Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

No going back - 5. Colin 2

Colin had decided he'd had enough. Miles had been going on at him, again, for not coming over for the twins' birthday and saying how Colin needed to make sure he visited them to see the girls. Colin had duly sent a birthday present, via his Mum, but there'd been no thank you. But if he'd missed sending it, Miles would have been quick to point out the slight. Last Sunday, he'd taken some paperwork to his Mum's and rather than being sympathetic she'd gone on and on about all the things that needed doing. But if you tried to pin her down, she'd find reasons for not doing them just yet. It was simply her way of needling him. So, this Sunday he'd decided he'd rather be hung for a sheep as a whatever it was. He was going to arrive at 2 o'clock in time for lunch. That gave him an extra hour in bed as well as time to catch up on paperwork.

He was enjoying working for the new guy, Owain. He seemed a nice bloke, attractive and friendly. It was odd about his family; Owain had let slip bits and pieces and Colin was pretty sure there was more. It made Colin’s family life seem perfectly normal. Fancy your Dad throwing you out at 18. But then Colin felt a wave of panic, because, of course, his Mum and Miles didn't know. At 18, Owain had stood up to his Dad, but at 32 Colin was hardly out at all. His Mum and Miles had no idea he was gay, and none of the guys at work did either. Colin kept telling himself that it wouldn't be a big deal, but he never took the step.

Regarding Owain, Colin worried that he was letting his attraction lead him rather than being professional. He was even wondering about telling Owain about the choir's concert, the guy had talked about going to the sung services at the Minster when he was younger, with a family friend, and he was even wondering about joining a choir. It wouldn't hurt, would it. Would it?

He made good time to his Mum's, to find her going on about all the things they could have done, if he'd arrived 'on time', as if there was a set time. Playing the same old record, of how she was unwell and a widow and needed Colin to take care of her. He sometimes wondered, was this an act too, or would she really be delighted if he moved back home? Horror of horrors.

Yet, whilst she always managed to get him, he worried that there might be some truth in her moans, that she really did need help. This time, though, he'd got really annoyed and after lunch he had turned round to her and asked what needed doing. But then Miles, Annalisa and the twins had arrived. And it became ‘let's get at Colin’ time. Finally he walked out. Feeling pleased with himself till he got home. He always took his washing on Sunday. Not that his Mum did it for him, but he figured doing it at her place saved him time during the week.

It was still there, however, sitting in the laundry bag in her kitchen. Shit.

He was buggered if he was going back for it. So, come Monday morning he had to go to Owain's bare arsed. He’d been meaning to buy some more underwear but hadn’t quite got round to it. Partly because he did not want to admit the truth of the way his belly had got bigger. New kecks meant either pretend and buy the same ones or admit defeat and get measured. So, he’d put things off. He’d just have to make sure his work jeans were in the right place.

Or was he kidding himself. Colin’s experience of guys had simply been one of being in the right place and knowing the other bloke was up for it. He’d never made the running, if the other bloke made a move, then you were on. With Owain it was different. For a start, he was a client, and there were boundaries that ought not to be crossed.

Yet Colin had grown aware of that Owain seemed attracted. There’d been a couple of times when he’d caught Owain displaying more than casual curiosity in Colin’s unintentional display of builder’s bum. He was horribly aware that when he worked, bending over, everything slipped southward, yet Owain seemed interested, enjoyed it even. Or was the guy just being polite.

Colin didn’t really know how to take things further, or whether he should. So, he was kidding himself. He could have found something to wear or dug out his overalls. But he didn’t, he went bare-arsed.

What happened next wasn’t what he’d anticipated.

His Mum had always complained that when he was working on something, his attention was entirely focused on the task in hand, ignoring everything around him from the phone or the doorbell to his Mum’s shouts.

He was working under the sink, trying to dismantle some crazily assembled cabinetry. His jeans slipped down, and down. He was intent on finishing and stupidly ignored them, aware that he was revealing more bum than usual. He’d sort himself out in a minute, just get this sorted.

This one ends deliberately on a sort of cliff hanger, to be continued from Owain's point of view next week.
Some of the Colin chapters will be a bit short, but I want to keep them separate so please bear with me as the story develops
Copyright © 2023 Robert Hugill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 38
  • Love 19
  • Haha 22
Thank you for reading. As ever, I am always happy to hear from readers; the plot arc is pretty much in place, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for new ideas.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I think it's time for Colin's testicles to descend and his mouth to say what needs to be said to all!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

Interesting chapter, he really needs to learn t his builders crack show some more I wonder what would happen if he felt a hand on his crack 😂

  • Wow 2
Link to comment
On 11/12/2023 at 2:50 PM, drsawzall said:

Peek a boo time….

And what a peek it is. 👏 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Owain's mum sounds like a right old nag. Not so different for Miles. 

I'm looking forward to Owain's take on Colin's bum. 😆 🤣 😂 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Sounds like Colin needs to take a page from Owain's handbook and tell his family to get over themselves.  Not that Colin really did that; he just wasn't willing to not be himself.  

Sounds like the idea that he is single is enough for his family to believe that he should be at their beck and call.  I can relate.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..