Jump to content
    Xfighter1984
  • Author
  • 1,617 Words
  • 1,024 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Slice of Life - 19. Chapter 18 - When You Let Your Guard Down

“That would be strike three this week,” Kyle sighed unceremoniously plopping himself down onto Jasper’s sofa. “Why is having a good date such a chore to find?” he bemoaned as Jasper handed him a drink.

“That would probably have to do with your name being plastered everywhere and your collection of championship rings being on display,” Jasper chuckled. Kyle scoffed and tossed a pillow at Jasper. “So, how about I play matchmaker a little? There is this new guy at my office. With the influx of clients from the Galant partnership, we needed to expand a bit.”

“I am sure it cannot hurt; going off of our history, I suppose we do share similar preferences for men,” Kyle teased causing Jasper to stop mid-drink. “Before you go overthinking things, just know that I am fine with you pursuing him if that is what you choose to do; I mean I think that everyone present could see the sparks flying between you two,” Jasper shifted uncomfortably on the balls of his feet as he was not quite sure how things would progress with Xavier, if at all.

“Anyway, getting back to the topic at hand, I think this should work out well since he is already accustomed to dealing with higher profile clients,” Jasper said.

“How do you even know that he plays for the right team?” Kyle asked.

Jasper shrugged and smiled while taking a sip of his drink. “I have a bit of insider knowledge; he has not been onboard for very long, but he requests many of the LGBT-related clients.

****  

“Hey, boss you wanted to see me?”

Jasper looked up from the stack of papers scattered across his desk and smiled. “Alexander, the man of the hour, just the person that I was waiting for. We have a luncheon this afternoon with one of our most important clients; unfortunately, my executive assistant has other matters to address, so I will need you to be the stand-in.”

“Sure thing, I can rearrange my day for you, and I am sure that the others will understand seeing as it is coming from a partner. Please call me Alex,” once again he tried to give Jasper his best ‘come hither’ eyes that he could muster.

“And again, I will say that I keep things professional when it comes to business, Alexander, so that will be all for now but be sure to meet me outside the ocean-view conference room no later than two this afternoon,” Jasper let out a hopeful breath that this office crush would die down once he got Alexander set up with Kyle.

****  

“Try not to get too starstruck and be sure to do a thorough job,” Jasper whispered.

“We have had some big names come through these doors before, so I do not think that this is anything that I cannot handle,” Alexander’s words caught in his throat as his eyes caught sight of the basketball star himself casually spinning in an office chair chatting with two women of whom he was unfamiliar. He grinned to himself as he followed behind Jasper; the champ was known to be quite the playboy, and as Jasper had all but frozen him out, this might be an easier target to pursue.

“Would you stop that, I swear you are like a little kid,” Jessica swatted at Kyle as he spun around in the office chair waiting for the rest of the participants to arrive. “Even if it is Jasper, we still have to look the part of utmost professionalism.”

“If I knew you were going to be this much of a taskmistress, I would have sent Steve in my place,” Kyle teased as he dodges another swat from Jessica. As the duo bantered back and forth, Charity walked into the room laughing at the pair.

“Charity, it is always a pleasure. Please do not mind this oaf; it seems another championship ring just means more ego to deal with, and I must say that this room may not be big enough for us all,” Jessica laughed as she embraced Charity.

“I can hear you just fine with this big head of mine,” Kyle laughed as he too embraced Charity. “Where is the king himself?”

“Xavier will join us shortly; we are still dealing with the aftermath of the launch. We have had investors calling almost nonstop wanting in on the action, but of course, they are all scheming to marry someone off on him to inherit the ‘empire’,” Charity laughed.

As more members strolled in, Kyle locked onto a striking young man following behind Jasper if this was the man that Jasper had mentioned, he could say he approved.

“Once again, I thank you for your time; please feel free to stay and enjoy the catered meal and to continued success,” Jasper toasted.

Alexander attempted to navigate the crowd and made his way to the champ, but somehow, he had lost sight of him in the sea of people. He had all but given up when someone bumped into him from behind.

“Forgive me, I was engrossed in a conversation and not paying attention to where I was heading,” Kyle smiled down at him, turning on the charm.

“Oh, brilliant you have met Alexander. Kyle, this is one of our newcomers, he fills in where he can for the time being, but we are hoping to assign him to something more permanent,” Jasper winked at Kyle as he tapped glasses and moved on.

“So, you are one of Jasper’s new boys,”

“A glorified paper pusher at best, but it pays the bills for the time being, and I do get to meet all sorts of people and new perspectives.” Alexander lightly touched Kyle’s arm.

****  

“I do not think that Kyle understands the concept of dating,” Xavier whispered sneaking up on Jasper as he observed Kyle flirting with someone. He could not quite get a full view of the man, but if his body language was anything to judge, he was enjoying the attention.

“Well, fashionably late as ever, you missed my entire speech. If I am being honest, I was trying to pawn him off as he has taken too much of a liking to me; besides, I have my eye on someone else.”

Xavier tried to control his emotions, and he knew that any man would succumb to Jasper’s charm given the chance. “I hope it goes well for you, but between you and I, take a page from Kyle’s book and let them know what you want.” Xavier shrugged as he made an excuse to mingle with the crowd away from Jasper.

“Ouch, what was that for?” Jasper exclaimed turning to Jessica with a smirk on her face. “Love you too Jessica but that was one hell of a greeting.”

Jessica shook her head and placed her hands on her hips. “You boys, yes boys, are so dense. When it comes to this dating thing, you all suck or blow,” Jasper could not help but smile at her choice of words earning himself another swat on the head. “You know what I meant; anyway, can you not be so vague about how you feel and just be straight with the man? It is almost like watching paint dry waiting on you to make the move; you know Xavier certainly will not be doing it.”

Although Xavier developed into an outwardly confident man accompanied with desirable physical attributes in the professional setting, in his personal life, it was still easy for him to revert back to the shy individual from high school, when it came to matters of the heart. However, Jasper maintained his assertiveness but became more refined since high school.

****  

“I must say that you know how to wine and dine a guy,” Alexander cooed as Kyle opened his car door. They snuck away from the luncheon, opting for a more private meal together. “Though, I probably should at least let Jasper know before he goes looking for me.”

“What can I say, I appreciate the finer things in life that my career has afforded me. Do not worry about Jasper. I have a little bit of pull when it comes to the big man on campus at that firm,” Kyle smirked having sent a text to Jasper.

“I am not one to turn down fast cars, good food, and pleasurable company,” Alexander sat back to enjoy the luxurious ride when he spotted a book with Kyle on the cover. “I did not take you for the fashion type,” Alexander said as he began browsing through the catalog.

“That was a big deal for me, I am surprised that you do not know about the Galant launch of their new men’s line.”

“Fashion is not my cup of tea; I stick to sports and music, so things like this are not on my radar,” Alexander stated.

“You should tune into multiple avenues as you never know what opportunities will present themselves,” Kyle smiled thinking of his friends. He was brought out of his thoughts by a sudden gasp from the man beside him. Glancing over, he saw him stop on the photoshoot featuring Xavier.

Alexander shuddered and began to drool. Moments later, he composed himself as he looked at the spread before his eyes as he could recognize that face anywhere. How was he not aware?

He thought to himself that he was in heaven in the presence of three very attractive men – each in their own unique way. This was an opportunity of a lifetime, and he planned to gorge.

Closing the catalog, he thought how things just became a whole lot more interesting in his favor.

Copyright © 2017 Xfighter1984; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 6
  • Wow 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

A new character is introduced, and he likes being in the presence of very attractive men. What could possibly go wrong?  🤷🏼‍♂️

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..