Jump to content

Searching for God

   (9 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

We are promised that He will be found when we search for God. “If you seek him, he will be found by you” (1 Chronicles 28:9)  And we’re told there will be a great reward. What will Steven's search bring him?

Trigger Warning:  Some child abuse and mention of spousal abuse.
Copyright © 2023 Secret Author; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (6 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 2
  • Characters 6
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 6
  • Feel-Good 3
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 5
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 4,649 Words
    • 1,134 Views
    • 43 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

drsawzall

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

A poignant story of survival and redemption, Seeing grace and favor where most would least expect. Leaving one much ponder with plenty of food for thought!

Response from the author:

Thank you very much. i am so glad you enjoyed this story.

  • Like 1
  • Love 8
Link to review
astone2292

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

A truly thought-provoking story. Heed the warning for abuse topics, but I suggest reading. This was a story you won't put down. 

Response from the author:

:) Thank you very much. You're very kind to read and review this.

  • Like 1
  • Love 8
Link to review
Mancunian

· Edited by Mancunian

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

A great feel-good story with a sad start but a happy ending, it's the stuff that dreams are made of. To appreciate it you have to read it and accept that we are all individuals and have our differences and values. Steven is not the media portrayal of how they see the typical gay man, he is as ordinary as anyone and seeks what he values as being right. A pleasant and refreshing read to be recommended.

Response from the author:

i'm so glad that Steven worked in this story. i wanted him to be just to the left of normal. Thanks for reading and for this kind review.

  • Like 2
  • Love 7
Link to review
raven1

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Chris wrote a great review and covered the warnings very well.  I would like to add that this story is very touching and lovely. A very interesting take on the variety of love, sexual preference and choices in the ways people believe in god. I was very impress by the voice Steven hears that gives him guidance. To me, the voice is a reassuring guide that tells him he is not only accepted by life, but of great value. This story is an affirmation of love, hope and life.  

Response from the author:

Thank you, raven1. i'm so glad to know this story touched you. i'm grateful you chose to read and leave this very generous review. Thanks again.

  • Like 1
  • Love 8
Link to review
chris191070

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

We have the father/husband who abuses his wife and son.

The recovery with the father/husband being jailed.

The happy ending with Stephen and his Mum finding peace and happiness.

A well written story that you should read with caution, if these things affect you or your family and friends.

Response from the author:

Thank you, chris. Steven survived his childhood and grew. Maybe he's not 'normal' but he has much to offer the right man. Thank you for reading and for your insight.

  • Like 1
  • Love 7
Link to review
kbois

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

I think religious beliefs go back as long as man has stood upright on two legs. We all search for that inner peace whether it be in a church, synagogue, mosque, or the open air of a mountain meadow. 

@Mikiesboy has done a wonderful job of exploring one young man's journey to find his inner peace after surviving abuse. He teaches us that it doesn't matter what god you believe in, but rather your beliefs hold true to who you are. 

Excellent contribution to the Secret Author submissions. 

Response from the author:

Thank you so much.  i appreciate the kind words and review.

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to review
Alexmugs

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

A beautiful story about a young man finding his way through life, love, religion and inner peace. Well-written and well worth reading. 

Response from the author:

Thank you very much for choosing to read this. i appreciate your thoughts.

  • Like 1
  • Love 6
Link to review
Bill W

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This story deals with the all to familiar and frequent topic of domestic abuse, but it did it in a caring and positive manner.  It comes to an unusual, loving, and happy ending, which I know will appeal to those that read this touching tale.  

Response from the author:

i'm grateful, Bill W. Thank you for reading and for this review.

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to review
Gary L

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

From a nightmarish start we follow Steven on the journey to find wholeness and completion.  Exquisitely written by a great GA member, yet another jewel.  Well done and thank you.

(My words written from the perspective of surviving)

Response from the author:

Thank you, Gary.  I appreciate you taking the time to read Steven's story.  I love the beauty we can find in all people if we only take the time to look.

Thanks again for reading and for your kind review. xo

  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..