The Rise of Anyon

Okay okay... I think I've got this figured out. With my luck, I'm in the wrong place trying to buy candles for a wedding cake, in a biker bar...

But hey, we all started new at some point, except Cj (and that's Shadowgod's fault.)

So! On with the show, er... story... B) . Read Me

Meet Anyon, a young man who's life is caught in a time when war was as trivial as waking up. In a place where every day can be his last. In a way that can span centuries with a few words to turn a man into legend or end his life in minutes.

Though the catagory may be fantasy, it will be the as real and historically accurate as my time permits. There will be a wild ride waiting, and a mystery to unfold.

Romans aren't the only things that go bump in the night. :P

The Rise of Anyon

By Bob D. (aka Aillie)

Just click the signature below to read the latest edition!

Edited by Cu Aillie

"Chapter One: The Beginning" is now live!

Enjoy!

Good Feedback in this forum, criticism and suggestions on style, etc, please PM me.

<b> The Rise of Anyon</b>

By Bob D. (aka Aillie)

Just click the signature below to read the latest edition!

Just read Ch 1;

Very intriguing! How did they manage to defeat the Romans.. I'll bet we hear more of that.

Bran read him like a book. Cool! :2thumbs:

Well, taking a lead from you, I can't discuss what may or may not be around in future chapters... :P .

"Bran read him like a book."

Eh? What in the world are you bleating about?

Bob :wub:

"Chapter One: The Beginning" is now live!

Good Feedback in this forum, criticism and suggestions on style, etc, please PM me.

What's this about only good stuff in the forum. :thumbdown:

Here is where it's all gonna happen, dude! :devil: The good, the bad, and the ugly. It's much for fun that way. Not necessarily for you, though. :P

Strong virile men. That's good. Loincloths...that's even better. 0:)

I really like the name, Bran. It's cool. But I would never call a kid that, not these days anyway. Think of all the fibre jokes he'll have to endure. :lol:

So, are you telling me that I have to read this serial knowing that Bran will be grieviously injured and taken from Anyon for 7 years? I'm not sure I can bear that. :(

Better have Sharon check your end notes too. You spelled amateur incorrectly. :P

I am definitely awarding you a cliffhanger for chapter 1. :great:

Conner

P.S. There, that wasn't so bad, was it? 0:)

What's this about only good stuff in the forum. :thumbdown:

Here is where it's all gonna happen, dude! :devil: The good, the bad, and the ugly. It's much for fun that way. Not necessarily for you, though. :P

Strong virile men. That's good. Loincloths...that's even better. 0:)

I really like the name, Bran. It's cool. But I would never call a kid that, not these days anyway. Think of all the fibre jokes he'll have to endure. :lol:

So, are you telling me that I have to read this serial knowing that Bran will be grieviously injured and taken from Anyon for 7 years? I'm not sure I can bear that. :(

Better have Sharon check your end notes too. You spelled amateur incorrectly. :P

Conner

P.S. There, that wasn't so bad, was it? 0:)

Good thing they don't live in a world like today, but I would assume that Bran might have been teased when he was young, but being the son of the Village's best fighter probably spared him quite a bit.

Bran: Black Raven (Welsh/cornish in origin) Raven = Morrigan (Goddess of Warriors Death) At least, as I understand the meaning...

Conner

Cliffhanger? Me? as a Minion of the Goat, I have no authority to write cliffhangers without approval... Well, at least now you can see where the story goes!

Chapter Two: Early Morning is now posted!

The Rise of Anyon

Enjoy!

Cliffhanger? Me? as a Minion of the Goat, I have no authority to write cliffhangers without approval... Well, at least now you can see where the story goes!

Chapter Two: Early Morning is now posted!

The Rise of Anyon

Enjoy!

Aillie is quite right... Neither he, nor I, use cliffhangers. 0:)

Of to read Ch 2!

Geez, Bran is sensitive too. :wub: My kinda warrior. It was nice to see him comfort Anyon the way he did, even if Anyon had something else on his mind....that was wont for comfort. :D

I can see where Anyon is confused as hell with Bran; the reverse likely holds true as well...but we're not inside his head.

I see no choice for Anyon but to spill the beans to Bran, hopefully on their current trip.

I like the way you keep the eroticism of the story simmering somewhere on a back burner. That's great stuff. :worship:

Conner

Geez, Bran is sensitive too. :wub: My kinda warrior. It was nice to see him comfort Anyon the way he did, even if Anyon had something else on his mind....that was wont for comfort. :D

I can see where Anyon is confused as hell with Bran; the reverse likely holds true as well...but we're not inside his head.

I see no choice for Anyon but to spill the beans to Bran, hopefully on their current trip.

I like the way you keep the eroticism of the story simmering somewhere on a back burner. That's great stuff. :worship:

Conner

Totally agreed.

I found Bran's mother's reaction very interesting indeed, I think she might suspect something. Not sure about whom.

The dream sequences were very telling, both for hopes, and fears.

Wonderful job, Aillie! :2thumbs:

What's that I hear....is it a chant? I can't make it out.....yes, now I hear it....

3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3

I expect a chapter today....pleaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssse.

Your week's up, dude! I take it you'll be following your master's good example! :lol:

Conner

What's that I hear....is it a chant? I can't make it out.....yes, now I hear it....

3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3

I expect a chapter today....pleaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssse.

Your week's up, dude! I take it you'll be following your master's good example! :lol:

Conner

My goal is Monday... but if you've kept up with my blog, I've been a little distracted and chapter 3 is stalled. So it may be Tuesday by the time it goes out to the editor and the pre-reader and back.

It's almost done, I'm just having an issue of getting face-to-computer time to write and I can't see some of the people Anyone is talking to, yet.

So, hopefully Tuesday, but no promises.

Chapter Three: The Neighbors is now posted!!

Enjoy!

Chapter Three: The Neighbors

I always welcome feedback.

And yes, I am feeling better after this morning. Chapter 4 will probably be delayed next week. I do write these week by week, and as I get them finished they go up.

A dark haired goat was standing tethered to a spike near a cauldron of boiling water.

:o:o :o :o :o

Aillie, how could you? :sheep:

OTHER than that :P , this is an excelent chapter. Anyon does display a lack of knowledge (the fear that a fire will draw 4-footed predators) and it comes off really well.

The camping scenes were fun and well done, and the dog, "Spaniel", was a very nice touch.

I'm really intrigued to see what will happen between Anyon and Bran. If you are particularly evil and devious, that kiss might be very misleading. :devil:

:o:o:o:o:o

Aillie, how could you? :sheep:

OTHER than that :P , this is an excelent chapter. Anyon does display a lack of knowledge (the fear that a fire will draw 4-footed predators) and it comes off really well.

The camping scenes were fun and well done, and the dog, "Spaniel", was a very nice touch.

I'm really intrigued to see what will happen between Anyon and Bran. If you are particularly evil and devious, that kiss might be very misleading. :devil:

I promised there would be a goat sacrifice... :2thumbs: for the ending to your story... 0:)

The Goat Sub-Group committee will not be pleased. :angry: Btw, that wasn't a sacrifice. It's never been polite to eat one's sacrifice. That poor goat was simply the main course in a feast. Humans have been using goats for nourishment for centuries...a habit, I should note, that we've been trying to curtail for as long. You are, of course, welcome to enjoy goat milk. The ladies love to have their spiggots pulled.

You will be hearing from the committee on this issue in a more formal manner. As a first step, we will likely start to monitor all your posts with generous attention to be given to this story and your blog. Enciting humans to eat goat is a felony. You know that little warning gage under your avatar, I suggest you keep an eye on it. You have been warned!

Conner

Faun Emeritus

Chair, Goat Sub-Group Committee GA

Keeper of the Golden Goat Hooves

Chair, Joint Chiefs Of Goats

The Goat Sub-Group committee will not be pleased. :angry: Btw, that wasn't a sacrifice. It's never been polite to eat one's sacrifice. That poor goat was simply the main course in a feast. Humans have been using goats for nourishment for centuries...a habit, I should note, that we've been trying to curtail for as long. You are, of course, welcome to enjoy goat milk. The ladies love to have their spiggots pulled.

You will be hearing from the committee on this issue in a more formal manner. As a first step, we will likely start to monitor all your posts with generous attention to be given to this story and your blog. Enciting humans to eat goat is a felony. You know that little warning gage under your avatar, I suggest you keep an eye on it. You have been warned!

Conner

Faun Emeritus

I'll keep that in mind, Sir. However in the Bronze Age Celtic societies... the meat of a sacrifice was eaten. The bones and tidbits and parts of the meal were set aside as the actual sacrifice... :)

It has to be culturally relevant... :)

Conner

Faun Emeritus

B) ..........I cannot believe in this day in age that animal sacrifices are still being made (I Do realize the time-line, lurkers). Well since what's done is done, can I have dibs on the horns?? :lol:

B) ..........I cannot believe in this day in age that animal sacrifices are still being made (I Do realize the time-line, lurkers). Well since what's done is done, can I have dibs on the horns?? :lol:

Nah, the horns were ground up as aphrodisiacs... :lmao:

:lmao:

I am not going to touch that line at all. 0:)

Eh? why not? Anyon's just trying to point out that Bran would make a really nice housewife... :2thumbs:

:lmao:

So Anyon can be a tease as well. Good on him! :2thumbs:

:wub: That was nicely done. I just love imagery! 0:)

The ending was oh so yummy. ;):rolleyes:

Conner

Glad you liked it... The goat was a bit preturbed... but hey... ya know?

Conner

Faun Emeritus

Conner, I think it is safe to say that Aillie has seriously diminished his chances of receiving that highest of literary awards, the Goat good seal of approval?

I'll keep that in mind, Sir. However in the Bronze Age Celtic societies... the meat of a sacrifice was eaten. The bones and tidbits and parts of the meal were set aside as the actual sacrifice... :)

It has to be culturally relevant... :)

Grumble Grumble... Murderer...

The rest of the chapter was great... I'm still waiting to see where, exactly, that kiss leads. I have three guesses;

Anyon fell asleep before Bran got there and is dreaming.

Bran is just trying to get him "involved".

It's some other form of sneaky misdirection...

Oh, and BTW, I am officially declaring this chapter's ending to be a CLIFFHANGER!

:P

Conner, I think it is safe to say that Aillie has seriously diminished his chances of receiving that highest of literary awards, the Goat good seal of approval?

Oh, and BTW, I am officially declaring this chapter's ending to be a CLIFFHANGER!

:P

Yes, quite right. It'll be a snowy day in Mississippi before the committee would even consider this story for such a highly regarded award.

As to your cliffhanger declaration, I must remind you of the literary rules:

Rule 224(2)(a)(viii) states that any ending that leaves the reader smiling cannot be a cliffhanger.

Accordingly, no cliffhanger.

Conner

Yes, quite right. It'll be a snowy day in Mississippi before the committee would even consider this story for such a highly regarded award.

As to your cliffhanger declaration, I must remind you of the literary rules:

Rule 224(2)(a)(viii) states that any ending that leaves the reader smiling cannot be a cliffhanger.

Accordingly, no cliffhanger.

Conner

Good thing I don't aspire to awards, just readers... :)

I'm glad it made you smile at least Conner.