Jump to content
    Xfighter1984
  • Author
  • 1,032 Words
  • 1,450 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Slice of Life - 5. Chapter 5 - Down the Rabbit Hole

“You know we really shouldn’t be doing this” Jasper said as gets up from the bed searching for his discarded pants.

“There is no harm in a little fun between friends, right?” Kyle answers as he licks his lips one last time while eyeing Jasper seductively.

“I don’t know how to feel about this, I am interested in getting to know Xavier.”

“Yet here you are in my room, but again I’m not here to judge I am only fulfilling what I offered,” Kyle says before laying back on his bed with a smile on his face. Yeah, if Xavier found out what he was doing there would be no coming back from this, but in the long run, it would all work out in his favor.

“Look just please keep this from getting out of hand, the moment things start to become real with Xavier this has to come to an end.” When Kyle didn’t respond Jasper finished securing his pants and left the room and out of Kyle’s house. He slammed his head against his steering wheel as he sat his Kyle’s driveway. “What am I doing?” He wailed.

  

****  

It was at that moment a car drove by noticing Jasper’s car in the driveway as a chill ran down her spine. Jessica had to do a double-take and couldn’t help but wonder what Jasper was doing over at Kyle’s. The car ride over to Xavier’s she contemplated if she should say anything about it. Another chill ran through her remembering her involvement in the whole mess last time and as she pulled into the driveway, she shook the thoughts from her head. It could be nothing and she could just be jumping to conclusions, no need to stir up trouble at this point.

“What took you so long!” Xavier screeched as he ripped the door open, having been waiting anxiously for her to show up. “It doesn’t matter just please get in here and help me get ready.” He called about before turning around and rushing inside.

Jessica smiled at her friend, a bittersweet feeling as she was still trying to get over the feeling in her gut. “Okay drama queen what have you got prepared for me?” She asked walking into Xavier’s bedroom with clothes scattered all over the place.

“Approachable yet unobtainable?” Xavier asked her as he held up one of the tightest pairs of jeans that he owned with a skimpy pair of underwear that would peak just out of the top if he lent forward. Before Jessica could respond the look on his face soured and he tossed the outfit to the side. “That will just make me look like a desperate slut. This sucks I don’t have anything to wear,” Xavier moaned.

Jessica stifled a laugh at his mini tantrum before moving through his closet and picking out what she figured would be the perfect outfit. “Now what do you think about this?” She asked causing him to look up a grin across his face.

“I love it; why didn’t I think of that before?”

“I am simply genius and let’s face it your fashion sense depends on me and me alone.” Jessica laughed before placing the outfit on his bed and bringing her friend into a hug. “You are going to be fine; you are the sweetest person I know who can be a real firecracker when he wants to be. If he doesn’t see it then he is crazy and we simply move on.” She used her thumb and wiped the tears away that were starting to form in his eyes.

“I know I can be a pain sometimes, but thank you for being there for me.” Xavier pulled her back into a hug and sighed. Jessica again couldn’t help the nagging feeling in her gut. Her best friend played the part of walking around seemingly unbothered, but after the events of last year, he was far more delicate than he let on. She could only hope that the feeling she was having was wrong and he had a true chance to be happy.

“Would you stop that you look fine,” She yelled as she slapped his hands away. “If you go and try to change your shirt one more time, I am tying you to the door until it is time for you to leave.” Jessica laughed at Xavier who just couldn’t seem to keep still.

“I know I am just nervous. I haven’t been on a real date like this since…” They were interrupted by the sound of a car pulling into the driveway and Xavier physically stiffened.

Jessica shoved him forward before making her way to the door. “Would you cut that out already, I told you everything is going to be fine.” She said as she opened the door to Jasper on the other side who had his hand raised to ring the doorbell. “Well good evening, sir, and with that, it is time I made my exit.” She stopped just after walking past Jasper before in a whisper only loud enough for him to hear, “You hurt him and there won’t be a place you can run to escape me.” Jasper felt his blood run cold as he turned to look at her over his shoulder, but she simply smiled at him and left them alone.

“Wow, you look amazing,” Jasper says as he walks up to Xavier pulling him into a hug. He is filled with a warm feeling as the smaller boy buries his face in his chest before pulling back and planting a chaste kiss on Jasper’s cheek.

“Thank you, and you don’t look so bad yourself,” Xavier answered feeling his face run a little warm.

“We have dinner reservations so let’s hit the road, I’m looking forward to the evening with you,” Jasper said before offering his hand to Xavier. Xavier took his hand and let himself be led to the car. Enjoying the feeling of their hands intertwined, there was a touch of sadness when they had to break the connection to get in the car; however, once seated Jasper again reached for his hand and looked over at Xavier and smiled.

“Shall we go?” Not wanting to spoil the moment with words Xavier offered Jasper a nod and smile.

Copyright © 2017 Xfighter1984; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Love 4
  • Wow 3
  • Angry 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

At present, it appears that Xavier is in an all around bad situation. Clearly, Kyle and Jessica were involved in the betrayal. Although Xavier is still upset as he should be, Kyle appears to have a dismissive attitude seeming to think that an apology and shifting blame will resolve the hurt of betrayal. The truth is that the relationship will likely never return to baseline.

However, Jasper is not helping the situation and is likely an unwitting pawn in the drama. As is always the case, he will likely feel the wrath of all parties as an interloper when an infliction point is reached.

Kyle clearly has issues, but I suspect that he is seeking Jasper as a way to keep Xavier single so that he can have an opportunity to rekindle their relationship. This story so far illustrates why it is a bad idea to cross the line from friendship to relationship as some may succeed, but others will likely fail including the destruction of foundational friendship. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Run Xavier...run...run for the hills...what a colossal pair of D-bags Kyle and Jasper are....the Jury is still out on Jessica...

I mean...WTF???

Is Jasper also that fricking shallow???

“You know we really shouldn’t be doing this” Jasper said as gets up from the bed searching for his discarded pants.

“There is no harm in a little fun between friends, right?” Kyle answers as he licks his lips one last time while eyeing Jasper seductively.

“I don’t know how to feel about this, I am interested in getting to know Xavier.”

“Yet here you are in my room, but again I’m not here to judge I am only fulfilling what I offered,” Kyle says before laying back on his bed with a smile on his face. Yeah, if Xavier found out what he was doing there would be no coming back from this, but in the long run, it would all work out in his favor.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..