Jump to content
    Lee Wilson
  • Author
  • 5,107 Words
  • 840 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Reggie: Matt's New Friend - 8. Back to School and Marty's Trial Prep

Saturday September 16

Drew looks out his window every time he hears a car. He's waiting for Mrs. Harrison to get home to ask her for an update on Matt. He's thrilled when he sees Matt get out of the car too. He knows he still has to wait to let Matt have time to settle in, but waiting, like Tom Petty said, is the hardest part. After about 15 minutes of pacing around his room and the rest of the house, he goes next door and rings the bell.

"Hello Drew. I guess you saw Matt come home."

"Hi Mrs. Harrison. Yeah, I looked out my window every time I heard a car. I was only hoping for an update. Can I see him?"

"Yes, but he's still in some pain, and the doctors gave him a dose of some painkiller a little while before we left. I don't remember what it was, although I'm sure it's on the paperwork somewhere. You can go to his room. Only stay for a few minutes, but if he's already asleep, please don't wake him."

"I won't. Thank you, Mrs. H."

Drew heads to Matt's room and peeks around the door. Matt's awake so he steps in. Matt seems to be staring at nothing, so he doesn't notice Drew right away. We'll ride along in Matt's psyche for a bit.

"Hi Matt."

"Aaaiih. Shoot, you surprised me. I was lost in thought."

"Sorry. I saw you come home and couldn't wait to see how you were doing."

"Sore all over, but otherwise, physically I'm OK. Thanks for going to look for me."

"You're welcome. Just physically?"

"Yeah, my head's elsewhere. I have a lot of thinking to do."

"Well, if you want to talk about anything, I'm here. If you don't, but change your mind, I'm next door. I'm sure you'll be happy to know that Marty's been taken in by the police. The moron actually came to school yesterday. As soon as I saw him, I grabbed him and put him on the ground. Mr. Mangione came into my homeroom seconds later. Marty started trying to get me off him, Mr. Mangione asked Charlie Edwards and Jimmy Price to help me hold him down. A cop came in a few minutes later, cuffed him and took him away kicking and screaming. And I'm not being facetious. He really was kicking and screaming, but the cop was real big, so Marty lost that battle."

"Yeah, I'm glad they have him. I don't know if I can talk about what's bothering me the most. It's kind of personal and embarrassing."

"I get it. I bet I know what it is though. When I found you, you were naked, and your clothes were scattered around the little clearing. Marty fu... raped you, didn't he?"

I hesitate, not knowing if I want to admit it.

"Hey, it's OK. I understand if you don't want to talk about it. But we've been friends forever, it doesn't change anything if he did. I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere."

"Thanks. Maybe another time, but yeah, that was it."

"Want to play a video game or something?"

"No. Sorry. No offense, but kind of not in the mood to do anything right now. If you're OK with just sitting with me, I wouldn't mind the company."

"Sure, I could do that for a while."

I sit on my bed so Drew can sit next to me. I wasn't expecting him to, but he sat pretty close.

"Thanks. Sitting close is good, but I'd probably get anxious with any contact."

"No problem. Just speak up if you want to do anything or want me to do anything."

"Thanks. I'm good. Just a warning, though, if I fall asleep, it's not you. They gave me some kind of pain killer before I left."

"Yeah, your mom told me. No worries, if you fall asleep, I'll lay you down and cover you."

"Thanks."

And after a few minutes, that's just what he had to do.

"He fell asleep Mrs. H. I laid him down and covered him. If he needs company or anything, I'll be here in a flash."

"Thanks, Drew. You're a good friend."

Monday September 18

We'll need to start out the day at the Martin's.

"I don't care what you want or don't want. Until we know exactly what's going to happen to you, you're going to school."

"But mom..."

"No buts, unless you want a wooden spoon across your butt. And if I find out you skipped, it won't be me swinging the spoon."

"Then who will it be? We haven't seen dad since Friday. Nice try."

"Fine, then. I'll go to the police and have them pick you up again and keep you in custody, I can get the $1000 back I had to give to the bail bondsman."

"You wouldn't."

"Feel free to test that theory, young man. You think you're going to have it tough? I'll be spending the day defending your sorry ass at work. I'm sure what you did is all over town already. You deserve whatever shit gets piled on you. I don't. Get dressed and get to school. You don't want to miss the bus either with the mood I'm in right now."

Marty sees he has no option other than to comply. He'd run away if he had more than $30 stashed in his room. And even if he did, where the fuck would he go?

A little while later, in Marty's homeroom, he avoids another physical altercation.

"What the fuck are you doing here? Why isn't your ass in jail?"

"I got released on bail. Believe me Drew, I don't want to be here either, but my mother forced me."

"Fine, but just know if you start anything, I won't just be holding you down."

"Yeah, I get it. I'm sure if I did, I'd get suspended anyway. You don't have to worry. Just pretend I'm not here."

"Smartest thing I've ever heard you say."

At this point, Mr. Tandell walks into the classroom.

"Is there a problem here, boys?"

"No, Mr. Tandell. We're just agreeing on some ground rules."

"Fine. Any disruption to the class and I'll send anybody involved to the principal's office, regardless of who's right or wrong. Got it, everybody?"

A bunch of varieties of yes answers are provided. A similar confrontation occurs between Reggie and Marty at lunch. Matt still needs a couple more days to recover at home before he returns to school.

"He's here? What the fuck?"

"Calm down Reggie. I talked to him in homeroom. He's out on bail and won't cause any trouble."

"Maybe HE won't..."

"Reggie, don't do anything stupid."

"I'll try."

Reggie walks to where Marty is sitting and just stares at him until Marty notices he's there.

"Why are you here?"

"I have to be here. My mom will beat me with a wooden spoon if I don't go to school."

"It's taking every ounce of discipline I have not to kick the shit out of you right now."

"Meet me after school. I'd gladly let you beat me, even kill me. I have nothing to look forward to anyway. I'm too chicken to do it to myself."

"Even better. I can watch you suffer through life until they throw your ass in jail. But start any shit, and I may just take you up on that offer."

"Promise?"

"No. Not if that's what you want. The last thing I want to do is give you something you want, especially if it prevents you from suffering the rest of your life. That's what you deserve for what you did to Matt."

"I get it. Anything else?"

"Yes. Fuck you."

Reggie walks back to the table where Drew is.

"So, what'd he say?"

"I threatened to kick the shit out of him, and he said to meet him after school, he'd let me kill him."

"Reggie..."

"Not gonna happen. I want to watch him suffer until they take him away. Even if he gets out at some point, he'll be a registered sex offender, the rest of his life will be shit. No way I'm giving him the pleasure of bypassing that. Even dead."

The rest of the school day passes quietly. We'll jump ahead two days and accompany Matt on his return to school.

Wednesday September 20

Drew and Reggie told me Marty's back in school. I'm not looking forward to seeing him in history or gym. I ask Mr. Kennedy for a pass so I can get to Mrs. Rollins classroom before second period stats. I don't have to explain even a little bit about why. What Marty did is all over school. The beating part, that is. I don't know how widespread the rape news traveled. I'm hoping that didn't make it to school. Drew and Reggie confirmed they didn't say anything to anybody else.

"Hello Matthew. Welcome back."

"Thanks Mrs. Rollins. I guess since the whole school knows what happened, I won't need to explain why I'd like to change seats. I can't sit in front of Marty and still be able to pay attention in class."

"I understand. I'm sorry he beat you. Since one of the seats in the front row is vacant, I will move him there. That will be a few seats away from you. Will that be acceptable?"

"Yes. That would be great Mrs. Rollins. Thank you."

"You're welcome, Matthew. I know I have a reputation as a hard ass, but that's just my teaching style. I do have a human side."

"I can see that. Thanks again."

The bell rings and students start coming in. Marty sees me in my seat and hesitates.

"Mr. Martin. I'm moving your seat to the vacant one in the front row. I can imagine you know why."

"Yes, Mrs. Rollins. That's actually preferable."

"Good. Take your seat so we can get started."

That's one class limiting the contact. Gym is probably going to be another story. Mr. Acton pulls me aside before I get into the locker room.

"Mr. Harrison, a word please?"

"Yes, sir."

"As is the whole school, I'm aware of the friction between you and Mr. Martin. If you don't mind, knowing you're the better student, I've arranged for you to spend the next four weeks, or until Mr. Martin is incarcerated, in the library during your gym period. I'm sure you wouldn't want to interact with him in any way, and any form of isolation won't be possible. I'd send him to the library, but that would allow him some free time to goof off. I suspect you'll make good use of the time, even if it's just reading a book. Here is a pass. If it needs to go past October 13, we'll discuss it further at that time. Is this acceptable?"

"Yes, Mr. Acton. I was really worried about gym class with Marty."

"Good. Off with you then."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

On the bus home, Drew asked me where I was during gym class.

"Mr. Acton is letting me go to the library until Marty's gone."

"Good. The less you have to see that asshole, the better."

"No argument there."

"Want to come over after we get home, play some video games?"

"Sure. Mom's at work so I can come over for a while. I'll come over after I change."

"Cool. See you in a few. Just come on in the back door and to my room."

After I change, I head to Drew's.

"So, how are you doing Matt, really?"

"I'm not sore all over anymore. I'm happier knowing my interactions with Marty will be limited. I still feel like less than a whole person because of what he did. Now that I'm up and around like normal, mom and dad are going to find me a therapist to see."

"They're making you go to a shrink?"

"Not making me. I think it's a good idea. Like I said, I don't feel quite right, and I'm still angry at Marty for what he did."

"I guess I can understand that. Even though you're not completely back to your old self, I'm glad you're improving."

"I don't think I'll ever be completely back to my old self. Those scars are deep."

"Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll get back close enough so it doesn't matter a lot."

"Hopefully. You said something about video games?"

"Yep. Let's do it."

With school and Marty sorted out, therapy in the plan, getting things settled with Reggie is next on Matt's agenda. Reggie invited Matt to sleep over Friday and Saturday night. Matt's parents agreed.

Friday September 22

"Hey Matt. I'm so glad you can sleep over. I see you in school, but that's not enough. I miss being with you."

"I miss being with you too Reggie."

"It's pretty hot out. Want to go for a swim?"

"OK. As long as I can be dressed before your parents get home. After what happened, I'm not sure how comfortable I'll be naked in front of others. Not you, of course, anyone else."

"I hear you. As far as nudity and sex, I'll let you drive what we do and don't do."

"Thanks. I'm not sure what I'd be comfortable doing or not, so we'll just play it by ear. OK?"

"Sure. Just spending the time together is good enough with me, whether we do anything or not. Let's hit the pool."

We take off our clothes in Reggie's room and head down to the pool. A little while later Candy comes home. She comes out on the pool deck to say hi. I rush over to the side near where she is so I can hide my nakedness. I say hi, but Reggie notices my discomfort. He runs to the cabana and gets two towels. He hides me from Candy while I get out of the pool and wrap myself up in it.

"Sorry, Matt. I didn't mean to embarrass you, but I have seen you naked before."

"Yeah, I know, but um..."

"He's a little bit uncomfortable about some of his bruises, that's all."

"OK. I'll leave you two be. I just wanted to say hi and that I'm sorry about you getting beat."

"Thanks."

Candy leaves.

"Thanks for covering for me. I know the whole truth will come out at some point, but not everybody needs to know what really happened."

"I get it. I don't know if mom told dad everything, but obviously she knows."

"Yeah, I remember her looking at my chart when I was in the hospital. But I can deal with that, she's a nurse and sees lots of different things."

"One day, one person at a time, I guess."

"Works for me."

After dinner, Mr. Lincoln asked Reggie and I into his home office. It looked like a fancy office you'd see on TV.

"Matt, I apologize in advance if this makes you uncomfortable, and if there's anything you don't want to answer, I'll understand. But I want to understand the whole situation because of your and Reggie's relationship. OK?"

"Yes, sir."

"You don't need the sir, we're all friends here. OK? I know you and Reggie have been intimate with each other, I'm not asking for details, but because of your closeness, what happened to you affects him, that's my concern."

"OK. Yes, we have."

"I obviously know that Marty beat you pretty badly, and I know Mrs. Lincoln knows more details, having seen you in the hospital, but she must abide by patient privacy rules as much as the doctors. Is a beating all you got from Marty?"

I look at Reggie, nervously. He nods. I somehow find the courage to answer.

"No. He um..."

"Take your time. I'm not going to blame you for whatever happened, I know whatever it was, you were forced."

"After he banged my head against the tree, I think a few times, I was pretty fuzzy but not totally out of it, he, um, stripped my clothes off. And then, um, he raped me."

I struggle to keep my composure, a battle I amazingly won.

"I see. I thought as much. Aside from anger Reggie, how did you feel when hearing that, I'm sure this wasn't the first time you heard the whole story."

"No, Matt confided in me already. He was afraid I'd consider him 'spoiled goods.' I told him it didn't matter what happened because it wasn't his fault. That it didn't change anything between us."

"Thank you. One more question for you both. Do you harbor any thoughts of revenge against Marty?"

"I'll be honest, Mr. Lincoln. Yes. I'd love to pound him into the ground and make him feel at least a little of what I felt. But I know that's wrong. As long as he suffers the shame of being in jail and labeled as a sexual predator for the rest of his life, that's good enough. I could have left him lying on the ground struggling to breathe outside the Wawa, but I didn't. I went in and asked the clerk to call 9-1-1."

"Thank you for being honest. Reggie?"

"Yes."

"Sorry, son, you need to expound on your answer."

I can see Reggie is getting pissed off just thinking about what he'd do.

"First, like Matt, I wouldn't because it's wrong. But I wouldn't stop at beating him. I'd make him feel exactly what Matt did. I'd shove a pipe, a tree branch, whatever was handy, up his ass until he was bleeding. Maybe I'd stop there if the anger was used up, if not, he'd probably end up dead."

Mr. Lincoln was shocked to hear that from Reggie. So was I, as a matter of fact. Knowing he wanted to do that but knew he couldn't, gave me mixed emotions. Love because he wanted to avenge my attack, and fear because he even thought of doing anything like that.

"Wow. That's honesty. I can see you're upset just thinking about that. Are you sure you can control your actions?"

"Yes, dad. Like Matt, I know it'd be wrong, and it's easier to say you'd like to do those things, but when it came right down to it, I couldn't make myself do it."

"That makes me feel better. OK. Thanks for your honesty, both of you. You can go play, or kiss, or whatever it is you want to do."

"Daaaad. Don't talk about us kissing."

"Just trying to lighten the mood after a very serious discussion. Go, have fun."

Mr. Lincoln didn't follow out of his office right away. I guess he had some thinking to do about what Reggie told him. As did I.

"Um, Reggie. Is that what you'd really like to do to Marty?"

"If I knew I wouldn't get caught, in a heartbeat."

"That scares me. It didn't sound like you meant it when you said you wouldn't do it because it's wrong."

"Sorry, Matt. I don't want to scare you, but you're right. The only thing stopping me from doing any of that is the fear of getting caught."

I was quiet for a long time. I even missed a question Reggie asked me.

"What?"

"I asked if you wanted to play video games, or maybe ping-pong. We got a table last week."

I wasn't even sure I wanted to stay any longer at all.

"Not right now. I really need to process what you said. I'm really uncomfortable about it."

"Sorry. We'll go to my room, I'll read, and you can think. OK?"

"Yeah."

After thinking a little while...

"Reggie?"

"Yeah, Matt. Want to do something now?"

"Yeah, but you're not going to like it."

"Um, what is it?"

"I think I want to go home. I'm still struggling with what happened to me, then to hear you basically say you'd kill Marty if you could get away with it. I'm just too confused."

"Matt. I'm sorry. I don't want you to leave. Please, stay. I thought you'd be happy to hear that. I never meant to upset you."

"I know you didn't mean to; but you did. I just can't wrap my head around it right now. Maybe I'll feel different tomorrow and I'll sleep over then."

"Matt, PLEEEEEASE!"

"Sorry, Reggie. I'll call you tomorrow."

I grab my backpack, go out the door, get on my bike and go. Mom and dad are surprised when I walk in the door.

"Matt, honey, is something wrong?"

"Yeah."

"Want to talk about it?"

"No. I need to think about it right now. Maybe in a little while."

"OK, we'll be here."

I head to my bedroom, but I hear them before I get there.

"I wonder what happened?"

"I don't know, Bruce. Maybe I'll call Calista."

I stop at my bedroom door. I'll only hear mom's half of the conversation, but maybe I can figure out what Reggie's mom says.

"Hello, Calista?"

"Yes, Carol?"

"Yes. What happened between the boys?"

"Nothing, why?"

"Matt just came home."

"Hang on a second, let me see if Elias knows anything."

Mom's quiet for a long time, I'm guessing Mrs. Lincoln went to go ask Reggie what was wrong.

"Carol, Elias had a talk with the boys, when he asked if they were harboring thoughts of revenge, Reggie was pretty brutal with his thoughts. He said he'd use either a pipe or branch to do, well, what Marty did to Matt. Maybe even not stop until he was dead. It was obvious to Elias that it upset Matt. We didn't even know he left."

"OK. Thanks for letting me know. At least Bruce and I will have some clue what happened if Matt wants to talk to us."

"You're welcome. Call back if you need anything. Knowing Matt left, I think we need to have a talk with Reggie too. Bye."

"Bye."

I move toward the end of the hall but stay out of sight. I want to hear what mom tells dad.

"So does she know what's up?"

"Yes. Apparently, Elias had a talk with the boys, and it came out that Reggie's thoughts about what he would or could do to Marty were a little too much for Matt to take."

"Did she say what Reggie said?"

"She gave me a summary. Basically, it was what Marty did to Matt, but he'd use a pipe or a tree branch, and might not stop until Marty was dead. That didn't sit too well with Matt."

"I'm shocked to hear that, but I'm glad Matt didn't like it."

I heard enough. Time to head to my room. A little while later, Bruce gets home from wherever he was.

"Hey. I thought you were sleeping over Reggie's this weekend. I thought I'd be able to wank in peace."

"I'll sleep on the couch after mom and dad go to bed."

"Hey, I was kidding. What's wrong?"

"I found out something about Reggie tonight that bothered me."

"Care to share?"

"Mr. Lincoln asked if either one of us harbored any thought of revenge against Marty."

"I'm sure you both did; I know I do."

"Reggie said he would beat him and stick a pipe or branch up Marty's ass until he bled, possibly even until he was dead."

"Anger talking. Do you really believe he would do something like that?"

"I didn't at first, but when I asked him about it, he said he would, in a heartbeat, if he knew he wouldn't get caught. I mean, sure, I'd love to beat the crap out of him, but even that would be wrong. What Reggie said was, I don't even know if awful is harsh enough."

"Well, he doesn't seem like the type to get that violent..."

"The old Bruce would think that. The old Bruce would think that all blacks would."

"The old Bruce is gone. I hoped you'd know that by now. Is this something you'd break up with him about?"

"I don't know. Maybe."

"Don't do anything you'll regret later. Give him a day to think about it. He may realize what he said was out of line. Maybe talk to the therapist about it Mon..."

"You know I'm going to a shrink?"

"Yeah, mom told me. It's no big deal, lots of people do. Maybe even I should."

"Huh? Why do you say that?"

"Well, I'm getting past my hatred of blacks, you changed my mind about hating fa... gays. But all that has been part of me for so long, how would I know it's ever gone? But this isn't about me. Will you wait before you do anything rash?"

"Yeah, I guess so. I know deep down I don't want to break up with him, but shit, that scared me."

"Maybe it was the anger talking. Give him a chance."

"OK. Thanks."

We're quiet for a few minutes and then there's a knock on the door. I don't respond, so Bruce tells whoever it is to come in.

"Matt, I think we need to talk about what happened."

"I just did, dad. With Bruce. I'm not going to do anything I'll regret later, at least not until I think it over some more."

Dad looks at Bruce, who nods.

"OK. You know where we are if you change your mind. I know this is probably a stupid question, but do you want to go to work with me tomorrow?"

"Do I have to?"

"Never. I wasn't expecting you to until you were more completely healed. Just thought I'd ask, maybe you'd want to get out of the house."

"Probably not. I'll be up in the morning if I change my mind."

"OK, goodnight."

Dad leaned to Bruce to say something privately to him, but I heard it anyway. Dad leaves.

"You don't need to 'keep an eye on me,' I don't need a babysitter."

"He's just concerned."

"Tell him to join the club."

With that, I stripped to put on some sleep shorts and a t-shirt, laid down, and fell asleep almost instantly.


Over to the Lincoln's to see how Reggie is faring.

"Reggie, will you join us in the living room please?"

Reggie stops crying, for the most part, and heads out to the living room.

"We heard Matt's upset with you for your feelings toward Marty."

"Yeah, mom. Upset might not be strong enough. I'm afraid I broke something that we can't fix."

"Did you say something more to him about what we talked about in my office?"

"Yeah."

"What?"

"I told him the only reason I wouldn't do what I said I would, was that I was afraid I'd get caught. I would do it in a heartbeat if I knew I wouldn't get caught."

"And are you serious about that?"

"Not now. I was before, but now that I know how much Matt hates me just for thinking about it, I'd never even think about it. But it may not matter if he never wants to see me again."

"Give him time. If he loves you as much as you obviously love him, he'll come back."

"I hope so. Can I go to bed now? I'm really tired after all this."

"Yes, we'll see you tomorrow."

"I'll only be at the bank in the morning, so I'll be here if you'd like to talk some more."

"Yeah, OK. Thanks, dad. Goodnight."

Back in his room.

"You OK, bro?"

"I guess. Just totally wiped out. Goodnight Bruce."

"Nite Reg."

Saturday September 23

Marty and his mom had a meeting with the PD Mark Almont Saturday morning.

"Come in, come in. Coffee, tea, juice?"

"No." "Nothing."

"OK. So, here's where we stand with the prosecution. He's taking a tough stand. He's not willing to accept a plea for lesser charges but will agree to the minimum sentences. Three years for the assault and 10 years for the aggravated criminal sexual penetration. Time served in juvenile hall will count the same. So essentially the assault charge will carry you through until you're 18, then 10 years in a state penitentiary, minimum of 7 with good behavior."

"And if we don't take that deal?"

"If you choose to go to trial, pleading not guilty, you're looking at 30 years, minimum. Aggravated criminal sexual penetration, otherwise known as rape, carries severe penalties. You could plead Nolo Contendere, or no contest, which would probably bring the sentence down some, but 20 years would likely be the minimum."

"So, if I plead guilty, I serve 10-13 years, part of it in juvenile?"

"Right."

"Anything else I'm risking a longer sentence."

"Yes and no. There's no risk, however you plead and go to court, I see no chance of acquittal, 20 years no matter what. They've got you dead to rights. The victim knows it was you, your DNA was found inside the victim's anus. And the whole story gets out, it will probably annoy the hell out of the jury and in all likelihood, you're looking at 40+. As bad as it sounds, pleading guilty and taking the deal is by far your best bet. You roll the dice with these facts, 99 times out of a hundred it's guilty, with about half that with a maximum sentence recommendation."

"Is there any benefit to pleading guilty now?"

"You'd spend at least a month, and potentially around 2 1/2 months longer in juvenile, up until your 18th birthday. Not a big difference, but 2 1/2 months in juvenile will feel like 2 1/2 years in the state pen."

"Mom?"

"You're doing the time. But serving the most time as possible in juvenile sounds like the best way to go."

"No offense, mom, but there's really nothing holding me here, and if I have the chance of getting out before I'm 25, I'm taking it."

"OK. I'll call the prosecutor now, let him know you accept the terms of the plea deal, and you can probably surrender as early as Monday. Double-checking that's what you want me to do?"

"Yes. I'll take the deal and surrender as soon as possible."

"OK. I'll give you a call as soon as I get everything in writing and set up the surrender."

Almont calls Ramona later that day and tells her they're to meet at the county courthouse at 9:30 AM Tuesday to sign everything and he'll surrender at 10. Ramona relents on forcing him to go to school, not seeing the point of Marty going back to school for one more day.


Next up - "Peace in the Valley Once Again"

Copyright © 2023 Lee Wilson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 3
  • Sad 8
Feel free to drop me a line if you haven't already. I appreciate the comments, good or bad. 
If you liked this, check out my other stories on nifty. You'll need to search for my email address, some of those may violate GA guidelines (lee.666.wilson@gmail.com)
LRW
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

In California they would not let Marty go to school under those circumstances.In state prison sex offenders are the lowest of the low. Considering Marty did this as a minor I wonder if the nature of the charge would become known.

I believe most people would take the same stance Reggie did although many won't admit

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I am very surprised/upset that the school did not see fit to expel Marty and set him up with alternative learning till his case was adjudicated...

I can't believe that Marty's father was smart enough to shelter all his assets, bring on the lawsuit....

  • Like 5
Link to comment
15 hours ago, drsawzall said:

I am very surprised/upset that the school did not see fit to expel Marty and set him up with alternative learning till his case was adjudicated...

I can't believe that Marty's father was smart enough to shelter all his assets, bring on the lawsuit....

Since I don't know all the rules about school and jail interactions, I left it as it was. Since he's surrendering "in a few days," I think it's OK.

Not sure I ever said what Marty's father did, but my thinking is he lives on the same side of town as Mat, rather than Reggie, i.e., not a lot of assets to protect. But I'll definitely think about suing.

  • Like 1
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment

Oh Marty you’re an idiot for doing what you did to Matt, you have ruined 2 lives. 😞

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..