Jump to content
    Xfighter1984
  • Author
  • 1,400 Words
  • 1,025 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Slice of Life - 20. Chapter 19 - What Hides in the Shadows

“How did it go?” Jasper asked sipping his coffee across the table from Kyle.

Kyle blushed, pretending to be distracted by something on his phone. Kyle looked up at Jasper who stared back at him with a raised eyebrow expecting a response. Kyle tossed his phone, “Alright fine, yes, it went great. We clearly have an eye for the same type of guy – go figure. We hung out a few times, and the sex was great, but I do not know if this is just a fling or could be something more, so I am keeping my guard up.”

“Hey nothing wrong with that as you have been out of gossip columns’ eye for a while, so you deserve a little mystery behind closed doors, I suppose,” Jasper patted Kyle on his shoulder.

“Enough about me, tell me that you have officially made a move on Xavier,” Kyle bounced back ready for an onslaught of juicy details.

However, it was Jasper’s turn to look away unable to make eye contact; Jasper knew that being stuck in his own head was preventing him from making a tangible move. Kyle leaned back observing his friend with a critical eye.

“Well, that explains everything,” Kyle said, catching Jasper’s attention.

“Explains what?”

Kyle smirked picking his phone up and calling Jessica. “Hey Jess, it’s exactly as you thought. Bone head one and bone head two are clearly not on the same page,” Kyle chuckled before placing Jessica on speaker, and she was planning to give Jasper a proper verbal lashing.

“Can someone please explain to me what is going on? These cryptic conversations are grating on my nerves,” Jasper hissed.

Jessica commented, “Oh, the big man does not like vague and cryptic hints. Go figure – considering this is the exact thing that you are currently doing to Xavier,” Kyle and Jasper flinched back from the phone.

“You both forget Xavier’s self-confidence when it comes to guys he likes sank to the gutter, no thanks to either of you. Although it is true that he has come a hell of a long way since that time, you must remember, Jas, you are still an old wound.” Jessica said softly. “I am only telling you this for your own good, but Xavier has all but convinced himself that you are involved with someone else.”

Jasper slid back into the couch and groaned as he mashed his face between his hands.

Kyle offered him a sympathetic look as he placed a hand on his shoulder. “No time like the present is what I like to say, but you and I both know that he is probably throwing himself into work to keep from thinking about it.”

Jasper sighed again knowing Kyle was probably right, and between all their schedules, it was not like there was much time to fix the mess he created.

****  

Alexander was more than pleased with himself; although the tabloids never did Kyle any justice, he was one hell of a lover and enjoyed Kyle keeping their meetings out of the limelight, which made his plans all that simpler to enact. Alexander smoothed out his clothes and fixed his hair in the mirror as he prepared to take on his next target.

“Long day,” Alexander asked catching Jasper making his way back to the office.

“You could say that we are still inundated with requests, contracts, and negotiations stemming from the Galant deal. It is great for business, but it sure leaves me drained by the end of the day.” Jasper remarked.

“Take a load off for a bit and let me help you ease some of the tension away,” Alexander cooed.

Jasper raised an eyebrow at his young colleague. “I am sure you are aware Kyle is a good friend of mine.” Alexander held his hands up in defense.

“Oh, you have got that wrong, I mean I can work some of the knots out of your shoulders; everyone likes a good massage,” Alexander recovered quickly trying to keep his plan from falling apart.

“Forgive me for being presumptuous, in this line of work, everyone always has a motive,” Jasper sighed removing his jacket and sitting back in his chair. Alexander was right, he did enjoy a good massage. Jasper thought to set a reminder to book one soon. As he sat back with his eyes closed, Alexander began kneading and caressing his shoulders, Jasper could not help but let out a quiet moan at the unexpected ministrations.

“Sounds like I hit the nail on the head, you are super tense and that cannot be good for your health,” Alexander whispered in his ear.

Jasper was lost in the sensation being brought about by Alexander’s hands that he was unaware there had been an audience; however, from the corner of his eye, Alexander knew exactly who was present, and given the obstructed view, he shifted slightly to make things appear more...intimate. Alexander smiled to himself when he saw the figure runoff, and suddenly, the next part of his plan was materializing. He was aware there seemed to be some chemistry between these individuals, and he knew that he would need to cause a bit of chaos so that these men would be ripe for his picking.

****  

Xavier hurried out of the building unable to process his feelings. He had every intention to let Jasper know how he was feeling, in the past few weeks since the event, he thought that he could feel them getting closer, but doubt started to creep into his mind ever since Jasper had mentioned he had his eye set on someone. At first, Xavier was sure he was just being a tease, and Jasper was referring to him, but after witnessing what was going on with an unfamiliar guy in the office, Xavier was now sure he had missed the mark.

“Perfect timing, I was hoping I would catch you before you left for the day. I just received the new order from...” Charity stopped in her tracks as she watched her boss rush past her in disarray, and what she could have sworn were tears. She was stunned to silence as she could never recall a time when anything had broken Xavier down. She tucked the folder back under her arm opening her phone as she rushed back to her office. “Jessica,” Charity stated firmly as she closed her office door.

****  

Jasper just finished booking an appointment with his favorite masseur deciding to turn it into a couple's massage with Xavier, when suddenly, there was a murderous pounding on his door.

“What in the hell,” Jasper asked as he opened his door, only to come face to face with a wild-eyed Jessica. He was barely able to grab a hold of her before her bag contacted his face. “Jessica, what the hell,” he yelled securing her arms above her head as she continued to attempt flailing at him.

“You bastard! Why would you lead him on if you were intent on seeing other guys? You of all people to do it to him, again.”

“Jessica, again, what the hell are you talking about. Can you chill out for just a minute and tell me what is going on?”

Jessica relaxed and slumped over; the wind finally cut from her sails as she looked up at him. “He saw you. He saw you with some guy. Now, he is distraught after he saw some guy kissing your neck preparing to go down on you in your office. Clearly, you were too lost in passion to recognize your surroundings.”

Jasper helped her over to his couch; he grabbed her shoulders and looked her in the face. “Jess, have you lost your mind, I am crazier about him now than when we were younger. Why would I do something like that, besides when would he have...Oh no.” Jessica looked up at him with a questioning look. “He must have seen Alexander; he was just giving me a shoulder rubdown – going on about how I needed a good massage. In fact, I just booked a couple’s massage, and I was planning to take Xavier. Uh-oh, this is not good, clearly, there has been a misinterpretation, and I need to fix this.” Suddenly, the severity of the situation hit him as blood rapidly rushed from his head causing him to feel sick.

Copyright © 2017 Xfighter1984; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Wow 6
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 3/30/2022 at 6:53 PM, jaysalmn said:

Maybe it's just me, but letting an assistant give u a massage sounds totally inappropriate. I'm sure HR would have a thing or two to say to Jasper. Not sure he's changed quite as much as we think.

I must say that for someone so interested in his long lost love, he is broadcasting total availability. He’s either very dense to have not learned from his first time with Xavier, or he has absolutely no willpower.

Unfortunately, this doesn’t bode very well for Jasper as this chance at recapturing his love interest, just like the original pursuits of dating in high school, it’s just not the time to be playboy with others and then expect to say “oh hey, are you interested….now?”

Alexander needs to be nurtured for his betrayal of trust and for spoiling the natural course of love; that’s most unforgivable as he is playing intentionally with others’ hearts and emotions. Such betrayal and lack of trust/respect tells me he gets the big ole boot out the door! 😡 

Edited by Philippe
  • Love 4
Link to comment
On 4/1/2022 at 12:53 AM, Philippe said:

I must say that for someone so interested in his long lost love, he is broadcasting total availability. He’s either very dense to have not learned from his first time with Xavier, or he has absolutely no willpower.

Unfortunately, this doesn’t bode very well for Jasper as this chance at recapturing his love interest, just like the original pursuits of dating in high school, it’s just not the time to be playboy with others and then expect to say “oh hey, are you interested….now?”

Alexander needs to be nurtured for his betrayal of trust and for spoiling the natural course of love; that’s most unforgivable as he is playing intentionally with others’ hearts and emotions. Such betrayal and lack of trust/respect tells me he gets the big ole boot out the door! 😡 

Damn autocorrect…needs to be neutered not nurtured! Neuter that pick and kick his ass to the curb; conniving with love and emotions is unforgivable in my book!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..