"Gone From Daylight: Nights Eternal"

I really want to thank you guys for being patient while I've been working out the kinks and rough edges of the newest chapter of "GFD"! Trust me, it's nothing I haven't done for any of the other chapters. It's a frustrating process, trying to get each chapter just right. Especially when you have an idea of how the expectations might be for each one to be better than the last. HOPEFULLY..."Nights Eternal" won't disappoint! :)

I can tell you this, however...in all honesty, I truly like this chapter a lot. I really enjoyed fitting the pieces together and making this an emotional, philosophical, and action packed chapter all rolled into one. I'll get a chance to concentrate on it some more this coming Friday, and if I can finish fixing what's left in one sitting, then you guys will be just a short time away from finally getting your chance to see it!!! Cool?

I've been reading through all of the posts below on "GFD" and wanted to post a reply to answer as many of your questions as I can without giving anything away. Unfortunately, with my system so full of stuff all the time, I could see every post...but the reply window wouldn't load! (Arrrgh!) So...this seperate posting is being made especially for you! Cool? read on, and I hope this answers some of your questions and concerns! :)

1- "Thanks"

I, first, want to truly thank you guys for the support of the last chapter of "GFD"! My GOD!!! "Pride And Prophecy" was so damn long that I was burned out on "GFD" for a little while! Hehehe! The fact that you guys sat through all of that and still found time to send me notes of thanks...it really means a lot to me. Thank you for that! It's been 7 months, and the new chapter is coming! Hey...it's 7 months! Hehehehe! Think about how long you had to wait for Star Wars! :P

2- "Richie"

The question of 'is he' or 'isn't he' will definitely be answered in this next chapter. Richie is a part of Justin's past that hasn't been forgotten, and this trip to the hospital is a part of Justin's development as a character. So whether he finds his friend alive and well, or dead and gone, Justin won't be able to rest easy until he knows for sure.

3- "The End Of The GFD Series"

The end of this series has been pretty stable and concrete since the first chapter was conceived 6 years ago. A few of the details have changed over time, but the final chapter is pretty much already written. Will everyone survive? That remains to be seen. Will this end happily for our favorite couple? That, also, has yet to be seen. But what I can tell you is that this is the ending that has been created from the very beginning. So far, there's no need to change it.

4- "Taryn And Rain"

Taryn....being there longer than Rain? Hehehe...um...oops! Arrrgh! Hehehe, ya see? Try as hard as you want to to make sure the story's continuity is accurate, but you're bound to miss something every time! :) Thanks for pointing that out. I actually haven't gone back to find out what part of the story I mentioned Rain's time spent at the lot, but I definitely take yor word for the fact that it's true. The scene that happened later on where it was said that Rain was chasing Taryn when he crossedover, was written in reflection of a rough time that I was going through at the time. An incident that happened AFTER I originally announced how long Rain had been at the lot. It was going to be Dion and Taryn that had the conflict originally, but I changed that because it didn't seem feasible for Dion and Taryn to have that conflict off and on while remaining friends in between. If that makes any sense. Long story. Anyway, my mistake! Good eye! ::Giggles::

5- "Rage"

While the clues take Justin closer and closer to finding the infamous Rage...the vampire's identity won't be known until "Born Of Fire"! So you guys still have another chapter to wait! Hehehe! The speculations and discussions have been incredible to read through though! Hehehe, I almost worry that my ideas won't be as good as yours! Rage's intentions will be fleshed out a little more in "Nights Eternal", as well as the abilities Rage possesses. But don't expect any definite answers just yet. Justin's still not quite as ready as he needs to be.

6- "Extras"

The extras and histories of many of the other members of the lot will also come to light in this chapter. You'll learn more about the characters you've been reading about since the first chapter, and finally get a clue as to why they are the way they are, and why they do the things they do. So if you were looking for more insight on the other members of the lot...it's in there. Somewhere. Also, Justin's extras are a lot more potent than they were before. He's learning fast, and you guys will be surprised what he can do to defend himself now. You'll learn more as he does.

7- "Zero"

Zero's appearance in "Pride And Prophecy" was pushed back because that chapter was already monsterous as it was. That appearance will be seen in this newer chapter instead. He was not around when the last mimic was battled. Zero absorbed the memories and mindset of the last vampire alive that was there to witness it. If you'll remember, Zero talked about having a number of entire lives living inside of him already. Each with conflicting views of the world. This last warrior who fought with the last mimic in existence, is one of them. Zero's extra absorbs the memories and thoughts of people around him whether he wants to or not. (Nice analogy about the sponge, by the way, ysd! :) ) Zero's reading ability, at one point, became self aware, and began to act on its own. It's a problem that Justin was beginning to go through himself, when he accidentally lashed out at his friends in the lot, even striking Taryn himself. An extra that is too strong for the user, becomes active all on its own. It's up to Justin to learn how to regain control when he needs to.

8- "The Contest Prizes"

None of the contest prizes have been emailed out yet. So the one week preview of "Taryn's Song" and the two week preview of "GFD" still stands. As well as the preview snippet of "Magic Man 2" for everyone who entered the contest. Since concentrating on the other stories and writing them as fast as I can manage, takes a lot of focus away from "GFD" and the others, I haven't been able to send them out. The GOOD thing about this is, they'll be getting a finished, edited, copy of the story. As opposed to the unedited ones that I usually give as prizes. If you want an early peek, you'll have to ask them for it! Hehehehe! I'll be announcing the story and all when I send them out. So check here and the library if you're not on the mailing list.

That's it for now! I certainly hope that this answers a few questions and concerns about the "GFD" series. What is happening now, is I'm working on "Born Of Fire", and the two chapters have to match up perfectly. Whatever needs to be cut out of "Nights Eternal", can't suddenly show up in "Born Of Fire". And what needs to be in "Born Of Fire", can't be cut out of "Nights Eternal" That means they both have to have a lot of thing written simultaneously, I'm afraid. It's like mathematics, and everything has to add up with no remainders in the end. I'm working things out as fast as I can. Cool?

I'll be posting as soon as humanly possible! So get yourselves ready folks! Because "Gone From Daylight" is coming your way once again! And I'm working to make sure that it was worth the long wait I put you all through!

Seezya on the darkside! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am sure glad to know you are in the verge of finishing up the next chapter of GFD. I am sure it will be as good as the previous chapters and more.

I like the fighting scenes and of course the sexual escapades the most. Good Job.

Sean

OOOooooh!!!!!! Com you're such a tease!!!! I'm jumping all over the house right now! Now I know what Gyro feels two days before the Icezone!!! Look I'm rolling around too! Hehehe. Typing on keyboards while being crazy is one of my special talents. :wacko:

Looking forwrd to the Icezone party on the next chapter! :worship:

For all you younger members :boy: --

Remember, it is a scientific fact that if you spastically run around, you will relativistically shorten the amount of time you have to wait. :D:P

Well, maybe not.

Snow Dog the Domaholic Danderthal (who found them because of Comsie)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..