Jump to content
    Xfighter1984
  • Author
  • 1,372 Words
  • 1,222 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Slice of Life - 11. Chapter 11 - Money Maker

“Heads up big boy, your buddy is back in the tabloids.”

Jasper looked up at his colleague with confusion on his face; several keystrokes on his laptop, and he knew exactly what his colleague was referencing.

A gossip column headlined, “Five-time champion, successful in the arena, but terrible in his love life… more to come.”

Jasper leaned back and threw his legs up on the edge of his desk as he laughed to himself. “The champ has always been a magnet for trouble, I suppose; it is times like this that I am grateful he is not one of our clients,” Jasper commented.

“You and me both buddy, remember, we have a big presentation at noon today regarding a big announcement that will allegedly affect some of our clients’ sponsorship deals.”

This should be interesting, Jasper thought to himself as he read over the gossip column one last time. Jasper knew back in his early days of college that he would not pursue a career as a professional athlete; however, his natural charisma and negotiation prowess made him quite successful as a talent agent working primarily with actors and athletes. Of course, his devilish good looks did not hurt landing high-dollar deals.

“Are we receiving preferential treatment with THAT fashion brand?” Jasper shouted, causing his colleagues to look at him strangely. “Sorry, I mean how did we manage to land that deal?”

“The new lead talent scout reached out to us; rumor has it, they are trying a new direction, and to be honest, our clients do tend to be on the higher end of the spectrum when it comes to attractiveness. Also, they sent over a preview of their latest catalog, which we should receive by the end of the week.”

The remainder of the meeting was a bit of a blur for Jasper as he was lost in his thoughts. They barely had any contact, but he followed Xavier’s career, which was nothing short of an overnight sensation when he exploded onto the scene leading a little unknown company.

****  

“So, you are like a big shot agent, right? Do you think that you could see this face on the big screen?”

Jasper sighed, this date like so many before just appeared to be another nobody looking for their fifteen minutes of fame using him as a steppingstone. Jasper had tried them all from dating apps to matchmakers, but somehow, they always ended up the same.

“You have an extensive portfolio, so send them over to the office, and I am sure someone will take a look,” Jasper rolled his eyes as he finished the last of his wine and signaled for the waiter to bring the check. “The meal is on me, thank you for spending the evening with me.”

Throwing his keys on the table, Jasper kicked off his shoes and planted himself on the sofa just as his cat jumped up and landed on his stomach. “Hey there pretty girl, looks like it is still just you and me for a while,” Jasper contemplated as he scratched her behind the ears. He picked up his phone hesitating to call. Would he even pick up, or would the call just be routed to one of his many assistants?

****  

“He’s got a style and grace uniquely his own, and his eyes are to die for,” the talk show host gushed as an enlarged picture of Xavier was present behind her. Xavier, the CEO of the Galant brand, has been making waves in the industry. Sources say that they are gearing up for a big launch, but we have not been able to confirm any details.

“Jasper, the big man in charge wants you in his office pronto,” said one of his colleagues.

Jasper collected his laptop and portfolio as he rushed to his boss, Harold’s corner office. “Yes, Saturday will be fine,” he waved for Jasper to enter his office while continuing his conversation. His boss continued, “I think that will be easy enough to arrange, and I have the perfect guy in mind...Of course, his track record is pristine, and he has secured several well-known clients within the last six months...I understand that I will make sure that all arrangements are set.” Harold got up from his chair and poured himself a scotch before turning towards Jasper stating, “My boy, you are about to make the deal of the century.” Jasper looked at him with a raised eyebrow waiting for him to elaborate. “That was Galant Industries and they want to review a portfolio of your best clients, so you have a meeting with Charity this weekend. I have booked the best dining experience in town all-expenses paid, and all you have to do is seal the deal.”

“The lead talent scout? There must be one hell of a deal on the table for you to go all out like this,” Jasper commented. He was ready to work his magic. Charity had not been in the role for long, but her reputation already proceeded her as she was quite savvy and if she was not impressed, she did not bring anything back to the board, so this was their only shot, and it was thrown into his lap.

****  

He checked his watch. Jasper always held being punctual in high regard having never been late to any of his client’s meetings. He was early and decided to calm his nerves with a drink from the bar.

“What can I get you darling,” the flamboyant bartender batted his eyes at the sexy man dressed to kill.

“Something smooth and tasty,” Jasper smirked, as he licked his lips causing the bartender to blush.

“You got it handsome.” The bartender made his drink.

Jasper casually sipped his drink before the master of the house called that his table was ready.

“You are as charismatic as they say,” an elegant woman stated as she approached his table.

“You must be Charity,” Jasper pulled her chair out and kissed the top of her hand before helping her get seated. “A charmer and a gentleman, oh my, you must have everyone eating out of the palm of your hand,” she smiled. “I am sure you are aware of the circumstances surrounding our meeting; I will be upfront with you; we are seeking a mutually beneficial arrangement between your firm and our agency. In short, we would like to have an open channel of new fresh faces both to and from your firm, however, be aware that your clients will be subject to our strict standards.”

Jasper was impressed as everything he had heard about Charity was right on the money. “Of course, the same would be true of any potential clients that you were to send our way, in the event that our talent is more desirable than yours, how would this arrangement benefit our firm to the fullest?” Jasper inquired.

By the time the desserts were served, they reached an arrangement that would fit the needs of both parties. Jasper knew Harold would be pleased as a meeting of the heads was all but assured.

“This has been a lovely evening Jasper, and my intuition has never let me down, so I would wager that you do not play for my team meaning that I would be barking up the wrong tree,” she smiled. “However, that makes this next part rather easy as our company has a rather noticeable image, and before your firm is placed before us, we want to be sure that we are working with open-minded individuals.” Charity retrieved the preview of their latest catalog, which featured Xavier in a sensual pose on the cover.

Jasper’s eyes went wide, and his breath caught in his throat as he held the catalog in his hands. “I heard that he did not do branding material, so this is a surprise,” Jasper swallowed.

“This is quite true; however, I was able to convince him to treat us to one full shoot as the flagship for our new launch, and I have a feeling that it will be a big hit,” Charity smiled as she ate a spoonful of desert watching as Jasper’s eyes were filled with intensity and never leaving the cover.

Copyright © 2017 Xfighter1984; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Love 13
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

After all of these years, Jasper is still attracted to Xavier. I wonder what will come of it as it appears that they will meet at some point regarding the possible business venture. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I wonder how the reunion of Jasper and Xavier will go and then, somehow, Kyle will have to be added into that reunion?!  Just in case, I hope Xavier kept his "escape" convertible!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Oh Xavier...just what did you do in a former life to piss off the gods???

If you can't run Xavier...keep your freaking distance, no freaking good will come from any of this...Your former friends??? Think of them like snakes and as a leopard can't change it's spots...a snake is always a freaking snake...it's their nature!!

Sell the company...retire somewhere far, far away...Run Xavier!!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..