Jump to content
    Laura S. Fox
  • Author
  • 4,362 Words
  • 8,252 Views
  • 24 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Spark & Stone - 12. Perfect Shot

Chapter Twelve – Perfect Shot

He walked over to Heathcliff and his companion, and, for a couple of seconds, he just stood there, not knowing what to do. It was surely foolish, to act on instinct like that because truth be told, he wanted to dance with Heathcliff, too, and there was no turning back.

Heathcliff’s companion seemed to be the first to notice him standing there. “Can we help you with something?” the guy asked, frowning slightly.

Aidan licked his lips and swallowed. He was about to make a total fool of himself, but he wasn’t going to back down now. “Would you like to dance?” he asked Heathcliff directly.

“Excuse me,” the guy in the white tee huffed, “we were just in the middle of a conversation, and you’re interrupting. And seriously, is that your pick up line? Maybe you should go home and polish it a little.”

“I’d love to dance,” Heathcliff said dramatically, taking his companion by surprise.

And not only. Aidan’s eyes grew wide. Now he had expected a rejection or at least a small jab at his request, and the only unknown factor in all that was how Heathcliff would go about it. Funny how he wasn’t ready for a positive response.

“You would?” he asked, feeling, and most probably looking, a bit stupid.

“Let’s go,” Heathcliff said with determination and took Aidan’s hand, ignoring the other completely.

“Hey, that’s not very nice,” the guy called after them.

Heathcliff only half-turned toward him. “I’m sorry, please forgive me,” he said in a sugary voice. “I’m just suddenly in the mood for dancing.”

“You could have just said so,” the guy threw his last words at them. “Jeez, some people,” he added, most probably to himself.

Heathcliff snickered like a kid doing something naughty and carried Aidan quickly to the dance floor. And, unlike Michael who had shown Aidan a proof of his virtuosity as a dancer just earlier, Heathcliff pulled him into a tight hug and kept him there.

“Heathcliff,” Aidan called softly, “we’re not exactly dancing.”

“I suppose we should also move a little, right?” Heathcliff began to move, but only slightly, in total disregard of the fast-paced music.

“We’re not supposed to slow dance,” Aidan pointed out again.

It wasn’t like he minded. Actually, being there, in Heathcliff’s arms, felt good and right at the same time.

“It’s the only style of dancing I know,” Heathcliff replied.

“Seriously? Aren’t you the master of all things, you know, physical?”

“That I am.” Heathcliff chuckled. “I just skipped dancing lessons; that’s all.”

“Michael is an excellent dancer and your friend. Doesn’t he find this appalling coming from you?” Aidan asked and wrapped his arms around Heathcliff’s neck.

“Ah, Mikey. I thought he would seduce you and you wouldn’t say ‘no’.”

“I’m only here for you, you spoilt fitness guru,” Aidan said affectionately.

“You’re such a perfect babysitter,” Heathcliff’s voice dropped low.

Aidan was sure they were putting on a bit of a show, slow dancing while all the others were engaged in much more physically strenuous exercise on the floor.

“Michael told me you wanted me to ask you to dance. Is that true?” Aidan asked.

“It is,” Heathcliff admitted simply.

“But why? Isn’t this how you practically send the others around here the wrong signals?”

“What do you mean? What signals?”

“You know. That you don’t want to hook up. Dancing with your babysitter is the surest way to keep everyone at bay.”

“Good. That’s exactly what I want to do.”

Aidan wanted to be able to have a witty comeback to that. The thing was he felt like no other words were needed.

***

Heathcliff had never played the sentimental card with anyone in his life, as he liked to believe that he was as honest as they came in all his dealings. Yet, right now, keeping Aidan close in his arms, he felt pretty damn sentimental, and it wasn’t some play. The strategist in him was all a frown. The rest was smiling, though.

He had to remind himself to thank Michael later. Apparently, a small friendly nudge had been enough for Aidan to come to him and ask him for a dance.

To say that he had been thrilled the moment he saw Aidan there, a bit shy, but determined, was an understatement. Heathcliff was so happy that the only way to contain what he felt was to hold Aidan tightly.

The weirdest thing of all was that, for the moment, his mind was blank. He could not remember one step from his elaborate plan to seduce the corporate bunny. And he had thought he had everything thoroughly planned.

Obviously, something was happening. If he hadn’t been so giddy with Aidan coming for him, he would have investigated the issue thoroughly.

With a content sigh, he snuck his hands lower on Aidan’s back.

“Are you all right?” Aidan asked gently. “You’re a bit not your usual self tonight. Are you ill?”

Heathcliff scoffed. “I just wanted a dance with my babysitter. How is that a problem?”

“It’s not,” Aidan replied. “But we’ve been slow dancing for about twenty minutes or so, and the music changed five times. People around us are really starting to stare.”

“Let them stare,” Heathcliff said smoothly. “Don’t you like the attention?”

“Actually, I don’t. I’m not a famous influencer like you.”

Ah, finally, some steps of his elaborate plan were coming back to him. Heathcliff knew exactly where he wanted Aidan. “Then we can go somewhere private.”

Aidan pushed himself away to look at him, with something akin to suspicion in his lovely eyes. “Heathcliff,” he said, his voice a little wary, “aren’t you here tonight to hook up?”

Heathcliff pulled Aidan back into his arms. “I changed my mind.”

“All right. So do you want to go back home and sleep?”

“Will you tuck me in?” Heathcliff joked.

“Of course,” Aidan said. “What kind of babysitter would I be if I didn’t send you to sleep with a bedtime story?”

“Don’t you like this club?” Heathcliff asked. “I’m sure Michael will be disappointed to hear you want to leave so quickly.”

“The club is fabulous. It’s you who makes me worry. Are you sure you’re not ill?”

This time, Aidan raised one hand and touched his forehead. Heathcliff pulled back. It wasn’t that he didn’t like to tease Aidan over his babysitter role, but he was sure this wasn’t in the job description. Also, it was not part of his plan.

“Let’s go somewhere private, bunny boy,” he said with determination.

He dragged Aidan after him through the crowd. The bout of sentimentality from earlier was thankfully over. Now he could go back to being business-like, as his plan for the night demanded. Plus, he wasn’t sure he could win Aidan over by being sentimental and doe-eyed. That wasn’t him.

Michael smiled at them as they walked over to his table. “You two were quite the sensation on the dance floor.”

“Mikey, can I have that private booth now?” Heathcliff asked.

Michael’s eyes lit up. “For you? Always. Seeing you so taken with one another, I’ve already sent word. You’ll not be disturbed.”

“Wait; what?” Aidan intervened. “What do we need a private booth for?”

“For the same reason anyone needs a private booth when going to a club. To have fun in private,” Heathcliff replied.

“Are we going to have fun in private?” Aidan asked.

“Yes. I recall a certain kink of yours that only I can cater to.”

“Oh, fuck. You can’t be serious,” Aidan protested.

“Come with me, and stop being difficult.” Heathcliff held Aidan’s hand in his tightly like he was afraid bunny boy would make a run for the exit. “Since you’re my babysitter, I must take care of your needs.”

“Stone, you’re still a conceited bastard, aren’t you?”

“Stone? You called me Heathcliff earlier. It was nice for a change.”

“What was nice for a change was you being less of a conceited bastard,” Aidan replied.

Heathcliff laughed. “Did you really fall for that act?”

He could not tell why he felt the need to distance himself from his behavior from earlier. It was like control was slipping through his fingers. Heathcliff Stone was always in control. So taking back the reins, like he was doing right now, was completely normal.

“Actually, ah, it doesn’t matter. Let’s get it over with. I know exactly what you have in mind. But let me tell you. I’m holding my liquor well,” Aidan warned him.

“I thought you told me you don’t drink.”

“I don’t. I have a natural tolerance. Something about some of my ancestors being sailors and all that.”

“Ah, so you’re from a family of explorers? That explains everything,” Heathcliff said with a broad smile.

“And what do you mean by that?” Aidan asked.

“Your bold personality, of course. You came to invite me to dance.”

“I’m pretty sure my ancestors would have been engaged in thrashing the bar by now, but let’s say that I believe you. But I don’t think I’m bold, at all.”

“Let me be the judge of that, okay?” Heathcliff linked his fingers with Aidan’s.

“You two are better than any reality show,” Michael interrupted them. “I wish I could be a fly on the wall to learn what’s coming next.”

“Do you have flies in here, Mikey?” Heathcliff joked as he looked at his friend. “That calls for a visit from the health department.”

“Just go and have fun, you two. But, seriously, you should tell me how that went.”

“A gentleman never kisses and tells.” Heathcliff flashed a big grin at his friend.

Michael replied with a knowing smile. But he could read something akin to surprise in Michael’s eyes. Ever since he confessed to him how much he liked Aidan and wanted to trap him, Michael had had a hard time hiding it. Of course, Heathcliff knew why that was happening. Michael was too considerate a friend to tell him anything he didn’t want to hear. However, Michael had jokingly proposed to save Aidan from him, by trying to seduce him.

Heathcliff wasn’t sure who Michael was trying to protect. It was clear as day that his friend had been taken with Aidan from the first second. For some reason, he felt proud; his affection for the young man wasn’t misplaced, and Michael was validating his decision. Also, if Michael joked about hooking up with Aidan, that meant Heathcliff wasn’t the only one to notice how incredibly cute the bunny was.

He offered his hand to Michael. “Thanks, man.”

“Have fun, you two.” Michael grinned at them. “Especially you, Aidan. Don’t let Heath push you around, okay? Also, don’t fall for this vulnerable act. He’s a wolf in sheep’s clothing.”

“Thanks for the heads up. But you have nothing to worry about,” Aidan said with a small laugh. “I am Heathcliff’s babysitter and not the other way around. I’ll be completely responsible, and I’ll take care that he doesn’t start using colored markers on the walls.”

Heathcliff looked at Aidan. So he was having fun, after all. That was the only reason why he allowed him to talk like that. As soon as they were alone, Heathcliff was going to be back in charge. Right now, he could allow Aidan a few giggles at his expense.

***

“Seriously, Stone, you’re so easy to read. I told you about body shots, and of course you have to do something like this,” Aidan said as he gestured toward the table on which a small shot glass, and a whole bottle of tequila, along with a beautiful porcelain plate full of lime wedges, were neatly arranged. “I still don’t understand how you can give up on a night of hooking up and getting busy with various handsome men just for the sake of trying to get me under the table. Wait, was that your plan? To have me drunk so that you could sneak out and have fun without me hovering over you?”

Heathcliff laughed and pushed him toward the love settee. Aidan didn’t have to look too close to notice how this particular private booth had a romantic flair to it. It had obviously been modeled to cater to couples.

“I’m having fun right now.” Heathcliff hovered over him while Aidan sat. “I actually have a business proposition, but let’s talk about that later.”

“Business proposition?” Aidan wondered out loud.

“Let’s talk after you’re a little looser than this.”

“I told you. I don’t get drunk easily. Also, I wouldn’t want to risk getting into a coma by accident.” Aidan gestured towards the bottle.

“Don’t worry about that. I just want to see your skill at drinking body shots. I don’t want you drunk either. So, are you ready?” Heathcliff asked with a smirk.

Aidan rolled his eyes. “Okay, I am ready.”

He should have known Heathcliff was all for fooling around. But the sooner he could get this over with, the sooner Heathcliff was going to go back at doing what he wanted, and Aidan could return to his job.

That, of course, unless the little voice inside his head telling him Heathcliff actually wanted to hook up with him and no one else was saying the truth. Aidan had a mind to ignore it as wishful thinking, but, at the same time, he worried about what it might mean. Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to run away from this? Maybe if he just hooked up with Heathcliff one time, he would still be fine?

Plus, that being the case, he could say he lost his V-card to the biggest crush in his life to date, which was huge.

Aidan shook his head. Heathcliff was caressing his jawline slowly, still standing and looking down at him.

“You’re always thinking of something,” Heathcliff said. “I can tell.”

“It’s not so hard to tell, seeing how I tend to fall silent all of a sudden,” Aidan babbled nervously.

“What are you thinking about?”

Aidan decided to grab the bull by the horns. “Are you trying to get me in bed with you, Stone?”

“Is it that obvious?” Heathcliff chuckled.

“Pretty much, yeah. But why? We’re practically in your type of paradise. Outside this door, there are literally dozens of men waiting for a chance to get into your graces. Yet, you’re wasting your time with me when you could go out there and swim in dicks or something.”

Heathcliff laughed wholeheartedly. “Let me see how good you are at body shots and then we’ll talk business.”

Aidan shrugged. On the outside, he could play it cool, but on the inside, he was a hot mess. He just hoped Heathcliff wasn’t going to notice how his palms were sweaty, his heart started to beat faster, and he could only do this much to avoid jumping the sexy fitness guru’s bones.

From the first second Heathcliff embraced him on the dance floor and kept him there, he had known he was doomed. Of course, he was trying to grab at straws and tell himself that Heathcliff meant nothing by it.

“Is it that bad for your ego that I’m telling you ‘no’?” Aidan asked.

There was still a chance to escape. He could piss off Heathcliff a little, and he could go.

“Are you telling me ‘no’?” Heathcliff asked and climbed the settee, placing his knees on Aidan’s sides, trapping him between his muscular thighs.

Aidan knew his heart rate was now in a danger zone. Heathcliff leaned in and kissed him gently. In response, Aidan dug his blunt nails into the plush canvas of the settee.

“Your answer,” Heathcliff demanded, keeping Aidan’s head firmly in his hands.

Aidan gulped loudly. “No, I’m not telling you ‘no’,” he replied.

“Good.” Heathcliff caressed his cheeks and stood up. “Then I think it’s time for our little introduction.”

Aidan had a mind to ask what that was supposed to mean, but the words caught in his throat. Slowly, with hooded eyes, Heathcliff began to unbutton his shirt. The thumping rhythm coming from the club was muffled, but it made the perfect musical backdrop for Heathcliff’s striptease show.

“I have already seen you naked,” Aidan said, just for the sake of sounding like he wasn’t impressed at all.

He was very much impressed. And yes, he had seen Heathcliff naked, but that didn’t mean he didn’t want to see the man naked again.

Heathcliff’s only response was an all-knowing smirk. Aidan watched fascinated as the shirt came off. However, it looked like Heathcliff had no intention to go further than that. Not that he minded. The topless look was perfect on Heathcliff.

“So, what are you waiting for?” Heathcliff challenged him, hands on hips.

“For you to lie down so I can show you what a body shot looks like,” Aidan said with courage he knew well he didn’t possess.

“Then how about you make room for me?” Heathcliff laughed.

Of course, Aidan thought and stood up to allow Heathcliff to stretch on the settee. Pretending to be absorbed with pouring himself a shot, he kept from throwing glances in the other’s direction.

So, it was a bit of a surprise to see Heathcliff already with a lime wedge between his lips and well prepared with a short, thin trail of salt on his naked chest. Aidan gulped but knew it was now or never to show the sexy asshole he was not fazed easily. He threw his head back as he let the alcohol burn his throat and then, he straddled Heathcliff quickly.

It wasn’t the most comfortable position to assume, but he didn’t care for details at this point. Aidan pressed Heathcliff into the settee with both hands on his shoulders, and licked the trail of salt, making the other giggle. And, without a glitch, he raised his head and pulled the lime wedge out of Heathcliff’s mouth, savoring the sour taste.

“Wow, perfect shot,” Heathcliff joked. “In the mood for another?”

“I think I played along enough,” Aidan said, staring into the other’s eyes from above. “How about you tell me about that business deal you wanted to talk about?”

Heathcliff put his hands on Aidan’s hips and moved slowly upward. “I think I like this position. Don’t you agree?”

Aidan sighed. “You’re impossible; you know that, right?”

“And you’re a tiny bit hard,” Heathcliff replied, moving one hand and placing it over Aidan’s crotch.

“Who wouldn’t be?” Aidan retorted. “Come on, isn’t this enough for your ego? The night’s still young. Why don’t you go pick up a nice guy and have some fun with him? What do you say?”

“I am not exactly crazy about nice guys,” Heathcliff said, moving his hand on purpose over Aidan’s semi, making him grunt.

“Then go find a naughty one.”

“You didn’t let me finish. I’m not into nice guys, except for one. You.”

Aidan licked his lips. “So the only way we can solve this is by letting you have your way with me?”

“Have my way with you? What are you, an innocent maiden?”

“I’m not innocent!” Aidan protested.

“Exactly,” Heathcliff said with satisfaction. “So let’s get back to what I was saying. Can you pay attention?”

“I could if you didn’t fondle me through my jeans,” Aidan complained right away.

“I think that’s actually helping to keep you focused on me,” Heathcliff replied.

Aidan sighed. “Okay, just say what you have to say.”

“I don’t like this thing with NDAs and all that,” Heathcliff began. “It’s not only because it is annoying as hell to get guys to sign before, after, or in-between. It is because it’s like I’m trumpeting all over the place that I got myself a deal. I am a confident man, but this reeks of self-importance.”

“Okay,” Aidan admitted.

“But it’s not like I prefer the alternative, which is not to get laid at all. So, I must ask you, isn’t it annoying for you to hunt my partners down and get them to sign those stupid NDAs?”

It was. Aidan nodded. “Yes, it is. But that’s what the contract says.”

“Normally I’d say fuck the contract,” Heathcliff said, and his moves on Aidan’s still clothed cock became more daring.

Aidan could feel his breath hitching in his chest. “Don’t fuck the contract,” he said stupidly. He knew what Heathcliff meant by that.

“I have no intention to.” Heathcliff chuckled. “I realized, however, that there is a solution that could keep everyone happy.”

“Seriously? What?” Aidan asked, trying to focus on anything else but the hand moving over his cock.

“I have something you want, and you have something I want. Do you see what I’m getting at?”

Aidan closed his eyes tightly. “I can’t say I do.”

“We don’t have to make a big deal out of it,” Heathcliff continued. “You want to be the perfect professional, and I have nothing against that. Actually, I think it’s perfect for what I have in mind. If we hook up, there’s no need for NDAs.”

Aidan’s eyes snapped open. “Is that your business deal? I should sleep with you because I’m sure not to go with tabloids with something stupid like how you snore after fucking?”

“I don’t snore,” Heathcliff protested.

“It was some stupid example! I can’t believe that you really thought of this! And how do I keep being the ‘perfect professional’, as you say, while I’m sleeping with you?”

“It’s simple. You keep me happy, and I keep everyone at your company happy, by projecting the perfect family-friendly image everyone wants of me.”

“And I’m what? Some sacrifice for the greater corporate good?” Aidan sputtered.

He made a move to get up. Heathcliff wrapped one arm quickly around him and stopped him.

“Do you like me, Aidan Spark?” Heathcliff asked. “Look at me, tell me you don’t like me, and I’ll let you go. Because I like you very much and I think that this solves everything. No one will know as long as you don’t tell anyone.”

“Do you think is it that simple?” Aidan squirmed into the other’s lap. “And how can you say so confidently that no one will know? Your friend, Michael, is well aware of what we might be doing right now.”

“Chill. Mikey and I have been friends since forever. And he never lets paparazzi into his club. He has a nose for them. And I won’t drag you to clubs and expose you everywhere. Where I want to drag you is my bedroom, and no one, absolutely no one will know what’s going on in there.”

Aidan bit his bottom lip hard. “It’s stupid,” he said after a few moments. “But I suppose you do have a point.”

“Is that all? I have a point?” Heathcliff asked. “Come on, bunny boy, don’t keep me waiting. Do you like me or not? Because if you can say that you don’t, hand on heart, I promise I won’t ever bother you with this.”

“I …” Aidan trailed off.

“Eyes on me,” Heathcliff insisted.

Aidan knew it wasn’t a good idea to look at Heathcliff right now. But if he didn’t, he would look like a coward. So he assumed the risk. Why did that spoilt fitness guru have to look so handsome? It wasn’t helping Aidan with his decision at all.

But it wasn’t just Heathcliff’s natural sex appeal that was making him drown into those amazing blue eyes. The man was looking at him pleadingly. Aidan knew it had to be an act, but there was something inside him, a soft spot of sorts, that made him feel for Heathcliff staring at him like that.

“I do like you,” he said dejectedly.

Heathcliff’s hand cupped his face and caressed him. “And is that such a bad thing that you must look down like this when admitting it?”

“I can’t win against you, can I?” Aidan said, looking down.

“Oh, damn, why do you have to be so cute?” Heathcliff whispered. “I like you more than I’ve ever liked anyone else.”

“You’re just saying,” Aidan said stubbornly.

Heathcliff straightened up, but without letting Aidan go, just adjusting their position so that they could sit upright. “I’m not just saying. Look, you have fuck buddies on speed dial. Am I such a bad deal compared to them? I promise I’ll be worth your while.”

“Okay. But I must warn you. I’m bad at this,” Aidan said with a deep sigh.

“Really? You’re bad at sex? I must say that what you’ve shown me this far tends to contradict you. And how come you have fuck buddies if you’re so bad at this? You know what? Let me be the judge of that. And if it’s that bad, which I seriously doubt, I will work hard to correct those flaws you fear so much. I really mean it,” Heathcliff said solemnly. “Just say ‘yes’.”

“Okay,” Aidan mumbled, feeling a bit ashamed with himself.

He was giving in to temptation here. And he could not blame Heathcliff for being some manipulative seducer. If anything, the guy was asking nicely for it.

Heathcliff caressed his cheeks slowly. “Give me a kiss. I promise you that you won’t come to regret it. I can keep things professional as long as you do the same.”

I already regret it, Aidan thought. As for keeping things professional, that was going to be a challenge. At the same time, he wanted to find a reason to say ‘no’ and could not think of one, let alone more.

Heathcliff took his mouth and kissed him gently. It was hard to put that kind of kiss next to the perfect playboy persona Heathcliff was known for. Or maybe that was making him so successful in all his romantic dealings. And Aidan knew that by playing along with that so-called business deal, he was doing no favors to himself.

Except that his entire body was reacting to Heathcliff’s caresses and kisses, and he wanted, at least once, to do something wild and amazing that he could recall many years from now.

TBC

As promised, this chapter came early :) And, just as I also promised, things will get better from now on. The bunny is properly trapped, with no chance of escape, he-he. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and my explanation of a 'perfect shot' was not off the mark (hmm, did I just make a pun?) 
I will be busy this weekend and after that, hence the early post, and the next chapter which I hope you're anticipating will come next Sunday, as per the usual schedule.
Until next time,
Lots of hugs (also from Aidan and Heath)!
Copyright © 2019 Laura S. Fox; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 43
  • Love 34
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Everything we know about Aidan and Heathcliff suggests this will be an extremely rocky relationship, especially because they refuse to communicate honestly with each other. Fun for us. Not so much fun for Aidan.
;–)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Both of them seem to be biting more then they can chew since neither is willing to be honest for now.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
16 hours ago, Cris L said:

Mmm. I think I need me an Aidan! 

Any other Aidan than this one, though, or Heath would take issue with you! :D

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
15 hours ago, mikeinatl said:

Great chapter.  I hope Aidan allows himself to fully enjoy himself sexually with Heathcliff.  But if neither of them truly admit their feelings, I anticipate problems because they both want more than just physical from each other.  Look forward to the next chapter, but until then, Laura, be well!!

Yeah, that's true. They don't even realize how much alike they are in that respect. The whole story will be about honesty as one of the central themes, I believe. Thank you for your good wishes, Mike!

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Canuk said:

Amazing! Love the mind games as much as the physical ones! Our bunny may be trapped, but also he is a lot stronger and more ethically resilient than Heathcliff knows. Interesting times ahead!

Well, that's certainly the case! Aidan will truly be a challenge for Heath, and in more ways than one! Thank you for commenting!

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
11 hours ago, droughtquake said:

Everything we know about Aidan and Heathcliff suggests this will be an extremely rocky relationship, especially because they refuse to communicate honestly with each other. Fun for us. Not so much fun for Aidan.
;–)

As I said in another comment, honesty will be one of the main themes of this story. It will appear in more than one occasion, and at key points. Thank you for noticing! As for not being that much fun for Aidan ... let's say that he will still enjoy himself. ;)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Daddydavek said:

The good news is that the odds of Aiden getting laid just became a certainty.  The bad news is that he thinks it will be a hook-up...

Ah, then it's up to Heath to convince him otherwise. The man will try, it's all I'm saying!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, drogon said:

Both of them seem to be biting more then they can chew since neither is willing to be honest for now.

Yeah, that sort of sums things up at this point. And you're another reader talking about honesty. Thank you all for noticing this part!

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
32 minutes ago, Laura S. Fox said:

Any other Aidan than this one, though, or Heath would take issue with you! :D

 

I'm quite partial to this one! 

Though actually I've maybe got one of my own! Time will tell.... 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
18 minutes ago, Cris L said:

I'm quite partial to this one! 

Though actually I've maybe got one of my own! Time will tell.... 

Good luck then! Keeping fingers crossed! :D (Don't fight Heath over this one, (not so) seriously!)

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
12 hours ago, BASILB said:

Awesome! 

Thank you Laura, sincerely thank you.

And I must thank you for always reading and being here for me!

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

This story is one of the best arguments for honesty between lovers I have ever seen. We have two men, very much attracted to each other who are keeping themselves apart, not sharing a relationship, because neither one will admit what they really want. Aiden is a 'nearly virgin' and is head over heels in love with Heathcliff, but because he will not confess to that affection, they continue the cat and mouse (or in this case, the wolf and bunny) game and delay for time after time the mutual affection they could enjoy. Oh, I know it is just a delay and soon they will ge together, but all the time they are wasting!

  • Love 2
Link to comment
48 minutes ago, Will Hawkins said:

This story is one of the best arguments for honesty between lovers I have ever seen. We have two men, very much attracted to each other who are keeping themselves apart, not sharing a relationship, because neither one will admit what they really want. Aiden is a 'nearly virgin' and is head over heels in love with Heathcliff, but because he will not confess to that affection, they continue the cat and mouse (or in this case, the wolf and bunny) game and delay for time after time the mutual affection they could enjoy. Oh, I know it is just a delay and soon they will ge together, but all the time they are wasting!

The main theme I chose for this story is honesty, so you're right on all accounts. I got inspired in writing such a story by looking around at what happens in the world today, with all this social media that makes people assume fake lives and personalities only for the sake of impressing others. As an immediate result, they also tend to become distrustful, as they surely know, at some level at least, that everyone is faking it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..