Ugh. I hate writing sex scenes. Ive heard Im good at it, but I still hate writing them. And the thing is I keep writing things that have more then an average sex scenes in them. Ahh well. And all sex scenes should have a point and to push the story along somehow.

I personally don't like writing or reading sex scenes, unless they actually add something to the story. Which means I skip them all the time. And I hate it when an author will put in a sex scene for their characters that comes out of nowhere, when they've already established that they have sex. Sometimes they have like, two or three sex scenes a chapter for the same couple, and they seem to only be in there to remind us that they're in a sexual relationship. Thanks; I didn't remember that from their two sex scenes last chapter. :)

Which isn't to say I've never liked a sex scene; there have been a few sickeningly-sweet ones that I've loved, I've just not seen very many.

(And on the subject of Duncan Ryder's...yeah, I don't really think I've skipped one of his.)

I found that a sex scene in a story can leave me cold and annoyed, whereas the same words in another story have my full attention. It does not only depend on the story and the skill of the writer whether a sex scene grabs your attention or not. It also depends on the reader; I mean it depends on what the reader is looking for at this very moment he is reading the story. This can range from pure and unstained love to a breathtaking experience that leaves you sleepless for the night. Better check the rating of a story before reading it.