Jump to content
    Lee Wilson
  • Author
  • 5,123 Words
  • 1,142 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Reggie: Matt's New Friend - 4. Loan Fallout and New School, New Problems

"Good morning Mr. Lincoln."

"Elias, please Bruce. Good morning. I suppose you're wondering about the loan forgiveness."

"Yes. Obviously, I'm happy about it, but confused too."

"Yes, I'd imagine so. Would you like a drink, coffee, tea, water? I believe you'll need it."

He'll probably need something a lot stronger, if Elias is right.

"Coffee, black, then."

Elias gets his assistant to bring them coffees.

"OK. First, let me tell you I have a lot of say in how we handle our loans. $98,000 and change is completely within my ability to handle how I see fit. This will probably come as a shock to you, but my son shared something with me yesterday that he's kept bottled up inside for 7 years."

"7 years?"

"Right. The timing is not a coincidence. Next, I have to say I believed him when he told me he was simply a bystander. Reggie was present when your son Jerry was beaten."

"WHAT?"

"Like I said, I didn't know until yesterday..."

"Fuck you. Thanks for forgiving the loan. I'll be refinancing the others with another bank."

Bruce gets up to leave.

"Mr. Harrison, please let me finish."

"Oh, you're finished all right. And so's your son."

Bruce leaves the office, angrier than he ever has been before.

"Hey Pat, it's Bruce... Yeah, just leaving the bank now. I have to run home for a bit, I'll see you at the job in a little while."

After arriving home.

"Matt, Carol. Are you here?"

"Yeah dad... What's the matter?"

"Yes Bruce."

"You're not to see that Lincoln boy ever again."

"What? Why not?"

"He killed your brother Jerry. I'm going to the police next."

"No. You can't do that. He didn't do anything."

"You knew?"

"He told me yesterday."

"And you didn't think to mention this last night?"

"I thought about it, but I didn't think saying anything about it would help. I was obviously right."

"That doesn't matter. He'll be going to jail, or juvie, or wherever. You won't see him again."

"You do that and you won't ever see ME again. I love Reggie. If you send him to jail, I'll leave."

"And go where?"

"Anywhere you're not."

I turn around to head to my room.

"Get back here. I'm not done talking to you."

"I'm done listening to you."

"Matt."

"Fuck you dad. Maybe I'll just leave now."

"Bruce, what's going on?"

"Matt's little ‘friend' was there when Jerry was killed."

"You can't be serious?"

"Elias told me, and you heard Matt. His friend told him yesterday. How can he not be upset about that?"

"I don't know, and it doesn't matter. You can't do anything to make him run away."

"He wasn't serious. Just blowing off steam."

"Really? ‘Fuck you dad' is a little more drastic than blowing off steam."

"But..."

"If you turn Reggie in and Matt runs away, he won't be leaving alone."

"You can't be serious?"

"Try me."

"Christ. Fine. I won't go to the cops right away; I have to get to the job site. We'll talk about this later. Fuck!!"

Knock knock

"Go away."

"Matt, it's mom."

"You probably agree with him. Just leave me alone."

"No Matt. I told him if he forces you to run away, you won't be leaving alone. Let me in please?"

Opening the door, "You're serious?"

"Yes. If Reggie said he didn't do anything, and you believe him, so do I."

"I didn't think it would come to this, but I asked him if he'd be willing to anonymously turn the rest of them in. He said he would. Would he say that if he took an active role?"

"No, you're right, he probably wouldn't. Even though the other boys would say he was involved, if not the leader, to save themselves."

"We can't let dad turn him in."

"He said he won't, right away, and we'll talk more later."

"Sorry, but I don't believe him."

"I do. When I told him I'd leave too, he visibly softened."

"I hope you're right. But can I go to Reggie's? I need to see him again, in case."

"Yes, go ahead. But be home for dinner. We'll need to talk about this, as a family."

"Bruce can't know. He'd do something to Reggie."

"We'll figure that out later. Please, be home by dinner?"

"I will. Thanks for taking my side."

Ding dong.

"Hi Matt. Reggie's in his room, go on up."

Reggie has ear buds in and is singing and dancing along to a song I can't hear. He turns just far enough to see me in the doorway.

"Holy shit, you scared me."

"Nice moves. You never told me you danced."

"Only alone in my room. Or so I thought."

"Sorry, your secret is safe with me if we seal it with a kiss."

"Hmmm, outed as a closet dancer or kiss you. Tough choice."

"You dance in your closet too?"

We both laugh about that for a moment, then get ourselves into a serious lip lock. I have to break it after a couple minutes.

"I need to tell you something. Sit down."

"Uh oh. You sound serious."

"I am. I guess your father told mine about your involvement with Jerry."

"Fuck. I asked him not to mention it."

"That was the first he'd heard?"

"Yeah, like I said yesterday, I hated myself, but I never let on why. I told them after you left."

"My dad threatened to go to the cops, but mom convinced him not to, for now."

"Shit. I'm fucked if he does."

"Me too. I said I'd run away if he did."

"But you wouldn't?"

"Hell, yes I would. If he does that and you get sent away, I'd never forgive him. Mom said if I ran away, I wouldn't be alone."

"Wow. You think she meant it?"

"Definitely."

"Shit. What do we do now?"

"I don't know. I only know I had to tell you."

"Damn. I'll have to talk to them again. I can't believe he'd be dumb enough to tell your dad."

"This could end up sucking big time."

"Is that a suggestion?"

"What? Oh, no. Ha ha. I'm too upset Reggie. But if we can lie together holding each other?"

"I can do that."

We lie on Reggie's bed for a while. I'm starting to feel better, but still afraid my life is about to turn to shit. Reggie senses my restlessness. Not to mention hears my growling stomach.

"Want to go get some lunch?"

"Yeah, that sounds good."

We have some lunch and then decide to go swimming. I'm not a real good swimmer, so Reggie gives me some pointers, in between the dunking, ass and cock grabbing, and a near drowning by yours truly. After a couple hours or so, we dry off and I get dressed.

"Dad wants to talk some more about this, so I'm going to head back home. I'll call you later and tell you how things work out."

"You sure you're OK?"

"I'm fine, don't make a big deal out of it, I swallowed some water."

"Matt, it was..."

"Reggie, please. I have enough on my mind without you blowing things out of proportion."

"OK, I won't mention it again. But you better call. I'll see you; love you."

"I love you too Reggie."

"Mom, I'm home."

"Hi Matt. I wasn't sure you'd want to face your father again."

"To be honest, I don't, but if it's the only way to stop him from turning in Reggie, I'm doing it."

"I understand. I suspect though, that your relationship with your father is permanently damaged."

"I don't know. If he promises to not do anything, I'm pretty sure I can forgive him. Whether or not I'll get away with saying ‘fuck you' without consequences, I guess I have to deal with that."

"He may understand it being the heat of the moment. But as long as you're prepared to face them, that's the best you can do beforehand."

"Hey mom, I'm home."

"I'll be hiding somewhere."

"Hi Bru. How was work? Wait, I thought you were working until 7?"

"I was, until I got fired."

"What happened?"

"If I'm honest, my stupidity in the face of customer stupidity."

"Want to talk about it?"

"Depends, is Matt around?"

"He said he was going to go hide somewhere."

"Good, I wouldn't want to hear him gloat over my misfortune."

"What happened?"

"I had a customer try to tell me the cactus pears were kiwi fruit. I work in the department, I should know. After a couple minutes of debating with her, I couldn't take it anymore, so I called her a name and walked away. She complained about me. And the manager told me to leave and not come back."

"What did you call her?"

"Does it really matter?"

"No, not really, but I'd like to know, maybe we can correct your attitude going forward."

"Fine, I called her a dumb ni... I have to stop myself from saying that all the time. A dumb black person."

"Well, at least you recognize you shouldn't be saying it."

"Yeah, I know. I don't want to go through life with Matt hating me. I'm trying to clean up my act and attitudes, but old habits die hard."

Ring ring.

"Hello?"

"Hi Mrs. Harrison. I'm just calling to see how Matt is."

"He seemed fine. He went off hiding somewhere when his brother got home, but he hasn't been very happy with him lately."

"So, he's breathing OK? Not coughing up a lung?"

"No, why would he be doing that?"

"I knew he wouldn't say anything. We were in the pool; I was giving him some swimming tips. I ran inside for less than a minute to get us sodas, came back out and he was at the bottom of the pool. I was gone maybe 45 seconds. I don't know why he would have gone into the deep end by himself. I told him to stay out of the pool until I came back."

"Oh my God."

"So, yeah. I pulled him out, um, fortunately he started breathing on his own. That's when he decided it was time to go home."

"Reggie. Thanks for saving him. And for telling me."

"No need to thank me, what else would I do? Can you make sure he calls me after he talks to his dad again? He said he would, but he didn't sound like he would, especially if it turns out bad."

"I will. And thanks again."

"You're welcome. Bye."

"Bye Reggie."

"What was that all about?"

"Apparently your brother went back into the pool after Reggie went inside for sodas and nearly drowned himself. Reggie had to drag him out of the pool. He said Matt started breathing on his own, but I think he only said that to not worry me."

"Holy shit. He saved Matt's life?"

"It sounds like it. He probably won't come if you ask him but go find him and then I get him and bring him into the kitchen. I need to take the chicken out of the oven."

"Will do."

Bruce walks all around the house telling Matt their mother wanted him. He finally heard him coughing in the main bathroom.

"He didn't answer me, but he's in the main bathroom. He's coughing a lot."

"Can you finish taking the chicken out while I go get him?"

"Sure."

"Mmmm something smells good."

"Hi dad. I'm in the kitchen and mom's convincing Matt to come out of the bathroom."

"You're helping mom with dinner? Thank you Bru."

"No problem. Mom wanted Matt, and he doesn't listen to me anymore after Sunday."

"Yeah. A lot of things have happened since Sunday. We'll have a nice talk about all that at dinner."

"A lot more has happened than you know. Like you implied, dinner conversation will be interesting tonight."

"Thank you for taking the chicken out, Bru. Would you mind getting the vegetables from the microwave too?"

"No problem, mom."

"So, Cory, Bru says a lot more has happened than I know about."

"Yes. Let's all sit down and have a nice meal, and hopefully a pleasant conversation."

We all sit down to eat. I don't want to be near my brother OR father right now, but I know I have to.

"OK. So, who wants to start?"

"I think I should, Bruce. It seems Matt had a scare this afternoon. Apparently, he went into the Lincoln's pool after Reggie went in for sodas and nearly drowned. Reggie didn't say so, and Matt won't admit it, but I'm pretty sure Reggie needed to give Matt mouth-to-mouth to revive him."

"Is that the truth, young man?"

I'm almost crying, but I know if I lie it will come back to bite me.

"Yes. I screwed up. I wanted to show Reggie I learned what he was teaching me. I went into the deep end alone, panicked and went under. He did have to give me mouth-to-mouth."

"He saved your life?"

"Yeah, I guess so dad."

"Holy fuck. I know you wouldn't have been over there if I'd turned him in, but wow, now I'm glad your mother talked me out of it."

"Turned him in for what?"

"Dad. Don't."

"Sorry, Matt. I think we all need to know the whole story. Reggie was there when Jerry was beat up. I understand he said he only watched. I was so upset when Elias told me this morning, I was ready to ruin his life, and make Matt hate me forever."

"Matt, do you really believe he just watched?"

"Yes Bruce. He wouldn't lie to me about that. He didn't even have to tell me that much, but he knew he had to be honest with me. Now you can go ahead and hate him more. May I be excused?"

"I'm sorry Matt. You need to stay. After hearing he saved your life, and didn't play an active role in Jerry's death, I'm going to let sleeping dogs lie. After I go back to the bank tomorrow and apologize to Elias, that is."

"And there's no way I can hate Reggie now, Matt."

"Why would you need to apologize, Bruce?"

"I said the same thing to him that Matt said to me this morning."

"Oh, no."

"Oh, yes, Cory."

"Wait, what'd you both say?"

I look at dad, I don't want to repeat it. He gives me that break.

"I think we both said something in anger we wish we didn't say, Bru. ‘Fuck you.'"

"No shit Matt? You said that to dad? And you're still able to sit? You are one brave kid."

Wait, Bruce is proud of me for standing up to dad?

"Yeah, I'm sorry I said that dad."

"It's OK. I can't very well punish you for something I had done myself maybe a half hour earlier. What a day."

"There's one more thing dad. It seems today was the day for all three of us to say something they regret. I had an argument, called her a dumb, word that gets Matt mad if I say it, and got my ass fired."

I don't know why, but dad starts laughing at that. The rest of us quickly join in. After a minute to catch my breath...

"Why are we all laughing?"

"Because the three of us Harrison men all did amazingly stupid things today. Believe me, I was real close to saying the ‘n' word myself after Elias told me about Reggie and Jerry. We're a trio of fucked up guys."

We're all laughing again, even though, in reality, the situation is rather sad. I guess that's how we get through a lot of things. Finding humor in the strangest places.

We finish eating, each if us chuckling half the time. Who knew that tragedy plus stupidity equals a happy family.

"I need to go call Reggie and tell him everything's OK."

"And tell him I said thank you for saving your life."

"Really Bruce?"

"Yes. I'm trying, Matt."

"OK."

"Hello?"

"Hi Reggie."

"Hey Matt. You don't sound unhappy or angry."

"Yeah. Everything's good. I guess me almost drowning this afternoon melted a few hearts. Even Bruce said to thank you for saving my life."

"So, your dad's not going to the cops?"

"Nope. You can tell your dad he's sorry for what he said this morning, although I'm betting he'll be at the bank again tomorrow to apologize in person."

"What'd he say?"

"Same thing I said to my dad when he said he was going to turn you in, fuck you."

"You didn't say that to your father."

"Oh, yes I did."

"Amazing. I'm glad. Dad and I talked about me getting ahead of things and coming clean. He thinks I might only get probation."

"You're still not going to do that?"

"Don't know. I have to see what he says now that your dad won't say anything. I mean, it's been 7 years, I doubt the cops are actually looking for anyone."

"Well, I hope you don't end up doing that. I don't see anything good that would come out of that."

"Except the other boys paying for it."

"Yeah, maybe. I don't think the downside for you is worth it. What were they, 7 or 8? They spend a couple years in juvie, then they're free again. Ain't worth the chance of you getting in trouble."

"Yeah, you're right. I'll still tell dad your family isn't going to follow up. You doing OK?"

"Yeah. Had a coughing fit earlier, but nothing more."

"Good. See you tomorrow maybe? Mom said she's making a pork roast."

"Sounds good. I'll let you know tomorrow."

"Last week before school starts. Let's make the most of it."

"Sounds better. Goodnight. I love you, Reggie Lincoln."

"I love you more Matt Harrison. Goodnight."

Matt and Reggie do make the most of it. They were together nearly every day. There was even one day Bruce took them to a sports center. The old dog is learning new tricks. The young dogs learned a couple new tricks as well. Well, maybe a couple new positions. All those new positions were sexual in nature. One was even numerical.

Matt and Reggie even hung out with Drew two days that final week before school. Leo was happy his new friend came back a couple times. The only new tricks learned at Drew's were video game based.

Tuesday August 29 - First Day of School

Matt and Reggie had learned a few days before they'd be in the same homeroom, and have three other classes together, one of which was gym. They'll be seeing a lot of each other in school. In more ways than one.

"OK, settle down people. I know you're all looking forward to a new school year. Or at least as much as I am looking forward to taming 22 wild teenagers. I'm Mr. Kennedy and I'll be beginning your day for the next 9 months or so. How about we all get to know each other? Homeroom is two hours today. Well, today and every day. I'm supposed to tell you everything you need to know about Portland High School, but you're all 14 or 15, so you know everything already. We can waste a half hour getting to know each other, right?"

"I can't hear nods and barely mumbled mm-hmms. Let's try that again and I'll even give you the right answer. This will be the only time all year you get an answer before the question. ‘Yes, Mr. Kennedy.' We can waste a half hour getting to know each other, right?"

"Yes, Mr. Kennedy."

"And that's probably the only time all year I'll have 100% participation. OK, I'll start. I'm Wes Kennedy. I graduated from William Penn four years ago, spent the next four years teaching middle school in Philadelphia. I couldn't challenge middle school students enough to satisfy my sadistic needs, so I decided to move up to high school. High school students are tougher, so I can be meaner. Oh, and I wanted to be a comedian growing up, but quickly discovered I wasn't funny to anyone outside my family. I think they were humoring me."

Mild chuckles.

"See what I mean? In addition to homeroom, I'll be trying to convince you all that knowing proper English will be important once you escape this particular institution. So, in alphabetic order, do we have a Sam Adams here? No? I guess he's still brewing his beer. OK, seriously, James Adamson. Tell us a little about yourself."

I think I'm going to like Mr. Kennedy. He seems fun. We go through the alphabet until he gets to H. My turn. I stand up after he says my name.

"Matthew Harrison?"

"Hi, I'm Matt Harrison. I guess the most interesting thing about me is I'm a direct descendant of the US president with the distinction of serving the country the shortest time..."

"Let me stop Matt here for a second. Anybody know who that president was? Yes, green polo shirt in the second row?"

"William Henry Harrison."

"Very good green polo. I guess I'll find out your name soon enough. Continue Matt."

"Thanks. So, therefore I'm also a direct descendent of the 23rd president, Benjamin Harrison. I went to Portland Middle the last three years, have one older brother living, Bruce, another who died 7 years ago, Jerry. My mother works at a veterinarian's office and my father is partners in a home renovations company. I like hockey and football. Baseball and golf are boring. And I'm lucky enough to have my best friend in this class, green polo, next to me."

"Good job Matt. I'm sorry about your brother. But that was actually a very personal touch. Most 14-year-olds avoid sharing too much that personal in front of 21 strangers. Next, don't tell me you're related to Abraham Lincoln; Reginald Lincoln."

Reggie stands up to a few more chuckles.

"Ouch. Am I embarrassed. Sorry about that Reginald."

"It's OK. Probably the funniest thing you'll say all year."

That brought a lot more than just chuckles.

"Hmm. Have to keep an eye on you Lincoln. That was funny though. Continue."

"I'm Reggie Lincoln. I never really liked Reginald, but we can't pick our names until we're 18. My mother is a nursing supervisor, my father a bank executive. I'm actually surprised to hear Matt say best friend. We only met a few weeks ago. I was striving to be his assistant best friend. I guess I got a promotion. I like swimming, hockey as well, the Flyers though, not the Penguins like my best friend. I went to Adams Middle, and I have an older sister, Candace, Candy because she thinks she's sweet."

"Thank you, Reggie. It's not nice being funnier than the teacher. You have detention this afternoon."

"What?"

"Just kidding. Jason Morris?"

The rest of the class introduces themselves. With 2 middle schools, I already knew who about half of the kids were. A few I knew a little more than enough to say hi in passing. Drew has a different homeroom.

"Very good job class. I only picked up a little blackmail material, so you'll all have to work on sharing more secrets. Blackmail is a legal issue. The first book I'm assigning is a legal thriller. I happen to like those kinds of books, so I use them in my classes. And I want you to read the book, not watch the movie. You'll be reading John Grisham's first novel ‘A Time to Kill.' Leslie, would you mind opening the cabinet behind you and start handing out copies? And I bet you thought you'd be more invisible in the back row?"

Leslie opens the cabinet and starts handing out the books.

"Cool. The Green Mile."

"Thank you, Leslie, for spilling the beans on book #2."

"Sorry."

"It's OK. Kids don't be so uptight when I say things like that. Typically, students find my subject, shall we say, a little dry. I believe school should be both educational and fun. I will joke with you all a lot. Please take most of what I say off-topic that way. Believe me, you'll know when I'm not kidding. I tend to growl out my words when I'm a little perturbed. OK, I'll go over some official business, locker assignments, a little overview of the school and then let you start reading the book."

After handing out the locker assignments, we were all in the same section of hallway where the class was, he moved around the room talking quietly with each of us. He gave Reggie and me adjacent lockers. When he stopped to chat with me, he again expressed his sympathies about Jerry and told me I was very mature to share that with the class. That and he liked my lineage. Like I said before, I'm going to like him.

Second period was history with Mrs. Rollins. She was a complete opposite to Mr. Kennedy. Not a jovial word. All business from start to finish. She didn't care about who we were. After taking roll she started right in with World War One. History sucks. War history sucks and swallows. Well, that's usually a good thing, but not where school is concerned. Add to that the one kid from 8th grade that I believe hated me being in the class, Marty Martin; that clinches it as my least favorite class. Even with four more subjects to go.

Algebra is next. This is another one with Reggie. Drew's in the class as well. Fortunately, no Marty. Miss Williams is nice, she's younger like Mr. Kennedy is. It'll be fun because Drew wants to marry her.

Reggie, Drew, and I had lunch together in the second lunch period, which came after Algebra. Just my luck, the bane of my 8th grade existence does as well.

"Hi girls. I'd ask to sit with you, but I only hang with white people."

"That's good Marty, because we weren't about to invite you."

Marty looks around, apparently doesn't see what he's looking for and punches me hard in the shoulder. Thankfully he walks away immediately.

"Wow, he's a jerk."

"Jerk is too good a word for him Reggie. Jackass if you want to stick with the J's. Dickhead, Ass-waffle, they work too. He picked on me endlessly in 8th grade. Drew caught his overflow hate."

"Yeah, although I don't remember him ever punching you Matt."

"Me neither. I guess he wants to prove he's a big shot to the 9th graders that don't already know him."

The rest of lunch was uneventful. A couple times Drew looked at me funny. I don't remember acting differently to him in any way. I'll have to ask him on the bus home.

Gym, Art, and Chemistry rounded out the day. In gym we got our gym uniforms and shot around basketballs after we got changed. Nothing too strenuous, so showers weren't required. The one thing I was dreading most about high school: public showers. Of course, complicated by the presence of Marty Martin. I just can't wait until tomorrow and the first full gym class. Putting my tiny dick on display for the whole class will be loads of fun. That's sarcasm in case you missed it.

I sit next to Drew on the bus ride home.

"Hey Drew. It looked like you gave me a couple funny looks at lunch. What was that about?"

"Oh, just the way you are around Reggie. We've been friends a long time, but lots of times you look at him, I don't know, like I would look at a girl."

Fortunately, the bus is empty enough that nobody is sitting really close.

"Oh. Um. I hope you can keep this to yourself. I don't want to ruin our friendship by lying, but telling the truth might ruin it too. I'm gay. Reggie and I are kinda boyfriends."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"I never would have guessed that after all these years."

"I kinda just figured it out over the summer."

"Can I ask a question, pretty personal?"

"Yeah, I guess, you didn't freak out right away after I told you."

(Quietly) "Do you suck his dick?"

"That's pretty personal, for sure."

"Well, I figure that's probably the threshold between straight and gay. Not recently, but we have played with each other. Neither one of us thought that was gay."

"You're right. And, yes, I have."

"And he yours?"

"Yes."

"What's it like getting it sucked?"

"It's awesome. Almost the best thing there is."

"I don't know if I could think of anything better."

"There is. A couple things, actually."

(Quietly again) "You mean, fucking?"

"Yeah."

"Both ways?"

"Yeah, they're both really great."

"Wow. I just wish I could get a blowjob."

"Um..."

"No, no. I'm not asking if you will. Just that I'd like to get one."

"OK. Like I said, we're kind of boyfriends. I wouldn't feel right doing it with someone else. Maybe if we weren't."

"It's OK. Just dreaming."

The bus stops just down the road from our houses. We walk home together and say goodbye. I'm hoping I made the right decision telling the truth. We've been friends a long time; I think I can trust him. I find out how he really feels at lunch the next day.

"Oh look. It's Diana Ross and the Supremes."

"Give it a rest Marty."

"You want what he got yesterday, Pierce? Maybe a couple inches higher?"

"No. Do you want a kick in the nuts?"

"Ha, I figured you were a girl. That just proves it."

Drew shocks the shit out of me by popping up and punching Marty in the face on his way up. Marty goes down hard.

"A little higher like that? I hope you're not too embarrassed being punched out by a girl. Take off or next time I break your nose. Bother me and my friends again, you'll be sorry. I'll be teaching them to fight."

"I'll get you alone Pierce, then watch out."

"Why do you want me alone. Want to kiss me?"

Marty raises his fist again. He starts throwing it at Drew and Drew decks him again. This time Marty's nose is bleeding and looks crooked. Drew throws a couple napkins at him.

"Get out, unless you want more."

Marty picks up the napkins and slithers away. Two more things amaze me. No teachers stepped in and the tables around us quietly cheer Drew. I wasn't completely right about no teachers. Mr. Kennedy has lunch duty today. I see him looking at us and he just smiles. Fucking cool.


Next up - "A Bully's Revenge?"

Copyright © 2023 Lee Wilson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Love 13
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 1
Feel free to drop me a line if you haven't already. I appreciate the comments, good or bad. 
If you liked this, check out my other stories on nifty. You'll need to search for my email address, some of those may violate GA guidelines (lee.666.wilson@gmail.com)
LRW
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

You GO Drew! Drew’s not just a good friend, he’s an ally. An ally that can throw a punch! How cool. So much more happening but the shift to school is leading somewhere new for the guys, I’m sure.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I get Matt's dad being upset but at least he should hear what Elias had to say Bruce Jr' seems to have the same problem speaking of I wonder if the person who he said the wrong thing to at work was Candace since he hadn't met her yet.

I glad that they have Drew as an ally but the title of the next chapter sound ominous "A Bully's Revenge?" My guess is it either Reggie,Matt or Drew and it will be done in a cowardly way where nobody saw the bully do it. I hope nobody gets hurt too bad.

Mr Kennedy and Miss Williams was described as being younger which implied Mrs. Rollins isn't.I guess that's why she's the history teacher all she needs is a good memory

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

I get Matt's dad being upset but at least he should hear what Elias had to say Bruce Jr' seems to have the same problem speaking of I wonder if the person who he said the wrong thing to at work was Candace since he hadn't met her yet.

I glad that they have Drew as an ally but the title of the next chapter sound ominous "A Bully's Revenge?" My guess is it either Reggie,Matt or Drew and it will be done in a cowardly way where nobody saw the bully do it. I hope nobody gets hurt too bad.

Mr Kennedy and Miss Williams was described as being younger which implied Mrs. Rollins isn't.I guess that's why she's the history teacher all she needs is a good memory

Candace would have been an interesting turn of events. I definitely envisioned an older woman. A 16-year-old girl would probably walk off in a huff but not seek out the manager.

Very ominous indeed. I wonder what this crazy author has in mind. I like your thinking @weinerdog but sorry to say, you’re probably not right this time. Probably.

  • Fingers Crossed 4
Link to comment

Glad to see the families have worked out their issues, school however is a mixed bag, thank goodness for Drew, Marty needs to learn the better issue of discretion...what goes around...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Glad to see the families have worked out their issues, school however is a mixed bag, thank goodness for Drew, Marty needs to learn the better issue of discretion...what goes around...

Bullies and gay bashers don’t fare very well in my stories. I haven’t started the next chapter yet, so no spoilers, but based on past history….

Edited by Lee Wilson
  • Like 3
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Bft said:

Well Mary Martin is certainly a bully 😞🤬

Shades of Bachman Turner Overdrive, b-b-b-baby, you ain’t seen nuttin yet.

Edited by Lee Wilson
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..