Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 3,816 Words
  • 5,601 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cinderfella - 9. Chapter 9 We Saw the Light

As the day progressed, Seth and I spent time together. We rode through town so he could see it for the first time. To keep the ease of people, he wore his mask. It still caused some discomfort for many who backed away when we rode up. Tolerance for what was happening wasn’t the same as understanding what was happening. The rumors about Seth were spreading like a wildfire throughout the town faster than Demetrius covered distances. And it was going throughout the whole country, too. The fact that we were looking for King Alexander’s youngest son was also spreading, and there were those who stepped forward saying they were him. That was expected to happen. But no one was Samuel. Simple questions about his past told even the guards they told answers to, knew none of these people were Samuel.

“Seth,” I said as we rode quietly through what was now countryside and farms. While A’Dore boasted rich farmlands, Blethos was not slack with good crops, they just needed more than they yielded. “Not to say anything….necessarily about your acceptance of a male companion. You didn’t hesitate that day to kiss me when we were in the lake. Why?”

Seth looked at me. “You must be joking.” Then he chuckled. “All of my life, I have been told I was ugly and cursed. No one ever dared to touch me or get near me if possible. Then you come, didn’t react when you saw my face. Then had the courage ask to touch me. Not just me, but that part of my face that is scarred. You weren’t repulsed.” He shrugged. “Then your words to me that you thought I was very handsome…” he chuckled. “I couldn’t help it. I had to kiss you. What did I have to lose?”

I nodded. “Because I was kind to you?”

He nodded. “That and…” he thought. “I never told anyone, but…that day when I saw those two men having sex. It caused a reaction in me. I was aroused.” He blushed a little. “It just seemed natural to me. I knew that was what I wanted, but I knew I’d never get. When you did what you did, I thought…well…maybe.”

“It is natural.” I smiled. “I just want us to be sure this is what we both want.”

Seth looked at me curiously. “Do you want a relationship with me?”

“Very much,” I answered immediately.

“As I do with you,” Seth answered. “I look forward to touching you, as you did me. But not stopping.”

“So do I.” I grinned. “How open do we be to the people? Will we let them know we’re not just a political means for both Blethos and A’Dore?”

“I don’t care who knows what,” Seth said. “The whole world knows when a man and woman marry, they will be having a relationship. Sex. We are getting married. If we have sex, who really needs to know that? And why do they need to know if we do or don’t?”

He was right. The more time I spent with Seth, the more I liked him and found myself feeling more and more for the man. Sure, I was looking forward to our joining physically, but I really liked Seth. He was just naturally kind and he did have a sense of humor. I liked being around him. The more I realized that the more I saw of him physically. He was very healthy, in spite of the ravages of that horrible fire. He was strong. Okay, I admit it. He had a great ass! That that part of him attracted me, I knew what to do there. I'd love it if he did it with me! But he did have that one part of his demeanor I couldn’t break. His self-esteem had been pretty much destroyed. If challenged with anything, he backed down. He needed to get over this if he was going to be a king. And he was going to be king! The more I saw what Thorne had done to Seth, I hated Thorne more and more. How could he do that? How dare he do that to anyone? And Seth was his family!

My time was also spent with King Alexander, Christian, and Seth together.

“We’re spending a great deal of money,” I commented absently. “My birthday party, the wedding and the crowning of a new king.”

King Alexander nodded. “So? This is a momentous occasion for Blethos. We’re making this a time no one will forget.”

Christian chuckled. “But you won’t even accept any money from me. Except for Erik’s birthday. And I insist we pay for that.”

King Alexander grinned. “He gave me a gift. He gave me my son back. Can I refuse to give him a gift? No. You keep your money. It’s the least I can do.”

Now, fishing for any information was tricky. King Alexander was dying. We knew that. So, anything to upset the man was unwise. “So, we’re inviting all nobility for the wedding and crowning, correct?”

King Alexander nodded. “We are. Even the Thornes.”

Christian chuckled. “Well, that will be enjoyable. To smear mud in the face of that man.”

“You mean shit, right?” I chuckled back. “Sorry, Your Majesty.” I wasn’t setting the correct example.

King Alexander laughed heartily. “You do cuss! There may be hope for you two yet!” He looked at Christian. “Do you ever cuss, Christian?”

Christian shook his head. “Absolutely not. Our father told Erik and me time and again…” then I quoted with him. “To cuss is the sign of a weak mind.”

Seth even smiled at that. “Well, neither of you have weak minds.”

“No, Arthur thought this was a way his family would finally have the throne.” King Alexander said.

“Why would he?” I asked.

King Alexander sighed. “Well, his grandfather was the third son of our great-grandfather. By the time his grandfather realized what that meant, his eldest brother already had children and there was no chance he would ever see the throne. His grandfather was not happy with that.”

“But that's the way it's always been done.” Christian stated. “There can only be one king. It goes to the eldest son. If there are no sons, to the eldest daughter.”

“Yeah, but his grandfather didn’t agree with that.” King Alexander admitted. “I suppose there was never anything like that in your house.”

Christian and I looked at each other. “No.” We both stated.

“If anything, I see the burden Christian carries. There are many times I prayed nothing ever happened to Christian. The idea of filling his shoes was more than I thought I could handle.”

“And I depend on Erik,” Christian added. “There are many times I rely on his council on matters and implement his ideas. So we were both kings in a way.”

Seth’s eyes lowered. “I hope he will help me as well.”

This really bothered me. He was smart! “Seth, I will always be at your side. Trust that.”

He smiled at me. “I am.” He looked down again. “I didn’t really get the sort of education Darius, Deena or even Samuel got. I paid attention, but even the tutors that taught the four of us were somewhat repulsed by me. There were days I didn’t go to make it easier for them to teach the others.”

“Which is what I can’t understand!” I said a little angrier than I intended. “These were educated men. Could they not see the miracle that you survived? Why did they only see the damage?”

Seth shrugged. “Well, it is pretty bad.”

“I see it as a sign!” I stated. “For whatever reason, God thought under no circumstance, that throne was going to be yours. You were going to be king. He won’t let you die.”

“Here, here!” King Alexander and Christian said toasting Seth,

“Being book smart is important, Seth,” I said quietly. “It is important that a king has knowledge of the world. But wisdom is more important. You have that. You also have compassion and kindness. Tempered with mercy, I know you’ll be amazing.”

 

The weeks passed and finally that Sunday before my birthday, we got word that A’Dore’s royal carriages were spotted on the outskirts of town. Christian was instantly in a bath and changed to be ready. I guess he was a little excited. I dressed as well. So did Seth. Then as the afternoon was waning the carriages came into the courtyard of the palace. I couldn’t imagine Ella’s ordeal with three small children on such a long trip! The many potty stops. There was a special carriage just for that purpose. It was more of a wagon, the kids could sleep, play or eat all in a cramped, but had a more spacious ride than a traditional carriage offered. Christian was almost bouncing with anticipation as the carriage stopped and three little people jumped down even before the footmen got the step ready.

“Daddy!!” There were three calls as they rushed toward their father who knelt down, arms extended to eagerly welcome them. The force of the collision threw Christian to the ground laughing, all three hugging and being hugged by their father.

“We missed you!” Thomas declared.

“It was a long trip!!” Ana stated. Which Ada nodded.

“I’m so glad to see you!” Christian kissed each face. “I hope you didn’t kill your mother on the way.”

“She’s fine,” Thomas said looking back as Ella used the step to exit the carriage.

“Ella!” Christian left his children and hurried to his wife. The kiss he gave her would have melted metal! A kiss she gave back.

“Uncle Erik!” The three left unattended looked up seeing me and rushed to me. Only I was ready. The three didn’t knock me down. But I wasn’t their father, so I’m good. When Ella and Christian finished their greeting after nearly two months apart, they came over and Ella hugged me tightly.

“You look very happy,” Ella said as she looked in my face. “I take it all is going well.”

I nodded with a proud grin. “It is.” Then I looked back at Seth. “Only, I need to warn you. I chose Seth Thorne…” how do I explain it quickly. “There’s more to the story, but…he wears a mask, he was badly scarred in a fire when he was a boy. Don’t be shocked.” I held my hand out for Seth. “Come meet your sister-in-law, come Saturday.” I invited Seth over. Again, his confidence was not as it should be, but he smiled, coming over.

“Your Majesty.” Seth greeted, bowing to Ella. “Erik and Christian have told me a lot about you. Not to mention the stories about you and Christian that have been circulating.”

Ella was a true queen and her face showed no shock whatsoever. “It’s nice to meet you, Seth.” And she hugged the man without exception or hesitation. “These are my children. Thomas, Ana, and Ada.” She brought the children forward.

Thomas, not at all shy, asked immediately. “Why are you wearing a mask?”

“Well.” Seth was prepared for this question. “I was in an accident when I was a year younger than you are now.”

I nodded. “You know that place on your knee?” I reminded him of the little mark on his left knee. He had fallen while climbing a tree. “Is it still there?”

Thomas smiled, proud of his little scar. “Sure.”

“Seth has the same thing. Only on his face.” I explained.

“And hand.” Seth showed the gloved hand.

Thomas frowned. “Ouch! That must have hurt!” Even my nieces looked a bit sad at hearing this.

“It did.” Seth nodded and was shocked when there were two hugs to each of his legs by Ada and Ana.

“I cried for hours,” Thomas said.

Seth smiled, relieved it had gone so well. “I know I did.”

 

That night, I was a baby sitter for my brother and Ella so the two could spend time alone for a few hours. Seth was begged to stay with them, too by all three children. I was glad to do it. In between games, I noticed Seth staring at me, but he was smiling.

“Is something on your mind, Seth?”

He chuckled. “Well, I just was thinking what a great family I’m marrying into. You’ve got a great brother, a great sister-in-law, three great nephew and nieces. I’m happy to become a part of your family.” Then he came over sitting beside me. “By this time next week. We’ll be married.”

I grinned. “And you’ll be a king.”

He didn’t really react to that fact. “Well, I will, but this family is a better deal than a crown.” He grinned kissing me. “Thank you for choosing me.”

“Seth.” I reminded. “You were born to be king.”

He blew a breath. “I don’t care about that. You chose to marry me. Did you do that because of my birthmarks?”

“Of course not,” I said. “That was something I hadn’t expected.”

“So, I was your choice.”

I grinned and kissed him again, letting my lips linger there. “Yes, you are.”

 

The birthday for me was low key for what was going to happen at the end of the week. But it was fun. There were only a few dignitaries invited who King Alexander said was not only favored family of his but friends. By tradition and law, I was now considered an adult. Now the plans for the wedding was in full swing. The Church was asked to be there, but we were marrying at the palace. They would not marry us.

“My son is getting married!” King Alexander said to the royal priest. “You won’t give your blessing?”

The priest looked very uncomfortable. “How can we? It’s wrong. This is a move by two powers on this continent to unite two kingdoms. It’s not religious, it’s political.”

“You won’t bless them at all?” King Alexander asked.

“If anyone else had asked to have this done, they would be arrested and hung! You know that!”

“I have never hung a man because he is homosexual.” King Alexander stated angrily. “That’s stupid. I am not stupid. Leave. I’ll ask God for His blessing.”

“You can’t!” The priest declared.

“Well, I have to officiate now. Or Christian. And why can’t I? God can hear the prayer of a king as well as the prayer of a priest.” King Alexander stated. “Is the air you breathe out different than mine? I don’t think so. And when the time comes, and I die. Don’t worry about officiating at my service. You won’t help now, I won’t need you then. Get out!” He pointed to the door.

“If we did this, we’d have to let anyone marry.” The priest argued.

“So do it!” King Alexander shouted. “For now, GET OUT!!!”

 

To say things were busy at the palace would be an understatement. All Blethos seemed to want to be there and they were decorating the ballroom and palace for this occasion. Ribbons, banners, flowers, a white carpet led to a raised portion of the ballroom where Seth and I were exchanging vows. The kitchen was equally busy getting things that could be made in advance done. Most would have to be done in a planned fashion to serve fresh food on time for the reception, that was also in the ballroom. I had a fitting for my wedding clothes, as did Seth, but we weren’t allowed to see one another in them. That was the tradition. Whoever made that up? Musicians were told what should be played and more staff was hired to serve more people than was normally served at most banquets or balls.

“Are you nervous?” Christian asked me the night before.

“Butterflies.” I put my hand on my stomach.

Christian chuckled. “Welcome to the club. But it’s worth it.” Then he gave me a serious look. “Do you love him?”

“I do,” I answered without having to think about it. “Very much.”

“Then it’s all worth it.” Christian assured. “Trust me on that.”

 

The day came and I had to pee a lot. I was told that was nerves. I never doubted that. Guests began arriving and seemed to never stop. Hundreds. Maybe a thousand or more! There would be almost no place to stand! I had never seen so many carriages and men on horseback before. Ella and Christian’s wedding had been huge, but I was little then. But everyone seemed to be here and happy to be here. The priests arrived, but when asked if they were going to bless us when they said no, they were turned away.

Then as the music began to play, Christian walked up beside me. He grinned at me. “Dressed in all white. You look very happy.” He pointed toward the front. “Ella and the children wanted to stand up with you. When they ask, we’re all behind you.”

Hugging him again. “Thanks, Christian.”

“What’s a brother for?” Then he reached in a pocket. He pulled a ring out. “If you want…this was our father’s. Men don’t always wear wedding rings. I do, but, if you want…”

Seeing it, and knowing what it meant, I know why things got a little blurry. I took the ring. “I’d be honored.”

Then the processional was beginning, Christian and I walked toward the front. I saw King Alexander and Seth walking toward the center as well, we came from opposite sides and joined in front. Seth looked amazing. Even the mask he wore was white!

King Alexander raised his hands as he rose to the upper level. “It is with great pleasure….my son was returned to me. Now, he marries an amazing person. King Christian and I are to officiate, as the Church refuses to bless their uniting. So, I ask. God, in whom we all know how powerful You are. I beg You. Bless this marriage. Two souls are joining together. Shine on them and their lives together.” Then he looked at Christian who left my side and joined King Alexander and faced the crowd. “I give my son to Erik of A’Dore in matrimony.”

Christian nodded. “And I give my brother to Phillip, also known as Seth, of Blethos in matrimony.”

Then Ella and the children came up. “And we, his sister and children, as Erik’s family give Erik of A’Dore in matrimony to Seth of Blethos.”

Then Alexander turned to Seth. “My son, taking on another life is the most important thing a person can do in life. Do you take Erik of A’Dore to be that special person? To be your husband, to love, honor and cherish as long as you both live, forsaking all others in sickness and health?”

Seth turned to me. “I do.”

“Erik, my dear brother, do you take Phillip, also Seth to be that special person. To be your husband, to love, honor and cherish so long as you both live, forsaking all others in sickness and health?” Christian asked.

Of course, my response was. “I do.”

Christian turned to King Alexander. “Forgive me, this wasn’t planned for, I know, but…” he turned to me. “Give the ring to Seth.”

I nodded and pulled the ring from my pocket.

“This was Erik’s and my father’s wedding ring. I gave it to Erik just a few minutes ago. I gave it in hopes that it will be an inspiration to Erik and symbol of the bond that will unite Erik and Seth….forever.” He looked at Seth. “Please put the ring on Erik’s hand.”

Seth nodded and slipped the ring on my left hand. “I do this, as your husband.”

Then Alexander held his hand up. “Then in that tradition.” He looked at his own left hand. “I have worn this ring from the day your mother and I were married. Never once thinking of taking it off.” He sniffed as he had to pull a little to remove it. “Now is the best time to do that.” He grinned. “I loved your mother. She was my inspiration. I’m giving it to Erik to give to you. May he be that inspiration to you, son.” He handed me the ring.

Slipping the ring on Seth’s left hand. “I do this, as your husband.”

“With the power given us…” King Alexander said.

“And you know we do have that,” Christian added to which many in the crowd chuckled. “I declare these two souls are married!”

Seth grinned at me. Only it was me that did it this time. “You know what’s going to happen,” I said to him. “I love you, Seth.”

He grinned even bigger. “I love you, too.”

Our lips met, in front of everyone there and what I’m going to tell you will…well…he began to glow. A white light seemed to bathe him. He broke the kiss as he grunted, holding his hand over his right eye like he was in pain. The light seemed to radiate under his mask. There were gasps from the crowd and even King Alexander and Christian backed away a little as the light got brighter and brighter. No one there could deny they saw it! Then went away. Then Seth looked at me.

“I can see!” Seth said incredulously. “I can see out of my right eye! I’ve not been able to see clearly since…I can’t remember!”

I reached up and took his mask off quickly and gaped at what I saw. His scars were gone! “Oh, my God!!”

Seth looked up surprised at me. “What?”

I pointed to his right arm and took hold of it. “Look at your right hand!”

Seth looked curious a second, then slipped his glove off. Then his eyes widened as he saw normal, skin without any scars on his right hand. Then pulled his sleeve up. Then his hands went to his face and he touched his face, mostly his right side. Then he was almost panicking. “Mirror! Has someone got a mirror?”

Ella came forward instantly handing him her small mirror from her bag. Seth held it up and his eyes grew even more.

“How?” Seth asked as he rubbed his face.

Christian smiled at his new brother-in-law. “I’d say, your father’s asking for a blessing on your wedding….I’d say it was blessed and this is a sign. Your scars are gone!”

King Alexander was crying. “Fucking stupid priests! Think they know it all! See!?” He grabbed his son in a hug. “My son was cured!!”

I was smiling at a very, very handsome man. On both sides of his face. “I liked the old face!”

Seth looked at me and burst out laughing as he grabbed me in an embrace and then I kissed him so hard. To which he returned with equal force!

Copyright © 2016 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 46
  • Love 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

You have outdone yourself again Eric, Seth getting back his handsome face, that is interesting.
Lets find Samuel and the evils next

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Too bad his loyal brother Samuel wasn't there to witness the wedding and transformation.

 

And horse ridden men sounds like horses are riding men! Horse-riding men, men riding horses or men on horses would all be clearer.

Link to comment
On 11/06/2016 10:15 AM, droughtquake said:

Too bad his loyal brother Samuel wasn't there to witness the wedding and transformation.

 

And horse ridden men sounds like horses are riding men! Horse-riding men, men riding horses or men on horses would all be clearer.

I ain't telling. And so for as horse ridden men are concerned, you know what I meant. My muse sends me things so fast and so often, I struggle to keep up. No matter. There's little more coming.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
29 minutes ago, Lizzydolphin37 said:

I sooooo love that wedding and Seths scars disappearing!

Hi!  I just woke up!  Now for another day of writing.  I was kidding, sort of, when I wrote you that message.  I did miss you.  And the comments made about my writing makes my day!  I know endorphins are being released and I am addicted to them.  A  runner's high, if you will...without the running.  I write.  Now, I have an outlet and I am hooked!!  You read Preachers' Sons.  That is the only story I wrote without channeling Daniel.  It's older than any of the others.  Well, I can relax now.  Cinderfella was a stand alone story, but the voices said, "Oh, no you're not!"  You can binge read, if you want.  I'm glad you're back.  :kiss:

  • Love 1
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, R. Eric said:

Hi!  I just woke up!  Now for another day of writing.  I was kidding, sort of, when I wrote you that message.  I did miss you.  And the comments made about my writing makes my day!  I know endorphins are being released and I am addicted to them.  A  runner's high, if you will...without the running.  I write.  Now, I have an outlet and I am hooked!!  You read Preachers' Sons.  That is the only story I wrote without channeling Daniel.  It's older than any of the others.  Well, I can relax now.  Cinderfella was a stand alone story, but the voices said, "Oh, no you're not!"  You can binge read, if you want.  I'm glad you're back.  :kiss:

Thanks Eric and I am glad to be back. I am going to binge read all three over the next few days so be prepared for comments hahaha😈😆

  • Love 1
Link to comment

🥰🥰🥰 I just absolutely love this wedding! Had to come for another read through of these amazing stories. I hope you are able to continue C3 soon, also hope this finds you well I haven’t been on in a looonnggg time.

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Lizzydolphin37 said:

🥰🥰🥰 I just absolutely love this wedding! Had to come for another read through of these amazing stories. I hope you are able to continue C3 soon, also hope this finds you well I haven’t been on in a looonnggg time.

Well....I'm thrilled you love it! It's being published as a book by Amazon publishing. I'm very busy and I long to get back to my writing. I've mentioned before. These stories are my children. They will be here when I no longer am alive. Cinderfella 3? I got burned out on. A part of me felt I was heading in a direction I shouldn't. No one said a thing, but I just lost interest. I still write. I still have a destination I want to go in with Cinderfella. How to get there? That is the question.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..