Favorite Gay themed Movies.

BeaStKid

I saw this thread where every1 was discussing their fav TV shows....so i thought why not discuss gay themed movies???

Here's my list---

1. Jeffrey

2. Eating Out

3. Brokeback Mountain

4. Dante's Cove

5. Green Plaid Shirt

6. Latter Days

What say guys??

bsk

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark gets a lot of gay movies through Netflix, can't think of most of the names right off hand, will have to check tonight. They have tons of gay movies you can't find anywhere else.

Mark gets a lot of gay movies through Netflix, can't think of most of the names right off hand, will have to check tonight. They have tons of gay movies you can't find anywhere else.

Morganx:

Really?? Netflex got gay movies??

Baby Evan

All time favorite movie ever: To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar.

84m.jpg

Close runner up: Imagine Me & You.

99m.jpg

Slutty Summer was really good for the cheese ball factor and especially when you're in the modd to laugh at... how to put this nicely...not the best acting.

Sugar was...interesting. We'll just leave it at that.

Dorian Blues, once again, cute cheese ball factor.

Poster Boy I really want to watch over again, I was distracted the first time around so I don't even remember a good portion of the movie.

I know I've seen more movies than that (Working at a movie store for a summer will do that to you) but I can't remeber anything else blatantly gay themed. I know of a couple that are gay vague, but whatever. Enjoy.

• Site Administrator

I haven't seen that many gay-themed films. The most memorable for me would be The Sum of Us, which happens to be Australian as well as staring a very young (and cute) Russell Crowe (he plays gay son, looking for someone while putting up with his dad's interference).

I didn't like Brokeback Mountain but that was for purely personal reasons. I thought it was a good film, but it disturbed me too much because of my personal situation.

I wanted to see Head On but I was still in the closet at the time it came out and I couldn't make myself go see it.

Oh, I thought Sommersturm was adorable..

Um.. There's this one I saw... I can't remember the title... About two British kids, who are neighbors... And there's lots of Mamma Cass songs in it...lol

Its a good movie, but its just been so long since I've seen it.

If you're looking for a funny, not so serious movie, the Birdcage is great.

Well, besides the REALLY good ones already listed here : Sommersturm, Beautiful Thing, Latter Days... I have a few to add too.

Get Real

Cowboys and Angels

Trick

C.R.A.Z.Y

PS. Adrian, the British boys that are neighbors is Beautiful Thing.

We actually watch one last night with Colin Farrell, don't recall the name right off hand and just checked google and it wasn't listed. Must have been one of his first movies, he was very young. Sissy Spacek was also in the movie. :)

ohhh, I think I saw that...Was he a little slow in the movie and he slept with both a boy and a girl?

ohhh, I think I saw that...Was he a little slow in the movie and he slept with both a boy and a girl?

Yep that was the movie, I thought it was great, must have been one of his first movies. :)

Another one of my favorite Gay movies I

Edited by Mark_Marciano

Yep that was the movie, I thought it was great, must have been one of his first movies. :)

Another one of my favorite Gay movies I've seen was "Short Bus" it was hilarious.

The movie was 'A Home at the End of the World'. I called up the friend who lent me the movie. He had the unedited version that had the nude scene that showed Colin's privates B)

Oh, I thought Sommersturm was adorable..

Um.. There's this one I saw... I can't remember the title... About two British kids, who are neighbors... And there's lots of Mamma Cass songs in it...lol

Its a good movie, but its just been so long since I've seen it.

If you're looking for a funny, not so serious movie, the Birdcage is great.

Was that the one with the ending scene where the two boys are slow dancing, and the one boys mother has a glass of wine and dances with the boys psychotic female friend? I'm not sure but I think someone was insulting a womans manner of dress, which was weird since boys aren't supposed to be fashion critics (waits for the bashing to start, lol). If that's the one, then I saw it a year and a half ago. The only gay movies I've seen are that one and Brokeback.

Was that the one with the ending scene where the two boys are slow dancing, and the one boys mother has a glass of wine and dances with the boys psychotic female friend? I'm not sure but I think someone was insulting a womans manner of dress, which was weird since boys aren't supposed to be fashion critics (waits for the bashing to start, lol). If that's the one, then I saw it a year and a half ago. The only gay movies I've seen are that one and Brokeback.

That's Beautiful Thing. It's a classic. There is a mailing list and a fan fiction archive that are dedicated to this flic. Both are both still active.

My favorites, in no particular order:

A Beautiful Thing

Get Real

Angles In America

Billy Elliot

Hedwig And The Angry Inch

L.I.E.

Theres more I can't think of right now, but oh well.

• Site Administrator
Billy Elliot

I wouldn't call Billy Elliot "gay-themed". A good movie and it has a gay character in it, but it's not gay-themed in my opinion.

The only gay themed movies i've seen are:

Brokeback Mountain (which i thought was good, but not as phenomenal as people made it out to be)

and Mysterious Skin (excellant film, but very hard to watch).

Other than that, the next closest to a gay movie ive seen is The Rules of Attraction, which one of the main characters is gay, but overall it isnt "gay themed". Great movie though, very "real" take on shitty college life.