Jump to content
    Lee Wilson
  • Author
  • 4,596 Words
  • 1,034 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Reggie: Matt's New Friend - 7. Marty Visits Jail and Matt's Recovery

"OK, get the blanket off of him so we can take the x-rays."

"Um, Dr. James, you better see this."

"Uh oh. Discharge from the anus. If that's what it looks like, we'll need a rape kit. Damn, I should have uncovered him completely when I looked him over."

"I'll go get one."

"I hope that animal is in the database. How someone can do that to a kid is beyond me."

"I'll phone the police."

Matt gets x-rayed from head to toe. Fortunately, like Earnest thought without a thorough examination, it looks, physically, worse than it is.

They bring Matt back to the ER room after the x-rays. He's still sedated. The ER doctor, Dr. James, has to break the news to his mother.

"Mrs. Harrison. I have something, um, delicate I need to tell you. You may want me to do it in private." (Looking at the EMT.)

"No, Earnest helped him after his friend found him. He can hear."

"I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but appears your son was raped, sodomized. We took samples for a rape kit, but I can't think of anything else that may have caused that kind of anal discharge. There appears to be some bruising, but we'll want to scope him to be sure there's no internal damage."

"Oh, dear God."

"The x-rays were all negative. It's likely he'll have at least a minor concussion, so after we do the internal exam, we'll want to wake him. I'm sure by then the police will be here to get that ball rolling as well. We'll take good care of him. Let me order the internal exam."

Bruce walks into the room at this time.

"Internal exam? What's that about?"

"Mr. Harrison?"

"Yes."

"Your son was sodomized; we'll need to check there's no internal damage."

"Mother fucker. He couldn't press charges against Matt, so he had this done?"

"Martin?"

"Has to be Carol."

"Yes. I thought that's what he said. Matt said, 'it was Marty' just before they sedated him."

"I need to call the police."

"They're already on their way Mr. Harrison. Standard procedure with an apparent rape where the victim is incoherent, as your son was when he arrived."

Matt gets taken away again for the exam. Bruce and Carol sit, holding hands and just wait. After a few minutes, their old friend detective Farlie arrives.

"Mr. and Mrs. Harrison. I heard the call come in about a boy being raped and another detective got the call. When detective Addison repeated Matt's name, I requested the case. Addison was kind of happy to not have to deal with it. He has a son almost Matt's age. Where is he?"

"They took him for an internal exam."

"OK. I need to find the doctor and get the samples I'm assuming they already ran the rape kit?"

"I think so."

"Thanks Carol. I'll be right back."

Farlie steps out and an orderly brings Matt back. They each stand on one side of the bed, holding one of Matt's hands. Apparently, the sedative was fairly light, and Matt begins waking up.

"Mom. Dad. I'm sorry."

"Oh, Matt, dear. You have nothing to be sorry about."

"If I knew Marty was there, I may have been able to stop him."

"Shhh. Don't worry about that now. You're going to be OK."

"I hurt all over. Can you find a nurse mom, see if I can get an aspirin or something?"

"Sure honey, I'll be right back."

Detective Farlie returns, holding a plastic bag. When he sees Matt is awake, he quickly shoves it into his jacket pocket.

"Hello Matt. I'm sorry to have to see you again."

"Hi detective. Yeah. Marty got me good this time."

"Can you tell me what happened?"

"I was walking home from school. I stayed late to work on a science project. I got put in a bear hug from behind. I knew it was Marty before I turned around enough to see him."

"You did see him clearly?"

"Yes. He carried me into the woods, I think he made sure to bang me up against every tree he passed. We got to a little clearing and he slammed me into another tree, headfirst. Everything is fuzzy after that. I think I remember my friend Drew being there, but that may have been a dream."

Farlie looks at Carol.

"The EMT that came in with him said Drew knocked on his door. He went looking for you when you didn't get home yet."

"Anything else you remember Marty doing?"

"I remember my face getting shoved into the dirt and leaves, but I think I blacked out at that point."

"OK. Thanks. Bruce, Carol, can I talk to you both outside for a minute?"

"Sure."

"If you can avoid it, don't tell him about the rape. I hoped he'd remember it by himself, but the case should be clean cut once we get a court order to get a sample of Marty's DNA. If Matt could tell us it happened, it couldn't hurt. I expect the doctor will have to say something when they check his buttocks later. But maybe that will trigger a memory. He may have only blacked it out mentally and was conscious throughout the attack."

"OK detective. Yeah, we can't prevent the doctor from telling him I guess."

"I'll find him on the way out and explain the situation to him. He was here in the ER for the last rape we had, so hopefully he'll understand. I'll be in touch."

"Thanks." "Thank you, detective."

As they're walking back in, a nurse comes by with a pill in a little cup and a cup of water.

"Here's an extra strength Tylenol, Matt. Dr. James doesn't want to give you anything strong until he can confirm or deny a concussion. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the worst pain you've ever felt, how bad is the pain?"

"I guess, maybe an eight."

"OK, well, this should help at least a little bit."

 

Let's leave Matt for just a bit. Drew has been home a while, arguing with himself as to whether to call Reggie or not. Is it his place to do that, or should Matt when he's able? What if Matt is knocked out for a while? Reggie will be wondering what happened. Screw it, I'm calling.

"Hello?"

"Hi Reggie. It's Drew."

"Hi Drew. What's up?"

"I have something to tell you that you're not going to like. But I decided it was better you know sooner or later."

"Um, OK. Sounds ominous."

"Yeah. Matt was beat up after school today. They took him to the hospital."

"I can guess, but did he say who it was?"

"Not to me, he was pretty much out of it. I asked him what hurt, he said everything, but didn't say anything else. But he was naked when I found him, clothes scattered all over the little clearing in the woods where I found him."

"Marty said he was going to literally fuck us up. I wonder if..."

"I don't know. He was on his back, so if anything happened back there, I didn't see. I put my t-shirt over him pretty much right away."

"Thanks for looking for him and taking care of him. I'm so pissed off right now."

"No problem. I was waiting for him to get home to ask about algebra. His mom said he stayed after to work on science. I got to thinking, he stayed late, Marty still has detention... So, I went looking for him. I never thought I'd say this but thank God for algebra homework. I'm sure the police were called. Don't do anything stupid. If Marty did, you know, they'll get his DNA and put him away. Anything you might do only hurts you."

"I guess. I hope they pick him up tonight. If I see him in school tomorrow, I may not be able to hold back."

"If he's there, force yourself to leave him alone. Let the cops do their job."

"I guess. Thanks for calling me. See you in school tomorrow."

"You're welcome. OK, see ya."

Reggie destroys a pillow to get some of his anger out of his system. It doesn't help much.

 

A little later at the Martin's house.

Ding dong.

"Yes? Oh, hello detective. Why are you here with a nurse?"

"Mrs. Martin, I have a court order here to obtain a blood sample from your son, Martin."

"Why would you need that?"

"He's been implicated in the beating and sodomy of another boy."

"You'll need to wait until my husband gets home. I can't allow that."

"I'm sorry Mrs. Martin. You have no choice. If you do anything to prevent the execution of this court order, I'll have to arrest you for obstruction of justice, and we'll take Marty to child services, where we'll get the blood sample anyway. Your choice. The easy way, or the hard way."

"Oh, damn. Can't you wait a little while? George should be home soon."

"If you'll allow us to come in and I can have eyes on Marty until then, yes, I'll give you a little while. Again, you really have no choice. George can't stop it either."

"Fine. Come in, I'll get him so you can get it over with and leave."

"Thank you."

She takes them to the living room.

"Wait here."

She comes back in a couple minutes with Marty.

"What do you need my blood for detective Dracula?"

"I have a feeling you know Marty. Why are your knuckles all bruised?"

"I got mad about having detention and punched my locker."

"Fine. Take a seat and Nurse Maddox will take the blood."

"What if I don't let her?"

"Then I'll think of a couple other charges to lay on you beyond assault and battery, and rape."

That word scared the shit out of Marty. It just dawned on him how huge a mistake he made. He took off out of the living room, through the kitchen, and out the back door.

"That was not a good idea for your son to do Mrs. Martin. You call me as soon as he gets home, any time, or I will come back with a warrant for your arrest as well. I'll be waiting to hear from you. Let's go nurse. I'm sorry we wasted your time."

"I'll live."

Friday September 15

"Hello, I'm detective Farlie of the Portland PD. I need to speak to the principal."

"Um, principal Stevenson isn't in yet. Will Vice Principal Mangione be sufficient?"

"Yes, that will suffice."

"Hello detective. What can I do for you?"

"Would you mind if we spoke in your office?"

"Not at all, come on in... Now, what is this about?"

"There's a warrant out for the arrest of one of your students. I need to have you get the word out to his teachers that if he shows up, I need to be called immediately. Here's my card."

"Wow. OK, which student?"

"Martin Martin."

"I knew that boy was going to be trouble. Can I ask what he is supposed to have done?"

"Asking will not get you an answer sir, I'm sorry."

"Understood. I'll get the word out personally. Does he know he's in trouble? What are the chances he'll just skip school?"

"He knows and I'd say the chances are excellent you won't see him, but I have to cover all bases."

"Of course. We'll let you know if he shows up."

"Thank you, Mr. Mangione."

Mangione starts with Marty's first period teacher, since if he does show up, that's where he'd be first. Although he can't believe the kid would be so stupid to do that. As he walks into Miss Peterson's classroom, he sees a scuffle going on.

"Boys, boys. Stop it."

"He beat up my friend, he's going to pay for it."

"Yes, he is Drew, but you don't need to do anything. Miss Peterson, please call this man's cell phone and have him return to the school immediately. Tell him Marty is here. Can you hold him Drew without inflciting any damage?"

"I can, but do I have to?"

"Yes. Let's let the police handle this."

"OK."

Drew is on Marty's back on the floor, holding his arm in a very uncomfortable position. Marty starts bucking, trying to get Drew off.

"You two boys, would you mind helping Drew hold him down? Each of you sit on one of his legs?"

"Yes." "Gladly Mr. Mangione."

It's only a couple minutes before one of the administrative assistants is escorting detective Farlie into the room.

"Thank you for reacting so quickly, Mr. Mangione. If you boys can just make enough room for me to get the cuffs on him, I'll handle it from here."

Without letting go, Drew leans to one side. Once Mr. Mangione has the cuff on one hand, Drew gets Marty's other hand behind his back in a flash.

"Very impressive young man. That's a neat trick. I may have to have you train my officers. I bet you're the boy who taught Matt some Tae Kwon Do?"

"Yes sir. Drew Pierce."

"Thank you for your help, Drew. I'll take it from here. Again, thank you all."

Farlie pretty much has to drag Marty out of the room, literally kicking and screaming. Farlie's a big man, so he has no problem getting Marty into the back seat of his car.

"Hello?"

"Hello Mrs. Martin. We have Marty at the station, you'll need to come down so we can question him."

"Can I ask where you found him? He didn't come home last night."

"We took him from his school."

"Then he's as dumb as his father. I'll be right there after a phone call to our lawyer."

Tratter is less than happy hearing from Mrs. Martin that Marty is in custody for assault and sodomy. Every time he hears from that family, he kicks himself for ever taking them on as a client. Well, he's not a criminal defense attorney, he'll be able to pawn this one off on someone else. Amazingly, the kid is dumber than his father. Trying to sue someone when it's obvious his son started things is stupid. Beating and sodomizing the same boy, well, that's just idiotic.

 

Back at the hospital, Reggie had called his mother to see if she could check on Matt.

"Hello Matt. I'm sorry to see you here."

"Hi Mrs. Lincoln. Yeah, I'm sorry I have to be here."

"Your friend Drew called Reggie and he called me to see if I could look in on you. How are you feeling?"

"Like I was beat like a rented mule."

"That's funny. But I guess it really is serious. Are you in a lot of pain?"

"They gave me a Tylenol before, it helped some. Things still hurt all over, but it's bearable. The line is one of the Penguins' announcers, Mike Lange."

"It's good to see you're in good spirits though."

"Yeah, the cops are on Marty's tail, so he'll pay for beating me up. I just hope I don't have to worry about him for a little while."

Calista had been taking a look at Matt's chart while they were talking but knows better than to spill the beans.

"I'm sure you won't need to worry about him for a long time. I'll tell Reggie that you're on the mend."

"Thanks for stopping by Mrs. Lincoln."

"You're welcome. Are your parents here, do you need me to call them?"

"They're here. I sent them to the cafeteria for a coffee or something. They were smothering me. Hehe."

"OK. You get well soon. If you're here long, I'll stop in again."

"Thanks."

As Calista is leaving, Matt hears someone else say hello to her. He thinks it can't be who it sounds like.

"Hey Bro. Needed a vacation from school so you threw yourself down the steps or something?"

"Or something. Hi Bruce. Why are you here?"

"I can't come visit my little brother in the hospital?"

"No, I mean, how did you find out?"

Oh, it's all over town. You killed some guy but got beat up a little in the process."

"I almost wish that was true."

"No. Dad called me, left a message on my cell. I came straight over after work. Sorry if I smell."

"You've smelled as long as I've known you. I'm used to the stench."

"Yeah, yeah. Take all the shots now when you have a chance. Payback's a bitch."

Matt all of a sudden, looks like he swallowed the biggest fly ever.

"What's the matter. What'd I say?"

"I remembered something. Marty said something like that, 'it's payback time' or something. Oh, God."

Matt starts crying uncontrollably. Bruce isn't sure what to do but he tries to hold Matt gently.

"Hey, hey. It'll be OK. Shhh. Tell me what you remembered."

"I-I c-can't."

"Sure, you can. You can tell me anything. I won't get mad or anything."

"N-no, it's t-too embarrassing."

"You can trust me; I won't say anything."

"I remembered part of the beating. Marty r-r-raped me."

"I'll kill the little bastard if I ever get my hands on him."

"No, you won't. The police were already here. I bet that's why Mrs. Lincoln said I won't have to worry about him for a long time. Hand me my chart out of that holder there."

"Um, I don't know if you're supposed to."

"I don't care. It's my chart. Please?"

Bruce hands the chart to Matt, it's a lot of doctor mumbo jumbo, but there's enough to determine he remembered correctly. He hands it back and Bruce puts it away.

"It'll be OK, bro. We'll help you through it."

"No, it won't. Reggie won't want me anymore, I'm spoiled."

"No, you're not. You said you did it with him already, right?"

"I did?"

"Yeah, when you first told me you were gay. I said I needed to get you laid. You said you weren't a virgin."

"I, oh, yeah, I remember that."

"So, he was still your first. That's more important. He won't care. Believe me."

"You sure?"

"Yes. Bet on it. If I'm wrong, you can do it to me."

"Do what to you?"

"Oh, hi mom and dad. He can give me noogies if Marty doesn't get sent away. Matt wasn't sure he would be."

Matt gives Bruce a smile for covering for him.

"Mom, dad, we need to call detective Farlie back. I remembered something else."

Bruce grabs Matt's hand to show him support.

"What was it you remembered?"

Matt hesitates.

"You can do it bro. Be strong."

"I, um, I remembered he raped me. I'm sorry."

"Matty, you have nothing to be sorry about. You had no control over that. You were beaten and practically knocked out. Marty's the sorry one. But he'll be put away for a long time."

"I guess, dad."

"We're all here for you bro. Like I said, we'll get you through this. And he will go away, I'm sure of it."

Bruce thinks 'and if not, I'll figure out a way to send him away forever.'

 

Let's see what's happening at the police station, shall we?

Marty's in an interview room, handcuffed to the table when his mother shows up.

"Marty, you didn't really do what they said you did?"

"Mom, these rooms are probably bugged. Don't ask me that. But since you did, and they're probably listening, no, I didn't."

"I called your dad's lawyer. He should be here soon."

"Tratter? He's like a lawsuit kind of lawyer. He won't help much except tell me what I already know. Don't say anything. So, if you want to talk, make it about the weather or something. Otherwise, I'm going to sit here and shut up."

Marty's dad shows up.

"What the hell have you done?"

"Hi dad. Nice to see you too."

"Don't get smart with me. Answer the question."

"As long as I'm in here and the cops are probably listening. Nothing. Haven't you ever seen even one cop show or movie?"

"Shit. OK, I need to call Tratter."

"I already did, he should be on his way."

Farlie knocks on the door and comes in.

"Your lawyer is here. I guess I won't be getting any information from you."

"You wouldn't even without a lawyer. Lips as tight as a vir... clam's shell."

"Yeah, well, he'll be here in a minute."

"Are we going to be able to talk privately?"

"Yes. See that lens up in the corner? The red light is on if it's active. If someone isn't in here questioning your son, the light is off and nobody's watching or listening."

Farlie knocks on the door and it's opened for him. Tratter walks in at the same time. Marty stares at the camera while they're talking.

"I told them I'm not a criminal lawyer, and I'm just keeping them honest until a PD gets here. Unless you have someone else in mind, George?"

"No. I don't know anyone else."

"It doesn't matter dad. They took blood. When they compare the DNA, it will match the semen they get from Matt."

"You are a fucking idiot."

"He made me mad. I fucking hate him."

"Well, now you can hate him from jail."

"They'll send me to juvie."

"Marty, this isn't some playground fight. You raped him. You'll be lucky if they don't want to try you as an adult."

"But I'm not even 15 yet."

"You should have thought about that before you let your dick do your thinking."

"George!"

"He's a chip off the old block alright. I let my dick do the thinking too, that's why we have him and we're married."

"You son of a bitch! If we weren't in a police station, I'd scratch your fucking eyes out."

"I guess I'll consider myself lucky. You know what? You handle this. I'm going to go get drunk. Maybe fuck a pretty girl for a change."

Ramona slaps him as hard as she can. George bangs on the door.

"Let me outta here."

The door opens and he leaves. Marty is sitting there, shocked.

"You had to marry him because he got you pregnant? Did you ever want me?"

"Oh, Marty, of course, I wanted you. As soon as I knew about you, I loved you and never considered not having you. Getting married seemed like the best thing to do at the time."

"Guess you won't have to stay married just for me now."

Ramona couldn't respond. Marty was right.

Another knock, another body.

"Hello, I'm Mark Almont, from the public defender's office. This must be Marty? And I assume his mother and father."

"Not me. I'm the family lawyer. I was just holding down the fort until you got here. Marty, Mrs. Martin, good luck. Call me if I can do anything more for you."

"Do you handle divorces?"

"Mom!"

"Well. I'll be going now."

Tratter leaves, leaving Ramona, Marty, and Almont remaining in the interview room.

"That was, um, interesting, but on to why we're really here. Marty, how are feeling about the situation?"

"Other than stupid? I fucked up. I guess I have to pay the price."

"So, you're thinking of pleading guilty?"

"What choice do I have? Once the DNA results come back, I'm completely fucked."

"I can try to cut a deal, maybe you plead to lesser charges so the state can save the cost of going to trial."

"Yeah, whatever. I know I'm never going home again, may as well try for the least."

"Oh, I'm sure you'll get bail. You're not a threat to society at large, you can't leave the area by yourself, not easily anyway. You'll be home tonight."

"Yeah, for how long?"

"Until the trial date that gets set. We'll have that long to work out a deal, and as long as you're free, there's no reason for me to hurry. At the arraignment later, you'll plead not guilty, and then I see what I can get from the prosecutor. Could be three or six months before the trial date, could be less. We'll find out at three."

"Yeah. OK."

At the arraignment, Marty pleads not guilty, bail is set at $10,000. Unfortunately for Marty's freedom, the judge's docket isn't too crowded, and the trial is set for Monday, October 16. Just over a month away. His mother posts bail and Marty goes home with an admonishment from his mother.

"Marty, don't make things worse. Leave that Harrison boy alone. His friends too."

"I won't do anything. I promise."

"You promised once before and look what happened."

"I know. This time, I mean it. I'm just stupid, not a complete moron."

"You're not stupid, honey."

"Yeah, whatever."

 

Moving over to Reggie, who is worried about Matt, even though his mother called back after she saw him. When his dad gets home, he begs him to take him to the hospital. Matt's slowly recovering, so at the moment, he's alone, the rest of his family went home to let him rest.

"Knock, knock. Want a visitor?"

"Reggie!!!!"

Matt's excited at first, then remembers his concern.

"Whoa, happy to unhappy in mere seconds? What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry, just thought of something that bothered me before. I'm happy to see you. I'm not sure you'll be happy with me."

"Are you nuts? Of course, I'm happy to see you. I was so worried after Drew called me; I asked mom to look in on you. God, Matt, I love you. Why wouldn't I be happy to see you?"

"I'm spoiled goods."

"What?"

"Marty didn't just beat me, he, r-raped me too. You're not going to want me anymore."

"Where do you come up with this shit? When Drew told me he found you naked, we pretty much assumed that happened. That doesn't spoil you. It doesn't change anything between us. It's not like you went out cruising for guys. You said it yourself. You were raped. It wasn't your choice. Forget that shit about being spoiled and me not wanting you. You getting hurt made me want you more."

"Thanks."

"Let's seal it with kisses."

"OK. My lips are about the only part of me that don't hurt."

Reggie's father sat reading in the waiting room, giving Reggie his privacy with Matt. After about an hour, he headed to Matt's room, who was in a standard room at this time by the way.

"Hello Matt. Starting to feel better?"

"Yes. Thank you for bringing Reggie to see me. That was a big help to how I feel."

"Of course. Happy to do it. I know what you two mean to each other. Besides, Reggie would have driven me crazy asking if I didn't."

"I can believe that."

"But, Reggie, it's time to go. Your mother will be finishing up, we'll stop somewhere on the way home for dinner. I'll leave you alone again to say goodbye. I'll be in the waiting room. Matt, I hope you feel better soon. Take care."

"Thanks, Mr. Lincoln."

Elias leaves, Reggie and Matt share a few more kisses and say goodbye.

Saturday September 16

Matt's improved sufficiently to be released. He's still a little sore all over, but nothing the doctors are concerned with. He never experienced concussion symptoms, so homeward bound it is. Since dad and Bruce are working, his mom comes to pick him up.


Next Up - "Back to School and Marty's Trial Prep"

Copyright © 2023 Lee Wilson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 5
  • Sad 4
  • Angry 9
Feel free to drop me a line if you haven't already. I appreciate the comments, good or bad. 
If you liked this, check out my other stories on nifty. You'll need to search for my email address, some of those may violate GA guidelines (lee.666.wilson@gmail.com)
LRW
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I can't imagine that Marty will be going anywhere, most likely he's got home confinement...If I'm the DA, there isn't a scintilla of a chance he gets' a plea deal...at 14, he's got juvie for 4 more years and possibly transfer to an adult correctional facility after juvie...

Matt will heal with the help of family, friends and boyfriend, he's got a great support system, it won't be easy but it will get better...

One can only hope Marty's parents haven't hidden any assets, cause they are about to be taken to the cleaners...

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Whoa!  This is a very intense story.

And I can imagine where it goes next.  I just feel sorry for Matt, Reggie, and Drew Having to deal with this nonsense. As well as how the word will travel.  I hope that Marty Get confide so you can get to help he needs.

Very good job with this story.

You're doing a very good job dealing with sensitivity of the matter.

 It would be nice to get drew at the hospital to see Matt.  Also, I sense that Bruce Jr will be coming out soon?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..