Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

No going back - 9. Colin 4

Colin drove up to his Mum's in a bit of a daze. His apology to Owain had turned into something more. Much more. Not the sex, though that had been fantastic; being able to explore and take your time and feel relaxed. But there had also been chatting, cooking, listening to music. It had been Colin's ideal date. And they were doing it again. He wanted to tell someone, but who? And what was there to tell? He'd had a one-night with a guy. Blokes were doing that all the time. So Colin sang along to a disc he'd got on the car stereo.

His Mum couldn't even manage to puncture his mood. She was peeved that he'd been a bit late, and then was narky about him getting stuck in with the gardening. When she commented about him being late, as if it mattered, he had good-humouredly said that he'd had an evening at a mate's place, they'd been listening to music and to be safe he'd stayed rather than driving home. She'd sniffed, but that was it and finally curiosity got the better of her and he told her it was a bloke he was doing work for who had moved to the area. They'd been comparing choirs and music.

It didn't go well. Colin was beginning to realise that she didn't like him having too much life apart from family. He kept quiet and let things ride.

Monday morning, Jimmie was making cracks again and Colin stopped him, quite sharply, saying that Owain was a good client, and it was unprofessional to make jokes in dubious taste about his sexuality. Jimmie had stared at Colin and commented that he must have had a bad weekend, going short was he. Colin had grinned and said, quite the contrary, he'd had a great evening at a mate's, listening to music and talking about it. That put the kybosh on the talk for the moment, he and Jimmie had different tastes.

That's the way the week panned out. He didn't exactly come the heavy boss, but each time Jimmie threatened to get a bit lively he tamped it down. Bruno, the new youngster, came up to him on Tuesday, when he was staying late, and thanked Colin, saying that he’d found Jimmie a bit wearing. Colin had grinned, so that makes two of us. Bruno was quiet, a good worker and eager to learn. Colin knew very little about his background; though his family was local, he lived in a shared house with mates. What things he did say were normally about life in the shared house, nothing personal. Made you wonder.

Tuesday, when everyone had left, Owain took him to the rear, where it was quiet, and pounced. It never failed to amaze Colin, how long Owain could spend with his face pressed to Colin's bum. Colin worried that he'd be sweaty and stuff after a day's work, but Owain plunged in and frankly, what the bloke could do with his tongue was amazing. Front too, and Colin ended up coming far too early. His apologies were brushed off, and Owain simply continued, and bugger me (metaphorically and literally), Colin found a second wind. Afterwards, they went to the local Chinese, not bad food and it was fun. Owain was planning to go to the sung Evensong at the Minster on Saturday. Colin was tempted, but one of the guys in the choir was having a party and having said yes, Colin didn't want to turn round and say no. But they weren't working on Saturday, so after their drink on Friday would he like to...

Colin said yes, like a shot.

Copyright © 2023 Robert Hugill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 42
Thank you for reading. As ever, I am always happy to hear from readers; the plot arc is pretty much in place, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for new ideas.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Colin is growing into himself. This is great. I'm glad he told Jimmie what's what. Now for his mummy dearest. 😈 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Colin's family will run his life as long as he allows them to; they see him as everyone's helper, not an individual with a life of his own.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..