Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

No going back - 7. Colin 3

Colin was feeling foolish and annoyed with himself. He'd been having fun with Owain, far more fun than he’d had in a long time, and he’d never had so much sex over so short a period of time. And with just one guy, too. Colin decided he rather liked that and, truth to tell, he rather liked Owain. A lot. Which was stupid, as they hardly knew each other. But he liked the guy, and the sex was, well, fantastic.

Colin had only ever taken it up the bum a few times, the rare occasions when he'd managed to get together with a bloke he liked, in a nice quiet location and have the chance to do the dirty at some leisure. He certainly wasn't the type to take it via the back door at the drop of a hat with a random. But Owain had been gentle, and it has been fun, sexy and more. Colin had thought about asking the guy to the choir’s concert, not that the concert was going to be earth shattering, but the Netherwich Male Chorale was something of a local institution and it was going to be good.

But then Jimmie and co arrived, had started making cracks about Owain being gay and being a danger to life and limb of decent straight blokes and, well, courage failed him. He’d simply panicked and shut down. It was easily done as Jimmie and the guys were all over the house; it would be difficult to have a private moment with Owain, even if he wanted it.

The choir’s concert on Friday had gone well. They’d attracted a good audience, which meant that they raised a tidy sum for the local hospice. But after the concert, he was feeling a bit glum. He did go back to the pub with the guys from the choir and downed a few. Perhaps it was the drink that gave him courage, or perhaps it was just he was starting to learn to stand up for himself.

He did his shopping on Saturday, calling at the usual places and he noticed the flower shop selling freesias. His Mum liked them, and they were small and not too showy but classy. He bought a bunch. Went home, showered, shaved, dressed nicely and before he could chicken out, drove over to Pocklington, to the rental where Owain was living at the moment. He parked around the corner and walked past a few times, but then gave himself a talking to. Wouldn't do to be done for loitering with intent outside Owain's house. He didn't plan to go in. Just apologise. Flowers worked. Chocolates or a bottle of wine might give other ideas, and Colin didn't want to presume. He'd been a tit and wanted to apologise.

He honestly didn’t know whether he and Owain would be able to get things back together, Colin rather worried that his behaviour had made that impossible. For God’s sake, he was 32 and shouldn’t be panicking like a 15-year-old every time the idea of him being gay came up.

Whatever happened with Owain, apologising was the right thing.

This is a short one, from Colin. The continuation, from Owain, follows tomorrow.
Copyright © 2023 Robert Hugill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 36
  • Love 34
  • Haha 1
Thank you for reading. As ever, I am always happy to hear from readers; the plot arc is pretty much in place, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for new ideas.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Owain has been already prepared to go to Colin's house at the end of the previous chapter, so, I think this is going to be You had me at hello moment!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 11/18/2023 at 5:37 PM, akascrubber said:

Colin is a coward. He has to make a choice. Does he fess up to Owain and try to live thruthfully or make a break with him and live a life of quiet desparation? He has made his own hell hole.

I hope we find out which path Colin takes next time?

Coward might be a bit harsh. I think Colin is a quiet bloke, who has hidden himself away, because of shame, fear, or uncertainty in the face of perceived social and religious expectations. I'm sure he will make the right decision, when he has a good reason to do so.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/18/2023 at 6:13 PM, Summerabbacat said:

OMG @Robert Hugill, now that was just plain cruel; you will have to be sent to the "naughty corner" (LOL). Only 525 words. Just enough words for Colin to argue with himself for being a prat and buy some freesias for Colin, but not enough words to deliver the fucking things and gauge Owain's reaction (LOL).

Perhaps you can arrange for Brian and Gordon, resplendent in jockstraps and combat boots only, to pay a visit to Colin during work hours and put Jimmie and the other homophobes in their place with Olympian displays of strength from a couple of "pillow-biting shirt-lifters", before giving Colin a demonstration of guilt-free gay sex (another possible business opportunity @Robert Hugill).

 

A meeting between Brian, Gordon, Owain and Colin would be hysterical @Summerabbacat

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

We all have to learn how to be happy in our own skin.  Any everyone does so at their own pace; sadly, some never learn how to do so.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..