Would You Use Ventrilo?

Meeko

Would you use Ventrilo (voice Chat) If I were to set one up for us?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use Ventrilo (voice Chat) If I were to set one up for us?

• Yes I would love to.
    • No thanks
    • Maybe...
    • Not a good idea! (Pleaxe Explain why)

If you don't know Ventrilo is a voice chat room. Which allows people to comuniticate via voice just buy using a mic, or headset. I had a Ventrilo setup for a few buddy of mines before. But we don't really use it and I was wondering if maybe GA wanted to use something like it?

-Mike

If you don't know Ventrilo is a voice chat room. Which allows people to comuniticate via voice just buy using a mic, or headset. I had a Ventrilo setup for a few buddy of mines before. But we don't really use it and I was wondering if maybe GA wanted to use something like it?

-Mike

I voted "Yes I would love to." You've got some great ideas, Mikey. :hug:

PS- I hope you don't mind if I call you Mikey. :P

I'd say ya I would but as I'm shy and I'm somewhat preoccupied with having a big french accent when I talk in english, It would depend on who else would be on.

What about my heavy midwestern accent? There's no need to be shy. I bet you have a sexy accent. :wub:

What about my heavy midwestern accent? There's no need to be shy. I bet you have a sexy accent. :wub:

And my Indian accent?? I simply love the French accent!!! :wub: You're right tiger, its sexy!! :)

lol...we're sooooooooooo :off:

And my Indian accent?? I simply love the French accent!!! :wub: You're right tiger, its sexy!! :)

Im told i have a somewhat hawaiian acent but I beg to differ...

I love accents. Australian, French, and Spanish are among my favorites. I have not heard many Indian accents. The entertainment industry seems to exaggerate the Indian accent so I don't think I've ever heard a true Indian accent. lol

Well before I start one lets see what others think!

I agree. I do think others will respond positively to your idea. We've been talking about having a chatroom. Your idea has a lot of potential. Does it feature both voice and text?

I agree. I do think others will respond positively to your idea. We've been talking about having a chatroom. Your idea has a lot of potential. Does it feature both voice and text?

Yes it can but it's mostly made for voice.

• Site Administrator

I answered no. That's simply because I'm almost never in a position where I could speak freely. I'm either at work, or at home with people around ("Daddy, who are you speaking to? Can I speak to them, too? Please?") or at home with people trying to sleep. I have had enough trouble finding a time when I could record the three stories that I've narrated.

I think it could be a good idea, though I prefer a typed chatroom. There's too much chance of talking over someone, and also having trouble understanding accents over a voice chat. When I lived in the UK, I had enough trouble with some of the accents there (especially one guy who was Welsh) that I would probably find voice chat degenerating quickly into "Can you say that again, please, but slower? I didn't understand."

I answered no. That's simply because I'm almost never in a position where I could speak freely. I'm either at work, or at home with people around ("Daddy, who are you speaking to? Can I speak to them, too? Please?") or at home with people trying to sleep. I have had enough trouble finding a time when I could record the three stories that I've narrated.

I think it could be a good idea, though I prefer a typed chatroom. There's too much chance of talking over someone, and also having trouble understanding accents over a voice chat. When I lived in the UK, I had enough trouble with some of the accents there (especially one guy who was Welsh) that I would probably find voice chat degenerating quickly into "Can you say that again, please, but slower? I didn't understand."

Ditto.

I live most of the year in a dorm room with Doug. I don't even use my cell in the evening to keep from disturbing him, so being on voice chat at that time (which is the only time it would work for me) is a no-go. Too bad.

Colin B)

Or we could use skype, with yahoo messenger voice you either have to hit a button to talk or an automatic button, where when you talk it will press it for you. but it's cuts off so vetrilo or skype would be better.

I think this is a very exciting idea, and I really hope it works out!! :)

Unfortunately, I probably won't use it much myself. As I mentioned in a previous thread about bringing back chat, it's just not something I'm especially interested in participating in personally right now. I guess it's just that I have too much trouble focusing to do anything else besides chatting while I'm chatting, and I just don't really have the free time to only sit there and chat. I'm also the kind of person that gets irritated if my chatting partner is doing something besides chatting. I know that this is the nature of chat, but nevertheless when I'm actually focused on chatting I, probably unfairly, expect the other person's complete attention too. Thus, I've learned that I'm much more suited to direct face to face communication, one on one telephone conversations, or text formats that are designed to be on-going, delayed, and sporadic (such as forum posts and phone texts). When I do "chat" with someone online, I prefer to do it one-on-one with someone (or at the most in groups of 3 or 4).

These would be my suspicions too. Also, since I can't stand any type of background noise when I'm doing anything other than giving my complete attention to the noise source (Ex: Television, Music, etc.), I would probably find voice chat more "intrusive" than I wanted unless I was very actively engaged in the conversation.

I'll try to check it out once or twice though :)

How's it going by the way?

Hope everyone is having fun! :D

-Kevin

• 2 weeks later...