Many authors MIA

StormyParis

These fine writers, and others, have stopped writing mid-stories moths ago.. and are sorely missed. No warning, update, news on their blogs either.

On a related note, it would be great if the site had a front page, updated every few days, with a recap of the newest stories/chapters :-)

Thanks for the stories guys !

These fine writers, and others, have stopped writing mid-stories moths ago.. and are sorely missed. No warning, update, news on their blogs either.

On a related note, it would be great if the site had a front page, updated every few days, with a recap of the newest stories/chapters :-)

umm... http://www.gayauthors.org Look at the right hand side, it updates with chapter announcements as they are posted in the forums.

no worries though its relatively new :)

And yes I'm waiting for Vance to surface again as well. But his health comes before my reading enjoyment.

Steve

You must be in the right state of mind and be feeling quite well to write on a regular basis. Everyone needs a break from time to time. Keep that in mind. ;)

• Site Administrator

I've seen The Zot online, and Little Buddha was seen at the GA gathering at the end of last year. Vlista has some health issues, and Dom just seems to be busy with real life. That's all I know....

I understand the need for a hiatus to writing. What I would like to see is some sort of sign that a story is complete or not before I get to the last posted chapter. DK does that, and it just reduces the shock of when you get to the last chapter and there's nothing more. Ack! Need someone to update the webpages? I'll volunteer!

Thanks,

Steph :D

I understand the need for a hiatus to writing. What I would like to see is some sort of sign that a story is complete or not before I get to the last posted chapter. DK does that, and it just reduces the shock of when you get to the last chapter and there's nothing more. Ack! Need someone to update the webpages? I'll volunteer!

Thanks,

Steph :D

As of now, three authors (that I am following) do that. They have the stories on their index page listed as in progress/complete.

They are CJames, Shadowgod and dkstories. :)

Oh for sure, I can't wait to finally see some more stuff from Vlista,, actually I've started to read stories here on regular basis, with Vlista's stories..

and Littlebuddha, he's started a new story,, that has some very good potential,, I hope that we'll see more chapter soon.

But, yes, like it's been said more than once, we gotta understand that we, for the most of us, have a live outside the writing world. As soon as it becomes straining it prevents us to do some good writing.

It's very hard to keep up the pace... I just finished STL and was trying to post a new chapter every two weeks.... If you have a real life at all... it's very hard to do. (See my link below) I have recently chatted with Vance, and yeah, he had some health issues, but he's also having some emotional issues that simply don't lend themselves to quality writing... I can sooo relate. Give it time for all of them... I'm sure they will be writing again soon..

I myself am taking a short hiatus. I've got a few ideas for a couple of shorter stories... but, I like to have several chapters written and edited before I start posting.. Most of us do. It's a long and difficult process. The words don't just "magically" appear on the screen or paper. I dare not compare myself with Dom or Vance or the others, but I can assure you that they haven't forgotten their dedicated readers. That's impossible to do. I am sure that they, like myself, receive the most joy from knowing that others enjoy reading their stories moreso than the pure joy of writing in and of itself. Please be patient. I'm sure new works and chapters will eventually come forward.

Hugz, :hug:

Rick

Yes, I've spoken with Vancey recently too :)

He's doing okay, but I don't think writing should be his main priority right now unless that's what he's wants. Next time I talk to him though I'll make sure he knows about this thread and that you guys miss him and wish him well :)

I'm not sure what's up with David (LB), but my guess is he's just busy. I suspect it would be nice to PM/email him encouraging messages and let him know you were enjoying the story.

I've seen TheZot around the forums lately so presumably he hasn't forgotten about us either.

As for Dom, well like any good Domaholic I'm hoping he comes back soon, but I'm patiently (yeah right!) waiting. :boy:

Yes, I've spoken with Vancey recently too :)

He's doing okay, but I don't think writing should be his main priority right now unless that's what he's wants. Next time I talk to him though I'll make sure he knows about this thread and that you guys miss him and wish him well :)

He knows. I was nag...uh...talking with him about it last night. <_<

Sharon