Jump to content

Changes, Again 2. Changes

   (11 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

Life had been quiet for Don and Louis. Each was looking forward to Louis' birthday celebration. They got a surprise they weren't expecting.

You may find it helpful to read the first book:
Not completely necessary to do so.
Copyright © 2019 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (12 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 9
  • Characters 11
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 11
  • Unique 6
  • World Building 3

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

MichaelS36

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

Wonderful.  

 

This story, this series, is truly a masterpiece.  These men fell in love, they face huge challenges both as a couple and individuals. Changes in their lives are never ending. Read and see how they handle all of it. Together.  A wonderful story of love and trust in each other.  Do not miss this story. 

Response from the author:

Thank you, Sir.  I appreciate you leaving this review. It was a labour of love, this series. I loved writing it and them. Thanks again, Sir.

  • Love 9
Link to review
JeffreyL

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

I was all set to write a glowing review, but after reading the other reviews there is nothing to add. I highly recommend both of the stories about Don and Louis. I guarantee a great reading experience!

Response from the author:

Thank you, Jeffrey. I appreciate all of your support over these two stories. It means a lot to me. Thanks again.

  • Like 1
  • Love 7
  • Haha 1
Link to review
mollyhousemouse

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

Changes, Again brings us back into the lives of Don and Louis.  And, and as life is seldom static, there are changes afoot. Changes that will forever alter their future.  tim takes us along on their journey; through a period of hard decisions, difficult life events, and growing love with these two men.  

 

There are moments here where you will belly laugh, giggle, and then want to burst into tears.  tim’s characters are just so real, that you’ll know you know them. You’ll see yourself, your partner, that crazy guy that lives down the block.

 

If you’ve not read Changes, you should go read it now.  Changes, Again is the finale for this series, and we’ll miss these guys.  But, we’re left knowing that whatever happens after we leave them, they’ll be just fine.  

 

Now, grab some tissue, and settle in for a great read!

Response from the author:

Thank you, molly.  These two stories were a joy to write. I am pleased Don and Louis feel real. Thanks for all of your hard work, you made this story so much better. Thank you.

  • Like 1
  • Love 8
Link to review
Former Member

· Edited by droughtquake

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

Changes, Again is a wonderful conclusion to the story of Louis & Don begun in Changes (you’ll want to read Changes first, if you haven’t already). Louis & Don have adjusted to their lives together and are suddenly presented with a new challenge. After some discussion and lots of consideration, they make a decision that they are both comfortable with.
;–)

In this new story, we learn more about the two men and their families. The love they share is apparent as you read each chapter. We meet new characters including Louis’ mother and aunt.
;–)

As usual with stories written by my many Canadian friends, I learned lots of new things about the country that shares my state’s abbreviation (CA). But they almost always seem to be food-related!
;–)

While I will miss Louis & Don, I look forward to @Mikiesboy’s next story!
;–)

And, ta-dah, no spoilers!
;–)

Response from the author:

Thank you, Droughtquake. You have followed both Changes and Changes, Again. I appreciate all of your comments and input. I appreciate this kind review.  Thank you for your support.

Link to review
AC Benus

· Edited by AC Benus

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

A definite must-read! The skill of the author shows in how he takes us on a realistic journey into these peoples' lives. Be prepared to meet and fall in love with not only a kid needing a safe place to live, but also with Louis' mom and aunt (and her gf) back on "The Rock." There is so much life, vitality, and above all, love shown in this work, you will not fail to be captivated. Keep some tissues handy though, because like real life, sometimes things get complicated. 

Read this! 

Response from the author:

AC, I never thought I'd be able to write anything like Changes and Changes, Again. You took this poet/author under your wing when I first arrived on GA. You taught me so much, and still do ... thank you.

  • Love 7
Link to review
Brayon

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

In his style of writing, be it poetry or prose, @Mikiesboy has a way to tug at your heartstrings more so than other Authors. This story is full of emotion from beginning to end, you'll laugh, you'll cry, and you'll get mad. The humanization of the lead character, and through his eyes the others, makes them all relatable, and makes you invested in their life.

 

The series as a whole is a must read.

Response from the author:

Thank you very much, A. I appreciate your review of this piece. It has a special place in my heart. I am humbled by the outpouring of love for it and for Louis and Don. Thanks for all of your work reading, it made this story better.

  • Like 1
  • Love 8
Link to review
chris191070

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

This is a fantastic conclusion to the story of Don and Louis ( It began in Changes, I suggest you read this first).

 

We follow Don and Louis as they go about there lives. We see them make a momentous decision that will bring major Changes to there family. We meet Max who is also undergoing major Changes in his life.

 

We follow the adventures of Don, Louis and Max as they go through there various adventures and Changes that culminate in them becoming a family.

 

A fantastic story that I highly recommend as a great read.

Response from the author:

Thank you very much chris. I appreciate your review of this story and of all your support of both stories. Thanks again.

  • Like 1
  • Love 9
Link to review
Wayne Gray

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

You'll love this addition to the lives of Don and Louis. They deal with everything that comes at them. They're imperfect, human, but they have a lot to offer one another and anyone else who enters their sphere.

Read this one. It's lovely, and shows people who struggle but still manage to do the right thing.

Response from the author:

Thank you, Wayne. I'm glad it felt real. That's all i really want.

  • Love 7
Link to review
Reader1810

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

The conclusion to Changes. Another amazing tale by @Mikiesboy. Read it. You won’t be disappointed. :thumbup: 

Response from the author:

Thank you, Reader. I'm glad you enjoyed this story.

I enjoy your comments in the story and in the forums. Thanks again. xo

  • Love 5
Link to review
Sherye Story Reader

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I love stories like this! It makes me happy! Very well written and thought out! I love the way your mind works on your story line. Keep writing!

Response from the author:

Thanks very much. I'm so glad you enjoyed this story. I appreciate your comments and taking the time to add your thoughts about it here.

  • Like 3
Link to review
Carlos Hazday

   7 of 10 members found this review helpful 7 / 10 members

As an author, it's often hard to read others' work and not do comparisons. How would I have framed the scene? How would I have the character say that? Unfortunately, it often detracts from enjoying what I read.

I did exactly that with Mikiesboy's Changes, Again. Our differing styles meant certain sections I found jarring. Louis and Don's story would have been different if I had written it. But different does not mean bad. There's a certain honesty in this tale and others by the author I find captivating. Something I try to convey in my writing.

A gay couple that has faced challenges before embark on a new adventure when they decide to help a young man in a wheelchair. This moving story does not need fireworks to shine brightly; it's simplicty's charming enough. Changes, Again is proof we don't need angsty, tortured romance to lure readers in and have them enjoy a story.

I suggest you read both the original and the sequel. STRONGLY suggest.

Response from the author:

I certainly hope our styles are different. This site wouldn't last long if we all sounded the same. Each of us has a unique voice. Thanks for your comments, Carlos.

  • Like 4
  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..