Jump to content
    Thorn Wilde
    • Author
  • 3,038 Words
  • 7,502 Views
  • 32 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Nemesis: Because I Want You - 15. Chapter Fifteen: Come Home

Stuck between the do or die, I feel emaciated. Hard to breathe I try and try, I'll get asphyxiated. Swinging from the tallest height, with nothing left to hold on to. Every sky is blue, but not for me and you.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Come Home

 

The following days consisted mostly of hanging out in Dave’s bedroom or—when they were feeling adventurous—the garden, playing video games, and playing board games with Jason who, as it turned out, was a huge board game nerd and had them playing everything from Risk to obscure fantasy board games Nick had never even heard of. It all helped him take his mind off Craig. He was pleased with that. He shoved it to the back of his mind and they hadn’t spoken of it since the first evening. At night he would wake up sweating and sobbing, though, and Dave would hold him until he stopped shaking and fell asleep again.

On Easter morning, Dave woke him up with a giant easter egg. They spent most of the morning and part of the afternoon in bed, munching chocolate bunnies and cream eggs and drinking tea. Dave made regular kitchen runs and brought up toast and scones and more sweets. By five in the afternoon, they were very full and happy and still not dressed. Nick wore pants and a large t-shirt. Dave was in cotton pyjama bottoms and little else.

‘We should probably put some clothes on,’ Dave remarked, looking at his watch on the bedside table. ‘I expect Jason would at least like to see us for dinner.’

‘Dinner?’ Nick laughed. ‘God, I can’t eat another bite of anything, I’m so stuffed!’

‘You sure?’ Dave smiled slyly and took a piece of chocolate in his mouth. He advanced on Nick and pressed their lips together in a delicious chocolatey kiss. Nick laughed.

‘I wish it was Easter every day!’ he sighed.

‘Just imagine how fat we’d be,’ Dave replied.

‘Mm, yeah, but happy.’

They both pulled on jeans, but before Dave could get a t-shirt over his head, Nick pounced on him and pushed him down onto the bed, climbing on top of him and straddling his hips.

‘Haha, gotcha!’ he said, grinning.

‘Wanna bet?’ Dave retorted, and they wrestled for a little bit. Dave was winning, but then Nick caught hold of his earlobe with his teeth and he lost his resolve and stayed down. He moaned softly as Nick captured his mouth in a deep kiss.

There was a loud crashing sound, and they broke apart to find the door had been thrown open, and in the doorway stood Dave’s father, his face bright red and his blue eyes wide and furious.

‘What the devil is going on here?’ he growled, advancing on them. ‘Get off my son, you bloody poof!’ He grabbed Nick by the collar of his t-shirt and pulled him off Dave, flinging him to the floor with surprising strength. Nick hit the floor shoulder first and cried out in pain.

Dave’s reaction was instantaneous. ‘Don’t you touch him!’ he shouted. He swung a fist at his father, knocking him to the floor. He was out cold.

Then he was there, helping Nick to his feet. ‘Are you all right?’ he asked urgently. ‘Did he hurt you?’

‘Just bruised,’ Nick replied, getting slowly to his feet. ‘I think I’m okay.’

‘Good, get your jumper,’ said Dave, pulling on a t-shirt. ‘We have to get out of here right now, before he wakes up.’

Nick pulled a jumper over his head and got his mobile off the bedside table. Then they hurried down the stairs into the hall.

‘I don’t know what he’s doing home,’ said Dave. ‘They weren’t meant to be home until Tuesday.’

In the hall they found Jason and Dave’s mother.

‘Where’s your father, David?’ his mother asked.

‘Taking a nap,’ said Dave. Her eyes widened, and she hurried up the stairs. ‘I’m borrowing these,’ Dave told Jason, taking a set of keys from an end table.

‘And where are you going with those?’ asked Jason.

‘Away,’ Dave said. ‘Nick, get your shoes on, and grab your jacket, or you’ll get cold.’ He grabbed the two motorcycle helmets from the top of the wardrobe, took Nick’s hand and opened the door. Nick took the black leather jacket that had long been his now from a hook by the door.

‘Not on my bike, you’re not!’ said Jason. ‘You’re not even old enough to have a license!’ But he wasn’t wearing his boots, and before he could get them on, Dave had dragged Nick to the driveway where Jason’s red Triumph stood.

He handed Nick one of the helmets and put the other one on himself. Then he sat on the bike and told Nick to get on behind him. ‘Just hold onto me, and lean the way I lean,’ he instructed, and before Nick could blink they had set off. He heard Jason shouting something, but he didn’t know what. He held Dave tightly around the waist. He only now noticed how his heart was pounding in his chest, and he realised that they were on a motorbike, that Dave didn’t have a license, and that they had no idea where they were going, but somehow, even though he should be terrified, he wasn’t. He trusted Dave.

After what might have been anywhere between twenty minutes and three hours, they pulled up outside a bed & breakfast.

‘Where are we?’ Nick asked.

‘Not sure,’ said Dave. ‘Along the M5 somewhere.’

‘How did you even know how to do that?’

Dave shrugged. ‘Jason taught me last summer. Bet he wishes he hadn’t, now . . .’

They headed inside.

* * *

Dave unlocked the door to their room. It was tiny, with a single bed and peeling wallpaper, but it was cozy enough. It would do. They’d had to argue with the receptionist for a while to let them share a single room. Ten quid had helped her give in.

Dave threw the key down on a small table next to the door and put the bike helmet next to it. Nick entered behind him. In his hands he held a few bags of crisps and two cans of coke from the machine in reception. They closed the door and locked it.

‘What happens now, then?’ asked Nick quietly, setting down their make-shift dinner on the table next to the key.

‘I don’t know,’ said Dave, earnestly. ‘We can worry about tomorrow tomorrow.’

They both took off their shoes and jackets. Then they turned to look at each other. Nick’s weary expression probably mirrored Dave’s own. Dave felt tired, defeated, vulnerable. His father knew. He hadn’t thought he cared what his father thought anymore. He’d been wrong. The angry, disappointed look on George Thompson’s face had hurt him more than he could ever have believed.

As though he could read Dave’s mind (and he probably could at this point, Dave thought), Nick put his arms around him, pulling him close. Then they looked at each other again, and their lips met. Dave couldn’t help the urgency with which he kissed Nick. He wanted to be as close as humanly possible. Needed it. Soon, he took complete control of the kiss and the embrace, and was slowly steering Nick through the room towards the bed. Nick pulled off his jumper as they went. When they made contact with the mattress and could go no further, Dave lowered Nick onto it.

Dave climbed on top of him, straddling his hips, looking down into his face. He grabbed Nick’s hands and held them up above his head. Then he leaned down and kissed him again, even harder and fiercer than before, biting at his lower lip. His lips moved from Nick’s mouth down to his neck, his tongue flicking out to caress his earlobe. Then he removed Nick’s t-shirt. One hand moved down to play with his nipples. Nick arched his back and moaned aloud, his eyes closed. Dave stayed his ministrations briefly so he could take off his own shirt. Then he got to work on Nick’s zipper.

He hesitated for a moment, and he looked into Nick’s eyes. ‘Are you okay with this?’ he asked. ‘I don’t want to push you, if it’s too soon after . . .’ He looked away. But Nick took Dave’s hand and guided it down to the waistband of his jeans, and Dave looked at him again. ‘If I start this, I don’t think I’ll be able to stop,’ he warned him.

‘I know,’ said Nick softly. ‘It’s okay. I don’t want you to stop.’ He smiled weakly.

Dave swallowed audibly and finished the job of removing Nick’s trousers. Nick didn’t break eye contact with him. Soon, only Nick’s pants remained. Dave hesitated again, so Nick shifted a little under him and removed his pants himself.

Dave broke eye contact and his gaze moved downwards. Drawing a ragged breath, he touched Nick for the first time.

‘Is . . . Is this okay?’ he asked, his voice a little shaky.

Nick nodded, not saying anything, biting his lip, and Dave stopped holding back.

* * *

They lay there panting for several minutes, neither of them moving. Then Dave got up, slowly. He went to the bathroom. Nick felt like he ought to have been nervous, being in this position for the first time. It ought to have felt awkward and strange. As a victim of sexual violence, wasn’t this supposed to bring back all the bad memories or give him a panic attack? It didn’t. It just felt natural and right. Dave’s hands and Dave’s mouth, it was everything he had ever wanted.

Dave returned with a wad of toilet paper so Nick could wipe his sticky stomach clean. Then they crawled under the moth-eaten duvet and lay there gazing at each other, utterly naked and exhausted, and happy.

Nick traced Dave’s jawline with his finger and Dave closed his eyes and sighed contentedly.

‘Dave?’ said Nick.

‘Mhm?’ replied Dave, sleepily.

‘I love you.’

Dave reached up and grabbed the hand caressing his face. He kissed Nick’s palm and looked into his eyes again. ‘I love you too,’ he said.

After that, they both fell asleep, though Nick woke again twice that night.

The first time, it was to Dave kissing his neck softly. Nick released a drowsy moan and draped his leg languidly over Dave’s hips. Then he kissed him, slow and unhurried, letting his hands roam over his body again, until they were both panting and rutting against one another, soon bringing each other off before drifting off again.

The second time was less pleasant, Nick waking with a jolt, sweating and sobbing, from dreams of large, calloused hands holding him down. His sobs roused Dave almost immediately, and his boyfriend held him in his arms, stroking his hair and kissing him softly until he calmed.

‘In Greek mythology, there’s this thing called nemesis,’ Nick mumbled when he could breathe normally again.

‘Like, enemy?’ Dave asked, lightly stroking Nick’s upper arm.

‘No, that’s a modern misunderstanding of the word,’ said Nick. ‘Nemesis was a goddess or spirit. Her name actually means “to give what’s due”. Nemesis was a sort of personified divine retribution, a punishment for hubris. Do you know what hubris means?’

‘Yeah, it’s like arrogance, right?’

‘Yeah, arrogance before the gods. Though actually, originally, it sort of meant sexual assault or victim shaming . . .’

‘All right, Nickypedia,’ Dave teased. He curled his body around Nick’s, pulling him closer. ‘This little philosophy debate going anywhere?’ he asked through a demonstrative yawn.

Nick shrugged. ‘I dunno. I guess, nemesis is kind of like karma. It’s about getting what’s coming to you. So if you’ve got it too good, if you’re too comfortable and you start taking life for granted, bad shit happens. Maybe that’s what’s happening to me, with my mum and Craig and everything. I was too happy, I had it too good.’

‘Hm.’ Dave sounded unconvinced. ‘Or maybe bad shit just happens sometimes. Maybe your nemesis is that things are going to get better now. Maybe that’s what you’ve got coming to you.’

Nick smiled a crooked smile, meeting Dave’s eye. He reached out and smoothed back Dave’s hair, and Dave closed his eyes for a moment, leaning into the touch. When he opened them again, they had that determined look, the one that said, ‘I can do anything.’

‘I’m gonna do everything I can to make sure you get your due,’ he murmured. ‘To make sure you get to be happy.’

‘You already make me happy,’ said Nick, smiling.

‘Good, that’s a start,’ said Dave. ‘You deserve to be happy. Now, go back to sleep.’

Nick closed his eyes obediently. He was almost asleep when Dave’s voice roused him once more.

‘Or maybe it’s my nemesis,’ Dave was muttering sleepily. ‘Maybe you’re my nemesis. I spent all this time acting an arrogant sod and being horrible to you, only to go and fall in love with you first chance I got. It would have been a cruel punishment . . .’ he yawned, ‘except you were in love with me, too. I don’t think the gods thought this one through . . .’ Then he seemed to drift off.

Nick smiled and shook his head. He listened to Dave’s steady breathing for a while and soon fell into a blissfully dreamless sleep.

* * *

The following morning, Nick picked up his phone to find that it had been switched off all night. Turning it back on, he discovered some twenty-odd missed calls from his sister. He sighed and shook Dave awake. Dave grunted and opened his eyes reluctantly. Nick showed him his mobile.

‘I guess you had better ring her,’ said Dave.

Nick did. It barely rang once.

‘Nick?’ Zoë’s voice sounded panicked. ‘Where are you? What’s going on? Are you all right?’

‘I’m fine,’ Nick assured her. He rubbed his eyes with his knuckles and yawned. ‘We’re both fine.’

‘Yes, but where are you?’

‘We’re at a B&B along the M5. We’re safe.’

‘We’re coming to pick you up.’

Nick’s heart sank. We? Could she mean her and Craig? ‘Who’s we?’ he asked, slowly.

‘Jason and I,’ Zoë replied. ‘He rang me when you ran off, I headed straight back. We’ve been up all night. God, we thought you must have crashed and died when we couldn’t get hold of you . . . I’m at the Thompsons’. We’ll come and get you, just give me the address.’

Nick breathed a sigh of relief and gave it to her. Then they bid each other goodbye.

Nick turned to Dave. ‘Zoë’s coming to get us, with Jason,’ he said. He took Dave’s hand, tracing circles in his palm with his index finger. ‘What are you going to do?’

Dave sighed. ‘I guess I’m going home to face the music,’ he said. ‘I can’t run away forever.’ He pulled Nick against him and Nick breathed in the scent of sweat and sex and, underneath it all, Dave, closing his eyes for a moment. Then he looked up at him.

‘They probably won’t get here for another hour at least,’ said Nick, trying for a wicked smile. ‘Wanna grab a shower?’

Dave cocked an eyebrow at him. Then he grinned. ‘Yeah, all right.’

He followed Nick into the bathroom and, for a little while, they both allowed themselves to forget to worry about what was to come.

* * *

The drive back was very quiet. Nick and Dave sat in the backseat holding hands. Nick supposed Zoë had been filled in on everything anyway, so there was no point in hiding it. He saw her glance at them in the rearview mirror occasionally.

Jason was riding his motorbike next to them or, occasionally, behind or in front of them. It was a bit like having a police escort, if police rode red motorcycles and wore black and red leather jackets.

They pulled up in front of Dave’s house and Jason went to park his bike. The front door opened and Dave’s mother appeared. Dave’s grip on Nick’s hand tightened a little.

‘I don’t want to go back,’ he whispered.

‘It’ll be okay,’ said Nick. ‘I mean, what can they actually do to you, other than ground you?’

‘You don’t know my dad.’ Dave sighed. He glanced uncomfortably at the back of Zoë’s head.

Nick smiled, leaned in and planted a kiss on his cheek. Dave turned his head around and kissed him lightly on the lips. Then he unfastened his seatbelt and got out of the car. Nick did the same and waved glumly to Dave before getting into the passenger seat. Zoë waved to Jason, and they drove off.

‘So,’ said Zoë. ‘You are gay.’

Nick nodded.

‘And you ran away because Dave’s parents got home early.’

‘Yes,’ said Nick.

‘That was very irresponsible of you,’ said Zoë, but she was smiling. ‘Was that what you wanted to talk to me about? You and Dave?’

‘That, too.’ Nick took a deep breath. He wasn’t sure how to broach the next subject. ‘Could you . . . could you pull over, please?’ he asked. Zoë did.

‘Right, then. What else?’ she said, turning towards him. Her smile quickly dissipated upon seeing the look on his face. ‘What’s going on?’ she asked.

‘It’s . . . It’s about Craig,’ said Nick, and before he knew it he was crying. ‘He . . . he’s done things . . .’ And then he was telling her everything, between ragged sobs, about what had happened when they had been alone in October, the fight, about Dave taking care of him in the park and how he had been the only one who knew the whole time. About the phone call with Dave a week ago, and how Craig had overheard. And the beating. And the rape.

When he got to that part, Zoë was sobbing too, and had grabbed hold of him and was hugging him tightly.

‘You’re so stupid! Why didn’t you tell me? I’m so, so sorry . . .’ she whispered. ‘This is all my fault!’

‘It’s not,’ Nick replied. ‘You didn’t know.’

‘No, but I should’ve done. I’m meant to be looking after you. I’m so sorry!’

Then she got out her phone and called the police.

Lyrics from Come Home are © Placebo.
There's been some discussions in the reviews for the last chapter, and I appear to have alienated some of my readers. I would like to thank those of you who have taken the time to tell me why you found what happened last chapter unacceptable, for your honesty and your openness, and I'm sorry that I've lost your readership (which means you're not reading this either, probably, but still).
However, I also feel the need to add, in the words of Oscar Wilde:

'Nothing makes one so vain as being told one is a sinner. Conscience makes egotists of us all.'

Copyright © 2013-2019 Thorn Wilde; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 8
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Playlist (YouTube)     Playlist (YouTube)     Playlist (YouTube)     Alan Matt Craig           Hubris reading order: Alan - after the final chapter of Nemesis: Because I Want You. Matt - between chapters 4 and 5 of Nemesis: Soulmates Never Die. Craig - after chapter 8 of Nemesis: Soulmates Never Die. Alan & Matt - after the final chapter of Nemesis: Soulmates Never Die. Patrick
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Glad Nick's okay. I'm surprised that their being outed came so early; hope Dave will be fine. Looks like an opportunity for Nick to take care of Dave this time.

Link to comment
On 05/13/2013 02:07 AM, atorusandanode said:
Glad Nick's okay. I'm surprised that their being outed came so early; hope Dave will be fine. Looks like an opportunity for Nick to take care of Dave this time.
Never underestimate the human mind's ability to rationalise, repress and move on. Nick is far from done with this, but for now he can function. Thank you for reading and commenting! :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

you lost readers :o .... guess they didn't like what they read.. aw well such is life :whistle:

another awesome chapter,the previous was great as well, the rape wasn't exactly unexpected, out of character for Craig i suppose, but i guess i didn't know everything about the guy.

they got found out :) ... bout time lolol....... we all knew it was coming, and i like how you did it, next chapter is sure to be great

Link to comment
On 05/13/2013 02:23 AM, Scarab said:
you lost readers :o .... guess they didn't like what they read.. aw well such is life :whistle:

another awesome chapter,the previous was great as well, the rape wasn't exactly unexpected, out of character for Craig i suppose, but i guess i didn't know everything about the guy.

they got found out :) ... bout time lolol....... we all knew it was coming, and i like how you did it, next chapter is sure to be great

Yeah, you win some, you lose some. It is how it is.

 

Craig has some pretty serious issues, one might say. More about him later on.

 

Not the nicest way of being discovered, but at least now it's out in the open, and most importantly, Zoë knows.

 

Thanks for reading and reviewing still! :)

Link to comment

I found your story a few weeks ago and got caught up very quickly for the story and great writing. Rather amused that some people are going to stop reading due to the content of the last chapter. Life isn't fair and many things can happen. I for one was expecting craig to do what he did at some point and you handled the writing about it perfectly--not graphic in your face. These are teenage boys and if they would be completely wise to the world there would be no story. I am enjoying your story because it is relating a journey and any sex is part of the story and not gratuitous keep up the great writing. Can't wait for the next chapters. Brad

Link to comment

Summarise my thoughts: Interesting take on Nemesis and how it relates to both characters overall. Had it not for this explanation, the original story title (the modern misunderstanding of the word) would have become irrelevant altogether.

 

Why are all protagonists good at sex the first time they do it? It's not just in your story, in the case for Dave. In all stories I have read on here, bar one, this has always been the case. Only one managed to have the slightest mishap for the first time. Well, this is food for thoughts!

 

Your descriptions, so far, are specific and pointed, except one in the opening paragraph of this chapter. I know Risk, but another obscure board game that even I don't know about and Nick can't remember the name of, or its content, is a vague description at best. It's fine if Nick hasn't heard of it, but it is far more satisfying for readers if we know what it is.

 

I know this story does not contain easy subjects and certainly poses certain difficulties to pull off convincingly. But the efforts are quite commendable. Finally the police are involved, and as they should be. Finally they had sex. Finally they got walked in on. So I see things are coming together. I do hope that George Thompson's coming back, and that there are no prior warnings from him or Jason, is somehow accounted for in the next chapter though.

 

Good work :).

Link to comment
On 05/13/2013 02:43 AM, Quiet man said:
I found your story a few weeks ago and got caught up very quickly for the story and great writing. Rather amused that some people are going to stop reading due to the content of the last chapter. Life isn't fair and many things can happen. I for one was expecting craig to do what he did at some point and you handled the writing about it perfectly--not graphic in your face. These are teenage boys and if they would be completely wise to the world there would be no story. I am enjoying your story because it is relating a journey and any sex is part of the story and not gratuitous keep up the great writing. Can't wait for the next chapters. Brad
Thank you, Brad! I'm glad you're still enjoying the story. With regards to the sex scenes, I'm glad you don't think they're too gratuitous. It's been hard to balance a certain degree of realism with not making it too porn-y. I happen to be a huge fan of erotica, and have been known to write it on occasion, so keeping from doing so now is actually quite difficult. :P But I'm glad I've been able to pull it off! Thank you for reading and reviewing still!
Link to comment
On 05/13/2013 02:45 AM, Circle said:
Summarise my thoughts: Interesting take on Nemesis and how it relates to both characters overall. Had it not for this explanation, the original story title (the modern misunderstanding of the word) would have become irrelevant altogether.

 

Why are all protagonists good at sex the first time they do it? It's not just in your story, in the case for Dave. In all stories I have read on here, bar one, this has always been the case. Only one managed to have the slightest mishap for the first time. Well, this is food for thoughts!

 

Your descriptions, so far, are specific and pointed, except one in the opening paragraph of this chapter. I know Risk, but another obscure board game that even I don't know about and Nick can't remember the name of, or its content, is a vague description at best. It's fine if Nick hasn't heard of it, but it is far more satisfying for readers if we know what it is.

 

I know this story does not contain easy subjects and certainly poses certain difficulties to pull off convincingly. But the efforts are quite commendable. Finally the police are involved, and as they should be. Finally they had sex. Finally they got walked in on. So I see things are coming together. I do hope that George Thompson's coming back, and that there are no prior warnings from him or Jason, is somehow accounted for in the next chapter though.

 

Good work :).

Thank you! <3 Sorry about the vagueness of the chapter opener. I've been trying to stay away from far too obscure references a little bit, or I get so caught up in them... But I might go back and change that.

 

When I started writing the story over ten years ago, it was Nemesis in the modern sense of the word. Enemy. Because they were enemies to begin with, and it was that simple. Then I learned what Nemesis actually meant, and that conversation appeared in my head. I've been carrying it around for years and only put it on paper a few weeks ago. Quite happy with how it turned out.

 

I don't think it's necessarily that the characters are good at it from the start. But in cases where both parties are entirely inexperienced, not to mention deeply in love, sex feels good even when the technique is shoddy. A pair of virgins going at it often have a much better time of it than more experienced couples, I think. For a 16-year-old boy who is liable to get a hard-on from watching paint dry, just having another person's mouth on them can be enough to get off, technique be damned. Frottage is just masturbation plus, and masturbation is something these boys are very good at. :P Nah, save the awkward, painful stuff for full-on, penetrative intercourse, I say.

 

I'm glad you're enjoying how it's all coming together. I'm so glad! Thank you for reading and reviewing again!

Link to comment

Surprising that people objected and stopped reading your story due to a something that happened. I actually think that chapter was well done, you knew it was just a matter of time before Craig flipped again. It wasn't overly descriptive which actually made the act that much harder to bear. The fact that they didn't go to the police..Hello 16 year old boys used to hiding their sex life and no one to really tell with Zoe gone. This chapter was done equally well good on Dave putting his Dad,so lights out and getting out of there. Probably not the best idea overall but probably the safest. I like the fact that Jason and Zoe got together to look for the boys and the fact that even after finding them they still stuck together. As to the Nemises aspect I like the way both explanation are applied in this story. The inaccurate one of enemies applied right from the beginning then slowly changed to the lesser known one. Though I do have to admit I think it applies more to Dave than Nick. Nick has never had an easy life where he would have a chance to get arrogant or such whereas Dave filled that bill quite easily. I can't say that I agree with the constant troubles that Nick constantly getting hit with its fast reaching a point that will be beyond his ability to bare soon even with Dave's loving support. But I think soon a time will come where the tables will be turned and Dave will need that love and support. We will see. Looking forward to seeing Craig getting his due.

Link to comment

Way to go, Dave. It's nap time for Papa, lol. Dave promised Nick that he was going to take care of him and that he did by knocking his father out cold. Another well done chapter.

Link to comment

Do you hate you main characters or something? Give them a break, already! Just dealt with a rape and now being outed. Talk about being dealt a bad hand!

Great chapter, though. But how on earth can a 16 year old get away with "borrowing" and motor cycle, let alone get a room at a B&B?

I guess Zoë will have to kick out Graig now so Dave has a place to stay. I don't see his father being ok with either him being gay or having been punched out. Trouble's not over yet.

Link to comment
On 05/13/2013 03:39 AM, Daithi said:
Surprising that people objected and stopped reading your story due to a something that happened. I actually think that chapter was well done, you knew it was just a matter of time before Craig flipped again. It wasn't overly descriptive which actually made the act that much harder to bear. The fact that they didn't go to the police..Hello 16 year old boys used to hiding their sex life and no one to really tell with Zoe gone. This chapter was done equally well good on Dave putting his Dad,so lights out and getting out of there. Probably not the best idea overall but probably the safest. I like the fact that Jason and Zoe got together to look for the boys and the fact that even after finding them they still stuck together. As to the Nemises aspect I like the way both explanation are applied in this story. The inaccurate one of enemies applied right from the beginning then slowly changed to the lesser known one. Though I do have to admit I think it applies more to Dave than Nick. Nick has never had an easy life where he would have a chance to get arrogant or such whereas Dave filled that bill quite easily. I can't say that I agree with the constant troubles that Nick constantly getting hit with its fast reaching a point that will be beyond his ability to bare soon even with Dave's loving support. But I think soon a time will come where the tables will be turned and Dave will need that love and support. We will see. Looking forward to seeing Craig getting his due.
I really want to put Craig away for a really long time... Unfortunately, statistically that would be a miracle without a confession, even if they did have evidence of sexual assault. I hate that it's so hard to get rapists convicted. Either way, it's a story for the sequel, as it generally takes a good long while for the Crown Prosecution Office to even decide to charge someone, let alone for a case to make it to court.

 

Dave is in for a shit storm of epic proportions, I can tell you that much. Maybe helping Dave deal with everything will be good for Nick, so he can get his mind off everything that's happened to him.

 

Thank you for your continued support! I'm glad you're sticking with the story. Only a few more chapters to go now! :)

Link to comment
On 05/13/2013 04:05 AM, CW Prince said:
Way to go, Dave. It's nap time for Papa, lol. Dave promised Nick that he was going to take care of him and that he did by knocking his father out cold. Another well done chapter.
Thank you! Dave couldn't stand seeing anyone else hurt his Nick anymore. He sort of lost it a little. :P I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Link to comment
On 05/13/2013 05:33 AM, Phoenix1977 said:
Do you hate you main characters or something? Give them a break, already! Just dealt with a rape and now being outed. Talk about being dealt a bad hand!

Great chapter, though. But how on earth can a 16 year old get away with "borrowing" and motor cycle, let alone get a room at a B&B?

I guess Zoë will have to kick out Graig now so Dave has a place to stay. I don't see his father being ok with either him being gay or having been punched out. Trouble's not over yet.

I do like to put my characters through hell, don't I? Welcome to DRAMA!! :P

 

I wouldn't say they got away with borrowing the bike... Jason's probably pretty pissed off right about now, and if they'd been pulled over by police there would have been hell to pay. As for the B&B, they did bribe the receptionist... :P

 

Zoë will definitely kick Craig out regardless. And you're right that their troubles are far from over. Thanks for your continued support! :)

Link to comment

Thank God Zoe's calling the cops. She's a terrific sister. She totally believes Nick (as she should), but I'm sure there are siblings out there who would believe their b/f or g/f before their brother or sister. So kudos to Zoe for believing Nick and for calling the cops to get his ass behind bars where he belongs.

 

I would not want to be Dave now. Not only is Jason pissed that he "borrowed" his bike, but his dad's gonna flip a shit when he walks in that house. Not only is his son a "poof" but his son knocked him out cold. Of course he's gonna blame the whole "poof" thing on Nick, thinking that Nick corrupted his son. He's definitely going to forbid Dave to have anything to do with Nick.

 

Looking forward to more fallout. :)

Link to comment
On 05/13/2013 12:15 PM, Lisa said:
Thank God Zoe's calling the cops. She's a terrific sister. She totally believes Nick (as she should), but I'm sure there are siblings out there who would believe their b/f or g/f before their brother or sister. So kudos to Zoe for believing Nick and for calling the cops to get his ass behind bars where he belongs.

 

I would not want to be Dave now. Not only is Jason pissed that he "borrowed" his bike, but his dad's gonna flip a shit when he walks in that house. Not only is his son a "poof" but his son knocked him out cold. Of course he's gonna blame the whole "poof" thing on Nick, thinking that Nick corrupted his son. He's definitely going to forbid Dave to have anything to do with Nick.

 

Looking forward to more fallout. :)

Zoë really loves Nick to bits. After all, she put her education on hold so that she could take care of him when shit hit the fan. She's an excellent human being.

 

Dave will have a lot to deal with in the next few chapters. Poor kid... His parents aren't exactly the most supportive of people.

 

Thank you so much for still reading and reviewing! :)

Link to comment

I knew that Zoe would be there for Nick. Blood is thicker than water and shit! I still wish the worst on Craig for what he did.

So, Dave is out to his dad by default. For some reason i feel that Jason being there will help the process of acceptance along. I am hoping there is love in Dave's dad heart. Maybe Dave knocked some into it. LOL Great chapter!

Link to comment
On 05/14/2013 11:05 PM, joann414 said:
I knew that Zoe would be there for Nick. Blood is thicker than water and shit! I still wish the worst on Craig for what he did.

So, Dave is out to his dad by default. For some reason i feel that Jason being there will help the process of acceptance along. I am hoping there is love in Dave's dad heart. Maybe Dave knocked some into it. LOL Great chapter!

Thank you! :) Dave's dad is a hard man... It'll probably take a lot for him to come around. He's the very antithesis of Zoë, really, whose love and acceptance knows no bounds.
Link to comment

Hi Thorne. I usually don't read reviews (and I haven't started here), but I read your comments about upsetting(and perhaps losing) some readers. Definitely their loss. A great story, sympathetically told. I look forward to finishing it and reading more of your work.

 

Stephen.

Link to comment
On 05/16/2013 02:04 AM, Stephen ODonohue said:
Hi Thorne. I usually don't read reviews (and I haven't started here), but I read your comments about upsetting(and perhaps losing) some readers. Definitely their loss. A great story, sympathetically told. I look forward to finishing it and reading more of your work.

 

Stephen.

Cheers very much, Stephen! Thank you so much for reading. I'm glad you've been enjoying the story. :)
Link to comment

Haha

Mr Wilde, for the first time in this story, I'ma gunna say I don't buy something! :P

Nah, it is not an impossibility, just something I kind of have my doubts about in this modern day and age. The fact I would point to, is the lads getting a B&B on their own at their age. Now argument could be made in several different ways, I accept that. They bribed the receptionist, they arrived on a motorbike they might have appeared more mature than expected. Lots of reasons to say yeah ok, maybe. But I do feel that part of the plot didn't live up to the well thought out plausibility of the rest of it.

Having said that, I do hope that is the last of the major drama, although I think Dave is going to have a hard time dealing with his "revelation" at home.

I could kiss Zoe for calling the police. So want to see Craig get what he deserves.

Loved the cuteness of their time together, the way you tell of there experience is delicate and clever. Enough detail, yet nothing vividly graphic. Superb.

And the wonderful little bit with the boys pondering the Nemesis factor of their friendship. Very cleverly brought into the dialogue mate.

Loved this chapter in so many ways. Great writing.

Link to comment
On 05/21/2013 12:18 AM, Yettie One said:
Haha

Mr Wilde, for the first time in this story, I'ma gunna say I don't buy something! :P

Nah, it is not an impossibility, just something I kind of have my doubts about in this modern day and age. The fact I would point to, is the lads getting a B&B on their own at their age. Now argument could be made in several different ways, I accept that. They bribed the receptionist, they arrived on a motorbike they might have appeared more mature than expected. Lots of reasons to say yeah ok, maybe. But I do feel that part of the plot didn't live up to the well thought out plausibility of the rest of it.

Having said that, I do hope that is the last of the major drama, although I think Dave is going to have a hard time dealing with his "revelation" at home.

I could kiss Zoe for calling the police. So want to see Craig get what he deserves.

Loved the cuteness of their time together, the way you tell of there experience is delicate and clever. Enough detail, yet nothing vividly graphic. Superb.

And the wonderful little bit with the boys pondering the Nemesis factor of their friendship. Very cleverly brought into the dialogue mate.

Loved this chapter in so many ways. Great writing.

Yeah, I know, the B&B thing was a little... eh. But, I'm gonna call it artistic license and let it stand. :P
Link to comment

I sometimes read reviews but very rarely. I read some from last chapter and your comment. Can´t say that I understand why people stopped reading. Any kind of violence is terrible but that happens in real life so why not in fiction. And you do write those scenes tactfully.

Dave did well protecting Nick from his father. :thumbup:

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Thank goodness that someone is finally telling the police.  I so wanted Dave to take Nick to a hospital emergency room right after Nick ran to him following the rape.  A doctor would have known exactly what medicine and the law require.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, everett Weedin jr said:

Thank goodness that someone is finally telling the police.  I so wanted Dave to take Nick to a hospital emergency room right after Nick ran to him following the rape.  A doctor would have known exactly what medicine and the law require.

 

It would have been the wisest course of action, but for a pair of teenaged boys who have never been taught what to do in that kind of situation, it probably wouldn't be the first thing to cross their minds, unfortunately. Thank you for reading and commenting!

Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..