Personal Pick-Me-Ups

Dion

I guess what I'm trying to say is make a project for yourself that'll be challenging and when you're done, it'll be rewarding in the end and you'll feel better about it!

That is excellent advice!

I'd like to add "getting drunk and dancing on you coffee table" as another good option (always cheers me up 0:) )

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be the point in time where I regret having a virile imagination.

I can easily picture you doing that, Kevin. Right down to white-crew-sock feet sliding on varnished knotty pine...

I'd like to add "getting drunk and dancing on you coffee table" as another good option (always cheers me up 0:) )

This would be the point in time where I regret having a virile imagination.

I can easily picture you doing that, Kevin. Right down to white-crew-sock feet sliding on varnished knotty pine...

:wub: Awww, 'pre-Scientology/Oprah Ranting' Tom Cruise. He's so dreamy

I'm probably going to make a few enemies here, but... I hate Tom Cruise.

Always have.

:angry:

Acting in at least two of his moves were ok, but otherwise no arguments here! :)

Some other things I do to relieve stress:

I swim or lay around by the pool or in it.

I treat myself to shopping/or the spa or both if I have times.

I watch movies.

I cry - Having a good cry can be so therapeutic. Of course if crying is your only stress reliever and it happens a lot you may be depressed.

I play a sport - Basketball mostly.

And, I talk in length about my problems to some unsuspecting friend. :) It's what they're for!

I could make a list...

Okay - not an actor bashing thread. That was totally OT.

Krista, can you answer the second half of the question? What if you can't go outside? Then what do you do?

Acting in at least two of his moves were ok, but otherwise no arguments here! :)

Some other things I do to relieve stress:

I swim or lay around by the pool or in it.

I treat myself to shopping/or the spa or both if I have times.

I watch movies.

I cry - Having a good cry can be so therapeutic. Of course if crying is your only stress reliever and it happens a lot you may be depressed.

I play a sport - Basketball mostly.

And, I talk in length about my problems to some unsuspecting friend. :) It's what they're for!

Krista, can you answer the second half of the question? What if you can't go outside? Then what do you do?

Hmm, well looking at her list, you could

-lay around in the tub (which I really do recommend BTW)

-do some online shopping (isn't it still fun to get new stuff?)

-watch movies

-have a cry

-play an indoor game

-or talk in length via phone/internet to an unsuspecting friend.

Personally, I love having a nice bottle of wine and some gourmet cheese and crackers (yeah, I know it sounds pretentious but it really is fun and tasty). After which it's great to top it all off with some of that table dancing I mentioned and a nice soak in the tub ;)

You're right, Kevin. I didn't look at it that way.

Love the 'unsuspecting friend' part.

Drewbie - listening to music seems to be a popular method. My question for that would be: Do you listen to music that mirrors your mood or opposes it?

Drewbie - listening to music seems to be a popular method. My question for that would be: Do you listen to music that mirrors your mood or opposes it?

depends on whether I want to wallow or not! :lol:

I sometimes watch music videos, doesn't matter if it mirrors or opposes my moods because it inspires me to write some lyrics that turn out to be good. I plan to post the lyrics I wrote after Robbie think it's good and post it on the blog, which I will create only for posting lyrics...

I log on to the internet at come to GA (and the blog it provides) and rant about it. I also have friends via online communities such as GA who are part of my instant messenger contact list.

GA is a stress buster for me. Whenever I am feeling low, I log in here and read the posts on the forums. The light hearted banter always makes my mood better. :)

Thanks for being here, GA.

:wub: Ya!

BeaStKid :devil:

Adding to my list I do when I'm down. If I'm down, I opened the laptop and played the UK Deal or No Deal online game (free download!!) how the exciting it was to see how the offers is brought...

• 7 months later...

Depends on the circumstances, but I tend to isolate myself. I'll hike for hours through the hills and forest. A long soak in the steam room at the gym is good, or I'll sit in the hot tub until I'm going to pass out, fantasizing about some guy who would rush to my aide...

If all else fails, ice cream, chocolate sauce and a good movie.

Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate bars, Dark Chocolate M&M's, Vanilla Ice Cream with Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Syrup. :P

Pure 100% Kona Coffee. :D

Hot, passionate sex with my wonderful husband...and falling asleep next to him at night. :rolleyes: