Jump to content
    quokka
  • Author
  • 2,651 Words
  • 2,838 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Another Brother - 4. Bro Ch 4

“Locked, I wonder what is on the other side?” the second teenager said. “Hop onto my shoulders and I will lift you up, then you can stand on my shoulders to look over the top,” the first boy said.

“You do that and you will get a face full of high pressure water, so don’t even try it boys,” I growled in a deep voice, to sound much older than I am, and to disguise that I was probably the same age as them. “Oh shit,” I heard one of the boys say as there was rustling and footsteps leaving the fence, and all was quiet again.

I smiled, at been successful at keeping my privacy, and I headed back to the cottage to relax for the rest of the day, and I didn’t hear any more sounds near the fence for the rest of the weekend. Oscar was now looking so much healthier, now it has been a few months since starting to live with the Castalia family, and when he and George came over on a Saturday morning, I invited them inside, and offered them a drink.

With my back turned, I heard George say something to Oscar, “What is it little bro, why did you just flinch?” George said, and I immediately stopped walking to the fridge and headed back into the lounge area. “What’s wrong bro, are you hurt?” I asked, as I rushed to my little brother.

“It’s nothing really, just some older bullies at school giving me a bit of trouble that is all. They haven’t been at the school for long and they are trying to boss all the younger students around,” Oscar said to me. “What are their names, and I will see to it that they don’t do any more bullying,” I asked sounding very angry.

“Steady on mate, there are other ways of dealing with them, instead of bashing their brains in,” George said to me, and after few moments of thinking I sighed and I looked at my brother. “Ok so show us exactly what they did to you,” I said to Oscar, who blushed a little.

“They kicked me… they forced me down on the ground and kicked me in the… nuts,” Oscar said eventually, and both George and I looked at each other concerned. “Ok little bro, strip, we want to see all the bruises that they caused,” George said to Oscar, who started to complain, and looked at me pleadingly.

“I’m sorry bro, but I agree with George, show us the damage, and you will not need to be embarrassed ever again,” I said to Oscar, who slowly stood up and slowly removed his shirt, and right away, we could see deep purple bruises around his waist.

“Ok, take off your shorts, but leave your undies on, we need to take photos of this, as proof,” I said to my brother, who reluctantly obeyed, as I retrieve my mobile and began to take photos of his whole body, where bruises were visible.

“How is it downstairs? Is it badly swollen there too?” George asked Oscar, who nodded his head, “it hurts when I pee,” Oscar replied, “We won’t take photos but can we take a look please” I asked, and Oscar pulled down his undies, and both George and I sucked in breaths in shock, as one testicle was badly swollen and both were badly bruised.

“Ok get dressed, and I am sorry bro, but I am going to insist that we take you to the hospital, as that is way too badly damaged to be any good for you. When did this happen?” I said to Oscar. “After school at the bike racks as I was preparing to head back to my new home,” Oscar replied.

“Ok, now this is very serious, this is more than just a bunch of bullies just shoving you around and giving you a hard time, I want the names of the boys who did this to you,” I said calmly to Oscar, even thou my temper was almost at its limit.

“Well the two main boys were Mark and Jake Orbison, and their mates joined in too, but I don’t know all of their names, all I know is that they are year 9 & 10 boys, and I am only in year 7,” Oscar replied. “I know that last name from somewhere, but I just can’t seem to remember where from, it will come to me eventually. George, can you go home and let your folks know what has happened, I am going to call a cab, and take Oscar to the Children’s Hospital,” I said to George, who dashed outside, and headed back home.

Ten minutes later, we arrived at the hospital, and when I went to the Triage Nurse window, I was asked how she could help. To save time on explaining, I pulled out my mobile.

“My little brother was assaulted by senior students at his school yesterday afternoon, here is the proof,” I said to the nurse, as I showed her the photos that I had taken, and the nurse gasped in shock, and was soon by our side, and leading us inside the emergency department.

When Mrs Castalia arrived, and explained that she was Oscar’s legal guardian, she was allowed to remain close by, but out of the way, as a doctor examined Oscar’s injuries, while I showed the photos to Mrs Castalia, who also gasped in shock at the sight of the extensive bruising.

“I suggest that we call Mr Masters, as this is now a legal matter, which he needs to get involved in. Did Oscar tell you who did this too him?” Mrs Castalia asked me, “Yes he did, and I have heard the last name before, but I can’t seem to remember… wait, yes I do remember where I have heard that name before,” I responded as I retrieved my phone.

“Mr Masters, I am sorry to disturb you on a Saturday morning yet again, but Oscar was assaulted by students at his school yesterday afternoon, and we are currently at the Children’s hospital with Mrs Castalia. Sir, he told me who did, it and I have just remembered, where I have heard the name before. The two brothers responsible for Oscar’s injuries are Mark and Jake Orbison, and I have photographic evidence of all the damage they have done to his body,” I said to the lawyer.

“Good, send the photos to my phone, as I need a copy of them, to file a report with the police, and don’t approach the Orbison family, let me and the police deal with them,” Mr Masters said to me. “Ok, I reluctantly agree to stay away, but if I see them on the street, I won’t hold back on letting them know how I feel about what they did,” I said before ending the call.,

I sent some of the less revealing photos of Oscar’s injuries, to Mr Masters’s mobile, before making another phone call, as I happen to know a student who attends the same school as Oscar. “Marcus, this is Austin Kimbolton speaking,” I said when the call was answered.

“G’day mate, long time no see, how is things going, I am sorry to hear about the passing of your Gran, she was a very lovely lady,” Marcus said to me, “Thanks mate, I appreciate that. How are you going at the old school, do you see my bro around there much?” I asked.

“I do, and… mate I am not sure if you know this, but there is whispers going around that Oscar was bashed up at the end of school yesterday, is he alright?” Marcus asked me in a concerned tone, “That is the very reason why I am calling. We only discovered his injuries this morning, and we are currently at the Children’s Hospital getting him assessed. Mate I have seen the injuries that they gave him and they are really bad,” I replied.

“Bastards, tell me who they are, and I will deal with them,” Marcus said angrily, “No, I don’t want you to do anything to them, all I want you to do, is to make sure that any other students at the school are not harmed in any way, until these pricks are brought to justice.

Our family lawyer is already involved, and it making a report to the police as we speak, so I hope that by Monday Morning, the two brothers and their thugs will be dragged down to the police station and charged,” I replied. “You said brothers, do you mean the Orbison Brothers by any chance?” Marcus asked.

“Yes, that is them, plus their gang of thugs, so please can you round up your mates and protect all of the other students who may be at risk of being a target, and let the police handle the rest of it,” I asked. “You got it man, I will get onto it right away, and we will be a ring of steel for the students to protect them. Thanks for letting me know mate, keep in touch eh, my brother Digby says he has been missing having his old mate around all the rime,” Marcus said to me, and I smiled on hearing this.

“Tell him I miss him too, and I will try and organise a time when we can all catch up, bye for now,” I replied, before ending the call. “I heard what you just said to your friend, that is a great deed you have done there, I am so glad that Oscar has a caring older brother to look out for him,” Mrs Castalia said to me.

While we waited, the police arrived and wanted to interview Oscar about this assault, and Mrs Castalia refused to let them speak to Oscar, and the Doctor also said that Oscar needed rest and time to recover from his injuries. “Ma’am, if we don’t get a statement from him, we can’t take any action,” the senior police officer said to Mrs Castalia.

“That is bullshit and you know it, I am sure that a medical report from the good doctor here, plus a copy of the photos will be plenty for you take some action on this matter, and if you don’t, then I will have my lawyer take some action to make sure that you do get off your arse and so something about the bullies who injured my little brother so badly,” I snapped at the two police officers.

“Now, see here young man, we will do what we think is appropriate, and only when we have enough evidence to take action on the matter,” the senior officer said as he placed a hand on my shoulder and forced me to take a seat.

We heard someone clear his throat and we all looked in that direction. We saw Mr Masters standing there with his mobile phone in his hand, obviously recording all of this. “Officers, I suggest that you remove yourselves from this hospital, your superiors have all of the photographic evidence needed for this matter, and when you just forced Austin back into a chair against his will that is deemed physical assault of a minor, as Austin is still just that, a minor.

My name is Stephen Masters, Attorney for Austin and Oscar Kimbolton and to Mrs Castalia, who is their Guardian. As Austin said, once the good doctor has provided a medical report, you will have enough evidence to take action on the culprits, who severely injured Oscar and whose names your superiors also have,” Mr Masters said to the officers.

Reluctantly the two police officers left the emergency department, without saying any more, and after doing something on his phone, Mr Masters, put it away. “Thankyou for your help there, I was not really sure what to do about those two bullies,” Mrs Castalia said to the lawyer.

Oscar was admitted into the hospital for observation and for some tests to be done, so we left Oscar in their care, and Mrs Castalia drove me back home to my place, where George was waiting for me, and he had an overnight bag with him.

“How is he, is he going to be, ok?” George asked with a worried look, “Yes, I think he will be fine, but I have decided to take some more positive action in regards to this, are you willing to join me for a visit to Oscar’s school first thing on Monday morning, as I will be asking my good friend’s younger bro and his friends to join me to visit the school’s principal,” I said to George after we watched Mrs Castalia drive off.

“You got it mate, I will be right there beside you,” George answered, as we headed inside. “You know what the garden here reminds me off?” George asked once we had sat down in the lounge area with a great view of the back yard.

“Enlighten me? What does this garden remind you of?” I replied, “Mr Miyagi’s Karate Dojo in the movie Karate Kid,” George responded smiling. I thought about this and my mouth dropped open, as I realised that he was right, it did look very much like that very garden, and it was one of Mum’s favourite movies when she was growing up.

“Well since my Mum did like the movies, and she had just moved in here a few years after the second movie was made, I think you might be right about that. Let’s watch the movie and see just how simular it is?” I said and George agreed with the idea.

Once I had downloaded the movie on my laptop, and connected it to my television, we sat down with a bowl of freshly made microwave popcorn to watch the movie. George was right, there are a lot of similarities to the movie, even the little footbridge over the stream was pretty much identical, and I now knew why a flowering cherry tree sat in the middle of the garden, which I had felt was out of place, but now… it was perfect.

The next morning, I was on the phone again with Marcus; younger brother of my old friend Digby, who I have known since Kindergarten, “Hey Austin, two calls in two days, is there something else bad happened?” Marcus said when he answered the call.

“Nah, all good mate, Oscar has been kept in hospital for a few days. I wanted to call to let you know, that a current school friend of mine and I will be visiting your school first thing tomorrow morning, and I was wondering if you and a small group of friends would join us to visit the principal,” I said to Marcus.

“Sure, that will not be a problem, I have all the boys in my year gathered in support, and they will be keeping a very close eye on the gang of bullies, instead of watching the whole school student population, we have three classmates assigned to each of the 7 bullies, so they won’t be able to do anything. Do you want my class to still watch them when they arrive at school?” Marcus replied.

“Good thinking on watching the bullies instead of the students, and yes from the moment they step onto the school property,” I answered, “Sure thing mate, we will be there, Digby sends his regards, and says he wishes he wasn’t away at Agriculture College. See you in the morning,” Marcus said before ending the call.

When George and I arrived at Oscar’s school the next day, there were hugs and handshakes all around, as I knew a lot more of Marcus’s friends than I thought. After introducing George, we followed the others as we headed for the administration building.

Copyright December 2021 All Rights are reserved, Preston Wigglesworth
  • Like 35
  • Love 23
  • Angry 19
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Frustrating chapter that Oscar is having to deal with bullying after just recovering from being tossed out of a car by his negligent relatives.  Looks like  Austin is handling this like a good caring older brother.

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment

Poor Oscar having to deal with bullies. I'm sure Austin and his friends will get the Orbison Brothers dealt with.

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment

OMG. Poor Oscar! He could have a bruised kidney, internal bleeding and possibly loose a testicle. 🤬 The penny drops and so to will the boys who rattled the garden fence door. 🚪

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Let the law follow it's course and deal with the bullies that way...once they have to bend over for Big Bubba, they will be singing a different tune...

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Poor Oscar can’t seem to get away from the bullying, he was bullied by his aunt, uncle and cousins and now he gets bullied by the tenants in his grans home that Austin has already had a problem with. I hope that the school takes action as well as the police against the boys who are bullying the younger students. I can’t believe that this kind of stuff is still happening in the schools today although I guess I shouldn’t be.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

I know a story is well written when a chapter leaves me angry, my blood pressure soaring to new heights and me wanting to kick some fictional characters' butts!  Thank God for Austin's friends! 

Link to comment

I agree with @Anton_Cloche and @Butcher56, the Orbison brothers are likely Austin's new neighbours. If this proves to be the case, I daresay Mummy dearest will defend them as being "good boys", and somehow try to pin the blame on Oscar and/or Austin. She struck me, in her one appearance in a prior chapter, as being a condescending and contemptuous bitch. 

I think Mr Masters proved himself in this chapter to be a man who will fight for justice for his client(s), and will not stand for intimidation by others. The Orbison's will rue the day they attempt to mess with him.

Another enjoyable chapter @quokka. Oscar must surely "catch a break" soon though. I hope the Orbison brothers' father's name is not Roy.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Gregory said:

I know a story is well written when a chapter leaves me angry, my blood pressure soaring to new heights and me wanting to kick some fictional characters' butts!  Thank God for Austin's friends! 

Before you kick a fictional character butt, may I suggest that you sit in a quiet location and do some deep breathing…. In through the nose, out through the mouth… do that a few times.

now, do you feel better?
I hope so….

😉😁😇

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

Wow!!! 12 😡responses, that must be a new record for one chapter…

is that a good thing or a bad thing for me as the author?..

  • Love 1
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, quokka said:

Wow!!! 12 😡responses, that must be a new record for one chapter…

is that a good thing or a bad thing for me as the author?..

It's the sign of a great story, that gets to your readers emotionally.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..