Talk to Text?

AFriendlyFace

Talk or Text?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to call someone or text them?

• Call
    • Text
    • It depends on the person
    • It depends on what I want to convey
    • It depends on the person and what I want to convey
  2. 2. Which do you do more of overall?

• Call
    • Text

Hehe my social life is quite organised.. probably because I am available to IM quite a lot. One of my pet peeves is people who say they will turn up at a specific time somewhere and then not doing or turning up really late. Thats why I like to organise stuff where I can, so people cant say they didnt know about anything. Hehe.

My academic and personal life.. not so organised! wacko.gif

I dont like talking on the phone, I 'er' and 'uhmmm' and I find it hard to think properly when Im talking on it. Im getting better at it, though smile.gif. Sometimes I have 90 minute plus conversations with people I know well smile.gif.

Hehe. My default state is semi organised chaos.

I always try to be on time and am usually early because of it. I have a friend who drives me absolutely nuts. Her record so far is 2 1/2 hours late mad.gif I'm working on her :)

Hehe. My default state is semi organised chaos.

I always try to be on time and am usually early because of it. I have a friend who drives me absolutely nuts. Her record so far is 2 1/2 hours late mad.gif I'm working on her :)

Me too! :D.

2 1/2?! I'd have left after 45 minutes at the most hehe. Unless there were other people there and I had stuff to do :).

• Like 1

I'd much rather call someone. I've never been a text kind of person, but with my phone now, texting is pretty simple, so I've been doing it a lot more. I just like to hear a person's voice, the tone in which they respond and all that. I do a lot of talking on the phone (my phone bills are out of this world) so it just is easier for me to talk instead of text.

If its something short, I will text, but if it takes explaining I always call. But if I know the person isn't going to answer the phone or if I'm sitting in class (I know.. tsk tsk tsk), I'll text, or that's a thing of a past for me. :)

I much prefer texting (and email) to voice because I tend to be acerbic, abrupt, and rude when I talk. Text and email give me a chance to ponder what I "hear" and think before I "speak."

LOL! David and I are in the same boat then. My family always tell me that my mouth is gonna get me in trouble one of these days. Even if I'm not angry I can sound so, demanding, upset, etc. Then laugh at your face! HA! I much rather talk than text though, I don't know if it's because my damn phone, being 2 yrs. old already, the keys are a pain in the ass and they either don't give you the letter/number on your first try or throws two at a time and that aggravates the crap outta me!!! My next one WILL have a full keyboard!!

• 3 weeks later...

My original answers have changed somewhat. I still use IMs a lot. However, texting has become a daily thing for me since I got my phone. Mine has a QWERTY keyboard, and I have unlimited texting, so I love texting now. I'd still rather talk though. :)

My original answers have changed somewhat. I still use IMs a lot. However, texting has become a daily thing for me since I got my phone. Mine has a QWERTY keyboard, and I have unlimited texting, so I love texting now. I'd still rather talk though. smile.gif

You said that just to show off about your phone didn't you :) :)

If it's a quick message I'll probably send a text but if the person I'm texting is likely to to turn it into a long conversation then I'll call.

Same or if I'm at work and just asking how a friend is or talking about an even this morning and if it's not long, then a text.