Jump to content
    Xfighter1984
  • Author
  • 1,499 Words
  • 1,295 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Slice of Life - 14. Chapter 13 - Is There Still a Chance

Kyle groaned clutching his head from a hangover-induced headache. He nearly leaped out of his skin when his hand brushed up against another body lying next to him in his bed. Slowly pulling the blanket back revealed the perfectly sculpted body of the waiter that he had been hitting on from Galant’s event.

Throwing on a pair of shorts, Kyle grabbed his cell phone walking onto his balcony letting the sights and sounds of the city wash over him. When he felt a pair of arms wrap around his torso. “Who would have guessed the superstar basketball champ was a switch hitter,” the man cooed in Kyle’s ear as he shifted and started nibbling on his neck.

Kyle froze as the man’s words sank in causing him to become upset as the thought consumed him. “What do you mean? Sorry, I was a bit out of sorts last night...” Kyle replied.

“You were on fire if you ask me. I had three rounds with the champ and a chance to tap that athletic ass. It was a dream come true for this fan and maybe one day, you will let me get my hands on that video,” he smiled with lust in his eyes. He kissed Kyle on the cheek before disappearing back inside to presumably get dressed. Slowly reaching back, Kyle confirmed one of his worst fears when his hands ran through a slippery substance between his crevice along with a dull ache. “Feel free to call me anytime; I am always up for another round with the champ.”

Kyle dropped himself onto his couch and tossed his head back as he tried to put the pieces back together after Jasper tossed him into that car. It slowly came back to him – the party, the car ride, and the sex. As he spiraled down memory lane, his eyes landed on the gift bag from the event and a copy of the catalog with Xavier posed on the front cover. Again, he felt his anger rising rapidly within him looking at Xavier show off to the world what was supposed to be his, but as quickly as it came, his anger began to fade as hot tears streamed down his face. Xavier has this effect on him.

“What is wrong with me?” Kyle asked aloud. In his moment of clarity, Kyle abruptly rose to his feet scouring his condo hoping he had not broken one of his own cardinal rules. Opening his phone, he became panic stricken; not only did they forego protection, but he also made several videos from their various couplings. A fresh stream of tears ran down his face as he watched and listened to himself as he stared directly into the phone, “This was supposed to be you,” he said before focusing the camera of himself on the receiving end of the waiter’s lust.

Kyle could barely contain his disgust. All morning, he replayed the videos until he could not take it anymore. Kyle tossed his phone across the room as he drank vodka straight from the bottle. In his mind, he knew what he was doing was wrong, but he just wanted to dull the pain and take so much back. He looked up at the ceiling as his world started to go black; the sound of his ringing phone in the distance was the last thing that he heard as he faded away.

****  

“The man of the hour,” Jasper looked up from his computer in shock as Harold barreled into his office and slammed his bottle of scotch on his desk. “I knew that you were the right one to put on this contract, as such, I have decided for the remainder of our partnership with Galant that you will be the man in charge.” Harold was at eye level with Jasper. With his face and tone deadly serious, Harold stated, “Remember, every decision you make from this point forward will affect the firm. You seal the deal and that corner office you wanted is yours.” Jasper let out an audible gulp as he locked eyes with Harold; if what he was implying was indeed true, this was Jasper’s big chance.

“I would be honored sir; I can assure you that I will not let you down.” Jasper nodded.

Harold smiled as he poured two celebratory drinks. “What is all this sir nonsense,” he laughed as they tapped glasses. “I had all the necessary arrangements made and forwarded to Charity. She will be in touch with you moving forward, unless otherwise required.”

Jasper was on cloud nine as he walked out of the office; he was about to reach his car when a distraught woman walking towards the front door caught his attention. “Jessica?” Jasper called out.

****  

“Charity, I must say that you surpassed my expectations. From the preview event alone, we have received several offers for exclusive rights to host and sell our new collection.” Xavier shuffled through various reports and offers scattered around his desk. “Also, this partnership is absolute genius. I already approved the contract, and you should have it with all required signatures by end of the day.” Charity filled with joy as Xavier praised her efforts.

“Why not arrange an official signing here at the office? They just sent the offer to the liaison to work out the details and will have direct contact to get it approved quickly on their end. Harold is old school but very efficient.” Xavier quickly agreed to Charity’s suggestion when David buzzed his office line.

“Boss, the model you requested is here. Shall I send her up,” David inquired.

“Thank you, David, go ahead and send her through. Charity if you would excuse me,” Xavier pronounced.

“Of course, I will make the arrangements and be sure to have the meeting added to the office calendar,” Cheryl stated while exiting his office.

Xavier was lost in thought for a moment when he was interrupted by a knock. “Ah, Cheryl glad you could join me on such short notice.”

Cheryl nervously took a seat trying to look anywhere but at the man before her. “I appreciate the opportunity; you can be sure that I will work my hardest to properly represent the brand.” She fiddled with her purse before she continued. “About what happened, I just...”

Xavier interrupted her, “That is from a time long since passed, I do not let such things get in the way of success.” Xavier offered her a smile which served to calm her nerves.

“For what it is worth, I never knew and did not mean to hurt you. After everything went down, I know you kept your distance back then, but every day that has gone by, Kyle regrets losing you from his life. Long before you two were dating, you were always thick as thieves, and no one could keep either of you apart from the other.” Cheryl walked around his desk pulling him into a hug. “You may not be ready to hear this, but I think that Jasper was and still is crazy about you. I hope one day to find someone who looks at me with love in their eyes the way he did back at the preview event.”

Cheryl’s words left Xavier in a daze; he was unaware that Jasper was in the same city let alone at his event. He knew Kyle’s whereabouts simply because he could not stay out of the news, but Jasper had faded into the distance and appeared to disappear.

Xavier was wrapping up his day when David rushed to hand over his cellphone. “This has been at my desk all day,” He huffed as he handed over the device.

Xavier smiled and thanked David as he headed out to his car. Opening his phone, he realized that he had several missed calls and voicemail messages; he shrugged and connected the phone to his car and played the messages. The next few minutes were filled with a very drunk and angry Kyle who was present at the preview as well; however, it was the last message, which caught Xavier’s attention. Kyle stated, “It is not okay. I am not okay. The last time that I felt this low was when I watched you walk away. I lost more than my boyfriend all those years ago; I lost my best friend.” Kyle sobbed.

Kyle’s voice was filled with genuine regret, sadness, and extreme pain. After all these years and success, Kyle was still wounded with no signs of healing as a critical part of him was missing. Xavier sat stunned in silence as thoughts ran through his head. Xavier’s eyes brimmed with tears. After Kyle cut him deep, he promised that no one would ever get a chance to do it again. They both lost something precious that day as Xavier came to the realization that they did indeed love each other but as friends; more deeply, they were inseparable almost like...brothers.

Copyright © 2017 Xfighter1984; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 9
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 4
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

How did Kyle and Jasper get this far and reach the heights of their careers with all this baggage?

Kyle is a self-destructive basket case who just had unprotective sex with a stranger and filmed it while totally drunk. He is hurting and cannot help himself. He is going to fall soon if things do not change.

Xavier is a smart, handsome self-made man with great people and business skills who is achieving now more than he has expected. He forgot and moved beyond his high school mess.

Now, Xavier learns that the two guys who hurt him and has not considered are back in his life: one in a new business relationship and the other as a pained, crying out " brother." Both miss him.  Kyle wants him back while he is still acting as a sex crazed man whore who gets in the news often. Jasper needs him to earn his big promotion and cannot mess anything up with Xavier. He could be friends with Xavier--like Cheryl is with him.

Xavier is not in love with either man. Apparently, they each want a different type of relationship and they will approach it differently; I assume. It will be very interesting to find out how Xavier handles them both.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Run Xavier...run for the freaking hills!!! No good can possibly come from any type of relationship with the a-holes of your past!!!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2
Link to comment

Xavier has a lot to think about. I disagree that Xavier does not love either of them. I feel that at some level he still has feelings for them. He gave them a chance toward redemption around graduation. Now, whether or not he desires a romantic relationship with either of them is unknown at this time.

People make mistakes especially immature high schoolers, so I cannot say for sure if they should be condemned permanently at this time, but if they continue their shenanigans, they should be cut off permanently.

It is clear that Kyle has problems. Maybe, his problems stem from losing everything that had meaning to him despite his professional success. 

Edited by J.El
  • Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

Sorry, but I don't feel one bit bad for Kyle. He was a d-bag in high school, and has obviously continued to be into adulthood. I don't know what to think about Jasper. He didn't earn any points hanging out with Kyle throughout high school. To be honest, I don't think either has redeemed themselves to the point that I would ever allow them back into my life if I were Xavier. Of course, I also come from a family who can hold a grudge to their grave! Lmao!!!

  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, jaysalmn said:

Of course, I also come from a family who can hold a grudge to their grave! Lmao!!!

Yikes! Carrying a grudge to the grave is a very long time!

  • Wow 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..