Jump to content
    Lee Wilson
  • Author
  • 6,585 Words
  • 1,379 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Reggie: Matt's New Friend - 3. Relationships Grow and More Conflicts Arise

This chapter begins with a graphic description of sex between the two main characters. As this may not be everybody's preference, you can skip to "Continue here to bypass the graphic sex" surrounded by asterisks (*******) should you wish to continue the story but not read that section.

We wake up Monday morning a little before 7:00. I'm not usually up this early if I don't have to be, but we crashed pretty early after what was essentially my temper tantrum. Reggie's behind me, spooning me. I have to take a leak, but his naked body up against mine feels so good, I hold off as long as I can before I throw on the pair of sleep shorts mom brought, but obviously didn't use. I trek to the bathroom and take care of business. When I get back to the room, Reggie's on top of the covers, boner sticking straight up.

"Is that for me?"

"Yeah, but let me pee first."

I sit back down on the bed and wait for him to come back. He comes back in a couple minutes later carrying the bottle of hand lotion that was on the sink in there.

"What's that for?"

"You don't have to if you don't want to, but I was hoping you'd fuck me."

"Um, what?"

"You stick your dick in my ass, pump it in and out a few times, and cum."

"I get that, I was just making sure I heard you right. You really want me to?"

"Yeah, like I said the other day, you're fast becoming my best friend. Actually, I think you're more than that, but I don't want to rush you."

"More? Like meaning boyfriend?"

"Yeah. Does it bother I think of you like that already?"

"Bother me? No. Just kind of surprised. But now that you mention it, with all that we've done together in the past few days, it sure feels like it."

"Cool. So will you?"

"Will I...? Oh. Um, yeah, I think I'd like that. I'm, I'm a virgin though."

"Me too, but I've watched enough gay porn to know I'd like to try it, and basically what to do. Get those shorts off."

I take the shorts off. Reggie rubs some lotion on my dick. This accomplishes two goals, first it makes me slippery enough to enter his ass easier, and second, it makes me hard. Then he rubs lotion around his asshole.

"OK, I'm going to lie on my back, and pull my knees back. Take some lotion and work a finger at a time into my ass, start like we did in the shower Friday night. When I tell you, use a second finger. Then, we'll try a third, all the time working them in and out. That should easily be bigger than your dick."

"OK. Then after that I just stick it in?"

"Yes and no. You put it in, and push in a little at a time. It's probably going to hurt a little bit before it turns awesome. So I'll tell you when to stop and when to keep going."

I follow his lead, after a few minutes I have three fingers in his ass and start moving them in and out.

"Mmmmm, that feels nice. OK, start with just the head of your dick. I'll push out a little like I'm pooping..."

"Ewww."

"I'm not going to poop. I already did that in the bathroom. When I relax, and your dick is right up against my hole, it will help it go in easier."

I do as he suggests, I see his hole push out a little, and place my dick against it.

"OK, now push a little."

I do and I slide partway into him.

"Oh wow. That feels so great."

I see he's grimacing a little.

"Should I take it out?"

"Nooooo. Just leave it like that for a bit. I'll tell you when to push a little more in."

After about two minutes, he's ready. I push a little bit more, and without really trying, my dick slides all the way in.

"Ooooof. I said a little more."

"I only pushed a little, it kind of slid in the rest of the way by itself."

"It's OK. Just give me another minute."

It's actually closer to three, but then he tells me to pull back, but not all the way out. Oh, God does this feel good. It must not be hurting him anymore; he's smiling and moaning quietly. Then I realize he's saying 'more.' I repeat the in and out motion.

"Yes. Oh God, your dick feels so good inside me."

"I can't even begin to explain how good it feels on this side."

He urges me on more, and soon I'm pushing in and out without stopping. He's moaning, but it's definitely a happy moan. I make a few more thrusts and...

"I'm gonna cum..."

"Push it all the way in."

I do. Then I'm emptying my balls deep inside him. He's obviously loving it as much as I am. I stop cumming and just kind of lie on top of him.

"That was awesome Matt."

"You sure looked like you enjoyed it."

"Oh, God yes. I think it was the best feeling ever."

"I can tell, you're still as hard as a rock. You want to do it to me?"

"Yes. If you want me to."

"Hell, yeah!"

Reggie takes the lotion and rubs my ass with it, then puts a bunch on his dick and starts with the fingers. I see what he meant by hurting before turning awesome.

"You ready?"

"Yeah."

"OK, push out."

I do, I feel his dick up against my hole and I relax. Oooof. I feel his dick go inside me. It's uncomfortable, but not really painful.

"OK, I'm only in a tiny bit. I'm going to push now."

He does. I stifle a scream. Fuck. It feels like someone's sticking a baseball bat up there.

"Ow, ow, wait, wait."

He stops where he is.

"How far in is it?"

"About an inch, maybe a little less."

"OK, give me a minute. I hope it starts feeling better soon. That first bit hurt like a mother fucker."

"Sorry. I guess my dick being a little bigger and wider than yours, it feels worse. I can stop if you want."

"No. No. Just take it slow. Go ahead and push a little more in."

That bit didn't hurt nearly as much.

"OK, more."

He pushes again, and like mine, it slides the rest of the way in. Pain, but maybe pickle-sized pain. No more baseball bats. After a moment, even that goes away.

"It feels funny, but nice being all the way in. OK, start pulling out a little."

He does. I have him repeat the in and out thrust. It's feeling real good now so I tell him to keep going. He pumps in and out of me maybe 8 or 10 times...

"I'm cumming too."

He thrusts in as deep as it will go, and I start feeling him cum inside me. Fuck, I didn't need to see Candace naked to know whether I'm gay or not. I don't want him to pull out, but I can feel his dick shrinking and then, my ass is empty.

"Oh, you're right Reggie. That was the greatest thing ever. Although being on top was pretty wonderful too."

"Yeah. I think I need a nap though. He he."

"Yeah, that was tiring."

****************Continue here to bypass the graphic sex**********************

He lays down beside me and we fall back asleep. I think it's about an hour later, probably less. I think I hear a knocking sound, but I'm not sure what it is. Before I realize it, Candace is in the room, telling us it's time to get up for breakfast. I'm still feeling so great, I don't even care that a girl is looking at me naked from a couple feet away.

"Way to go little brother. But wash up a little bit, mom has breakfast ready. You don't want to leak all the way down to the kitchen."

"Leak?"

"Your ass?"

"Oh. Shit."

"Nope, not shit. Cum. Move it before the eggs are too cold."

That conversation, however weird, just seemed so natural between them it didn't even bother me. It took me a minute to realize she was naked too. By then, she's on her way out. I grab hold of my sleep shorts, hold them up against my ass and walk with Reggie, who's doing the same with a pair of underpants, to the bathroom. We go back to his room so he can throw his dirty underpants into his hamper. I lay my sleep shorts over his garbage pail so they can dry out some before I stick them back in my backpack. I start reaching for clothes to get dressed.

"Good morning boys. Are you feeling any better today, Matt?"

"Yes, I feel fine."

"I meant about your parents."

"Oh. Them. I don't know. Maybe a little."

"You know you're going to have to go talk with them."

"Yeah, I guess. There's no hurry though, neither one would be home now. Mom works Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at the vet's office. Dad's at work too."

"Well, I guess then you can stay here until later, but I do want you to go home and talk to them later."

In my mind, I'm thinking 'do I have to?' but it sounds whiney even to myself.

"Yes, I will."

We finish breakfast and go back up to Reggie's room.

"So, what do you want to do?"

"Finish running away?"

"Am I going have to tie myself to you?"

"No. I probably wouldn't get past your mother anyway."

"She's probably getting ready for work. She won't be here long. You really going to try to leave?"

"I guess not. The only other place I can think to go is to my bes... other friend Drew's house. Not much point trying to hide from my parents next door to them."

"Yeah, that wouldn't make much sense. Why don't we talk about it some more?"

"I don't know. I'll probably just get pissed off again."

"Maybe, but I think you'll feel better if you go through it one more time and try to look at it from an outsider's perspective."

"Like, pretend I'm you, our roles are reversed?"

"Yeah. That might work."

"Ehhhhh."

"Come on. Do it for me?"

Fuck, why did he have to say that? Now, I'll feel like an asshole if I don't.

"OK. Fine."

"What bothers you more? The fact that Bruce hates black people, or that your parents treated him like shit, to use your words?"

"They both bother me."

"Nope, not good enough. Think for a minute and pick one."

This is too damn hard, but I know Reggie's not going to let me wimp out.

"I guess, if I didn't become friends with you, him hating black people wouldn't be a big deal. But I can't stand the fact that he'd hate someone who may become my... boyfriend."

"Good. If that one was hard, this might be virtually impossible for you, but try."

"OK."

"Now that you know what really happened to Jerry, do you blame Bruce at all?"

"NO!!!"

"Think about it first. No fast answers."

Damn him. Six days and he already knows me better than I know myself.

"Shit. How can you know this stuff about me?"

"I watch, I listen. Now, next one, even harder again. Ready?"

Hell no.

"Yeah, stick the knife in me one more time."

"Believe it or not, I'm really trying to help you."

"OK. Go ahead. Make me bare my soul."

"Exactly what I'm trying to do. Now, knowing you blame Bruce even a little bit after just finding out the truth, do you really think your parents are totally wrong for blaming him, even a little bit?"

"I don't want to play this game anymore."

"Tough. Even though I know what answer that implies, you have to say it."

"No, but..."

"No buts. Last one. If they're not totally wrong for blaming him a little bit, and so do you, can you really hate them for it?"

"No, but... OK, I was waiting for another 'no buts.' But I hate them for treating him like shit for all these years."

"OK, I lied. One more. Don't you think that him hating blacks will change your attitude toward him? And although you won't treat him that badly, can you ever feel as close to him again?'

If I stop answering, maybe he'll stop asking. Yeah, right; not a chance.

"Fuck. When the hell did you get a psychology degree?"

"Got one by osmosis. I spent a couple years in therapy, hating myself."

"Why?"

"At the risk of losing you... I didn't play a part in it, but I was one of those 4 boys. I just stood by watching. Even though there was no way I could have stopped them, the fact I did nothing ate at me for so long, my parents put me into therapy."

"You? You were there?"

"Yes."

"But you didn't kick him or beat him?"

"No. But I did nothing, which was way worse in my 7-year-old mind. Still is."

I honestly don't know what to think. Do I hate Reggie now? No, that happened a long time ago and he's obviously sorry about it. But I can't ever tell Bruce, he'd want to kill Reggie.

"Hate me now?"

"No. But I'm awfully confused. When did you realize who I was?"

"When you told me your name."

"Almost right away? Why didn't you say something sooner?"

"I liked you, maybe a little because of who you were. I guess I thought maybe you being my friend would help me deal with the guilt a little. I really needed a friend at the time, and I guess I didn't want to risk it."

"So, the sex was you trying to make it up to me?"

"Shit. You're getting angry. No. I really, really like you. Wanting to do that with you, that comes from the heart. I think I may have loved you even before I knew your name. That made everything afterwards really difficult, emotionally."

"That's twice now you've said you loved me."

"I guess it's easier for me. I've known I was gay for a few years now. I knew I wanted to be close to a boy, in that way. You're pretty much just discovering your true sexuality. I know you couldn't truly love me yet. I want you to love me so bad, if you didn't freak out, I may have hid this from you forever. Which now, I know would have been as bad as my inaction 7 years ago."

"Um. I need to think about this. Can we just sit quietly for a while?"

I see he thinks that means more than it does.

"If that's what you want."

"Will you hold me?"

"Yes. Oh, God, yes."

I was sitting on his chair, but I moved over to the bed to sit next to him. He wraps his arms around me and just lets me think. He loves me. I don't know right now if I even have a clue what love is. I thought I loved my parents and Bruce. I got so mad; it clouded my thinking. I now completely realized it, never said it out loud, but I hated Bruce for being a bigot as much as I hated my parents for treating him badly. How can I hate him if I didn't like the fact, they did that? And how can I hate them, knowing that I blame him at least a little bit myself? On the flip side, how can I love Reggie knowing he had something to do with Jerry's death? But did he really? He was outnumbered 3 to 1. What could he have done to prevent it, probably without getting beat himself?

"Wait. So, you know who the other three were?"

"Yes."

"Do you know if they were ever punished in any way?"

"Not in the true sense of the word. I've done things to them, things they don't know who did it. Things that caused them emotional pain and maybe some friends."

"But you never told on them?"

"No. I was afraid of what would happen to me if I did. So, I did what I could to make their lives miserable. I vandalized and stole their things, spread rumors about them. Shit, things I'm not proud of doing, but I'm really still just a kid. I did what I thought I could do to make some kind of penance."

"Do they still live around here?"

"One doesn't for sure. I guess I'll know when school starts back up if the other two still do. I broke all contact with them a year or so ago."

"What kinds of things did you do?"

"I'd rather not say, but I guess I owe you. Sliced their bicycle tires. Stole little things. Baseball cards, small toys. Found ways to get girls they liked to think that they sucked dick. Pissed in their shoes when they were at the skating rink and didn't know I was."

"You pissed in their shoes? That's fucking funny. Did you see their reaction?"

"No. I didn't stick around, but they mentioned it afterward. They had to walk home in the wintertime without their shoes. I obviously pretended to sympathize with them. Inside I was laughing at them. They thought I was home sick, that's why I didn't go skating with them. To be honest, I was just sick of them."

He tried to punish them in his own way. Is that good enough?

"My turn to ask a hard question."

"OK."

"If I asked you to, would you report them, even anonymously?"

"Oh. Wow. I guess if it was anonymous, I would. Obviously, I wouldn't want anybody else to find out I was there. I'm sure I'd be in some kind of trouble."

"I wouldn't want that. But knowing you would report them if I really wanted you to makes me feel better."

"So, we're still OK? I mean, you're not going to pretend we're OK until you leave later then never see me again?"

"We're OK. You think we can go downstairs and get something to drink? All this talking has dried my throat out."

"Sure. Scotch, Bourbon, beer?"

"Juice or water you ditz."

"He he."

We go down to the kitchen and get a glass of juice, although something alcoholic does seem tempting, but no, not going there.

"Shit. It's raining. I was hoping we could go swimming again."

Reggie snickers.

"What's so funny?"

"You're worried about getting wet while we're out there getting wet?"

"Oh. Yeah. Duh."

"As long as there's no lightning, we can go in the pool."

"Cool. But I'm not really in the frame of mind to do anything else, if you know what I mean."

"Yeah, that's OK. We've had a pretty emotional morning."

"Oh, fuck. It's raining."

"I believe we already established that."

"I hate delivering the papers in the rain."

"Can't you quit?"

"Yeah, but not with no notice. That wouldn't be fair to the 48 people I deliver to."

"I could help. I'll hang a bag from my bike. You do one side of the street and I'll do the other, you just need to tell me which houses. It'll get done almost twice as fast."

"You'd help?"

"Of course. What are friends for?"

"Thanks. Maybe we shouldn't swim if we're going to get soaked in a little while delivering my papers."

"Whatever you want."

We decide to play video games for a while. Reggie then gives me lunch and we ride over to my house to get the papers ready.

"Where the heck are they?"

"Where do they usually put them?"

"On the porch, under the little roof."

"It looks like there's a note there or something."

Dear Mr. Harrison,

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer require your services.
The Guardian has switched to a fully electronic newspaper.
You will be sent a check for your most recent deliveries by the end of the week.

Sincerely,
Portland Guardian Subscription Department.

"Well, that sucks. I'm out of a job, just like that. What do I do for spending money now?"

"I'd offer to buy you anything you need, but you'd probably see that as a sneaky way for me to do something nice for you."

"That, and there's no way I could let you do that."

"Why not? In case you haven't noticed, my family has money."

"I figured that, but I don't think it's right to get something without earning it."

"You could help me with my chores, and I can give you part of my allowance."

"Like doing what?"

"Taking out the garbage, cutting the lawn, weeding the garden, emptying the dishwasher after it gets run."

"Hmmm. I guess that wouldn't be getting something for nothing."

"Nope, and I think I'd enjoy watching you do my chores for a quarter of my allowance."

"That doesn't sound like just helping you."

"OK. Half. He he. No, we do them together whenever you can, and I'll figure out a fair split. I'm sure you couldn't help me with all of them."

"Not unless I run away again to your house. Every day. Or move in."

"Um, let's not start that again."

"OK. Well, come on in. Let's dry off. Maybe it will stop raining before you have to leave."

"I'll call home and leave a voice mail if it doesn't clear up by dinner time. Besides, I can be moral support when you apologize to your parents."

"Oh, yeah. I am gonna have to do that. I may get grounded. I was really nasty before I left yesterday."

"If you do, you do. We'll get through it."

"You know what?"

"What?"

"I think you made it to assistant best friend. Maybe even on your way to co-best friend."

"Thanks."

Just then the telephone rings.

"Hello?"

"Hey Matt, Drew. Haven't seen you lately. You busy? Maybe you can come over and play some video games?"

"Um. I have another friend over. If he can come too?"

"Sure, anybody I know?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Is he cool?"

"Yes, he's pretty cool."

"OK, come on over. Leo can play with us too so it's an even number. He's been bugging me to play anyway."

"We'll be right there."

"That was Drew, my next-door neighbor. You OK with going over his house and play video games with him and his little brother?"

"How old is his brother?"

"Ten, almost 11."

"Sure, why not? Five or six, I'd probably say no."

"Let me leave a note, and we'll grab umbrellas, so we don't get wetter."

We do so and run next door.

"Hi Matt. Come on in... Who's this?"

"This is Reggie Jackson."

"You're shitting me?"

"Yep. It's Reggie Lincoln. He lives over on 3rd."

"Wow. How did you get to know him? Oh, this is Leo, Reggie."

"Hi Leo."

"Hi Reggie."

"His house is on my paper route. Well, my ex-paper route. I ran across him last week when I was delivering in his neighborhood."

"Cool. Third? He got a big house?"

"Yeah. Big house, awesome pool, and the biggest bathroom I've ever seen."

"Must be something. I'm not sure I'd ever get excited over a bathroom."

"I bet this one would at least shock you."

"Why?"

"It's got a double shower, jacuzzi, and a sauna."

"Yeah. That would be cool."

"Reggie?"

"Yes Leo."

"Are you rich?"

"Leo, that's not really a nice thing to ask."

"Oh. Sorry, Drew."

"It's OK. He's just curious. I'm not necessarily rich, but my parents have really good jobs, and we have enough money to get a lot of things that we want."

I whisper to Reggie, 'very diplomatic.'

"Cool. Drew said I can play video games with you since you're here and we're four people."

"Yep. I think that will be fun. Want to be my partner?"

Leo looks like he just found out it's Christmas morning.

"Really?"

"Sure, why not?"

"Well. I stink at most of the games."

"Good. That makes it more challenging. It will feel better when we whip these two guys' butts."

"He he. Whip their butts."

Drew has a decent assortment of games. Granted his console isn't the latest version, but the games he has are still fun. Reggie and Leo do win a few of the games, so everybody's happy. We spend a couple hours playing and before we notice, it's almost 5:00 and Drew's mother gets home.

"Hi mom." "Hi mom."

"Hi Mrs. Pierce."

"Hello boys. Who's your new friend?"

"He's Matt's new friend Reggie Ja..., um Lincoln. Matt joked before he was Reggie Jackson, that's why I goofed his name."

"Well, is he your new friend too?"

"He's mine. We played partners."

"That was nice of you Reggie."

"Thanks. I can be both their friends too. Nothing wrong with having more than one friend, right?"

"That is right. Did you just move into the neighborhood?"

"No, I live on 3rd Street. Matt delivered papers to my house. At least until he got fired today."

"Why did you get fired Matt? Skip too many houses, ha ha?"

"No, the paper just decided to go all electronic. I became expendable."

"Sorry to hear that. But at least it wasn't your fault. Do you both want to stay for dinner? Nothing special, just hamburgers."

"No, I need to get home. I sort of had a fight with my parents yesterday and need to face the music. I stayed the night at Reggie's. Oh, shoot. My backpack is still there."

"I'll get my mom to drop it off later. She'll probably want to know how things turn out with your parents."

"Busy weekend Matt, fight with your parents, lose your job. Busy, but crappy."

"Yes. Thanks for the offer though. If I'm not grounded until I'm 20, maybe we can do this again Drew?"

"Sure. It was fun, even if L was here."

"Mo-om."

"I'm just kidding L. Maybe next time you can even be my partner."

"Really? Thanks."

"OK, bye guys. Bye Mrs. Pierce."

"Bye boys. It was nice meeting you Reggie."

"Same here. Goodbye."

Reggie and I head over to my house. Mom isn't home yet, but she should be any minute.

"Do you want me to stay?"

"Yes, but I have to do this by myself. I'll call you later, as long as I still have telephone privileges."

"I'll come back with mom later to drop off your backpack. I'll find out your sentence then."

"K. See you later. I, um, love you, Reggie."

"Awww, thanks. I love you too Matt. Bye."

After I put my bike away in the shed, I just sit in the living room, feeling like a condemned man on death row. Mom will be home first. I don't know whether that will be better, or worse, than facing both at the same time. I'm about to find out. I hear her keys in the front door.

"Matt. I'm so glad you're here. I was expecting to go to the Lincoln's and beg you to come home."

"Reggie and I talked a lot about it. I'm sorry I was such a jerk. I don't hate you and dad. I guess I was just overwhelmed with finding out what really happened and couldn't think straight."

"I understand. Your dad and I talked about it after we got back last night too. We realized how wrong we were for the way we treated Bru. I guess, to some extent, we didn't even realize we were doing that. And we really don't hate black people. They were just kids who didn't know any better. They just as easily could have been white, or any other ethnic group for that matter."

"Bruce definitely hates them though. I'm not sure how well I'm going to deal with that, especially with having a black boyfriend."

"Your father told me you weren't just trying to be mean when you said that. I'm sorry I reacted the way I did. I should have tried to be more understanding, but I was angry too. And we did tell Bru we love him when we got back. It will be hard to make up for all those years of mental abuse, but we're going to try."

"But if I'm gay?"

"We'll still love you. It may take us some getting used to the idea, but we're OK with it. We can't always control everything we are and feel."

"Thanks mom."

I go up to her and give her a hug. Dad walks in at the same time.

"That doesn't look like a son that hates his mother. How does he feel about his father?"

I run to dad and hug him too.

"I'm sorry I was a jerk yesterday. Bruce pointing out how you had treated him, thinking you guys hated blacks."

"It's OK Matt. I suppose your mom told you we talked about it and unfortunately didn't realize we were treating your brother so badly until you called us on it."

"She did. She also said you're mostly OK with my being gay?"

"If you really are, yes."

"I really am. Reggie and I have..."

"Stop. We don't need details. If you believe you are, that's good enough for us. I'm not sure how your brother will take it though. You're probably not going to be able to hide it from him for long."

"I know. I don't think I want to anyway. Maybe in some strange way it will help him to deal better with his prejudice."

"I suppose that's possible. I hope you wore your poncho when you delivered the papers today. It was pretty brutal out there. Fortunately, we've been working on an indoor reno lately."

"I didn't need my poncho. I got fired because the paper went fully electronic."

"Oh, Matt. We're sorry."

"Thanks mom, but to be honest, I was getting tired of sweating my butt off every day. Having a little money was nice though."

"Um, about that. There's something I need to tell you all, but I'd really rather wait until Bru gets home. It affects all of us."

"Nothing bad I hope Bruce?"

"No, quite the opposite. Do you know how late he's working?"

"Ten to 6:30 I believe."

"Good. Time for me to shower and change. We'll go out for pizza when he gets home."

It must be good news. We don't go out to eat much. Maybe they got a big new contract. Or bought out by a big company. Dad finishes in the shower before Bruce gets home.

"There's something else I ought to tell you guys."

"Oh? What's that?"

"I hope you don't, like freak out or anything. Reggie's family are naturalists."

"I don't know why that would cause us to freak out. What they do in the privacy of their home is their business, unless... when you were there too?"

"Yeah, dad. It was weird at first, but Saturday we all swam together in the nude. After a little while, I didn't even think about it."

"His mother too?"

"Yeah, mom. He has a sister too. She's 16, plus here boyfriend was there too. Mrs. Lincoln suggested I tell you so it doesn't surprise you at some later time."

"I guess you got an eyeful."

"It wasn't like that mom. I mean, yeah, I looked, but it's not like I stared, or they tried to do anything. They just happen to be open about nudity and like being that way."

"Well, I guess it's OK. Millions of people practice nudism. I hope you don't expect us to go naked if we're over there for any reason."

"No, of course not, mom. They respect that visitors may not feel the same way about it. But if you did ever want to try it..."

"I think I'll pass on that."

"Hey all. I see the runaway is back home. Couldn't stand to be away from me for too long, huh?"

"Funny, Bruce. But yeah. I missed you too, not just mom and dad."

"Darn. And I thought I'd have a room to myself again. He he."

"Nope, you're stuck with me."

"Oh, well. You're not so bad. It could be somebody worse. So, what's for dinner? I don't smell anything cooking."

"I have good news from work, so we're going out for pizza."

"And you waited for me to get home? That's new."

"Yes, Bru. After Matt called us on it yesterday, your father and I realized how badly we'd been treating you. Things will be different from now on."

"Um. OK. That'd be nice."

We head out to the nearby mom & pop pizza place and actually get along well as a family. First time that I can remember. We're talking, joking, laughing, and all have a good time. When we get home, Bruce and I head to our room, and he says he's going to take a shower. After he gets back, he asks about our previous conversation.

"So, what happened yesterday? Did you talk to mom and dad about how they'd been treating me? I doubt they changed their tune on their own."

"I did. I even called them fucking assholes before I came back in here to pack a bag and left."

"Whoa, you?"

"Yeah. I ended up at Reggie's, they came over and tried to make like they didn't do anything wrong. I called them on it again. When they left, they said they loved me. I didn't think they heard me when I mumbled 'tell that to Bruce.' Today when they got home, mom said they did tell you they loved you when they got home."

"Yeah, out of the blue. I was shocked."

Knock knock.

"It's open."

"Can you boys come out? Your dad has something to tell us all."

I tried to hide a smile, but Bruce saw it. He'll ask me what was funny later.

"So, I got some good news at work today. Anybody want to take a guess?"

I try one of the ideas I had before.

"You got a big contract?"

"Nope. Care to guess Bru?"

"I don't know. You get bought out?"

"Nope, Carol?"

"Dale giving you a bigger share?"

"Not that either. Although it's close. Give up?"

We all say we do. It's obviously nothing any of us can guess.

"I don't have the details, need to go to Chase tomorrow, but one of our loans was forgiven."

"What's that mean?"

"It means we don't have to pay it back, Matt."

"Why would a bank do that?"

"I'm not sure. I have a meeting tomorrow morning to get the details and sign some paperwork. But I have a feeling it has something to do with Matt's new friend."

"The ni… black guy that was here yesterday?"

"Yes, Bru. Elias, Reggie's father works at that bank as the VP of finance."

"No comment, Matt?"

"Um, that's nice of them, but it's weird. How much was the loan?"

"That's the amazing part. It's our biggest loan. Almost one hundred thousand dollars."

I'm wondering if Reggie's parents know about his role with Jerry and Mr. Lincoln is doing this as some kind of apology. If so, I'm not sure how I feel about it.

"Well, that's great dad. So, no big loan payment, bigger profits?"

"Exactly, Bru. More money for the house and family, too."

"Well, congratulations dad. I can't wait to hear why tomorrow night."

"Yeah, I'm pretty curious myself Matt."

Good timing, the phone rings right after we finish and are about to head in different directions.

"Hello?"

"Oh, hello Calista... Sure, you can drop Matt's backpack over, it's not too late... No, we were out at dinner earlier... OK, see you in a bit, bye."

"Yeah, I left my backpack over there when Reggie and I came back to do the papers that I don't have to do anymore."

"They shit-can you Matt?"

"Funny, 'Bru.' No, they went full electronic. I became obsolete."

"Sucks man. Maybe you can get a job with dad now that money won't be so tight."

I look at my father.

"We may be able to figure something out. Let me get all the details tomorrow before we make any concrete plans."

"Thanks."

A couple minutes later, Mrs. Lincoln and Reggie show up with my backpack and the few other things mom brought over there last night. Reggie pulls me aside.

"How'd everything go?"

"Pretty good. Everybody's civil to each other now."

"That's good. What about the gay piece?"

"My parents need to get used to the idea, but they're basically cool with it. I don't think I'm ready to do anything like kiss you in front of them. Especially not with Bruce around. I have a feeling that discussion is going to happen in a little while."

"Good luck. Call me tomorrow and let me know how it went."

"Will do."

"You ready, Reggie?"

"Yeah mom. Coming. (Quietly to me: not really, he he.) See ya soon. (I love you)."

"(Also, quietly) I love you too."

"Bye Mrs. Lincoln. Thanks for dropping off my stuff."

"You're welcome. Goodnight."

They leave and I head to my room to unpack. Strange, I can't find my sleep shorts. They must still be hanging on Reggie's garbage can. Oh well, I have others.

"Hey."

"Hi Bruce."

"You going to keep hanging out with him?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Just be careful, I don't trust them. And what was so funny before?"

(Deep breath) "Mom asked us to come out. But I already did."

"What? You were still in here."

No. I came out."

"You're a fag? Did that ni..."

I throw him a nasty glance, so he doesn't finish the word.

"Did that black kid turn you gay? He rape you or something?"

"No. And no. Maybe he helped me find out I really was gay. And anything we did, I wanted to do."

"Anything you did? Oh, fuck. Am I going to have to change in the bathroom all the time now? I don't need you staring or lusting after my junk."

"You don't have to worry about that, Bruce. I'd never do anything with you. And I've seen your junk before. I'm not interested in it anyway."

"You better not. You try anything with me and you'll be the sorriest kid in Portland. Geez. A fag and a ni... OK, I'll try not to say it. Shit, is he your boyfriend?"

"Not officially, but we'll probably get there."

"Shit. I gotta get you laid, change your mind about being a rump runner."

"I'm not a virgin."

"Really? With who?"

"Reggie."

"That doesn't count. You gotta do it with a girl to lose your virginity."

"If you say so. But that's not happening. Don't bother trying to find some slut for me."

"Shit. Mom and dad are starting to treat me better but now I gotta deal with a black-loving faggot."

"We're done talking. I'm not listening to this shit."

I grab the book I've been reading and head out to the living room.

"You don't usually read out here."

"No, I don't mom. But HE'S in there and I don't want to listen to his bigoted, gay bashing bullshit."

"Oh, dear. I can have your dad talk to him."

"No, that'll just make it worse. I'll ignore him until he gets tired of calling me names."

Next up - "Loan Fallout and New School, New Problems"

Copyright © 2023 Lee Wilson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Love 5
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 3
Feel free to drop me a line if you haven't already. I appreciate the comments, good or bad. 
If you liked this, check out my other stories on nifty. You'll need to search for my email address, some of those may violate GA guidelines (lee.666.wilson@gmail.com)
LRW
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Bft

Posted (edited)

Shortening Bruce’s name to Bru is just odd as it doesn’t make sense, I wouldn’t like my name shortened to Bru, Bruce is fine 
maybe Bruce is a closet case? Or is he just a bigot? 

Edited by Bft
  • Love 1
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Bft said:

Shortening Bruce’s name to Bru is just odd as it doesn’t make sense, I wouldn’t like my name shortened to Bru, Bruce is fine 
maybe Bruce is a closet case? Or is he just a bigot? 

You’re on to something there, but I’ll just leave it at that.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..