Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Walking in Circles - 4. Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Caira seemed so sweet. What would she possibly gain from making this happen? I really need to piece this out with Sean. So, she lead him out for a walk, eh? This is Bullshit, How can anyone put us-in-this kind of situation? What? They don’t think we have have lives with a future? How would they even Fucking Know? One more thing, is the administration of the school in on this? They were the ones getting me there.

Ok, time to get up and pee. I open my eyes remembering we had made a shack for protection. We also needed to move away from the bear carcass. It was attracting wolves and God only knows what else. We had used everything we could imagine from Chubaca. I made us each a pair of gloves from smaller pieces of skin, I used strips of skin to sew them together. The gloves are great to work with sharp and prickly things. We used many bones to make sharp and angled tools.

We moved up on a knoll about a mile up river. The bear skin has been a great cushion under our sleeping bags and we’ve been using my sleeping bag under us and his as a top cover. I am not exactly happy about it, but if I am honest, I ain’t all freaked out either. When we were moving this way, Little Dude had fallen off the bike and into the creek. I was dragging some branches and found him unconscious in the water. He seemed like he was getting hypothermia. I remembered that you should use body heat to get them warm. So, I took our clothes off and wrapped us up tight. When Sean woke up he was confused. Fucking with his head, I told him that we’ve been banging for several days now. Yeah yeah, wasn’t my best joke, but when I told him the truth we did chuckle. Least I did. Anyway, we been sleeping like that since, minus the naked part.

“Sean. You awake?”

“I guess, what’s up?”

“Are you a student at that college? I mean I got a letter from the administration inviting me to check them out, they even paid for my flight and shit.” I couldn’t see Sean’s face, but I could tell he was processing what I was saying.

He flipped over so he could look me in the face. “I just graduated high school in June. But, my guidance councilor suggested I at least check this school out. I came up on a greyhound that day. The administration folks said all the rooms were full around the town but they could let me stay at a Frat House for a night. I thought it sounded like a bad idea, but then, well this very good looking guy happened to be in that office from the Frat House. The secretary told him about my situation, he seemed so nice. He said he’d let me stay in his room because there’s 2 beds and nobody is using the other one. You know how people seem so nice it’s hard to say no. He even said that he wouldn’t let anyone bother me or he’d kick their asses. I know he was kidding, but it did make me feel a bit safer.”

I thought about what he was saying, “Did you leave with him or did you do something else?”

“Well, he said he was done doing whatever he had been doing, and lead me across campus pointing out the different buildings along the way. He had a great smile and he seemed genuinely nice. On the way to his room he introduced me to some of the other frat guys and told me they were having a small party that night. He said I could join them if I wanted to.” Sean seemed like maybe he wasn’t telling me something. “Did you do anything else?”

Sean was trying to avoid this question. “What? Do you want to know if I blew him? Yes, yes I did, and I liked it, is that what you wanted to know?”

Ok, WOW, and WHAT THE FUCK? “Well, that wasn’t what I was asking, but thank you for sharing. So, you like sucking dick, noted. What the hell, you might as well tell me if he reciprocated while you’re at it.” Man, am I funny or what?

Sean, closed his eyes and sighed, “No, he didn’t suck me. I am pretty sure he is straight and just wanted to get sucked off.” It was almost like he has had to explain that statement a million times in his life.

“Ok, back to all of this Bullshit we are in right now. What happened after you were done blowing him? Did he bail on you, freak out, beat your face in, what?”

“No actually, we talked for a bit, he said he was going to see if the other guys needed help and said I could tag along if I wanted.” Sean got up and twitched his head to say I should get up and follow him if I wanna keep talking, good thing too cause one more minute and I was gonna piss myself.

“I helped a couple guys bring in a keg and set it up, and I helped out putting cups and munchies out. One guy setting up a music area asked me what kind of music I like, but that’s basically it. I went out and walked around campus for about an hour then headed back. I have been going over it a million times and can’t see anything out of place.” He shook his head and threw his hands up in the air. I had finished draining my bladder and looked around our area.

My veins felt like ice as I looked by the side of our shack. “Sean, get the FUCK over here!”

“Oh my God, WhaT?” As he came around the corner I grabbed him by the shoulder and pointed to the ground. We both stood there staring. “Zach, we need to get the hell out of here!” I could see little dude visibly shaking, and quite frankly so the Fuck was I.

Although, we looked all around us we couldn’t move from that spot, we just kept looking down as if some how the booted foot print would change. But, it was deep in soft mud and it had to be VERY recent. “I think someone was listening to us. I tell you what, I will fucking KILL that MOTHER FUCKER!”

Sean, started tearing up, I don’t want to see him afraid like this. “Ok Sean, I don’t think we have enough gas to do anything on the bike. Let’s take it apart best we can and create a cart we can use to sleep and carry what we need. Ok? Let’s get out of here. We have to find something out there.”

Sean, looked around, “I’ve been making tools out of parts from the other bike, so we should be able to get the tank off and save that gas to start fires. We should be able to use the front wheels of both bikes to make a cart we can pull.”

“Now you’re talking! I’ll gather up branches and stuff, if you start on the bikes.” Sean nodded and we went to work.

By that evening I had created a bow with arrows for both of us. I used brake cables for the strings and a combination of spokes from the back tires with sticks and twine to create the arrows. We both did a few minutes of target practice and they worked great! We have had an assortment of spears and sharp knife like rocks and bones. We have a variety of stakes and lots of different sizes of twine and ropes.

The cart Sean designed is quite impressive, it has two long rails that one of us can stand between to pull it. The wheels are connected by the front forks of the bikes and a series of branches binding them to the cart. The handle bars are mounted to hold tools and weapons while we’re moving. The body between the wheels is a place we can take turns sleeping in. He used branches in a row of arches like a covered wagon with the bear skin woven in to help make it rain resistant. I wrapped it with pricker bushes to keep animals from being tempted to break in. I made enough woven prickles to make a doma type while we’re stopped. We have found enough apples and roots with dried bear meat to last a while. We used the stomach and intestines from the bear to make us water bottles. And, I had made some clay pots that don’t look pretty but are good for holding the food and charcoal. We feel ready to start but it is getting dark fast. So, we are taking shifts watching for those freaks. I am taking first shift, but we took some time in the cover of darkness to set up traps should they try to sneak up on us.

I just checked on Sean and he looks comfy in the cart. I just hope he can get some sleep. I feel nervous like that first couple nights being here. Every sound I am convinced is someone trying to get us. Hell, maybe it is. But, bring it mother fucker, cause I am ready. I am using my old pattern of staying on the edge of the darkness and crouching down often while moving in a circle around our camp. I feel like something is going to happen, but I keep telling myself that I could be paranoid. But, hey, right now I think it’s better to be paranoid and alert than to be relaxed and killed.

It’s been several hours and I don’t think any of the sounds are actually big enough to be a human. So I check the fire and look in on Sean. He looks at me when I peak in,”Hey, has anything happened?” I shook my head. “Did you get any sleep?”

“I got enough, are you ready to try to get some?”

“Yeah, I can try. Just call out if you need me.” He gave me a quick hug. He’s a good dude.

It really is cozy in here and the fire is at a perfect spot to be warm but not scorching. I really think I might be able to get some sleep……

Copyright © 2019 PhillMakracken; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..