Bragging Rights Coming Up

Conner

Canada and the USA will go head-to-head on Friday in one of the semi-finals of the World Junior Hockey Championship in the Czeck Republic. (2pm ET)

w00t! w00t!

At the junior level, the Canada-USA rivalry now surpasses that between Canada-Russia. :D

The USA team was undefeated (4-0-0) in the preliminary round and had a by into the semi-final. Canada went 3-1-0, with a loss to Sweden, who also went undefeated. Sweden will play Russia in the other semi-final.

I'm hoping for a Canada-Sweden final on Saturday (2pm ET).

Beer. I need beer. :lol:

Conner

Canada and the USA will go head-to-head on Friday in one of the semi-finals of the World Junior Hockey Championship in the Czeck Republic. (2pm ET)

w00t! w00t!

At the junior level, the Canada-USA rivalry now surpasses that between Canada-Russia. :D

The USA team was undefeated (4-0-0) in the preliminary round and had a by into the semi-final. Canada went 3-1-0, with a loss to Sweden, who also went undefeated. Sweden will play Russia in the other semi-final.

I'm hoping for a Canada-Sweden final on Saturday (2pm ET).

Beer. I need beer. :lol:

Conner

B) .............How about a USA/Russia final instead :P

I was kinda hoping for a USA-CAN final,, those always makes very good games. :P oh well USA will have to try to get the win in the second final, for the bronze that is. :P:P

B) ......Time will tell! :P

Head to head, the US can't stand on the same field as Canada.

For health care, human rights, progressive vision, a population that understands and supports the value of diversity and dismisses religious fanatics: Canada has it all over the US.

this post is leaning political so see my blog entry for more ranting.

Head to head, the US can't stand on the same field as Canada.

For health care, human rights, progressive vision, a population that understands and supports the value of diversity and dismisses religious fanatics: Canada has it all over the US.

this post is leaning political so see my blog entry for more ranting.

Canada's nice... but people don't think about socialized healthcare's effects on medical science as a whole. The moment you take away the money, you take away the motivation. No pharmaceutical company is going to make drugs just to help people. No surgeons will spend oodles on a pricey education just cause they wanna replace heart valves.

Capitalism, baby.

And I like hockey... boys playing with sticks on ice. How much more gay friendly could you get? :D

Canada is in final w00t good game usa tho, and I hope you guys will win the bronze :P

but people don't think about socialized healthcare's effects on medical science as a whole.No pharmaceutical company is going to make drugs just to help people. No surgeons will spend oodles on a pricey education just cause they wanna replace heart valves.

well I don't want to start a great debate, but the socialized healthcare doesn't stop the pharmaceutical company from getting paid,, it's just that instead of being the taxpayer, it's the gov that pays for the pills.

you got a point tho on the doctors not wanting to work here (in quebec) and go to the states for bigger money, but that,s cause the gouv don't pay them enough and have a quotas set on them.

and about the medical science. In montreal, at the hospital of the University of mtl they made some great things for instance :

the world's first successful recovery of a person with severe burns to 90% of the body

the world's first robotically assisted laparoscopic surgery

the world's first removal of a kidney

and also, we got some world class researcher in AIDS

public health care is far from perfect, I admit, it also cost a dam lot but it's wrong to say it doesn't work.

Frosty,

you're allowed to root for team USA, as long as you root for the habs.

Ooh, I always root for the habs! Well, except when they play the wings, then I'm conflicted.

Though I would have preferred a USA win, congrats to Canada, I hope they win the gold!

(Losing to the best is better than losing to the second best :P )

Yes, the world is unfolding as it should. B)

<gloats gloats gloats>

Ok, so Canada is going for quadruple gold today. If we win, that will be 4 straight gold medals. :D When it comes to hockey, we never did learn how to share! :P

4 in a row...that'll put the zippity back in my doo-dah. :D

Good luck to Team USA against the Russians! :2thumbs:

Conner

Ooh, I always root for the habs! Well, except when they play the wings, then I'm conflicted.

Though I would have preferred a USA win, congrats to Canada, I hope they win the gold!

(Losing to the best is better than losing to the second best :P )

Rooting for the habs is always good, and I was at the bell center in december when they played against the wings,,, ohhh well, :( I guess the wings had a better team.

AMEN!!!

Perfect!!!

Yes, the world is unfolding as it should. B)

<gloats gloats gloats>

Ok, so Canada is going for quadruple gold today. If we win, that will be 4 straight gold medals. :D When it comes to hockey, we never did learn how to share! :P

4 in a row...that'll put the zippity back in my doo-dah. :D

Good luck to Team USA against the Russians! :2thumbs:

Conner

Sorry for the USA for their loss in the bronze medal game,,,

as we speak we're going in overtime :(

the kid better win it,, :P

sacha

Ok, everyone, get your best Queen voice on...

We are the champions!

We are the Champions....of the world!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

We're simply too good for everyone else at hockey,,, :P

That's 4 in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Site Administrator

Congratulations to Canada :) I'd like to watch an ice hockey game sometime, with someone who can explain what's going on.

Congratulations to Canada :) I'd like to watch an ice hockey game sometime, with someone who can explain what's going on.

Hehe, I don't think having someone to explain would help me at all. The guy who sat beside me in marching band in the stands tried for like three years to teach me how football works. All I got was how to tell when they get a touchdown, and that was more in self-defense; our stands were situated directly behind a goal, so when they did that nice lil kick thing for that extra point, if you weren't paying attention you had a good possibility of getting smacked in the head with a football. :P

Another round of congratulations to Canada! A well played game!

Unfortunately the USA forgot they had to play a game and ended up doing ice dancing.

It is not all that hard, a bit like football (soccer).

Hehe, I don't think having someone to explain would help me at all. The guy who sat beside me in marching band in the stands tried for like three years to teach me how football works. All I got was how to tell when they get a touchdown, and that was more in self-defense; our stands were situated directly behind a goal, so when they did that nice lil kick thing for that extra point, if you weren't paying attention you had a good possibility of getting smacked in the head with a football. :P

Hehehe :D , ya the survival instinct is important. Tho, I'm guessing that the noise and everyone getting on their feet is of some help in knowing when there's a touchdown,, or in the case of hockey, a goal.

Just make sure you're standing up for the right team when a touchdown is scored. You don't want to be sitting in the student section at a michigan team and start cheering when the other side scores.

• Site Administrator
Just make sure you're standing up for the right team when a touchdown is scored. You don't want to be sitting in the student section at a michigan team and start cheering when the other side scores.

But I thought it was little things like that that made life interesting 0:)