know if I can even save his reputation! But I can start by convincing him to cut you loose.”

I laughed at him. “Good luck with that! I don’t know what your story is Joey. I don’t know what happened to you. But you’re not the kid I used to be friends with anymore. I’m through playing these small-town political games with you. You’re such a hypocrite. You have all these people convinced that you’re so good. You think because your family has a little money that it makes you better than people. You think that you’re better than me because I’m gay. But you’re no better than me.”

“Okay, first of all, we were never friends. The only reason I was ever around you was because Reilly made me hang out with you. I mean, think about it. What would someone like me ever have to do with someone like you? I don’t hate you, Roberts. You’re not important enough for me to waste my time hating. You think I hate you because you’re gay. But that’s not true either. I’ve known Reilly’s gay since I’ve known him, and I don’t hate him at all. No, my problem with you isn’t that you’re gay, it’s who you’re gay with.”

“Oh really? So if I weren’t with Brett you’d leave me alone? Is that it?”

“I’m just trying to save Reilly from himself. Because of you he’s got a rent boy showing up at his house being carted out in an ambulance. He’s only making things harder for himself and he doesn’t need to. You have him convinced that he’s in love with you.”

“And you had him convinced that pot was going to fix his ADHD, you idiot! Come on Joe! We were friends in first grade long before Brett came into the picture. It wasn’t until you began to realize your daddy was someone important when you decided that people like me weren’t good enough for you. We both know you’re full of shit.”

“Dude, nobody stays friends with people from elementary school. Kids are stupid. ‘Oh, you live in the same town as me and we’re the same age, so let’s be friends!’ That’s dumb. Friends should be able to improve your life. What have you ever done for anybody? All you do is complain all the time about how much your life sucks. Everything you say always has to be something sarcastic. It’s annoying. You’re miserable to be around.”

“Did you ever stop to think that maybe I’m miserable because I have to deal with self-righteous hypocrites like you all the time?”

“Yeah, it’s all my fault that you’re a douchebag. Roberts, you’re one of the smartest people in our school, which isn’t saying much, but it’s true. But what do you do with it? What have you done with your life? All you do is complain and whine about everything. But you never do anything about it. Look what you did to Dustin. I know his parents are assholes, but Dustin was an alright kid. He was always so hopeful. He would have walked through broken glass barefoot for anybody. You were his best friend, but when Brett came along you scraped him off the bottom of your shoe like he was dog shit. Then, when he was crying out for help you were too busy sucking Reilly’s dick to do anything about it. You fucked with his head.”

“That’s not true!” I shouted

“Isn’t it? You have to be one of the most self-centered people I know. You think you’re the hero of the story, but you’re just an observer in your own life! What have you done with all your brains, all your natural talent? Huh? Nothing! You’re just a narcissistic, passive-aggressive, manipulative, sarcastic little bitch. What’s one thing you’ve done to make the world a better place? Huh? You think I’m a hypocrite? Okay. You’re right. I say I’m a good Christian but then I fuck any girl who’ll spread her legs for me. So yeah, I am a hypocrite. But at least I know I’m a sinner. But what about you? What’s your excuse?”

“You think I don’t know there are things about me that suck? Dude, I look in that mirror every day! And every day I see the kid who got so mad he smashed his own hand because he hated the person he saw in there. I know I have my problems. I don’t need some asshole like you to point them out to me. And I know I don’t deserve Brett. Deserve’s got nothing to do with it. We love each other. What do you know about love? You think because you get infatuated with some bitch and fuck her that you’re in love. But then what happens? You get bored and move on to the next one, all the while telling your mom how much you love Jesus and that you’re saving yourself for marriage. Your mother’s not an idiot, Joe. But then again, if she believes the things you say, then maybe she is!”

“Don’t talk about my mother, you faggot! What about your mother? Huh? Your mother had everything. She could have been somebody. But what did she do? She threw her life away to marry a loser from a deadbeat family. You know what the problem is? History repeats itself. Now we have somebody else willing to throw their life away for a worthless Roberts loser. But you know what they say, ‘like father, like son.’ Won’t be long until you’re out robbing some gas station too, throwing away all your potential like every Roberts before you has done. I’ll bet your crippled old man will be real proud of you. Maybe the warden could give you the same cell your father used to dry out in! Maybe your dad will even do you a favor and drop dead like his father did.”

I don’t remember exactly what happened next. But I do know that Joey ended up on the floor with a bloody nose and my hand hurt for days afterward.

“If you ever, ever, talk about my father again, I’ll break your fucking neck.”

Joey cowered and scurried into the corner of the bathroom as I warned him menacingly. I turned to walk away.

“You’re dead, Roberts,” Joey warned. “This isn’t over, not by a long shot. When my father hears about this you’re a dead man. He’ll sue you for every penny your crippled old man has! I’m going to make your life hell. My friends are going to eat you alive. I will make sure that Reilly dumps your ass or I’ll make his life miserable until he does! You’re going to wish you’d never been born. You just made the biggest mistake of your life, faggot.”

“So did you,” I replied. I walked out of the bathroom on a mission. This bullshit had to end, and I knew how. I walked quickly through the halls of the church, listening for the melodious sound of Joey’s dad’s voice. He wasn’t hard to find. He was in the hallway, the center of attention, surrounded by Pastor Carl, my mother, his wife, and a bunch of people who had big expensive houses and fancy job titles. My mom wanted so much to fit in with those people. They were sure having a good time. Jack McKenzie noticed me and greeted me heartily.

“Well there’s the man of the hour! We were just talking about your adventure last night, Mr. Roberts.”

Joey had caught up with me. Good. I wanted him to see this. I knew what I had to do.

“Hi Jack! Did you know that Joey got a girl pregnant and paid her to have an abortion?” I said loudly. “Is that the kind of thing you people find acceptable?”

I turned to walk away, leaving Joey to deal with the shit storm I’d just created. Hopefully my message was clear: Don’t fuck with me.

So anyway, nothing else happened that day, right? Yeah, right! Joey’s dad and mom snatched him up and hauled ass out of church, missing service for the first time ever, and Pastor Carl delivered the most poorly-delivered sermon he’d ever given, obviously rattled by what had happened to one of his top-donating families. I was weirdly more interested in church that Sunday than I had been in years. Mom was mortified by what I’d done, of course. All the way home she scolded me.

“Hey, all I did was tell the truth,” I replied smugly. “I thought that was something your god smiled upon.”

“You know damn well what you did!” mom snapped. “Even if it was the truth, the way you went about it was way over the line. You deliberately tried to ruin that boy’s reputation and the reputation of some of this town’s finest citizens! The McKenzies have been pillars of this community for years! They’ve done so much for this town!”

“Hey, I’m not the one who made a girl get an abortion,” I replied.

“How would you like it if someone exposed your secrets in public like that?”

“I guess I’d have it coming to me,” I answered honestly. “But I’m not stupid enough to get a girl pregnant.” I had to laugh. Brett and I had pumped enough spooge into each other since we started having sex to have a hundred kids, but Brett was never going to get pregnant, and neither was I. I’d never felt more proud of myself. I had a smirk on my face all the way home. I’d finally, after years of being pushed around, stood up to Joey. Sure, I’d been an asshole about it. Sure, I’d probably pay for it later. But right then I didn’t care. Plus, I figured I’d bought myself a few weeks of freedom from mom dragging me to that damn church to boot!

When we got home, mom explained to dad what happened. Dad agreed with mom that what I’d done was slimy, but I insisted that I’d told the truth. Mom didn’t like to fight with dad in front of me, so they eventually made their way into their bedroom, where I could hear them heatedly arguing over the way I was being raised. I didn’t care, I was on top of the world. I called Brett from my bedroom while they argued among themselves. I related the story to Brett. He didn’t seem to find it very funny either.

“You realize you’re gonna get fucked pretty bad by Joey when the dust settles. I know you guys don’t like each other but that was a dick move, telling his dad in front of that preacher and all those people like that.”

“Well I guess I’m a dick then. But he deserved it.”

“You gonna say the same thing about yourself when he tells the town your secrets?” Brett asked. “Because you deserve whatever he throws at you now. You fucked him pretty good, and I’m sure it felt good to finally get back at him after everything he’s done to you. But you crossed the line. I think you’re gonna be sorry you did this.”

“I thought you were supposed to be on my side, dude.”

“I am, Billy. But that doesn’t mean I have to agree with everything you do. If he hurts you I’m going to be hurt too. I hate when you do this. You don’t think when you get angry and you don’t care who gets hurt. And since it’s usually me who gets hurt because of your temper I think I’ve earned the right to tell you when you’ve fucked up. What you did to Joey was wrong. Don’t you remember how much it hurt Dustin when you did the same thing to him?”

I sighed. “Okay, I get it. I’m a dick. I shouldn’t have gone nuclear on him. But you have to admit he had it coming.”

“We’ve all got it coming, Billy,” Brett said seriously.

Next time: The Locked-Down Unit
Copyright © 2017 jkwsquirrel; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Aww hell what is that bitch Paula about to do. I am so glad Billy did that though, true he could've used more tact but he crossed a line talking about Billy's dad.  Billy realizes he did wrong, knows hell is coming, but I would have done the same damn thing! Joey is nothing but a bottom feeding self righteous , pompous, messiah complexed, jerky ass, douchebag, of a hypocritical, self loathing, asshat, egotistical, borderline moronic little bitch. Oh and he's a cunt.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Fuck Joey McKenzie, and fuck Paula for taking his side.

 

I get so pissed off whenever one of these sanctimonious assholes starts talking about 'reputation'.  I just tune them out because that's a sign of someone who's more concerned with keeping their reputation than earning it.  Billy did the right thing in calling out their bullshit, and Joey deserved every bit of what's coming to him.  Now his precious Golden Boy reputation is ruined.

 

I'm glad Brett called him out on it, though, but I hope Brett will take Billy's side against Joey.

 

If Billy was smart, he'd come out right now, that way Joey wouldn't really have anything big to use against him.  Billy can't be stupid enough to think Joey's not going to out him in revenge (oh wait, he is that stupid), so he should just do it himself and stay one step ahead.

 

The Locked-Down Unit:  I think it's pretty obvious that Billy's getting grounded after this, and Fuckface McAsshole will use that time to try to turn Brett against him.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Oh man, I have a bad feeling about where this is going.  I hope at some point both Brett and Billy find some happiness and peace.  I really don't like where I see them headed.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

It’s a whole church full of sanctimonious hypocrites! They’re all worried that Billy or someone like him will start exposing all their secrets and sinful behaviors! Paula’s worried that George will find out about her alleged affair with the minister, but he probably already knows.  ;-)

 

Billy shouldn’t have said what he did, especially in front of the group that was gathered, but it was much too tempting.

 

 

It’s also possible for the Lock-Down Unit to be referring to Joey. But literally locking down Joey’s ‘unit’ is probably unlikely. As much as he deserves it, it would probably be considered child abuse to put Joey’s penis in a chastity cage!  ;-)

Link to comment

Well that escalated quickly.  Billy shouldn't have done it, but Joey did start it.  How did no one hear that argument in the bathroom??  I am a little worried about Brett's reaction to the news. Ultimately it is Paula's fault for dragging her son to a church he obviously doesn't want to go to. 

 

Wondering who is stuck in the "Locked-Down Unit".........Until next week.....

  • Like 3
Link to comment

B).............Yep, that was a total dick move on Billy's part although Joey had it coming being the king dick. You know mom is to blame cause it wouldn't have happened if she hadn't drug him to that church, and didn't Billy  Still Billy's short lived victory will be revenged and it will end up badly on Billy's side. But how far will Joey go? If he goes too far he could wind up exposing the towns secrets, and somehow Brett could really get hurt.

Billy could have handled this better by quietly addressing Joey's dad, furthermore Joey's first attack on Billy should be brought up, his mom is clueless with the f'ing pillars of the community crap, didn't Billy warn her about Joey's supposed angel status? This is just a little Peyton place from Harper Valley.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Yeah Billy could have been smarter about it but I don't blame him in the least, as someone who has pulled similar stunts.  

 

Ive sat through rants like Joey's and I was just like, "can't this idiot drop dead? Now?"  When people tell you how bad of a person you are in such a sanctimonious fashion, you want to show them they ain't seen nothing yet.  Then you make it clear that it was their own fault for pushing you and they should have left well enough alone.  

 

And in response to Brett's comparison to the Dustin incident - the big difference there is that Billy cares about Dustin, so humiliating him like that was uncalled for.  In this case, why should he give a damn about Joey's feelings?  The only thing he should be concerned about is what Joey will do in retaliation (heh, theme of this book, right?)

 

Usually when I did something like that I was a little more subtle but a temper can sort of put a stop to that haha.  And yes, there can be hell to pay, and the knowledge that your enemy is going through it too can sometimes help you, or at other times be cold comfort.

 

Seriously though, people like Joey think hurting those they consider beneath them is their right and freak the hell out when it's taken away.  He wouldn't think twice about saying all sorts of horrible things to Billy or beating him to a pulp but is shocked when he lashes out, verbally or physically.   

 

As someone who hated their town as a teenager as well, hugs to Billy.  My mum would tell me that even bullies who seemed to have it all wouldn't be bullies if they didn't have a problem of their own.  Our dear author has given us some of that insight into Joey - but when people like that go after you, it's oh so satisfying to take away some of the good things they have.  

 

In the immortal words of Once Upon a Time's evil queen, "I will destroy your happiness."

 

Cheers!

Edited by Israfil
  • Like 5
Link to comment

Joey gave Billy a reality check. For the most part he was right with his assessment of Billy. 

Why is everybody angry with him?  I know he is a hypocrite, but he is also just a boy going along with what his family expects of him. Most of his traits, like his arrogance, are just perceived by Billy because he hates him.

What Billy did is unforgivable. Especially the way he did it.

And he may have destroyed his relation with Brett, his parents and Justin in a very short period. 

 

To use Joey's words: Billy, you are so smart. But what are you doing with it?

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

This is one time I support Billy, granted he could have gone about it more tactfully. Paula is an uptight bitch that needs to drop dead, I would seldom say that but since she is such a bible thumping bitch she deserves a little well deserved crucifiction in her life. Brett needs to get his shit together too, support his boyfriend instead of a coniving friend. Maybe its time for Dustin and Billy to be together.

Edited by Dahawk
  • Like 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Freerider said:

Joey gave Billy a reality check. For the most part he was right with his assessment of Billy. 

Why is everybody angry with him?  I know he is a hypocrite, but he is also just a boy going along with what his family expects of him. Most of his traits, like his arrogance, are just perceived by Billy because he hates him.

What Billy did is unforgivable. Especially the way he did it.

And he may have destroyed his relation with Brett, his parents and Justin in a very short period. 

 

To use Joey's words: Billy, you are so smart. But what are you doing with it?

 

 

That may be true but Joey has gone out of his way to harass Billy for years, since the last book even and to the point of sexual assault.  While I agree Billy could have gone about that better, with people like Joey, you sometimes want to give them a reality check, as you put it.  If you push someone far enough, they will fight back.  Joey clearly didn't understand that.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
27 minutes ago, Israfil said:

 

That may be true but Joey has gone out of his way to harass Billy for years, since the last book even and to the point of sexual assault.  While I agree Billy could have gone about that better, with people like Joey, you sometimes want to give them a reality check, as you put it.  If you push someone far enough, they will fight back.  Joey clearly didn't understand that.

 

I totally agree with all the posts on what should be done to hypocritical, condemning people that think they have the moral high ground, because they believe in something very illogical and unproven.

But I don't think that is what is the main issue here. Joey sees someone with destructive behaviour and it is hurting one of his friends (Brett). To the point where he sees his friend getting hurt. How can he not (verbally) attack Billy? Ok, assaulting is a bit too much, but I can see where he is coming from.

 

But most of all: don't forget that Billy is telling us the story. It is his view and he is far from innocent. And it is also his view on Joey that we get to read. It does not have to be objectively true. Reading the responses that others gave Billy is very clarifying.

Edited by Freerider
  • Like 2
Link to comment

Come to think of it, aren't Joey and Brett cousins?  If so, Joey's probably trying to make sure that whatever's going on to 'ruin' Brett's reputation (because turning him into a stoner didn't, right?) doesn't affect his own by association.  I have no sympathy for him or his problems, he had it coming.  You can't keep using your influence and reputation to bully and insult people, then not expect them to fight back at some point.  Talking about George dying like it was a good thing really crossed the line.

 

Yes, Billy has a temper, yes, what he did was against his self-interest, and yes, Billy's going to deeply regret it later, but you have to give him credit.  Billy knows how to hit where it hurts the most.  All Joey cares about is his reputation as the golden angel and a fine upstanding member of the community, and Billy just destroyed that in one sentence.  Now the rumours will spread and Joey won't be in a position to be so sanctimonious and moralising, which is a good thing.

 

I can already see how this could play out.  They'll try to deny it, then Joey will expose Billy's secrets and say Billy's smearing him because he's jealous of how nice and wonderful and successful Joey is, while he's just a nobody faggot loser.  And of course, because of how this town is, the people will keep their blinders on and accept the McKenzies' version instead of accepting the truth, and Billy will be ostracised.  So will Paula, which will make her even angrier with him, because she thinks like one of them, and potentially destroy whatever's left of their relationship.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Freerider said:

But most of all: don't forget that Billy is telling us the story. It is his view. And also his view on Joey that we get to read. It does not have to be objectively true. Reading the responses that others gave Billy is very clarifying.

Here's the thing with hypocrites like Joey: very few people get to see them for what they truly are, and those that do usually end up becoming their enemies.  And remember that until now Billy thought Joey was just bullying him for no reason.  Now at least he knows why Joey hates him so much (I think it's stupid and petty and none of Joey's business in the first place), but by this point there's no chance of mending this relationship, so you can't expect much more from Billy than what he did.

 

As for the responses he got, it's a different story.  Aside from Paula, who's still hanging on to her 'The McKenzies are awesome and perfect' delusions, everyone seemed to tell him "that was stupid, it's gonna come back to bite you in the ass later", not that he was wrong on what he did.  They just think the way he did it was stupid, but Billy does stupid things when he's angry.  And he just made some powerful enemies.

 

Funny how Paula was fine with people spreading rumours about Dustin being a thug and a whore, but when her son tells the truth about perfect golden boy Joey McKenzie, she starts going on about not trying to damage peoples' reputations.  The pastor can have her, she belongs with scum like him.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Israfil said:

 

 

In the immortal words of Once Upon a Time's evil queen, "I will destroy your happiness."

 

Cheers!

I totally agree and long live Regina!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, William King said:

What I enjoy especially about your writing JKW is the dialogue, the way in which each character presents their own completely believable point if view. I'm listening to Joey telling Billy exactly what he thinks of him, and I totally agree. Then I'm hearing Billy giving his version of things, and I'm thinking like Brett, I don't agree with what you've done. But at the same time I can completely see it from his point of view, even if his point of view is wrong.

 

Billy never gets it when people tell him he's acting like a shitty person. He just carries on, doing the same thing over and over. He does it by opening his big mouth, he did it to Dustin, and now he's done it to Joey. You just don't go up in front of the guy's parents in the middle of the church and say what he did!

I would have done the exact same thing billy did. Of course that would require me to actually to go to church. Also if I left out any insult for joey let me know.  Another thing is every time I see Jack and Joey being father and son cracks me up BC my little brothers name is Joey, and my first name is Jack.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
3 hours ago, William King said:

What I enjoy especially about your writing JKW is the dialogue, the way in which each character presents their own completely believable point if view. I'm listening to Joey telling Billy exactly what he thinks of him, and I totally agree. Then I'm hearing Billy giving his version of things, and I'm thinking like Brett, I don't agree with what you've done. But at the same time I can completely see it from his point of view, even if his point of view is wrong.

 

Billy never gets it when people tell him he's acting like a shitty person. He just carries on, doing the same thing over and over. He does it by opening his big mouth, he did it to Dustin, and now he's done it to Joey. You just don't go up in front of the guy's parents in the middle of the church and say what he did!

 

Thing is - the people who have told him that so far are those who care about him and want him to change for his own sake.  Joey doesn't give a damn and would be perfectly happy if Billy just shot himself.  Additionally, the Dustin incident stemmed from Billy not wanting to believe Brett smoked pot and was totally uncalled for.  

 

This was fair revenge against Joey - who would have done exactly the same thing in Billy's place.  He was dumb enough to push Billy knowing what he had on him. Why do people assume there's some kind of honor code in these kinds of situations?  There isn't.

 

However, I will say that Brett was a very good boyfriend here.  Yeah he didn't take Billy's side exactly but a good partner will make you look at an issue differently. It's a sign of maturity.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 8/17/2017 at 8:19 PM, Wesley8890 said:

Aww hell what is that bitch Paula about to do. I am so glad Billy did that though, true he could've used more tact but he crossed a line talking about Billy's dad.  Billy realizes he did wrong, knows hell is coming, but I would have done the same damn thing! Joey is nothing but a bottom feeding self righteous , pompous, messiah complexed, jerky ass, douchebag, of a hypocritical, self loathing, asshat, egotistical, borderline moronic little bitch. Oh and he's a cunt.

But how do you really feel about him?  LOL

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
On 8/17/2017 at 8:35 PM, Shadow086 said:

Fuck Joey McKenzie, and fuck Paula for taking his side.

 

I get so pissed off whenever one of these sanctimonious assholes starts talking about 'reputation'.  I just tune them out because that's a sign of someone who's more concerned with keeping their reputation than earning it.  Billy did the right thing in calling out their bullshit, and Joey deserved every bit of what's coming to him.  Now his precious Golden Boy reputation is ruined.

 

I'm glad Brett called him out on it, though, but I hope Brett will take Billy's side against Joey.

 

If Billy was smart, he'd come out right now, that way Joey wouldn't really have anything big to use against him.  Billy can't be stupid enough to think Joey's not going to out him in revenge (oh wait, he is that stupid), so he should just do it himself and stay one step ahead.

 

The Locked-Down Unit:  I think it's pretty obvious that Billy's getting grounded after this, and Fuckface McAsshole will use that time to try to turn Brett against him.

Brett wasn't mad, he was just concerned.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 8/17/2017 at 9:20 PM, Okiegrad said:

Oh man, I have a bad feeling about where this is going.  I hope at some point both Brett and Billy find some happiness and peace.  I really don't like where I see them headed.

Don't worry too much about them.  They'll eventually find happiness. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 8/17/2017 at 9:27 PM, droughtquake said:

It’s a whole church full of sanctimonious hypocrites! They’re all worried that Billy or someone like him will start exposing all their secrets and sinful behaviors! Paula’s worried that George will find out about her alleged affair with the minister, but he probably already knows.  ;-)

 

Billy shouldn’t have said what he did, especially in front of the group that was gathered, but it was much too tempting.

 

 

It’s also possible for the Lock-Down Unit to be referring to Joey. But literally locking down Joey’s ‘unit’ is probably unlikely. As much as he deserves it, it would probably be considered child abuse to put Joey’s penis in a chastity cage!  ;-)

It's not the church so much as it's the clique in power.  They use the church as cover, and it gives them another means to use and maintain their power.  Billy just wasn't thinking when he did what he did.  Joey threatened his relationship with Brett.  His temper got the better of him.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 8/17/2017 at 9:49 PM, glennish said:

Well that escalated quickly.  Billy shouldn't have done it, but Joey did start it.  How did no one hear that argument in the bathroom??  I am a little worried about Brett's reaction to the news. Ultimately it is Paula's fault for dragging her son to a church he obviously doesn't want to go to. 

 

Wondering who is stuck in the "Locked-Down Unit".........Until next week.....

It's a remarkably sound-proof restroom!  Got to agree about Paula.  She's determined to save Billy like she saved George.  But she wasn't dragging George to a church George actively hated going to.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 8/17/2017 at 11:02 PM, Benji said:

B).............Yep, that was a total dick move on Billy's part although Joey had it coming being the king dick. You know mom is to blame cause it wouldn't have happened if she hadn't drug him to that church, and didn't Billy  Still Billy's short lived victory will be revenged and it will end up badly on Billy's side. But how far will Joey go? If he goes too far he could wind up exposing the towns secrets, and somehow Brett could really get hurt.

Billy could have handled this better by quietly addressing Joey's dad, furthermore Joey's first attack on Billy should be brought up, his mom is clueless with the f'ing pillars of the community crap, didn't Billy warn her about Joey's supposed angel status? This is just a little Peyton place from Harper Valley.

Yep, Brett is convinced that it will end the way you've described.  Billy could have quietly talked to Jack, but then he wouldn't have had his sweet revenge on Joey.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..