Fantastic author's website

Jack Scribe

I listened recently to a radio interview featuring Brad Thor, a mainstream author who was promoting his new book. I was not familiar with Thor but he sounded interesting - bright, informative and articulate. So, I went to the library and checked out the first novel, circa 2002 (Thor's a Tom Clancy-style thriller novelist). I noticed his URL and went to it. I was blown away by all the "bells and whistles" this man uses to promote his work. http://www.bradthor.com/.

The book I checked out, The Lions of Lucerne, is a fun chiller/thriller. I'm impressed that three characters in the story are gay (One of whom is a key evil guy) and are only labeled as such because it's part of the plot. It was a good read although the main character is like the Energizer Bunny.

Jack B)

I'll go against the grains here and say that website is one of the worst I've ever seen.

First, it uses flash. That's bad in and of itself; many people, such as myself, rip flash out of their browsers because the damn player does not have a way to disable it, and flash is used for moving adds which are an extreme annoyance. (If anyone wants it, just google "uninstall macromedia flash" and you can find several methods to rip the misbegotten miserable crap called flash out of your system. ) BTW, if you're getting the impression that I don't like flash, you're right! :)

So, I loaded the site on my laptop, which does have flash in one browser (I added it for the rare occasions when I need to see something that uses flash).

Worst site I have ever seen for it's purpose. Ugh. Looks like a dang video game, highly annoying moving graphics, crappy interface, and the most important part of the site (it's pitching books, after all), the plot descriptions, etc, appear in windows that cut off much of the text. Oh, the excerpt download doesn't work, either.

Give me a nice, plain-text website any day; with one of those, I can actually find the darn information without the annoyances, and unlike this horrible site its even searchable.

Thanks to this site, I now have a negative feeling that I remember in association with the author, which I suspect is not a prime goal of the marketing.

:thumbdown::thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I'll go against the grains here and say that website is one of the worst I've ever seen.

Give me a nice, plain-text website any day; with one of those, I can actually find the darn information without the annoyances, and unlike this horrible site its even searchable.

Utility before beauty :P

I agree with you CJ, and I neither like the dark colour of the background.

So we should forget this site :funny:

Brad Thor is an awesome author. He and Vince Flynn have styles that are a lot alike and so far I've read every book both of them have release except Vince Flynn's newest one that came out this month.

If you have a chance and you like the thriller/high-tech war type novels, I'd suggest reading them both.

Brad Thor is an awesome author. He and Vince Flynn have styles that are a lot alike and so far I've read every book both of them have release except Vince Flynn's newest one that came out this month.

If you have a chance and you like the thriller/high-tech war type novels, I'd suggest reading them both.

Agree. Finished the first book over the weekend and checked out Thor's State of the Union yesterday. I must also lustfully add that Brad's a very hunky guy from the pictures. He and his wife (she's a physician to the U.S. Ski Team) divide their time between homes in Park City, Utah and the Greek island of Antiparos. I"ll have to check out Vince Flynn.

Jack B)