just another place to chat

This thread was moved to the games forum because it looked like, in essence, a thread about posting. Millennium threads are one thing, but there have been multiple member complaints about the lounge being swamped with discussions of post counts. I am certainly a past culprit on that, and did not realize the problems I was causing.

CJ

The thread did seem to become one of them after being highjacked just like any other thread in the entire forum would be. If you look to the original set up,, it was to be a thread for BK to post his 3K post then comes the congratulations,,,,

One could also say that, all the millennium thread becomes after one day a "discussions post count", just as much as, often, the celebrate anything thread,,,Therefore shouldn't all of those gets moved in the game and humor or get a special place for those since it's not really a game nor humor....

I agreed with it being moved. I said from the beginning that it was too soon.

Well, tiger,,, when this thread was originally posted,, bk was still posting and was closing in rapidly on the 3k,,, it wouldn't be the first time that we start the celebration thread when the member gets close to it.

Edited by FrenchCanadian
One could also say that, all the millennium thread becomes after one day a "discussions post count", just as much as, often, the celebrate anything thread,,,Therefore shouldn't all of those gets moved in the game and humor?

You have a very good point. I'll propose the idea to the mods, thanks.

One could also say that, all the millennium thread becomes after one day a "discussions post count", just as much as, often, the celebrate anything thread,,,Therefore shouldn't all of those gets moved in the game and humor or get a special place for those since it's not really a game nor humor....

I'm happy that we get to agree on something Sacha. Not that disagreements are always bad. It would be a boring world if everyone always agreed with everyone else.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I think post count is highly overrated. It should be about quality, not quantity.

Putting milestone posts in a forum like Games and Humor would be a good way to drive home the point that post counts should not be taken as seriously as the content of a member's posts.

ADDED: Oops. I didn't notice CJ's comments at first. I'm glad you're giving this some serious consideration CJ. Thanks.

Edited by GaryInMiami