[dkstories] Rich Boy:Growing Pains

Chapter 1 of dkstories's new story Rich Boy:Growing Pains has been posted.

Gray mages. A lot of information here about Mike and Jamie's joining spell, the joy they had as a result and the heartbreaking necessity of separating. Enough said.

Thanks, Dan. I can already tell that his will be another compelling story.

Edited by MikeL

It's always a pleasure to read Dan's works. His writing is so grasping and needs to be read with such concentration, for if you miss even a single detail and it rears its head later in the chapters, you'll go WTF? And that is a good thing, as it shows how intricately Dan plans his stories and each chapter.

I have always found it difficult to praise Dan's stories. As a writer, I always want to use new words when doing something. But with Dan, I am beginning to run out of words worthy enough to praise him. So I'll just say it in plain words---> great Chapter!! :great:

The chapter was well written, grasping and unravels a lot of mysteries. I am indeed looking forward to Rich Boy 2 and can't wait for more... :)

:worship:

BeaStKid :devil:

Nice chapter, Dan! I take it we can look forward to more angst in this story than the last. I'm so not happy about the Jeremy situation... he's supposed to be loyal to Worthington, dagnabit! :hug: Mean, mean, Dan! :P

So, since the story's basically written, that means new chapters will be posted quickly, right? :great:

I'm so not happy about the Jeremy situation... he's supposed to be loyal to Worthington, dagnabit! :hug: Mean, mean, Dan!

I can see why Jeremy is doing what he is doing. He is in love with both the guys and seeing the two people he loves the most not even talk to each other can be a bit unnerving for a person. Also, being as precariously balanced as they are, threesome relations need a lot of care to be maintained. If Jeremy spends a little bit more time with Jamie, Worthington will feel left out. He is as it is feeling quite down on losing his closeness to Jamie.

And if it were reversed, same can be said about Jamie. (although what Jamie feels has yet to be told to us...this chapter was just about what Worthington felt.)

BeaStKid :devil:

I can see why Jeremy is doing what he is doing. He is in love with both the guys and seeing the two people he loves the most not even talk to each other can be a bit unnerving for a person. Also, being as precariously balanced as they are, threesome relations need a lot of care to be maintained. If Jeremy spends a little bit more time with Jamie, Worthington will feel left out. He is as it is feeling quite down on losing his closeness to Jamie.

And if it were reversed, same can be said about Jamie. (although what Jamie feels has yet to be told to us...this chapter was just about what Worthington felt.)

Hey now, angst leaves no room to be reasonable! :P Worthington has to stay away from those who were friends with Jamie first, and Jeremy was friends with Mike first, so therefore, Jeremy should be loyal to Worthington, right? Right! :rolleyes: (wow, I sound like such a girl!)

I think part of my issue is that we never really got a look at Jamie and Jeremy together in the first book. So, their relationship always seemed tied to Worthington. Jamie's thoughts were always related through Worthington, and now that they're supposed to avoid each other, I wonder if we'll even know how Jamie feels. Unless, of course, Dan decided to go with multiple points of view for this story.

Hey now, angst leaves no room to be reasonable! :P Worthington has to stay away from those who were friends with Jamie first, and Jeremy was friends with Mike first, so therefore, Jeremy should be loyal to Worthington, right? Right! :rolleyes: (wow, I sound like such a girl!)

I think part of my issue is that we never really got a look at Jamie and Jeremy together in the first book. So, their relationship always seemed tied to Worthington. Jamie's thoughts were always related through Worthington, and now that they're supposed to avoid each other, I wonder if we'll even know how Jamie feels. Unless, of course, Dan decided to go with multiple points of view for this story.

This is a third person story, so Dan can give Jamie's POV... As far as us not getting a look at Jamie and Jer together, I distinctly remember Jeremy and Worthington having a conversation about it.... :unsure:

This is a third person story, so Dan can give Jamie's POV...

Sorry, B. This is where my writing knowledge breaks down. In the first story, we had Jamie's POV only when he and Worthington were linked. And now in the second story, they're not allowed to link. I guess I don't always understand when it's okay for an author to change a POV that he's been using for the whole story, and do the same rules apply for a sequel. Personally, I tend to like consistency, but sometimes overly much so.

As far as us not getting a look at Jamie and Jer together, I distinctly remember Jeremy and Worthington having a conversation about it....

Again, sorry, B. You're right that they did talk about it. But to me, it's more important to see the bond between the two, and I saw over and over again how Jeremy was perfect for Worthington. For Jeremy and Jamie, it was just talk.

Honestly... I feel a little disappointed, because I was looking forward to this new manifestation of the dark reeking some havoc, not shut down before the first chapter even began :(

I'm confident it's not shut down entirely. Something will show up...

- dfp

Sorry, B. This is where my writing knowledge breaks down. In the first story, we had Jamie's POV only when he and Worthington were linked. And now in the second story, they're not allowed to link. I guess I don't always understand when it's okay for an author to change a POV that he's been using for the whole story, and do the same rules apply for a sequel. Personally, I tend to like consistency, but sometimes overly much so.

Even I like consistency....but I'm just thinking from third person perspective....an author can give different POV's if he wants to. :)

Again, sorry, B. You're right that they did talk about it. But to me, it's more important to see the bond between the two, and I saw over and over again how Jeremy was perfect for Worthington. For Jeremy and Jamie, it was just talk.

You may be right here, but the answer lies in the first part of the post you wrote....Dan did not give Jamie's POV in the first book... :) Though he did mention that Jeremy and Jamie were into a physical/emotional relationship that was separate from the one each of them shared with Worthington...

I'm confident it's not shut down entirely. Something will show up...

- dfp

I agree. This is a DK story, and as Dan puts it "You just have to wonder when the other shoe will drop."

Or something along those lines :)

Anyway, I really hope that the link comes back into play, as I really enjoyed it and what it could do, however it may have to be removed from the story at least mostly due to the fact that it indeed does just make them too powerful for even one of my stories...

Eagerly looking forward for the next chapter,

Braxton

Awesome as usual. I'm really glad to see the new book up and running. Urban Fantasies are a real favorite of mine. I was a bit shocked to see the new evil that was eluded to in the last chapter of Growing Pains, seemingly stamped out in the first chapter. Like everyone else, I don't think we've the last of it.

One interesting note that I was very happy to read was that Worthington wants to work primarily with the magical world rather than the mundane world. I guess a part of me wishes that could be the case with me too. hahaha