Jump to content
    Laura S. Fox
  • Author
  • 4,780 Words
  • 4,927 Views
  • 36 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Spark & Stone - 26. Meet The Stones (And Some Pebbles)

Chapter Twenty-Six - Meet The Stones (And Some Pebbles)

Aidan was a complete wreck on the inside as he parked his car in front of Heathcliff’s house. He had barely caught any sleep and, in the morning, he had made a run for it, without even eating breakfast, which had been received with a frown by Heathcliff.

He had pondered, over and over, what to say. He couldn’t make things worse if he wanted to. But he had, and now it was time to assume responsibility. Going back on what he said was not an option, and if Heathcliff wanted to throw him out for being inexplicably sentimental and emotional, he would at least say all that was on his heart.

Aidan let himself in with the key Heathcliff gave him, knowing that he must have been expected since he had sent a text to announce his unusually early arrival. It was only four o’clock in the afternoon, which wasn’t his typical time for returning home.

Home. Aidan’s heart squeezed itself painfully. No matter what, he wasn’t a coward. Maybe he was a bit crazy to fall in love with such a guy, but he wouldn’t hide anymore. It wasn’t like this wasn’t bound to lead to heartbreak, eventually. So it was better to happen sooner rather than later so that he could mend his broken heart and move on.

Apparently, he had moved quite stealthily so far because Heathcliff didn’t hear him. He was with his back turned and seemed absorbed by something in front of him. What Aidan thought odd was Heathcliff’s choice of clothes, a bit loose, comfortable, but seemingly a little bit haphazardly put together, which was definitely not his usual MO. The man had style, and this outfit seemed completely out of character for him, being something rather a teacher or a scientist with his head up in the clouds would wear.

Aidan shook his head. What the hell was he doing? Instead of focusing on how to tell Heathcliff everything and get ready for the blow, he was criticizing the man’s fashion sense in his head.

He breathed in deeply, making Heathcliff turn in surprise. Aidan didn’t dare to look at him and cast his eyes down. He would still say everything, even if he didn’t dare to look the man in the eyes.

“Heath, I just want to tell you that I don’t regret what I said last night,” he began and took Heathcliff’s right hand into his. “I want you to know --”

Heathcliff made a small strange sound from his throat, and Aidan looked up and stared into a pair of very amused eyes. Was Heathcliff making fun of him now? He was also smiling, fondly, but a bit quirkily, like he was about to start laughing out loud. Aidan took in the other’s face and began blinking. “Did you shave your beard? Why? I mean, not that you can’t, but I thought it was like your signature --”

Aidan’s words faded away as some noise from behind interrupted him. He turned and stood there frozen, for a second, in complete shock. From the patio, holding one boy around six on his shoulders, another who was the copy of the first under one arm while the kid was struggling to perform some complicated gymnastics, and a third, a girl this time, by the free hand, Heathcliff came in, surrounded by laughter.

Aidan squealed and dropped the other Heathcliff’s hand, which he was still holding. What the hell? There were two of them? The one with the kids was staring at him and didn’t seem amused like the first one. His gaze was sharp, his eyes trained on Aidan, and making him feel little; he suddenly wanted the earth to open up and swallow him whole.

This one had the signature beard. Aidan moved his eyes back to the stranger to whom he almost confessed earlier.

“Is this my little brother?” The stranger asked. He was the exact carbon copy of Heathcliff, with the exception that he lacked a beard, but had – now Aidan could see it – a few pounds extra on the plus side. Now he was looking over Aidan, at Heathcliff.

“I suppose so,” Heathcliff’s reply came a little strained.

Aidan squealed again, this time because the stranger hugged him suddenly. “I am so pleased to meet you, Aidan.”

“Heath?” Aidan turned toward the master of the house, as soon as the stranger let him breathe.

Heathcliff smiled, and some of the ice in his eyes began to thaw. “Aidan, this is my brother, Max.”

“Twin brother,” Aidan said slowly like he could not believe his eyes.

“I’m older, as I came out first,” Max said and drew his attention again. “My family always call me Maxim. I’d like you to do the same.”

Now that was a bit of an odd thing to say, Aidan thought. Heath had just called him Max.

“My brother is a joker,” Heathcliff explained. “That’s the only phrase in the entire book he has ever read. Also, he used to use it to pick up girls.”

“Book?” Aidan questioned.

Heathcliff nodded. “In his case, our mom thought Maxim de Winter to be more appropriate as the inspiration for her second son’s name.”

“Second? Who told you that?” Max protested, but Aidan could tell he was joking.

“So your mom has a thing for emotionally tormented heroes,” Aidan concluded.

Max shrugged. “Women. God knows neither of us proved to be the romantic protagonists our mother liked reading about. Speaking of women, where is that bloodless creature?”

Bloodless creature? Was Max talking about their mother now? He wouldn’t dare, Aidan hoped. If the strong-willed characters in front of him were any indication of their mother’s personality, Max would better not joke like that.

“The bloodless creature is right here,” a petite woman with sandy hair, dressed as haphazardly as Max, said as she emerged from the patio, as well.

“Great, we’re in full formation,” Max said and clapped his hands.

“Wait, wait, wait,” the woman said, as she set her eyes on Aidan. She had large green eyes, filled with intelligence and good humor. “Bunny boy?”

Aidan now really wanted the earth would open underneath his feet. How could Heathcliff tell people about that nickname? He thought it was an inside joke.

“Yes, that’s him,” Heathcliff replied.

“O. M. G. He’s gorgeous!” The woman marched toward him and gripped him in a hug fiercer than Max’s. “How are you, baby? Why does he have black circles under his eyes?” She turned toward Heath to scold him while still holding Aidan in her motherly arms.

“And this is my sister in law,” Heathcliff said, his smile broader. “Hope, let him breathe. I think you’re scaring him.”

“No, no,” Aidan said, shaking his head. “I’m fine. I’m just surprised. Why didn’t you tell me you have a twin brother?”

Hope and Max exchanged knowing looks. Aidan looked first at Hope, then at Max, expecting a reply to his question, seeing how Heathcliff was completely silent like the cat got his tongue.

“And these are,” Heathcliff said instead, trying to organize the three rugrats so that he could introduce them, “Louis, Robert, and Rebecca.”

The boys took Aidan’s hand and shook it solemnly, but Rebecca frowned and took a step back, wrapping one arm around Heathcliff’s leg.

“Ah, Rebecca,” Aidan said, “what a beautiful name. Like in the book from which your daddy got his name.”

“Actually, that came from Rebecca Lancefield,” Hope explained. “And Louis and Robert from Pasteur and Koch.”

Aidan tried to keep a straight face upon hearing that. Max and his wife truly had a thing for microbiologists.

“Rebecca, say hi to Aidan,” Hope said in a tone that brooked no argument.

Rebecca was still not happy with that, but she finally offered her hand to Aidan. “When I grow up,” she said with finality, “Heath will marry me.”

Aidan bit his lips not to laugh. Apparently, he had some serious competition to consider. “I’m glad to hear that. I hope I’m invited to the wedding.”

Rebecca cocked her head to one side and searched his face with her inquisitive green eyes, a direct gift from her mother. “Yes, but you can’t be the groom.”

Max and Hope burst into laughter. Aidan had a suspicion he was being left out on that joke, too.

“So, now that we’re all here, let’s hit the road,” Max said. “The kids will take up a lot of room. Can you ride up in front with Hope, Aidan?”

“I’m not sure I’m invited,” Aidan said, trying discreetly to pinch himself to make sure he wasn’t dreaming. “To whatever your guys plan to do.”

“We’re paying a little visit to mommy dearest,” Max said.

It was funny how Heathcliff’s brother talked. It was like any moment, he would be ready to say a joke. There was not an ounce of irony there, though. Aidan was suddenly in a much better mood than he had been when he walked inside the house, and it was all because of the lively atmosphere these guys could bring along with them.

“I could just go home. I didn’t know Heath had guests.” He threw Heathcliff a cross look. The guy could have just texted him.

Heathcliff’s eyes thinned as they zeroed in on him. What was that all about? Aidan felt little again.

“Nonsense,” Hope said and grabbed his arm. “Let’s leave these guys to take the backseat in the SUV, and we could have a nice chat.”

Aidan threw another look at Heathcliff, to ask him, without words, if that was okay. Heathcliff seemed as imperturbable as ever. “Heath,” he said in warning. “I don’t think I should come with you, guys.”

“Oh, you should come. Definitely,” Heathcliff said, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Boys, Rebecca, all grab Aidan and help your mom take him. I need to have a word with your uncle.”

Aidan could not fend off against so many enemies. The boys took to heart their father’s request and were now dragging him toward the door. He looked back and felt as astonished as the first moment when he understood Heathcliff had a twin brother. One next to the other, the differences were noticeable, but, otherwise, they were both handsome and charming, and Aidan could feel his heart beat faster.

***

“Aidan, I hear from Heath that you’re some big shot copywriter,” Hope chatted happily while stepping on it, and making Aidan’s heart beat faster, but for a totally different reason than earlier.

“He’s exaggerating.” Aidan tried to catch a glimpse of Heathcliff in the rearview mirror. “I am just in my first year of employment, and I am barely sinking my teeth into this thing.”

“Is it something you see yourself doing for a while?”

“I really like it, yes. Can I ask you a question, Hope?”

“Sure thing. Shoot, darling.”

Hope, just like her husband, was full of life, and easy to be around. Aidan felt good just being in her presence.

“Do you guys like microbiology much?”

Hope laughed. “Heath really didn’t say a word about us, did he?”

“No, he didn’t,” Aidan confirmed.

If the guys in the backseat could hear their conversation, it would have been something. The kids were a riot, and Heathcliff and Max were doing nothing to quiet them down. Actually, Aidan suspected that they were the instigators of all that ruckus.

“That’s the field we both work in, Max and I.”

“And why does he call you a bloodless creature?” Aidan asked, not sure if that was the right move, but curiosity getting the better of him.

Hope laughed again. “Oh, that. That’s a joke between microbiologists. Women have fewer blood cells than men.”

“Oh, I see. Now that makes sense, in a way,” Aidan said.

Hope profited that they were at a stop, to touch Aidan’s forearm and squeeze it. “You will like Lady Stone, and she will like you.”

“Lady Stone?” Aidan asked, now feeling alarmed.

“That’s another joke. Don’t call her that to her face. But you’ll see. She’ll love you. As for Daddy Stone, he will, too. Start with him. He’s easier.”

And now Aidan felt true unease. He had been too shocked to make such a sudden acquaintance of Heathcliff’s twin brother and his family, that he had forgotten to worry about the most important thing of all. He would soon meet Heathcliff’s mom and dad.

***

The house in front which they parked looked like something from a romantic book. Aidan could not say if it were some replica of a more famous building, or it was really old, but the property was impressive. Massive rhododendrons were guarding the driveway, and there were flowery smells from the many different bushes decorating the wild garden in front.

“Yes,” Max said as he came and took him by the shoulders. “If you feel like this place is familiar without reason, there is actually one. One day, mommy dearest had the craziest idea to replicate Manderley. Daddy dearest told us how happy he is me and Heathcliff both made it on our own and don’t count on any inheritance from them.”

Again, Aidan wasn’t sure if that was a joke. It was clear a lot of work had been put into that place, and that must have cost a fortune. So Heathcliff came from money, which was another thing the guy had failed to tell him.

Maybe he was guilty of that, too. They had been both absorbed with work, on one side, and with getting freaky between the sheets, on the other, that they hadn’t been keen on talking about their families. However, Aidan was pretty sure he had said more than once he was a single child. At any time, Heathcliff could have hopped in and shared information on his twin brother and his family.

There were met at the door by a butler in livery, and Aidan stepped into a sumptuous hallway with a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. Now daddy dearest’s joke on not leaving anything to his sons started to make sense.

The kids were not at all impressed, and they began running down the hallway, making the butler laugh and chase them. Only the appearances seemed formal in that house. Aidan felt he could breathe a little.

“Ah, my little devils,” a baritone voice boomed, and Aidan watched a man in his late fifties, dressed like a gentleman from a black and white movie, marching toward the kids and taking all three of them into his arms.

His once blond hair was mostly white now, and he had the same benevolent look in his eyes as Max. That had to be daddy dearest, or Daddy Stone, as Hope had named him when talking to Aidan on the way there.

“Everyone come, come. We already have the table set, and Norma can barely wait to ring her bell and annoy everyone.”

Aidan followed, feeling terribly out of place. What the hell was he doing at a family reunion? And why did Heath want him there? He was the only one who wasn’t family.

“Ah, I see you’ve brought a strapping young man with you,” Daddy Stone said, and looked straight at Aidan.

Aidan gulped. He was nervous without an apparent reason. Maybe it was because every man in this family had the same blue eyes that seemed to search your soul when looking at you.

“Hello, sir,” he said politely. “I’m Aidan Spark. I work with Heathcliff. I hope I’m not inconveniencing you.”

Daddy Stone took his hand and shook it vigorously. And then, he pulled Aidan into a firm hug. Was everyone in this family a hugger? “I never thought I’d see the day,” he said once he let Aidan go free only to keep him by the shoulders and look at him. “Finally, Heath is bringing someone home.”

Aidan felt like a major fraud now. It had all been because of circumstances that he was there, and Daddy Stone – he could see why the man’s moniker would be that seeing how paternal he was with everyone – was just misinterpreting everything. He had a mind to protest, but Heathcliff came to grab him by the shoulders. “Dad, you’re all over my date. I’m telling mom,” he added playfully.

Could Heathcliff do playful? Not in a sexy, a little mean way? That was a face Aidan hadn’t known of him. The day was full of surprises, and there was still a family dinner to face.

They walked into a large dining room, and the kids took their seats, jumping about and laughing, in total contrast to the lavish interior. Aidan took little steps, and seeing the woman seated already at the table, he stopped completely.

Now he understood the Lady Stone joke. Heathcliff’s mother was a presence capable of filling an entire building, not just a room. Like her husband, she was dressed in pretty eccentric clothes for the age they lived in, the dress she was wearing tapering down to a small waist which had to be kept that way by a tight corset. She was thin, but she didn’t look frail at all.

“And who is this, Heathcliff?” she asked, and motioned Aidan forward.

Daddy Stone had been easy, as Hope had said. But this was Lady Stone, and Aidan began worrying whether his clothes were okay and if he looked all right. Had he known he would be in such select company, he would have worn his better suit.

Her deep green eyes searched his face as he stepped closer. She got up and took him by the arms. Like Heathcliff’s father, she looked at him, and her gaze was even more piercing than her husband’s.

“This is Aidan, mom,” Heathcliff replied.

“I see,” she said and tipped Aidan’s chin and then made him turn his face away.

Now he felt a bit ridiculous.

“Excellent profile. I’ve been looking for a new subject for my current project.”

Heathcliff hurried to come to his aid. “Mom, forget it. Aidan is not going to pose naked for you.”

Naked? Aidan wasn’t ready for that sort of shock.

“Why? He is extremely pretty. He’s just what I need.”

“Mom,” Heathcliff warned, “there is no way my boyfriend is going to be in one of your paintings.”

Oh, so Heathcliff’s mom was a painter. Yet another detail that Heathcliff hadn’t volunteered to offer.

“I bet it would sell well,” Lady Stone counter-attacked her son’s protests.

“Every one of your paintings sells well. That’s not really an argument. And come on, ring that bell, and have some food brought over. We’re starving.”

Aidan murmured something to cover for Heathcliff’s bluntness, but the lady of the house was already not paying him any attention, too busy to, indeed, ring her bell and have a flurry of maidservants flood the room with trays filled with food.

Aidan sat next to Heathcliff, not ignoring for one bit, how the man’s hand was clinging to his shoulders. “What did you call me?” he asked, realizing that something extraordinary had just happened.

“My boyfriend, of course.” Heathcliff leaned toward him and placed a quick kiss on his cheek.

Aidan could feel the corners of his lips stretching into the biggest smile ever. As the atmosphere continued to be as animated as before, he found himself dragged into the conversation. He could feel Heathcliff’s eyes on him, from time to time, and he couldn’t mind at all. It meant that Heathcliff wasn’t that mad anymore.

***

A walk in the immense garden had not been exactly among the places where Aidan could see himself confessing, but they were there, and he wasn’t sure he could postpone it. That, mainly because Heathcliff stopped in front of him and held him by the shoulders, saying, “Aidan, we need to talk about last night.”

“I know. I need to tell you something.”

“I have to tell you something,” Heathcliff said, at the same time.

“Ah, damn,” Aidan said. “All right. Should I go first, or you?”

Heathcliff decided. “You.”

Aidan took one big gulp of air and released it slowly.

“Wow, is it that bad?” Heathcliff laughed. “You look like you’re about to get slaughtered or something.”

“Could be,” Aidan said, without too much determination.

The buzz of the earlier meal and drinks was wearing off, and now he needed to face reality. “Heath, look, I know what I said last night, and how much that must have upset you.”

“Damn right,” Heathcliff confirmed his fears.

Aidan breathed in the pleasant air, again. “Even so, I want you to know that I meant it. Every single word.”

“What? That I’m like a ‘bro’,” Heathcliff made the air quotation marks, “to you?”

Aidan stared at Heathcliff and blinked a few times. What the hell was Heathcliff talking about? “No, not that part!”

“Then which part?” Heathcliff asked.

“The part where I said,” Aidan closed his eyes, “I love you,” he added quickly. “It’s true. There. I said it. I know what you must think.”

“Hmm, you do?” Heathcliff purred right into his ear, making the hair on his head stand on end. “And what am I thinking?”

“That you should think of a way to let me down gently?” Aidan added the question mark to his sentence and opened his eyes slowly.

Heathcliff chuckled, sending small waves of pleasure down his back. “Yeah, right.”

“What then?”

“Hmm, since we’re such in a romantic setting, let’s start with this.” Heathcliff took a step back and looked Aidan in the eyes. “I love you, too, Aidan Spark. And definitely not like a ‘bro’.”

Aidan opened his mouth and could not get it to close back. His jaw had to be somewhere on the ground, lost between the rows of azaleas. “What?” he eventually managed. “Aren’t you going to give me the boot?”

Heathcliff laughed. “I’m not sure I understand the question.”

Aidan shook his head. “Heath, I’m … I have no idea what to say.”

“Well, you should start by saying ‘yes’,” Heathcliff said.

“To what?” Aidan felt slightly suspicious all of a sudden.

“To doing it in a place I’ll show you,” Heathcliff said and grabbed his hand.

“It’s your parents’ garden!” Aidan whispered.

“So?” Heathcliff said with a shrug and continued to drag Aidan after him.

“And it’s not done! Come on; there are kids around!”

“They are all with my dad, playing with his vintage trains. If it were after them, they would play until tomorrow morning. No one will bother us, I promise.”

“Still.” Aidan tried to continue his protests, seeing how Heathcliff totally ignored him and was pulling him hard, almost making him trip over some roots.

They were somewhere in the back and Aidan could not suppress a ‘wow’ when he saw the old oak dominating a corner. Heathcliff pulled him behind the massive trunk of the tree, laughing.

The sun was going down, so there was still enough light. There was also a light breeze, making him shiver, but that wasn’t the reason why his skin was all goosebumps at the moment. Heathcliff pushed him with his back against the tree and raised one hand to caress his cheek slowly. All this time, his gorgeous blue eyes were set on him, and Aidan could feel his heart beating faster.

“I didn’t expect any of this,” he mumbled.

Heathcliff brushed his lips against his and began kissing him gently. He moved so slow it hurt, Aidan realized, but it was the good kind of hurt, and he wanted more of it. He caught Heathcliff by his shoulders and pulled him closer, deepening their kiss.

There was a small gasp emerging from his throat as Heathcliff worked his zipper and began rubbing his cock steadily. He could not escape the kiss or the firm hand on his dick and wanted to return the favor. Through fits of giggles, he managed to reach Heathcliff’s crotch, too. It was so nice to fill his hand with all that hardness that meant that Heathcliff wanted him as much Aidan wanted him.

“Here, let’s try this,” Heathcliff said in a throaty, sexy voice, and pulled their cocks together, rubbing them like that while captured in his fierce grip.

Aidan wasn’t sure why that felt so good; it wasn’t like full-blown sex, but, with Heathcliff, everything was different, dizzying, like a waterfall threatening to drag him to the edge of a high cliff. He wasn’t laughing anymore, just panting and gasping into Heathcliff’s mouth while his lover was doing the same. Soon, their cum mingled, exploding in unison, to seal the deal of their words from earlier.

He laughed again as Heathcliff let him and watched as the other carefully wiped his hand on a tissue extracted from his pocket. “I would have expected you to eat it or something,” he said, leaning against the tree, feeling too spent to care about anything else in the world.

“Hey, I kiss my mother with his mouth,” Heathcliff joked. “Don’t worry, my love. We will have many occasions to mix cum cocktails.”

“My love? Cocktails? Heath, you’re so …” Aidan had trouble picking up the right words to describe what he felt.

“In love with you?” Heathcliff’s smile was absolutely gorgeous.

“You are?” Aidan asked. “For so long, I’ve tiptoed around you, afraid that I would give myself away if I said anything about how hard I was crushing on you.”

“Crushing on me? Since when?” Heathcliff asked in a light tone.

Aidan laughed. “Since I watched some fitness video of you for the first time, I guess.”

“What?” Heathcliff exclaimed. “Are you seriously trying to tell me that I thought you didn’t care about falling in love with me while I was actually your crush?”

Aidan winced a little. “Well, I guess. But, come on, what chances did I have?”

“All the chances!” Heathcliff opened his arms wide.

“You, the incorrigible playboy. You would have been happy to hear someone who watched your videos had a crush on you?”

Heathcliff seemed to ponder. “Not someone. You.”

“Well, if I hadn’t played hard to get, you wouldn’t have liked me that much. Plus, you would have thought I was a stalker or something creepy like that.”

Heathcliff moved his head to one side, then the other. “Maybe you’re right. Although,” he put one finger up, “seeing how cute you are, I wouldn't mind being stalked by you.”

Aidan rolled his eyes. “You’re just saying. Gosh, I really can’t believe this is happening. Is it happening? I’m not in some dream or something, right?”

Heathcliff leaned in and kissed him deeply. “No dream, Aidan. Don’t ask me how it happened, but I am in love with you.”

“Wow,” Aidan barely managed.

“Now let’s go before people really start to wonder about us and where we disappeared.”

Aidan was sure he was making a face now. “So now you tell me they might think something is fishy with us.”

Heathcliff burst into laughter. “No, they won’t. They’re happy to see me like this, settling down.”

“Seriously? Are you settling down?” Aidan asked. “Is not just a temporary thing or something?”

“I’m telling you that I love you, and you still don’t believe me. That means I should prove myself more. Can you call in sick tomorrow?”

“Why would I do that?” Aidan asked, but his voice was a tiny bit lost and unsure now.

“Because you might not be able to get out of bed,” Heathcliff said while circling his waist with one arm and pulling him into another maddening kiss.

They walked toward the house, hand in hand.

“Wait, can I ask something?” Aidan interrupted their comfortable silence.

“Sure,” Heathcliff replied. “Are you trying to find out details about what I’m going to do to you tonight?”

“No,” Aidan said, a bit clipped. “Why did your brother call me his little brother?”

“Oh, that was meant as a joke,” Heathcliff said.

“Like what joke?”

“He keeps telling me I should bring the one I love into the family.”

“So he meant it like in brother in law?” Aidan asked, his heart getting smaller.

“Yeah, like that,” Heathcliff agreed. “But don’t worry. I believe in love, not marriage,” he added.

Aidan opened his mouth to say something but decided it was wiser to shut it, for now. One could not win all battles with someone like Heathcliff Stone. For now, it had to be enough that he was handed the keys to the city. Anything else would have to come later, if ever.

TBC

Well, tell me you're not surprised! :D :D :D I won't add anything, and I'll just let you do the talking! The end is in sight, but not extremely close. I still have something planned that will shake up things ;)
 

Until next time,

Hugs and kisses,

Laura.

 

I also have a Patreon account, where people who feel inclined can come support me while writing these stories. I offer my patrons complete books, and extras, to make their support worthwhile. If that is something you would like to do, or you just want to check out my page, here is the address:

 

https://www.patreon.com/laurasfox

Copyright © 2019 Laura S. Fox; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 38
  • Love 32
  • Haha 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



3 hours ago, Kapucinski said:

 

Hallelujah! Now I can relax for a moment or two! 

cat rabbit GIF

Classic!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

I was wondering why Heathcliff was wearing rumpled clothes! I thought Aidan’s confession of love threw him so much he was still processing hours later. It didn’t make sense,

I learned about siblings with almost all the guys I ever dated. I can’t remember most of the names, but I can remember bits and pieces about them. It was important to me to learn about those sorts of things because it tells you how they relate (no pun intended) to others.

It’s shocking that Heathcliff would avoid talking about a twin brother, sister-in-law, niece, and nephews who clearly dote on him. Usually, the unmentioned relatives are people you avoid and don’t get along with – that’s clearly not the case here. I’m wondering how Heathcliff will explain this.
;–)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Kapucinski said:

 

Hallelujah! Now I can relax for a moment or two! 

cat rabbit GIF

your comment gets a thumbs up just for the image 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Kapucinski said:

 

Hallelujah! Now I can relax for a moment or two! 

cat rabbit GIF

Enjoy the rest! It is well deserved!

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Canuk said:

"Surprised" doesnt even begin to describe how I feel. Wacked into a star-trekkie future would be "surprised"...this is out of the ball park amazed, confused, read-it-a-second time stunned! As for the "I'll shake it up in the future".... really? 

Authors are very scary people.... their minds very dangerous....

Amazing writing... I may comment when /if I recover...

Ha-ha-ha, I promise, all will be good in the end! Consider me as some sort of conductor that tells you to hop on board and then omits to tell you we're going to take the 'scenic' route, lol! But, I promise you, I'll take you to the destination, and at the end of it all, you'll be - mostly - unharmed!

  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

Meet the family? ☑️

Confessed love on both sides☑️

Boned in the parents garden ☑️☑️☑️

Anxiously awaiting next chapter

hell yeah yes GIF

He-he-he, nice and funny gif! I'm glad you're waiting for the next chapter, as there won't be that many left :) Hugs!

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Tonyr said:

You said it all. She's dangerous! 😳

Oh, damn, now I'm really scaring people ... lol!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Philippe said:

I’m thinking the paparazzi will challenge the “sick”ness that ails him too.

I have a feeling Aidan doesn't care - at the moment, at least - about paparazzi and whatnot ;)

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Philippe said:

Now that they have confessed love, the new twisted logic of out thinking the other is:

“But don’t worry. I believe in love, not marriage,” he added.

Aidan opened his mouth to say something but decided it was wiser to shut it, for now. One could not win all battles with someone like Heathcliff Stone.

This will have them walking on new egg shells! 😝

There's never one moment of rest for our little energetic bunny. Now he only needs to change Heath's mind about the M-word, too! Right? :)

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, droughtquake said:

I was wondering why Heathcliff was wearing rumpled clothes! I thought Aidan’s confession of love threw him so much he was still processing hours later. It didn’t make sense,

I learned about siblings with almost all the guys I ever dated. I can’t remember most of the names, but I can remember bits and pieces about them. It was important to me to learn about those sorts of things because it tells you how they relate (no pun intended) to others.

It’s shocking that Heathcliff would avoid talking about a twin brother, sister-in-law, niece, and nephews who clearly dote on him. Usually, the unmentioned relatives are people you avoid and don’t get along with – that’s clearly not the case here. I’m wondering how Heathcliff will explain this.
;–)

Heath has always kept his life well compartmentalized until now. Seeing how he's all over - used to be - tabloids and whatnot, he didn't want this part of him to be exposed to that. As for why Aidan didn't know about that, well, let's say Heath has been too busy doing something else with his precious bunny ;) And this tunneled vision will come into play a little later, too. I hope that makes sense! (It's how I played it in my head)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Laura S. Fox said:

Seeing how he's all over - used to be - tabloids and whatnot, he didn't want this part of him to be exposed to that.

I don’t pay attention to tabloid newspapers, magazines, or TV shows and yet I’m still aware that both Tony Danza and Rami Malek have identical twins!
;–)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Philippe said:

Now that they have confessed love, the new twisted logic of out thinking the other is:

“But don’t worry. I believe in love, not marriage,” he added.

Aidan opened his mouth to say something but decided it was wiser to shut it, for now. One could not win all battles with someone like Heathcliff Stone.

 

Aiden is learning to pick his battles. Somehow  I think that is one in which he could eventually prevail.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
41 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I don’t pay attention to tabloid newspapers, magazines, or TV shows and yet I’m still aware that both Tony Danza and Rami Malek have identical twins!
;–)

Well, Heath is more secretive than that, lol! Plus, he's not that big a celebrity. He's this new generation type of celeb. Like, for instance, just yesterday I found out Ninja's real name, and I bet I'm not the only one who is at least a little bit into gaming but doesn't care about such stuff. And, to give you the proper background to this, Ninja is - actually used to since he migrated to another platform - the most subscribed Twitch streamer. Yeah, we're talking about someone who makes millions of dollars every month just to sit in front of a computer, play video games, and entertain the masses. And now I hope my explanation makes more sense :)

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Daddydavek said:

Aiden is learning to pick his battles. Somehow  I think that is one in which he could eventually prevail.

Aidan is a persistent little thing ... But let's not get ahead of ourselves :) Thank you for commenting, as always!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..