The Simpson's Movie

JamesSavik

Oh lord.. I hope my little brother doesn't know anything about this movie... I already suffer through the DVD sets.. :(

Krista

Erm, I would rather be staked naked to an ant hill than watch it. I loathe crude American humor.

:D

That can be arranged...

I'd like pictures of the staked naked part 0:)

That can be arranged...

How come I got to thinking along the same lines than two people did? :)

I'm actually a big Simpsons fan; I just wonder how the feature film format will accommodate the usual 20-minute episodes. And Menzo, this is rather refined humor and satire under the guise of crude humor. Plus it's super moral, and it promotes family values in a quirky way. Waiting impatiently for you people's opinions on the movie.

Refined or not, it's still presented in a manner that holds no appeal to me. I also don't need my comedy to be moral or to present family values. I realize that it is hugely popular, and there are parts that I have found funny in the past, but when I compare it to other comedy (especially British) I just don't see why I would waste two hours of my life watching over-played stereotypes.

Refined or not, it's still presented in a manner that holds no appeal to me. I also don't need my comedy to be moral or to present family values.

Yes, poorly phrased in the above post. "Plus" was unnecessary. As for the rest, it's widely a matter of taste. I like it as much as I like the Monty Pythons; thinking of British comedy, I just watched a few Absolutely Fabulous episodes again, which I love, but I'd have a hard time saying it's more "refined" than the Simpsons. I'd venture to say the fact it's hugely popular and holds no immediate appeal to you could be part of the reason for you not liking it.

Refined or not, it's still presented in a manner that holds no appeal to me. I also don't need my comedy to be moral or to present family values. I realize that it is hugely popular, and there are parts that I have found funny in the past, but when I compare it to other comedy (especially British) I just don't see why I would waste two hours of my life watching over-played stereotypes.

Um.. which british comedy have you been watching?

There are very few that don't play on stereotypes.

Um.. which british comedy have you been watching?

There are very few that don't play on stereotypes.

But they are not so overdone.

(PS, Bondwriter, Monty Python is one of the only British comedies I really despise :P )

Anyway, to each his own.

(PS, Bondwriter, Monty Python is one of the only British comedies I really despise :P )

Glad to have found the first person to despise Monty Python in my entire life! You're a very unique person, Menzo. *starts plotting Menzo's abduction to brainwash him into enjoying nonsensical humor. Umm, maybe I'll start with all of Becket & Ionesco's plays, and then move on to classic slapstick comedy, and eventually get him in the proper state of mind to laugh* ;)

But you're right, to each his own! Diversity is what makes the world interesting.

Hey Menzo, I think there's a spot for you in the DominicLuka Literary Society :lol:

:wub: Vic

Hey Menzo, I think there's a spot for you in the DominicLuka Literary Society :lol:

Why thank you Vic, I'm flattered :king:

:blink: Are you sure you want to be part of the DLS?

Take Care®,

Vic 'Who really doesn't want Menzo to just be quiet and look pretty, but is still incredulous that Menzo doesn't like the Simpsons' :lol:

...that show just won't die will it?

Obviously someone neglected to sprinkle its retreaded humerous bone with a bit of holy water.

:P

I'm positive. My elitism would be a fine match for the bombastic DLS. My pedantry knows no bounds, and I can exceptionally pleonastic when I wish to be. I find their grandiloquence refreshing and I highly doubt they would be caught dead watching something as base and plebeian as the Simpsons :lol:

And don't worry, a male properly staked has a very high sexiness factor increase in the eyes of a ple... pli... commoner like me. :lol: (And yes Vic, your little piece is lovely and explains a lots on Domaholism, which still frightens me a bit...)