Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Walking in Circles - 5. Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Ok, so maybe the cart isn’t as comfortable as I thought. I am going to need to find a way to keep my legs up, cause the blood kept getting cut off. I open my eyes to see the sun is only a dim light just above the trees. I don’t like this either, I am just big enough that it’s hard to shimmy slide my way out. Where’s Sean, I need to stay calm but I am actually starting to have a bit of a panic, like what if they take him, or he goes off to pee or poop and a bear eats him. Damnit!

“Hey big guy.” Little fucker came up from behind!

“Fuckin A, I swear to God I almost killed you!”

“Hahaha, sorry, I didn’t mean to scare ya.” He went over to the fire and put a few sticks in. “I am making pine tea, did you get any sleep?”

I keep rubbing my neck and trying to crack my back, “I definitely slept, but it wasn’t great. I think I need to find a way to make it longer so my legs are up, and I had a bit of trouble getting out of it. I probably could get better at that part, if we can just get my legs up.” I went behind a tree to relieve myself and when I came back Sean handed me the “cup” I drink from. “Thanks buddy, anything happen while I was sleeping?”

“No, but I consider that a good thing.” He got up and set his drink down. I watched him walk around behind me. “Don’t freak out on me, but I grew up in a family that was active and we were the type to help each other with bad backs and stuff. I’m just going to rub your neck and shoulders a bit.”

I’m not sure about that there gay boy, but we’ll see. He started dead center of both shoulders and yep, he got me. Damn, this boy is goooooood. He used his thumbs on each side of my neck from my skull down, he had perfect pressure and sometimes just kept pressure on a spot without even moving. “Oh, dude, how-do-you-fucking-know where I am hurting like that?” I groaned a few times and suddenly he just stopped. “Why are you stopping?”

Sean made himself busy scurrying about cleaning up camp. “Suns’ up enough to get moving, help me pack up.”

At first I was pulling the cart. It rolled well enough till you hit a rock, or a crack, or a branch, or a root, do I need to say more? He would help by grabbing a handle and give an extra pull. We soon realized it was just easier to each have a handle and pull together. I have no idea how far we actually went, but it had to at least be a couple of miles. It was about noon and hot and muggy like usual. So we stopped for a rest, tea and a piece of bear meat. “I think it’s the last time for the bear meat Sean. What do you think?”

“I agree, we should maybe move slower so we don’t make as much noise and keep an eye out for something.” I really do like the way he thinks.

I sat in the shade of a tree next to the cart so I could close my eyes for a minute. I was nowhere near sleep but very comfortable. I heard Sean come over and looked to see him sit beside me. We just sat there for about 15 minutes with our eyes closed. Sean had leaned his shoulder up against mine, and I’m like, it’s nice. “Are you ready enough to get going, Sean?”

“Yeah, let’s do it.” We got up grabbed a handle and started off again. It soon became clear we were going up hill. It’s not too steep but enough to make the cart heavier.

“What is the plan, like it doesn’t take long for all these trees to look the same. I kinda think we need a way to tell if we been by here before.” I could tell Sean was thinking about my question. “Maybe make marks on trees, or a cross with branches?”

Sean stopped and looked around, “Do you hear water?”

I focused my hearing and heard it too, “Which way is it coming from?”

Sean pointed to the right, “Let’s try that way.”

It was like every step we took you could hear it more. We started picking up our pace, as we came around a bend of some rocks we got a clear view of a huge lake. We could barely see the other side. The slope down looked pretty rough so we decided to follow the slope to the left to see if we can get down to it. There were some rocks, I had to grab the back of the cart while Sean lifted from the front to make our way over. But, it didn’t take long we were on a beach in a good sized cove. I smacked Sean on the chest, “Race Ya!”

We sprint through the sand and plunged into the water. It was cool but not cold. I fell back and floated for a couple of minutes. I looked over at Sean floating nearby, this is a good treat! You know, it’s probably a good idea to clean up a little. I can stand here and throw my clothes on the shore after I scrub them a little. Sean saw me undressing and looked a little shocked. Once he figured out what I was doing though he started doing the same. “I really needed this, Little Man.”

“You sure did! I was gonna say something yesterday about the smell!”

“That’s it Little Fucker! You’re going down!” I started charging at him and he shrieked before diving under. I wasn’t far behind though so I went under in time to stop his flight by grabbing his ankle. We surfaced at the same time and I grabbed him from behind pulling him back under water with me. He wiggled out of my grasp and managed to get clear of my ability to continue my assault. We laughed for a couple seconds and started making our way to the beach. I plopped down on my back to lay in the sun’s warmth. Man, that feels great. Sean did the same about two feet left of me. No words needed, this is exactly what we need.

As I started feeling dry I sat up and looked over at Sean, “Nice dick dude!”

He immediately put both hands over it and looked at me in shock. I smiled wide, “I’m just saying God made up for your height by giving you that!”

“I didn’t think you guys ever looked at other guys dicks.”

“WHAT? You’re kidding me right?” Obviously he wasn’t. “Dude we always check out other guys junk. Not in a gay way like you probably do, more like to check out the competition or in an envy way. Look, I know a good looking dick when I see one and occasionally will even say so.”

“Really? You’ve actually said that to another straight guy?”

“How do you not know these things? I mean you’re in the same restroom and locker rooms, aren’t you?”

“Well, Yeah, but I do my thing and get out. I wouldn’t want to get beat up for staring at some guys dick.”

“Ok, see right there, I never said stare, no one should stare at another guys dick. Guys glance and comment to be funny. If you know the guy well enough you can slap it to show you see it. It’s not gay, it’s friendly.” Although, I have to admit, saying it out loud like that didn’t convince even me, and I have done it just like that more than once.

I stood up facing Sean, “Look at mine, how do you think mine looks?” I can’t say I am super confident asking him to look, but I had already admitted to looking at his, I think it’s only fair to let him get a good look at mine. He tried to resist, but it was like he couldn’t help himself. He looked at it full on and didn’t say a single word. He didn’t even need to because his erection said it all. He liked what he was looking at, a lot. Shit, shit, now I can feel mine boning up so I turn around and grab my clothes to get dressed. Sean got dressed too, and we didn’t say another word about it.

“Do you want to setup camp here for tonight?” Please say yes, please say yes.

Sean looked at me and smiled, I probably looked like a kid trying to get permission or something, cause my dad used to give me the same smile. “Yeah, Zach, it’s a good idea. But, I think we need to set some traps.(A) for whoever is out there watching us. (B) for any of the creatures that would normally come down here. Do you think we have enough time to make a place up in one of those trees in case we miss something with the traps?”

“Alright, if someone is watching, I think we should set up obvious traps for animals, but when it gets dark we need to have plans how to set up more for that fucker or ers.”

I really like to see what little Dude man comes up with. I grabbed some big branches for him as I came across them while setting up animal traps. He had a great platform created in no time. I had set up a few dead falls but managed to set one up, big enough for a human, near the main path down to the beach. As I collect rocks I either drop or kick some on that supported rock. I am gathering rocks for the camp for a chimney and wind blocker wall. As night began to creep across the lake I tied a pull rope to a branch holding up a large log on ropes we set nearest our camp. If something is attacking us we pull the branch, the log drop swings knocking into the intruder. Behind the rock wall I dug a huge hole, about three feet wide, five feet long, and three feet deep. It isn’t about falling in as much as landing on the spikes in the bottom. Covered by branches and sand, stepping into the hole triggers a good size log to swing at you in here as well. Good luck getting in here without injury, you sick fuck. Sean and I had to practice turning just inside the door to walk along a path, about 2 feet wide along the wall, before entering the main part of the fort. We’d grab a thin little branch I put on each side to not have foot prints on this part of the ground.

The camp fort consisted of a long wall about 5 feet high and in a slight arc about 12 feet long on the lake side. One the hill side were four large trees that formed a large arc we wove branches through them to form an enclosure. We had found clay as we dug the trap hole we used it to fill the gaps in the woven and rock walls. The cart is parked inside near the entrance on the other side of the trap hole. We kept some strategic gaps as look outs and to fire arrows from if needed. On the rock wall connecting to the tree wall we had made a chimney rising through the platform above. Opposite the fireplace is a single log with branch stubs sticking out each side almost perfect for climbing. We used that to go through a large gap to get on the platform level. The floor has plenty of thin gaps allowing heat to rise up through the floor. The same woven wall formations covered the entire platform with a slanted roof rising into the upper branches of the trees. We tied ropes we could use to either climb up into the trees with or swing out to the hill to escape.

Sean and I, man we work well together and we work fast out of safety concerns. I will not let them take us without a fight! We worked well into the night, taking turns to keep a close eye out for anything to be concerned about. We had crawled around setting 3 inch spikes on obvious paths. Trip wires near spikes and spring traps all around the trees by the beach. Sitting by the fire I watched Sean checking the spy gaps. “Why don’t you try to get an hour or so of sleep. I can be good for that, but I will need to get in a couple of hours soon as well.”

Sean just looked me in the eyes and nodded as he made his way to go up. He looks beat, so I will try to give him as much time as I can. I went out, staying in the shadows of the camp. crouching down to watch and listen. At one point the moon made a tree floating past the cove visible. I almost panicked but it wasn’t threatening as it stayed out far enough to miss the cove.

I threw some sticks in the fire and went up to wake Sean. He was buried in the blankets and snoring loudly. So, I went around the room peaking through the walls, several times. I really didn’t want to wake him, but I could feel myself fading fast. He suddenly stopped snoring and spoke making me freak for a second. “Zach, you ok?”

“Sorry to wake you, but I really need to close my eyes.”

“No, I want you to wake me if you need to sleep. Is everything good so far?”

I nodded to him as I found the warmth of one of the sleeping bags he just got out of. But, I pushed the other towards him, “Take this one, it’s getting cold.”

I saw him disappear through the floor and I drifted......

Copyright © 2019 PhillMakracken; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..