Jump to content
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

After We Danced

   (2 reviews)

Best friends, Luke and Matt, have been inseparable since primary school and now, after twelve long years of schooling, the end of those school years are finally within sight. All that is left to do is make it through the night of the school formal, before starting their final exams.

So what will the night bring for the boys and their group of friends? What secrets are about to be exposed? How will they, their families and their friends all react to the events that are about to unfold? And what will they discover about themselves . . . about each other . . . and about life? 

This story contains adult, sexual content and some violence.  Reader discretion advised.
Copyright © 2024 Mark Ponyboy Peters; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (11 members)

  • Action Packed 6
  • Addictive/Pacing 10
  • Characters 10
  • Chills 3
  • Cliffhanger 5
  • Compelling 9
  • Feel-Good 10
  • Humor 8
  • Smoldering 7
  • Tearjerker 7
  • Unique 5
  • World Building 5

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 11,085 Words
    • 1,863 Views
    • 10 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 10,860 Words
    • 1,379 Views
    • 11 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 9,131 Words
    • 1,141 Views
    • 14 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 6,631 Words
    • 908 Views
    • 20 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 7,607 Words
    • 719 Views
    • 11 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 8,822 Words
    • 764 Views
    • 7 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 9,915 Words
    • 770 Views
    • 8 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 6,205 Words
    • 766 Views
    • 14 Comments
  • 9. Chapter 9
    • 7,891 Words
    • 657 Views
    • 10 Comments
  • 10. Chapter 10
    • 7,400 Words
    • 518 Views
    • 6 Comments
  • 11. Chapter 11
    • 7,726 Words
    • 583 Views
    • 11 Comments
  • 12. Chapter 12
    • 4,226 Words
    • 655 Views
    • 15 Comments
  • 13. Chapter 13
    • 7,408 Words
    • 561 Views
    • 8 Comments
  • 14. Chapter 14
    • 8,576 Words
    • 660 Views
    • 19 Comments
  • 15. Chapter 15
    • 6,902 Words
    • 539 Views
    • 9 Comments
  • 16. Chapter 16
    • 7,676 Words
    • 907 Views
    • 40 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Geron Kees

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This is a story of two guys who fall in love, and how that love affects and drives their lives, and the lives of those in the small town around them. It's a beautiful story, but not one unmarred by the hurtful swipes that reality likes to take at all of our lives. The ups and downs can be painful and joyous in turn, but there is a sweet streak of hope that underlies all of it, propels it, keeps it going to its very satisfying conclusion.

This a story inhabited by wonderful people, a few nasty ones, a few sad ones, and a few that come and go quickly, but not without leaving their marks on the lives of the characters. This story is full of beautifully written observations of life and the world, the beauty of that world, and the joy of sharing it with someone most loved.

This is a story not to be missed. So, don't!

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to review
Summerabbacat

· Edited by Summerabbacat

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Like the seaside in Eastern Australia where much of this story takes place, the story itself is like fresh salt spray air, or the relaxing sound of the waves reaching their destination onshore, or floating on a warm summer breeze accompanied by the aroma of Tropical Blend Coconut Oil (SPF 4 only please). It is not all sunshine, sex, surf and the sweet things in life though, the protagonists are faced with some challenging and distressing events, events which ultimately enrich their lives. 

A story with a relatively small cast, mostly likeable, with one notable exception, a hate-filled aunt of one of the protagonists. The characters are well written by the author, @Mark Ponyboy Peters, with a refreshing authenticity that is sure to bring to mind family, friends or acquaintances each reader has known at some time during their life who bear a resemblance to any one or more of the characters, even the hate-filled aunt. 

Devour the story with a voracious appetite or read it at a languid pace like that balmy summer night. Whatever the pace at which you read it, you won't be disappointed. A delightfully entertaining, enriching and energising read from start to finish. A true 5 star experience with just the right amount of "sexy" at times too (sexy which is soooooooo seductively written). 

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..